Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Zekhariah

@chrissedoff said:

I didn't agree that it was a disappointing game at first, but looking back I can see how people felt that way, because it is the least best of the three games. I thought it was a very good game mechanically, graphically, and even had a solid story.

Eh, it is worth noting that ME3 has drastically better gameplay mechanics (shooting + RPG system) than ME1 (which would have been better off turn based for how exciting it was). The level design is also much better than ME2 (of the endless corridor). I do not think it is difficult to argue that ME3 > ME1.

As fun as it is to complain about the ending cut scene and story setup, there was a lot of quality not pre-rendered game content in ME3 that did a good job putting the action in the context of the story. And it is not clear to me that a better ending could have been created for the story being told - I think a lot of the weakness in the narrative comes from allowing alternate endings instead of building to one finale.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By BoOzak

I'm only going to speak for games i've actually played because there are many games that people have thrown hissyfits over that werent all that bad. (in my opinion)

Most dissapointing: Ninja Gaiden 3 Worst: Ninja Gaiden 3

Now I know you might think i'm being alittle harsh but i've played Resident Evil 6, and Operation Racoon City. I love Resident Evil and yes those games werent good. But neither of those felt insultingly bad to me. They both tryed new things, and there were a lot of homages to prior games. I honestly got the impression that Capcom felt that was what the fans wanted.

NG3 on the other hand felt like the franchise was being raped of everyhing that made it what it was. Challenging enemys? Nope. Large assortment of weapons? Nope. Kickass boss fights? You fight a Cyber T-Rex but it's far less awesome than it sounds. And the QTE's in that game were more often and more aggravating than the ones in RE6 infact that's where I shamefully mastered the alternating trigger technique. And the online... Fuck...

As for GB, i'd say RE6 will probably fit both categories because it'll be fresh enough in peoples memories that they'll still remember why they hate it.

Although there are many games coming out in November I think weve seen the worst this year has to offer, at least I hope so. Fingers crossed 2013.

Melos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Melos

I haven't played any of the games people have mentioned here. Maybe they are that bad, but there seems to be a pretty narrow focus on big, mainstream games. Surely the worst of the worst is a mostly ignored dog management data phishing game on Android or something of that ilk. That's not really the spirit of WGotY, though, I know.

I'd probably cast a late vote for Intel Discovered. I certainly overreacted to that with a moment of self-righteous disgust after the Quick Look, but I still think that "game" is the worst piece of shit to come along since those "punch the monkey" banner ads.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#104  Edited By BeachThunder

@damnable_fiend said:

the best games I've played this year so far have been Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, Xcom:Enemy Unknown and Dishonored.

oh, and Resonance.

:O I thought you were calling all of them the worst games of the year.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By abendlaender

Did Postal 3 come out this year?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#106  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@sephirm87 said:

@Terramagi said:

Mass Effect 3 was so bad on a conceptual level it actually gave people cancer.

Mass Effect 3 will under no circumstances even be considered for WGotY, but I will bet that it will be a serious contender for Most disappointing game.

Jeff said that there was no way that it would win that category after the amount Patrick and Brad were talking shit about RE6. It was on the bombcast and they didn't say what category but come one.

PS. I think 3 is better than 1.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Zippedbinders said:

My guess is Steel Battalion for "Worst Game" and Resident Evil 6 for "Most Disappointing". ME3 might of failed to have met Jeff's bizarrely high expectations for a sequel to ME2, but everyone on the crew who played it enjoyed that game.

Besides, Brad was the only who played either SB or RE6, and he always wins arguments when he's the only one who played them.

Jeff gave the game four stars and said that it was good, just not as good as ME2. There was a moment on the bombcast where they were talking about the ME3 shitstorm and how because of it he forgot that he totally liked the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@RPGee: Katawa Shoujo is:

1. Not a game

2. Shitty

Get over it

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#109  Edited By falling_fast

@BeachThunder said:

@damnable_fiend said:

the best games I've played this year so far have been Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, Xcom:Enemy Unknown and Dishonored.

oh, and Resonance.

:O I thought you were calling all of them the worst games of the year.

well...uh, you thought wrong, haha

oh wait I misread the topic topic...

idunno then. katawa shoujo looks awful/creepy, that should win maybe.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By triple07

@Village_Guy said:

How about Blackwater, the terrible on-rails shooter for the Kinect that features the Blackwater PMC (currently known as Academi in the real world).

To quote Alex Navarro's review:

This game is practically a war crime.

Didn't that game win worst game of the year last year?

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By PixelPrinny

Hmm... come to think of it, I haven't really played any terrible games this year. I've played some disappointing ones, for sure, like FFXIII-2, but I wouldn't call that game bad. Just a big let down thanks to a final act twist and cliff hanger that made absolutely no sense. Maybe Agarest War 2... that game was pretty bad -and- disappointing since Agarest War Zero was a pleasant surprise and it would have been nice if that trend had continued.

As for GB's, yeah I'll put my money in the Steel Battalion pool with a side bet on maybe a Resident Evil game edging out ahead.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@triple07 said:

@Village_Guy said:

How about Blackwater, the terrible on-rails shooter for the Kinect that features the Blackwater PMC (currently known as Academi in the real world).

To quote Alex Navarro's review:

This game is practically a war crime.

Didn't that game win worst game of the year last year?

Oh right... Never mind then, it was a 2011 game. Man, times been flying fast lately.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#113  Edited By captain_clayman

easily steel batallion.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By jonano

I think Steel Battalion will get worst game of the year straight away but I bet there will be a long debate as to which is more disappointing Mass Effect 3 or Resident evil 6 .

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

RE6

Gradev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Gradev

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock....(hangs head in shame). I also thought Max Payne 3 was an Abomination, but some people enjoyed that so probably not. I just loved the first two so much and felt rather let down but probably always was going to end up feeling that way

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By jerseyscum

Steel Battalion is probably on the short list for Worst of the Year. RE6 might be bad, but at least it's not completely busted out of the box with awful Kinect controls to boot.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By mrpandaman

@ajamafalous said:

All I know is that ME3 wins most disappointing.

I don't know about that, RE6 might take that one. It's going to be a close one especially since someone still has not played ME3 yet... Brad :|

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By kerse

totally steel battalion

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By ajamafalous
@mrpandaman said:

@ajamafalous said:

All I know is that ME3 wins most disappointing.

I don't know about that, RE6 might take that one. It's going to be a close one especially since someone still has not played ME3 yet... Brad :|

But I think the crew's expectations were still way lower for RE6 than they were for ME3.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#121  Edited By Video_Game_King

@RPGee said:

I'm just saying, unless you want to get into a prolonged argument with someone who will call you out for making statements without evidence, then keep that sentiment to the unpopular opinions thread.

Wait, why am I being dragged into this? *reads rest of thread to find out why* Oh no you didn't, other guy. You didn't just insult Katawa Shoujo (fucking Katawa Shoujo) based on 40 minutes you'd played of a 30 hour game (just 2 goddamn percent), did you!? That's.....uuuuugggghhhh.....Excuse me. I'll be browsing YouTube for music that can properly express my anger. It might take a while.

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#122  Edited By EmuLeader

@sephirm87 said:

@Terramagi said:

Mass Effect 3 will under no circumstances even be considered for WGotY, but I will bet that it will be a serious contender for Most disappointing game.

If it's the GB guys' vote, I highly doubt it. None of them seemed like the ending bothered them, and the rest of the game was fantastic. So I can't see this even making a mention beyond all the internet buzz it got.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Terramagi

@EmuLeader said:

@sephirm87 said:

@Terramagi said:

If it's the GB guys' vote, I highly doubt it. None of them seemed like the ending bothered them, and the rest of the game was fantastic. So I can't see this even making a mention beyond all the internet buzz it got.

None of them could talk about it without somebody screaming "THPOILERTH"

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By rpgee
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By zeforgotten

I had lots of fun playing Re:ORC with friends and seeing all the little nods to fans of the Resident Evil series.  
It's not Resident Evil game, then again, 4 and 5 and 6 weren't either.  

Most disappointing game(and since DLC apparantly counts, for some dumb reason):  Sleeping Dogs DLC. 
there is the definition of terrible DLC. 
Paying for Horse Armor was worth it compared to that DLC 

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

There are a lot of games on the market worse than Lollipop Chainsaw, people are forgetting the Wii still exists. Most games made for our audience aren't as bad as people paint them out to be.

Those games are ripe for a 'Most Dissapointing' award though.

A Bad Game.
A Bad Game.
JuggaloAcidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#129  Edited By JuggaloAcidman

Steel Battalion... Hands down!

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Zuldim

My money is on Steel Battalion.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steel Battalion takes it.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By flasaltine

@Little_Socrates said:

Managing to avoid them so far, so that's good!

I preferred the Saints Row DLC to my (sometimes limited) experiences with Amy, Soulcalibur V, Simcity Social, THPS HD, Pocket Planes, and Fart Cat.

Also, Kevin VanOrd is not sure whether Op Raccoon City is worse than RE6. But I figure it's still probably

Oh god why did remind me of that terrible song?

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#133  Edited By korolev

Steel Battalion, undoubtedly. Although... that South Park game.... that's a close contender.

Cisko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Cisko

I think the most disappointing game this year is Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. While it wasn't necessarily bad, it was just boring. The previous Ghost Recon games had some really interesting mechanics that made the game feel challenging and satisfying when you pulled something off flawlessly. Future Soldier's execution type mechanic just made everything very repetitive and forgettable.

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By algertman

I don't see how Steel Battalion doesn't win.

The game doesn't even work.

Seastalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#136  Edited By Seastalk

@Genkkaku said:

I reckon they'll defiantly discuss RE6 for worst..

Steel Battalion had to be a forerunner, it was an unplayable mess

Resident Evil:Operation Raccoon City was also a buggy broken game

They'll <subtle hint> definitely < /subtle hint> be the most defiant amongst their peers...

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By paulunga

Too bad they only consider games with a budget for Worst Game though. They could easily crown shovelware like Farm Simulator or Dragon Ball for Kinect but those aren't enough of a blip on the radar and nobody took them seriously to begin with. Worst Game will be something that got at least some amount of publicity or buzz, even if it's not technically the absolute worst game that you could buy for money this year.

Edit: To be fair they only take into consideration games that they actually reviewed.

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#138  Edited By mrbubbles

i played universal combat again. it's still the worst game i ever played. i know it didn't come out in 2012 but it's by far the worst game i played this year.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By supermonkey122

Resident Evil 6 is bad but it's not worst game of the year material.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#140  Edited By Red

Considering Star Wars Kinect contains this, it either has to win GOTY or WGOTY.

Revixe06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Revixe06

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#142  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

The Saints Row DLC were not bad, just disappointing.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By circlenine

Was anyone *actually* expecting a South Park game to not be a complete piece of shit though?

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Steel Battalion and RE:ORC are probably the most likely picks.

Its just a pity that GB didn't do anything with Revelations 2012- another game that should have a chance at placement here. :(

Possibly not as deserving as Steel Batallion... But definitely more so than RE:ORC at least.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#145  Edited By JoeyRavn