#1 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5260 posts) -

It's almost that time again.You're right,the Holiday break.What games do you plan to play?Are you going back to finish the one that got away?Did you tuck one away just for this occasion?That ever growing Backlog isn't going to finish itself.Maybe you haven't decided yet.Well now's a good time as any.Ducktales for NES Here I come.

#2 Posted by _Chad (963 posts) -

I'll probably play Far Cry 3 when I have the money to buy it.

#3 Posted by C0V3RT (1361 posts) -

It's all dependent of what I finish between now and then, however I hope to get through at least 2 or 3 of the following.

-ZombiU

-Sleeping Dogs

-Mark of the Ninja

- Tokyo Jungle

#4 Posted by IIGrayFoxII (303 posts) -

The new releases of Far Cry 3 and Hitman Absolution. As for backlog, I hope to play Dust: An Elysian Tale and get into my fighter groove with Dead or Alive 5. I surprisingly played all the games I wanted to play this year. Is that good or bad?

Though I believe it is way too early for this thread. Its another 3 weeks for us working folk to be on vacation.
#5 Posted by leafhouse (133 posts) -

Unless Cactus puts out the Mac version before then, im gonna play Hotline Miami on my brothers PC when I go home for Christmas.

#6 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5260 posts) -

@IIGrayFoxII said:

The new releases of Far Cry 3 and Hitman Absolution. As for backlog, I hope to play Dust: An Elysian Tale and get into my fighter groove with Dead or Alive 5. I surprisingly played all the games I wanted to play this year. Is that good or bad?

Though I believe it is way too early for this thread. Its another 3 weeks for us working folk to be on vacation.

It's never too early to be prepared.

#7 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

Far Cry 3 and Black Ops 2, plus probably some steam holiday sale games, I have half of December, and the entirety of January off to study for exams, so plenty of time for video games if my studymates and I get going early on.

#8 Posted by TheJohn (553 posts) -

I'm gonna make an attempt at mastering GalCiv2. With the exception of one game of Civ V I've never played a 4x game before, so this is probably going to take both time and effort.

#9 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4888 posts) -

Finish XCOM and Hotline Miami,, play Dust and Mark of the Ninja. Maybe some need for speed amd Borderlands 2 as well.

#10 Edited by Turambar (6677 posts) -

Might import Super Robot Wars Original Generations 2

Also should play through the fan translation for Fire Emblem 12.

#11 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

@TheJohn said:

I'm gonna make an attempt at mastering GalCiv2. With the exception of one game of Civ V I've never played a 4x game before, so this is probably going to take both time and effort.

The proper way of mastering GalCiv2 is to spend hours in the ship builder trying to reproduce the Enterprise.

#12 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1954 posts) -

Picking up XCOM on the PC, so I'll be neck-deep in alien corpses. Probably going to hang around in Sleeping Dogs a bit more just to Dim Mak some fools in my business attire, plus I'm just going to steamroll through Saints Row: The Third at some point.

Then there's Red Faction: Armageddon which is just... bafflingly alright, and I might jump into Far Cry 3 at some point. Game looks fun as shit - like a tropical STALKER. Oh, and I'll probably boot up Shadow of Chernobyl again. Been playing with the LURK1.1 mod (no hud, sweet bloom and lighting post-proc but that weird silhouetting like in SR3 and The Witcher 2) and getting annoyed at the enemies not having bullet drop while I have it every two meters.

But in the end I'll probably just have played XCOM.

#13 Posted by upwarDBound (654 posts) -

I might finally get to Dragon Quest IX.

#14 Posted by Redbullet685 (6029 posts) -

I'm hoping to get Far Cry 3 for Christmas, and if I do, then I will be playing that. And maybe still XCOM.

#15 Posted by LongMasterWolf (171 posts) -

Keep playing Halo 4, probably get through ACIII after my roommate is done with it.

#16 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

Dishonored, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, FIFA, Walking Dead, and either Hitman or Far Cry depending on which one I choose.

#17 Edited by TheJohn (553 posts) -

@Turambar: Haha, dude. Please don't... Just don't give me ideas, ok?

Fuck.

I guess there goes the holidays :-D Thanks!

EDIT: Also, this:

@SirOptimusPrime said:

Probably going to hang around in Sleeping Dogs a bit more just to Dim Mak some fools in my business attire

#18 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

@TheJohn said:

@Turambar: Haha, dude. Please don't... Just don't give me ideas, ok?

Fuck.

I guess there goes the holidays :-D Thanks!

EDIT: Also, this:

@SirOptimusPrime said:

Probably going to hang around in Sleeping Dogs a bit more just to Dim Mak some fools in my business attire

You need to go on the galciv forums and check out their old Show Off Your Ship threads. They are AMAZING.

#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (36066 posts) -

@Turambar said:

Also should play through the fan translation for Fire Emblem 12.

Golden Sun, then this.

#20 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5807 posts) -

I bought myself Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward as a Christmas present, so that probably. Also the 3DS I bought included Super Mario 3D land so I'll probably get around to that at some point.

If I manage to save up a few bucks I think I'll get Far Cry 3 as well.

#21 Posted by D_Bones (365 posts) -

Hoping to find time to play co-op with buddy now that our schedules with both be clear. So probably Dead Island or Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One or PSAS if i buy it. If i'm single playering it then Uncharted 3 or Mortal Kombat. Then depending on xmas XCOM hopefully. Ugh so many games...I LOVE IT

#22 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

Probably stuff I get for Christmas and stuff I can finally buy with my financial aid I'll get next week. I'm a full-time student, so I have a bit more time to spend on this stuff. Breaks are pretty much the same amount of game playing as normal times.

#23 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Turambar said:

Also should play through the fan translation for Fire Emblem 12.

Golden Sun, then this.

Was the DS version any good?

#24 Posted by Video_Game_King (36066 posts) -

@Turambar:

You mean Shadow Dragon? I last played it in 2009, but from what I remember, it's the best version of the original NES game you're gonna get. Unfortunately, that just exposes quite a few of the flaws present at the core of the game, like the story kinda lacking. Still a good game, though.

#25 Posted by TheHBK (5464 posts) -

Have an unopened copy of The Witcher 2 for the xbox and also gonna get into Far Cry 3 with some Halo 4 multiplayer with friends to mix things up.

#26 Posted by RJPelonia (853 posts) -

Many, many games, hopefully. A few new titles, much more old. I intend set up a Winter Run 2012 for myself much like my Summer Run 2012 and I encourage others to do the same if they are in the same boat as I. I'd actually enjoy reading how others clear out their back-catalog of games.

#27 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Turambar:

You mean Shadow Dragon? I last played it in 2009, but from what I remember, it's the best version of the original NES game you're gonna get. Unfortunately, that just exposes quite a few of the flaws present at the core of the game, like the story kinda lacking. Still a good game, though.

No, I meant the Golden Sun one for the DS.

#28 Posted by Video_Game_King (36066 posts) -

@Turambar:

I'm still playing the first one.

#29 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -

I was playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Black Ops 2 for a bit, then all the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals hit. I've been playing Sleeping Dogs since I got it. After I finish that, I want to play as many of this year's releases before GOTY talk on here. I'm leaning towards:

  • Sleeping Dogs (I think I'm 3/4 done)
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Binary Domain
  • Black Ops 2 (Campaign)
  • Hotline Miami (Mission 10?)
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Asura's Wrath (About 1/4 through)

It's a pretty hefty list, but I think I can get through them.