What happens whenever you hear a spoiler?

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Cwaff

For some reason if anything is spoiled for me, be it a TV show I have not yet watched, a game, a movie, etc, I can never forget it. 
For example in multiple cases I know that __________ dies in ________ and I don't even know who they are because I've never watched/played the game/movie!

Are any of you like me or lucky enough to forget quickly enough soon after?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

I just try to forget and carry on playing the game or watching the show or whatever.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Sadly not, because I'll be so peeved with the spoiler being revealed to me that it'll be stuck in my head probably long after I've even completed the game/movie itself.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AlwaysAngry

I had everything you could possibly imagine spoiled for me in MGS4. I asked a question about how the game plays, and I got response that says 

It was just out of nowhere. Somebody said "You didn't have to spoil the game for the guy..." and he just respopnded, "Yes I did. Now he doesn't have to play this shitty game." 

I'm still angry at that prick. Either way though, I still played through and enjoyed MGS4.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee
@AlwaysAngry said:
"I had everything you could possibly imagine spoiled for me in MGS4. I asked a question about how the game plays, and I got response that says 

It was just out of nowhere. Somebody said "You didn't have to spoil the game for the guy..." and he just respopnded, "Yes I did. Now he doesn't have to play this shitty game." 
Snake doesn't die. 

Akiba and Maryl get married. 

Etc etc.
 I'm still angry at that prick. Either way though, I still played through and enjoyed MGS4. "

And there we have the origins..to your undying anger! =O
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By trophyhunter

I don't care it's the adventure not the destination.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I shit my pants.

Avatar image for mercurycrusader
MercuryCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MercuryCrusader

I watch my youngest brother play through all of Metal Gear Solid 4, and even at the end we were both still horribly confused. That spoiler up there pretty much made it easier on me. Thanks, spoilers!  

But the important question remains, "Was Metal Gear Solid 4 a fun game or a fun movie?"

jaymorgoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jaymorgoth

Usually i don't get too pissed...i try to avoid coverage if i really care about something but honestly spoilers can be so out of context that i have no idea about who, what, where etc. I mean really it's the experience that matters and you don't know how things got to that spoiler point.  Like the one about Snake dying, i wouldn't know why or how, plus there is volumes more to that game then just that question.

Rirobuge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rirobuge

If I don't know about the characters or plot, I typically forget, but if it is something I'm actively engaged in, I find it hard to forget.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Illmatic

I usually get a sinking feeling in my gut cause a spoiler can affect whether or not I'll play a game. I've avoided MGS4 and Uncharted 2 spoilers like the plague as I have yet to own a PS3 but who knows how long that'll last till someone on a podcast nonchalantly drops a spoiler assuming everyone who wants to play it already has.

arkkazeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By arkkazeal

If I get spoilered for something that I know nothing of, then I`ll usually forget it right until it actually pops up and be all ``Oh I see now`` after it.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By JJWeatherman

The first three quarters of a second after reading it, I desperately try to forget it. After that though I just give in and accept it.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By mazik765

Every time someone spoils something for me a kitten dies...I make sure of that.

Seriously though, I have a fairly short attention span so unless it's something big about a game or movie I actively wanted to see, it is usually gone within a few minutes.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By penguindust

I avoid them where I can for games and books, but I am not so vigilant for movies or TV shows.  Games because of the interaction and books because everything is created in your head feel like more intimate experiences to me than movies or TV.  I don't become overly upset if some details are spoiled, and I tend to have a pretty short memory, so chances are I'll forget in a week anyway, but I do feel as if a little bit of the fun was taken from me when I happen upon a spoiler.  I've accidentally uncovered them while pursuing other information related to a game, and I feel those disclosures are my own fault.  I hold nothing against the person who revealed the secrets.  When Uncharted 2 was about to hit store shelves, I avoided practically all discussion of the game until I had played enough for me to have passed all but the concluding events.  If I had ventured into the Uncharted 2 forums and stumbled upon a spoiler then it was my own damn fault for being there.  Having said that, there is no excuse for "Mr Blank is the killer in Game X" or "Blank dies in Game X" as a forum post title.  

By and large, the bigger part of the story is the journey for me.  Most games, movies, etc...end with the hero triumphant so that result is usually a forgone conclusion.  However, how the protagonist makes it there is important and that's much harder to spoil by broadcasting some plot twist.  Now a murder mystery can be spoiled by a premature reveal, but most adventure tales are pretty cut and dry.   Someone could tell me the big turn of events in Modern Warfare 2 and it wouldn't make a lick of difference to me, but tell me who the Origami Killer is and it's like blowing the seeds from a dandelion.  It lessens the overall experience.   I could still play the game with such knowledge, but the feeling I have as the final credits roll would be weaker than if I had played the game innocent of the outcome.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Synthballs
ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I detest spoilers and try my best to avoid them.
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fwylo

My mind 'splodes.

RobJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By RobJ

My eyes roll back in my head, I start shaking and must be given a Sour Starburst to chew on.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StrikeALight

Someone ruined the ending of Heavy Rain here a few weeks back. Topic title and everything. That guy was just out to be a jerk.  

Still enjoyed the game, nonetheless.
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By armaan8014
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jack268

This happens.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I get on with life. As a moderator, I often have to deal with:

• People being dicks and spoiling stuff on the forums.
  • People being awesome and submitting storylines to the wiki

Both things regularly spoil games for me. I'm used to it and I just get on with life. It doesn't really bother me.
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Gabriel
@StrikeALight said:
" Someone ruined the ending of Heavy Rain here a few weeks back. Topic title and everything. That guy was just out to be a jerk.   Still enjoyed the game, nonetheless. "
I just now picked it up because the game was spoiled for me by that prick, While I do like it I can't help but feel how much better the game would be if I didn't know who the Oragami Killer was.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@Gabriel said:
" @StrikeALight said:
" Someone ruined the ending of Heavy Rain here a few weeks back. Topic title and everything. That guy was just out to be a jerk.   Still enjoyed the game, nonetheless. "
I just now picked it up because the game was spoiled for me by that prick, While I do like it I can't help but feel how much better the game would be if I didn't know who the Oragami Killer was. "
Isn't it different every time...?
JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus
@AlwaysAngry: The endings can be different every time, but the killer will always be the same.
Bhouse563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bhouse563

I find that facts about a games story line don't spoil it as much as people believe (in my opinion). To me it is not about the single facts in a story, it's about how it progresses to that point. I could tell you how a game ends, but if you were really interested in the game you would still care about how it gets there.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jeffsekai

I say "god dammit" and then they say oh what ever you don't know the context. The it happens and it loses all its effect

RedHatDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RedHatDrew

It's usually someone in the workplace for me. I utilize my knife-to-tire technique, and format their work computer, after they leave.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By tebbit
@creamypies said:
" I shit my pants. "
And this is why we don't allow you on the Persian rug anymore.
pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pekoe212

Brad Shoemaker spoiled Heavy Rain for me during the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run. That really pissed me off as I was planning to play the game eventually and had avoided reading information about it other than reviews since it came out.  I still did play it and enjoy it but a lot of the suspense was taken away. I just hated running into plot information in such a random way, it was like a drive-by spoiling. And it was Brad's great review that had helped me determine I would definitely play Heavy Rain...

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By linkster7

I once hit a guy in the face for spoiling the O.C.

I can't imagine what would happen if someone spoiled something like Lost for me. Luckily no one ever spoiled anything for  ever again.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheHT

At first I get annoyed, then I realize it doesn't botther me much and go on to enjoy the game/movie/book or whatever.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sixghost
@Jeffsekai said:
" I say "god dammit" and then they say oh what ever you don't know the context. The it happens and it loses all its effect "
Yeah, and then 2 hours into actually playing the game you say, "Oh, well I guess that's what they meant" and the game is ruined anyway.
evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By evanbrau
@MercuryCrusader:
Neither, 2 and 4 are definitely the low points in that series which sucks considering how balls to the wall brilliant MGS 3 was.

On spoilers I don't really mind that much, I've found out a lot of shit before seeing films or playing games and it really hasn't impacted on my enjoyment of the game or film that much.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By End_Boss

What happens when I hear a spoiler? 

A raindrop is heard around the globe that heralds the apocalypse.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Ryax
@creamypies said:
" I shit my pants. "
aw man! i was totally gonna say that
EsN_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EsN_Fish

It depends on how much of a story is spoiled. If it's something obvious or a minor detail then I don't mind it being spoiled. If it's a huge plot twist that comes from out of no where, then I hate when it's spoiled. Of course this only applies to games I want to play, if I'm not gonna play it then I couldn't care less about spoilers. 

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Brendan
@Linkster7 said:
"

I once hit a guy in the face for spoiling the O.C.

I can't imagine what would happen if someone spoiled something like Lost for me. Luckily no one ever spoiled anything for  ever again.

"

Man that sucks, that show had some really great plot turns.
Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#40  Edited By Jazz

A fairy dies. 

In all seriousness. Spoilers are kind of come with the territory.  
It's not what happens, but how you get there that interests me.  
People are waaaaay to serious about it.

NegativeCreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NegativeCreep
No Caption Provided
esotericus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By esotericus

I usually don't mind, especially since they tend to be somewhat predictable anyway. I'll admit, though, that I was totally unprepared for the ending of Assassin's Creed II, and I'm so happy no one messed that up for me.  I did accidentally find out the ending to God of War III, though, and all I could think was, "Again?"

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By btman

i get super pissed off.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#44  Edited By Icemael

People get hurt.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By luce
@creamypies said:
" I shit my pants. "
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iam3green

i enjoy hearing them but try to forget. sometimes i enjoy hearing/ reading spoilers to games. i looked up heavy rain ending just to know who it was.

diggylee1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By diggylee1

I find it strange because i'm the type of gamer who enjoys spoilers but i'm not the type of person to go and give anything away. I try to keep up with the gaming industry as much as I can so I have grown to except spoilers at one point or another. That said most of todays gaming ads tend to give away the best parts of games anyways, Modern Warfare 2 was a great example. Sure the ads take the best parts of the games out of context but it still spoils the game for hype. Not all game ads do that but with most triple A titles it's the norm and getting upset at a spoiler is almost pointless for me anymore.
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By luce

By the way, Darth Vaders a lady

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By zeforgotten

Nothing, I just keep playing the game or watching the tv show/movie. 
As I've said before, Little Mr. Shitforbrains jr. cannot do the journey justice, and for me that's what it's all about. 
The journey