What games do you have pre-ordered and why?

• 74 results
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Ace829

So I'm wondering what are the kind of games that most of the Giant Bomb userbase has pre-ordered at the moment. Are they AAA blockbuster titles? Super niche Japanese games? Or maybe that new MMO that looks REALLY REALLY good. (Like Guild Wars 2)

I have my own little list of games I currently have pre-ordered. They're all from Amazon because Amazon is pretty damn cool.

1. Lollipop Chainsaw. This game intrigued me when the first trailer came out, and since I like Suda51's work (only played No More Heroes to be honest) I wanted to put down the money for it. It also helps that Amazon had it for $45 temporarily. I really hope it doesn't disappoint.

2. The Last Story. This is actually the game I wanted the most out of all the Operation Rainfall games. Mistwalker really impressed me with Lost Odyssey and the reviews for this game sound good enough. Second reason I pre-ordered is the rumor going around that there will be a limited print run for this game, and I didn't want a repeat of the Radiant Historia fiasco so I put my money down for this. Can't wait!

3. Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy. I am a sucker for this game. Combining rhythm game mechanics with Final Fantasy music is a genius idea, and I'm really surprised that Square came up with it. If looked at with a cynical eye, it would look like another milking of the Final Fantasy behemoth using nostalgia and brand name, but I can't get over the Ultros battle scene or that one and only good song from FFXIII being played with nice scenery in the background. So yeah... Also Amazon dropped it to $30 because WHY THE FUCK NOT.

4. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. Goddamn that title is a mouthful. I would have preferred 'Good People Die', but I imagine the ESRB or some fucktarded morailty group would go nuts over that. Anywho, this is the sequel to the mindfuckingly (made up word) awesome 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors adventure game for the DS. I am pre-ordering for two reasons. I'm hoping Amazon drops the price at some point, and I want to play it ASAP before some asshole spoils the game for me somehow.

So what about you, Giant Bomb?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I should have The Last Story pre-ordered, but through a combination of release date ambiguity and sheer sloth, it has yet to pass.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

i have Lollipop Chainsaw pre-ordered because i think it looks ok. a spiritual successor to No More Heroes sounds good to me. i also have Gravity Rush pre-ordered because the demo was super fun and it was one of the games that made me want to get a Vita in the first place.

unfortunately, they both come out next week.. exam week.

i'm also gonna wait until collector's edition details before i go out and pre-order Dead or Alive 5.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

Xcom:EU

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I don't usually pre-order games because I don't see the point. I only do so if there's a Collector's Edition I want or some other kind of benefit, so those I currently have pre-ordered were done because I saved $20 off of them from a Best Buy deal:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3): I enjoy the campaign of CoD games and enjoy the multiplayer a whole lot. New Wager Match modes plus gameplay system revisions make me excited for it.
  • BioShock Infinite (PC): I don't usually buy single player only games on day 1 (does Infinite have multiplayer? Dunno.) because I finish games pretty quickly, but it's BioShock, so I'll make an exception. I've enjoyed both entries into the series so far and Infinite looks really cool.

Other 2012 games I'm getting on day 1 and might pre-order if they have some kind of bonus in the future:

• Persona 4: Arena
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
  • Gravity Rush (would have pre-ordered it for the bonus skin plus mission, but I want to buy it on PSN)
  • Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  • The Last of Us (maybe)
kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By kerse

None I usually just buy them on the day and I really don't don't care about the bonuses usually.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 71Ranchero

I think the only game I have ever pre-ordered was War for Cyberton. I cant remember why but I wanted the disc version for PC and I heard they were going to be hard to find on launch day.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I don't have it yet, but I'm hoping to pre-order the crazy edition of Borderlands 2 with the chest once I start my new job Tuesday

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By shirogane

@MordeaniisChaos said:

I don't have it yet, but I'm hoping to pre-order the crazy edition of Borderlands 2 with the chest once I start my new job Tuesday

Yep, that's what i preordered. I so didn't want to, but i just had to do it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#10  Edited By StarvingGamer

Off the top of my head:
Lollipop Chainsaw
Darksiders 2
Persona 4 Arena
Resident Evil 6
Borderlands 2
Zone of the Enders HD

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#11  Edited By pyromagnestir

Bioshock Infinite

The Last Guardian

GTA V

Because they will be awesome and because I can!

Hopefully The Last Guardian will be awesome anyway, what with all that Ueda business. God damn I want that game to be great. I need it to be great. I have nothing else to look forward to. Don't take this away from me Sony!

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Shirogane said:

@MordeaniisChaos said:

Yep, that's what i preordered. I so didn't want to, but i just had to do it.

I already have Halo 3 Legendary edition on my record (to be clear, psyched I own that helmet, as it is now signed by the duders over at Bungie, but I feel almost a little fanboyish), at this point I can't feel bad about giving into impulses for stuff like that. And the Borderlands chest is so fuckin' awesome. A few modifications and it'd be a pretty wicked item to own.

green_sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By green_sky

1) Guild Wars 2: My friends are bit into it and i want to try something new as i haven't experienced much of this genre.

2) COD: BLOPS 2: Great multiplayer and well good single player.

3) The Last of Us: I loved whatever naughty offered this gen and this one looks even better.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ace829

I might be considering the Halo 4: Limited Edition since for $40 extra you basically get a "Season Pass" for future DLC maps, a freaking movie (sorta) detailing the beginning of the human/covenant war, and a cool ass case. I'm just a little wary of the quality of the game since Bungie is no longer making it. That E3 trailer looked great though so who knows.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Karl_Boss

Currently none because I very rarely preorder.....might preorder Halo 4 though once my next paycheck comes in.

Ragnarok512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ragnarok512

Just gw2. I don't really preorder games because my gaming mood shifts too often.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Hunter5024

I don't preorder games because I will always be able to find a copy of a game on day 1 whether I preorder or not. I will likely pay for The Last Story on amazon before it comes out however.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By BionicRadd

I was gonna do the whole "preordering is shady as crap" speech, but you do it through Amazon, which is just about the only retailer I've found that isn't shady with pre-ordering. That said, my answer is none, because it's just not something I do.

Have a nice day. Happy to contribute nothing to the discussion!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#19  Edited By StarvingGamer

Oh, why?

Lollipop Chainsaw - Darksiders 2 - Because Darksiders was awesome and loot games are awesome
Persona 4 Arena - Because I am the resident fighting game genre fanboy, also Resident Evil 6 - Because I loved RE5, it's the second closest I've ever gotten to a Platinum trophy
Borderlands 2 - TRILLIONS OF GUNS
Zone of the Enders HD - Because someone has to buy it so they make ZoE3

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By tourgen

None.  I pre-order thru Amazon if it's a multiplayer game all my friends will be getting - and only because it's easier than going to the store on release day before I get home from work.  Otherwise I enjoy waiting for the reviews to roll through.  also to give myself a week or two to figure out if I have time to play it and if I really want it after release-week hype dies off.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dillonwerner

Guild Wars 2.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By apathylad

I still need to go preorder Last Story. I'll try to take care of that soon.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BaneFireLord

Torchlight II on Steam, because of the prepurchase bonus. $20 for Torchlight 1 and 2 is a hell of a deal.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Borderlands 2

Mostly just to reserve the cheaper prices that Amazon has them listed for in case they increase the price. Which actually happened with Borderlands 2, so I already have a ten dollar discount for that. Amazon doesn't charge until the item ships, so I don't even know if that counts as a pre-order.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25  Edited By me3639

I am really surprised at how many people have pre orders, and i think about how sales has been poor so far this year. Interesting. As for me, i dont pre order because i cant keep up with all the great games that have already been released. I just finished uncharted 2 and planning on playing some Deus Ex HR and Metro 2033 this week. However, im pretty psyched for Dishonored, and Darksiders 2 so i may go plop some $$$ on those two.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ltsmash

I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I plan on pre-ordering Assassin's Creed III. Really enjoyed ACII through Revelations and love American history, so it's kind of a "chocolate and peanut butter" situation.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Joeyoe31

I don't preorder often. Right now just Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Hizang
  • Lollypop Chainsaw - I really don't know much about this game, other than it will be weird. Seeing as I haven't had a new game in a while then I decided why the fuck not.
  • Ratchet and Clank HD Collection - Huge fan of games featured here and I want it as soon as.
Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Not a single pre-order for me- I learned my harsh lesson with that way back in 2003. :(

My wish list may be large- but I am patient. I rarely see any need to get a game right at launch these days. Especially not with how mutable my wish list is- I tend to add and remove games from it at a moment's notice. >_>

Now if I were someone who was still willing to do pre-orders at all, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale are the only ones I'd even remotely consider for a pre-order these days. But I'm not going to- as I simply don't do pre-orders anymore.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#30  Edited By BeachThunder

I tend to only preorder at the very last moment; I'm planning on preordering Quantum Conundrum.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By Wemibelle

I only pre-order games I know I'm going to buy anyway and so I don't have to remember to put the order in on Amazon when it's almost out. Right now, I just have Lollipop Chainsaw because of the $45 price point it was at recently.

Guild Wars 2 technically wasn't a pre-order, everyone. It was a pre-purchase. :)

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MrKlorox

None per se. However I bought Battlefield Premium, so I guess you could say that I have the upcoming DLC for BF3 preordered. Cause the freshness of the maps and stuff is directly proportionate to my enjoyment of the game.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I actually don't have a game on pre-order but I have my eyes on Persona 4 Arena because I really want to get into Arc System Works games and P4A would be a good introduction before going to their legendary and upcoming Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deskp

lego batman 2. Because i want it asap, also i did preorder it somewhere that will give me bonus characthers.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By connerthekewlkid

anarchy reigns because it platinum games and its powerstone

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hoossy

I don't preorder usually until right before a game comes out... usually because I have to wait to see if I will have the cash available. Don't buy games on credit kids!

But most likely I will be preordering:

• AC3
  • The Last of Us
  • Borderlands 2
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Watch Dogs... (if Ubisoft doesn't mess up the concept I Am Alive style)
Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Brunchies

None, the last game i pre ordered was mass effect 2 about 2 to 3 years ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DallasTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DallasTheGamer

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance - Huge fan of this series and I'm not gonna miss this one out.

Resident Evil 6 - Same with this. I really like what I've seen so far.

Persona 4: The Arena - A Persona 4 fighter co-developed with the Blazblue guys? Sign me up!

Tomb Raider - I've never beena huge fan of TR but this game looks like something I'd like to play. Looks fun.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PixelPrinny

Record of Agarest War 2 because as bad and dumb as the series is, I like it. Don't judge me!

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Slay3r1583

None, but I'm thinking about pre-ordering Record of Agarest War 2. I don't pre-order unless it is a real niche game or a collectors edition that I really want. The last two games I did were Akai Katana and Atelier Meruru.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By JoeyRavn

Let's see...

IIRC, Darksiders II (Steam), Borderlands 2 (PC, Amazon), Assassin's Creed III (Fight or Die Edition, PC, Amazon).

Oh! And Torchlight II (Steam).

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ares42

I've pre-purchased the Civ 5 expansion, since steam was having a "sale". Other than that though I actually get better deals by not pre-ordering where I live, since Gamestop is the only ones offering any pre-order bonuses but their prices are higher (while other stores tend to have release day/week sales).

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None for a few reasons. I don't usually pre-order games (when I do I usually don't get around to it until about a week before release on Amazon just so it shows up at my door the day of release, that or getting pre-order bonuses/pre-load on steam. And I only pre-order games I really, really want to play), I don't have the money to do so right now even if I wanted to pre-order games, and nothing is coming out soon enough for me to bother pre-ordering yet (guess I kind of already said that.)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#46  Edited By Humanity

I'm interested in Lollipop Chainsaw but I'm worried it will turn out just average. So waiting on a Quick Look first and didn't pre-order.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mitsuko_souma

Resident Evil 6 & Borderlands 2, each have $20 store credit attached, otherwise I normally don't pre-order if it's just for some trivial in-game item.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By joshthebear

Just Lollipop Chainsaw at the moment. Will do Borderlands 2 at some point for the extra character.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By biggiedubs

Spirit Camera for the 3DS! The UK finally gets it at the end of June, and I'm pretty pumped. I guess because it came out in April for the US and I've heard absolutely nothing about it on any of the various podcasts and blogs I keep up-to-date with, probably means it sucks. BUT I WILL SUPPORT YOU SPIRIT CAMERA. I SUPPORT CRAZY SHIT LIKE THIS

Fatal Frame 2: Wii version, for much the same reason. Always prefered Fatal Frame to our name of 'Project Zero'.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#50  Edited By InfiniteSpark

The Last Story due to the fact that it's only going to have a limited run.