What game would you want re-made with today's technology?

• 140 results
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I continue to feel like the Metroid Prime games would look exceptional in HD running natively. With emulation, I've seen Final Fantasy 12 in a high resolution and it looks fantastic, it really needs to run natively on modern technology.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I continue to feel like the Metroid Prime games would look exceptional in HD running natively. With emulation, I've seen Final Fantasy 12 in a high resolution and it looks fantastic, it really needs to run natively on modern technology.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to finish that game.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#103  Edited By Justin258

@gokaired said:

@believer258 said:

Thanks for reminding me, I need to finish that game.

Metroid Prime or FF12?

The former is a must-play for anyone that can use a controller. The latter is merely a really good game.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digged up my memory a bit more after my previous post and remembered both Heretic and Hexen games! Too bad Raven got axed, otherwise there could maybe even be some hope for that or a reboot to happen.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earthworm Jim on the UbiArt framework? Also, they keep re-making Myst, but I'd really like a Riven one. (I think there's a fan one, but a professional one'd be nice).

_Dad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghosts 'n Goblins.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Pong

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's a PS2/GC game, but an official Killer7 HD re-release would be pretty sweet, especially since I imagine that newer fans of Suda51 might find it difficult to get a copy. One would think that with almost all of the textures being flat colors, it wouldn't be that difficult, but then again, I don't work in the games industry. I also have no idea who owns the rights to it anymore, lots of finger pointing between Suda and Capcom going on whenever I try to search it.
I got music links too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNIlClYUp5M

i_Dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Siphon Filter ( First 3 games in one)

2. Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

3. Sled Storm

4. Full Throttle

5. Driver 2

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm probably going to get alot of shit for this...

But Fallout 1 & 2. And yes do it in the bethesda style. Fallout 1 & 2 are among my favorite games of all time, but they have aged horribly. Remakes of them staying true to the script and themes would be amazing.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Parasite Eve 2,

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Zeus: Master of Olympus

No Caption Provided

Sir_WilliamIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest with how reboots have gone I would rather it not happen

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I could really go for a remake/reboot of Contra right about now. Shattered Soldier was good for its day, but eh, I want to see what Konami (or whatever mercenaries they hire) would do with new consoles and a fresh perspective.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm probably going to get alot of shit for this...

But Fallout 1 & 2. And yes do it in the bethesda style. Fallout 1 & 2 are among my favorite games of all time, but they have aged horribly. Remakes of them staying true to the script and themes would be amazing.

Oh getting ready for a shitting unlike anything you've ever seen before you son of a bi-actually that would be pretty fun, although I do disagree with you about them having aged horribly I do concede that some of that might be from my nostalgia I see the games through, but even then I still don't think horribly, however a Beth style remake for them would be kind of fun, I like the way the new games play and the atmosphere they present and all of that good stuff, but Beths writing staff are... sub par, here and there they have moments of really cool ideas but for the most part everything they do storyline and dialogue wise is just so stale or straight up insultingly bad.

Fallout 3's original ending is still one of the worst endings ever, the DLC may have fixed it, but it fixed something that should never have been broken in the first place, but hey, you take that Fallout 1 story and dialogue and decision making and mix it with that Beth gameplay and I would have a blast.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love for the first 5 Metal Gear games to be remade for a modern standard.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Elite.

Yes, that would be very cool. Space trading, piracy, arms dealing, smuggling games need to come back. I always felt that was what Mass effect was missing, they were always trying to save the world instead of just live in it and enjoy having a great spaceship. Buying and upgrading your ship, hiring crew, figuring out trade routes would be awesome. I woudl also love it if there was a randomization scheme so that your universe is not like my universe. Different concentrations of allies and enemies, random amounts of mineable materials, player choice in many levels.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By HerbieBug

Final Fantasy VII. Now, say what you will about the quality of that game, I do think it is an important part of the ff series and is maybe the best candidate I can think of for a complete graphical overhaul.

I continue to be amazed how resistant Square has been to this. it is free money.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Frogger

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

An HD Remake of the DKC Trilogy would be rad especially if they add wildlife and the sort of physics to the environment that DKCR/TF have. They should not change the physics though of the originals, that'd be bad.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#122  Edited By Video_Game_King

@herbiebug said:

I continue to be amazed how resistant Square has been to this. it is free money.

They've spoken about it before. Long story short: Midgar alone would bankrupt them. Also, aren't you overestimating the audience for a seventeen year old JRPG?

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would pay a large sum of money for a MGS 1 remake in ps4 graphics and updated engine, keep the story exactly the same. Hell, use the same files for all audio too.
Also, the metal gear games would be another great idea. All the others in that series are fantastic.

Feels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As has been said earlier, something Legacy of Kain related. Perhaps LoK: Defiance. Have crazy bouts of nostalgia over those games. Someone needs to bring the series back with the same love and care given to the originals.

Honestly though, Nosgoth? What the fuck...

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would really love to see Pitfall redone as a action adventure, climbing traversal game like Uncharted or Tomb Raider. The big change I would want is NONE of the occult, mysticism or magic fantasy elements. I want a straight forward adventure game with more puzzles and climbing, but a lot less gunplay than you find in Uncharted or Tomb Raider.

McBEEF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Medal of Honor Underground/ Allied Assault and its expansions would be epic with updated graphics but the same great atmosphere/music and gameplay.

Heavy Gear and Jedi Power Battles maybe?

Black and White with updated graphics and Black and White 2's city building would be sweet.

I would say Grim Fandango but I think the dated look adds to its charm

Jackentrote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Jackentrote

Thankfully I'm very content when it comes to this. I have no wishes.

Max Payne was revived and it was everything I had hoped for, the first Crysis is still a piece of marvel and was remade and perfected with Far Cry 3, The Witcher is getting a new sequel that is expected to blow everything out of the water, Battlefield is pretty sexy, Deus Ex Human Revolution was delicious.. I wished for a pirates game, AC Black Flag was amazing, I wished for a cowboy game, Red Dead Redemption is still fantastic.. There is nothing I crave to be remade or re-imagined, it's all there and it's all amazing.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herbiebug said:

They've spoken about it before. Long story short: Midgar alone would bankrupt them. Also, aren't you overestimating the audience for a seventeen year old JRPG?

No, I don't think so.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@herbiebug:

How much has FF7 sold on PSN? Or on Steam? These could prove valuable metrics.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Doskias

Resident Evil Outbreak! This occured to me at work today. I want another one of those.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I can see is a big, beautiful open world Jet Set Radio game.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first Mass Effect.

Actually, I'd love to see a BioWare game with Naughty Dog-level performance capture. Or really, perfomance/motion capture of any kind. Going Through the Motions is becoming a real detriment to their games.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Roger778

1. Knights of the old Republic (that one game made me a big fan of Bioware)

2. Deus Ex (it's a great game, but the graphics are really dated and ugly)

3. Jade Empire

4. Grim Fandango

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Terrific discussion, gang. I would have said Might and Magic last year. Now, I'd definitely say Quest for Glory. Imagine a third-person Elder Scrolls with some mild puzzle solving involving your abilities and skills, all in the wonderful lands from the series. Excuse me, I'm going to wipe the drool from my chin.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By monkeyking1969

@mcbeef said:

Medal of Honor Underground/ Allied Assault and its expansions would be epic with updated graphics but the same great atmosphere/music and gameplay.

I would play Medal of Honor again if it had the story of "Johnny Got His Gun".

...Joe Bonham, a young soldier serving in [A NEAR FUTURE] WorldWar , awakens in a hospital bed after being caught in the blast of an exploding artillery shell. He gradually realizes that he has broken his back, lost his arms, legs, and all of his face (including his eyes, ears, teeth, and tongue), but that his mind functions perfectly, leaving him a prisoner in his own body. (For this game we make it most of his face he still has one blurry eye and can hear someone form one ear.)

Joe attempts suicide by suffocation, but finds that he had been given a tracheotomy which he can neither remove nor control. At first Joe wishes to die, but later decides that he desires to be placed in a glass box and toured around the country in order to show others the true horrors of war. Joe successfully communicates these desires with military officials by banging his head on his pillow in Morse code. However, he realizes that neither desire will be granted, and it is implied that he will live the rest of his natural life in his condition.

As Joe drifts between reality and fantasy, he remembers his old life with his family, wife, kids and reflects upon the myths and realities of war.

The first 45 minutes of the game play out like a normal CoD style shooter. This sets the stage of what is happening, who they enemies are, some brutality of war and all of it is somewhat bombastic. Then you realize that what you just played was a memory that's why it was some simplified and bombastic like a video game...it wasn't real...it was a memory. The game then switches between memories and being awake in the the hospital. Because you re-live parts of your duty the game is still 50% shooter, but after the first sequences the warfare is more realistic each and every time, that is the ramp up of difficulty as the mission go on. Some of the military memories are just being with your buddies too, and because these are all dreams you family, kids, wife and friends shows up sometimes in odd places. Twenty-five percent of the game is like Heavy Rain where you are with your family, your girlfriend just living your life before - shopping, dressing, playing with your child, spending time with your wife. But again these are memories/dreams so the enemy for the games creep around the edges of some memories - think Jacobs Ladder. Another twenty-five percent is trying to make yourself understood at the hospital overhearing conversations among the people and watching them hazily from one eye, but the problem is nobody realizes he is awake because at first he cannot move his head.

I don't want a happy ending. I don't want science to help him. The dream world is his only uneasy comfort and being awake is his hell.

xite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make something like Super Mario Galaxy for Wario.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#137  Edited By hockeymask27
Loading Video...

Socom 2 I want to go back :(

Razorsfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be cool if they remade 'Robotech' the video game. there could be some real potential there.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Desert Strike and Jungle Strike. Although I believe a reboot is coming if you believe the rumours about EA patent for Desert Strike.

Twisted Metal 2 World Tour with next gen graphics would be awesome. Just hope they keep the gameplay and level design exactly the same.

RPG/Adventure game wise I'd like to see Landstalker remade as that game was epic.

Avatar image for absolutelyalmost
AbsolutelyAlmost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil Outbreak series. Those games were too godlike for people and technology to truly comprehend back when they came out. Make it like 20 scenarios long, add proper online infrastructure, make it free-to-play and add cosmetics you can purchase for your favourite survivors.
BAM! Capcom make millions overnight.

Cactusapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gauntlet.

Bloodwych.

Get Dexter.

The Eidolon.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sUPER METROID. I would orgasm buckets....