What is the GB staff doing with their time?

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Carryboy

To be honest im only really interested at this point in watching something with vinny,drew,dave or jeff anyone else i avoid, that's the problem with a website built around personalities when you don't like the personalities.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By kmdrkul

These are people who get paid to be around video games all day. You're seriously questioning what they are doing with their time?

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By mrpandaman

You know who would be good people to ask what the GB crew did with their time?

The interns you could probably ask. Outside of the main crew, they know more about what they did and what it took to be working on the site.

@Brodehouse

And this is why Jeff wants to bring on another person. He's said, I believe on Jar Time he wants someone who could be on camera and have the enthusiasm while still being knowledgeable about video games, especially in games that the GB crew are not. Jeff has stated they need at least 1 or 2 people.

Some people here think that this small crew is enough, but people still complain about certain GB crew members. The crew certainly got a boost when Patrick came on even though so many people bitch and moan about him. He was a fresh asset as he was an extra person who is pretty knowledgeable about certain games, has different interests and viewpoint from the rest of the crew. The more people they have the more games they can ostensibly quick look and the wider range of games they can quick look. It also appeals to a larger crowd.

GB is roughly putting out the same amount of content this year as opposed to last year. They have the same size crew not counting interns. Put it together and I think we can surmise that they just don't have enough people for GB, in general, to cover all the games and tidbits it should and wants to cover. Their goal is not to say small, but to expand while still maintaining the personality of the site. It seems with the way things are, they can maintain personality, but they just won't expand.

I don't like to call people lazy until I know what they're doing all the time. Calling the GB crew lazy or whatever, to me, isn't right when you haven't worked there. We don't know the circumstances.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Brodehouse,

I think you guys have summed things up perfectly. I'm not throwing my opinion behind whether it's enthusiasm, business structure, or anything else for that matter, but "disappointment" is definitely what I'm feeling. I can cite exactly where this is coming from too. (For some reason I can't get the embed to work, but the link should suffice. Please watch, anyone, if you've never watched the video.)

http://www.giantbomb.com/game-of-the-year-2010-day-01-recap/17-3632/

This set of GOTY video are not only incredibly produced; but I truly felt they were inspiring. Maybe that sounds weird since it's a video on a video game website, but between the design aesthetic, the creativity, the production value, and the absolutely radiating personality coming off these videos, I felt like Giant Bomb had transported me into a world where video games were a truly great and fully appreciated medium, deserving of all the time and praise our society offers something like movies for instance. This was truly "next generation" content, head-and-shoulders, hell, a fully body, above anything any other video game website had ever created before (Better than anything I'd seen produced on the web as a whole). Whatever cynicism I might have had about the industry or about video game journalism was entirely washed away because I felt like there was a powerful force on that web that truly "got it."

Fast forward to today and the question, "What is the Giant Bomb staff doing with their time?" Don't get me wrong, I understand that the production for something like my cited video must have been truly insane and time consuming, and I don't expect to be inspired every time I watch a video. But I do believe that the guys at Giant Bomb are capable of being inspiring, of continuing to push the coverage of video games to a new level, or at least, of maintaining standards higher than any other gaming site out there. Top that off with the great personalities on this site, and I think there is every reason to believe Giant Bomb is the premiere place to spend your time on the web. It's why I'm willing to give them money to keep doing it.

But while I continue to enjoy the antics and personalities here at Giant Bomb, the quality and quantity of their content has dropped; less production, fewer quick looks, less video content in general. Maybe the stream of content meets your needs or meets the time you offer to the site, but that really isn't the point. The point, is that Giant Bomb has shown themselves a vastly more capable site and group of personalities than they are putting forth right now, and I'd like to understand why.

I've found myself wandering the web a bit as of late in my free time looking for another site to take some of my interest, but I'm fairly well convinced there isn't anything or anyone else out there that can do it like Giant Bomb. But if Giant Bomb isn't pushing themselves to the high standards that they themselves have set, who else will?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By Turambar
@KrypticKiller said:

Just stop. Stop making excuses for them. This topic has come up too much for something not to be done. I personally don't care as I don't sub. I don't sub because the content is not there. If you visit this site two or three times a month you can blow through most content within a few hours. (Excluding podcast) It is what it is..

Or we actually know how time consuming content creation of any kind takes, and have made value judgements on a subscription to this site compared to other things we spend 5 dollars on and have deemed it more than worth it.  If you believe a McDonalds happy meal is worth more than 15 hours of premium content a month, you are a fool.
mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By mekon

@gunslingerNZ said:

I have to agree with this sentiment, the quality and quantity of content has gone down since the buyout and the opposite should be true. I still enjoy what's being put out there but I feel like there must be something in the new setup that's causing this.

Hopefully it's only a temporary problem but it's been long enough since the transition that I would have thought those issues could have been sorted out by now...

@mekon said:

First off they have to research stuff. For a QL they have to schedule Vinny or Drew, install the game, sometimes I'd guess it takes more time beyond that to get it to some sort of useful menu screen and create a character. That eats time.

Oh man you're totally right, they have to install the game and create a character, that takes HOURS. No wonder I never get any real gameplay done!

Think it through a bit more clearly. They also have to manage what's on their consoles, if they delete a game from their console and then have to reinstall it to play through an expansion pack... well if it takes 20 - 30 minutes then that's time the business won't get back. Having people on contract is generally the most expensive day-to-day operating cost for a business. If they're honest and manage to complete most of the games they started as well, then that combined is a huge drain on resources.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brodehouse: It's kind of scary when you think about where Giant Bomb stands right now thinking of where to go from here. It's a different type of video game website that is still on some level beholden to the Old video game website mentality and way of doing business, yet without it's audience and it's personal appeal the whole thing just falls apart. I really don't want (and I'm sure a lot of people don't) Giant Bomb to start having a bunch of faceless employees or a bunch of unappealing people on the staff, but that has to be where it goes, right? It's almost inevitable that becoming Just Another Video Game Site is this whole thing will end up. Jeff seems oddly determined to staff up, but who could you add outside of a few very specific people? And how could you add them without straight up admitting that it's in lieu of more traditional Jeff/Ryan/Brad/Vinny content and not in addition to?  

Giant Bomb's success is all about the people within it. Nothing more, nothing less. Few other people and few other combinations of people could've made this site work the way that it did. They've either gotten older and gone soft or are simply prioritizing expansion of the site and the revenue rather than focusing on the sort of thing that made them popular in the first place, and I'd hate to think that either is true. Trying to make this a "serious" or "normal" video game coverage site is officially Missing The Point.

Besides, outside of Kessler, Steve, or Rorie, who could this community even swallow at this point? At least Patrick was a known figure and had some grassroots appeal. He fits in reasonably well, but some in the community are still even working through acceptance on that. I fear this community couldn't even handle adding two new unknowns on camera, and that's not even getting to the effects that'd have on the podcast. Quite contrary to "bigger and better," these are pretty uncertain times for Giant Bomb and a bumpy road going forward. And in the meantime we've had no reassurance of anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BrockNRolla: I can sort of see a vision of a future where Giant Bomb basically becomes the Saturday Night Live of video game coverage, because when you think about it, the fundamentals of Giant Bomb or your average YouTube LPer aren't that different. Giant Bomb is just better at it and have much higher production values behind them. So the notion of them becoming some sort of video game SNL has a certain amount of logic to it; picking up people from the grassroots video game coverage scene on the internet and seeing how they shape up in a more refined environment of what is basically the same skillset, with the community as their judge. It keeps Giant Bomb different with a distinct identity while still allowing them to do basically everything they still do today. 

It would be better, at least, than slowly turning the site into a more sober and slow paced version of itself that more resembles Destructoid or Gamespot than it does Giant Bomb circa 2009-2010. Making GB bigger and more "serious" just completely conflicts with everything the site has been about.
SocietySays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By SocietySays

@Turambar said:

@KrypticKiller said:

Just stop. Stop making excuses for them. This topic has come up too much for something not to be done. I personally don't care as I don't sub. I don't sub because the content is not there. If you visit this site two or three times a month you can blow through most content within a few hours. (Excluding podcast) It is what it is..

Or we actually know how time consuming content creation of any kind takes, and have made value judgements on a subscription to this site compared to other things we spend 5 dollars on and have deemed it more than worth it. If you believe a McDonalds happy meal is worth more than 15 hours of premium content a month, you are a fool.

Are you forgetting about the toy? That alone makes the Happy meal worth it.

We live in a world with Youtube. People don't care or know what super clean editing is. The content they want is not easy but not extremely time consuming to cut and throw up onto the site. It seems to me people just want information on what the guys are up to. Is that a bit creepy? Yes. But this site has built itself around personalities so I guess it makes sense. Personally I get the vibe people just want something like an I Phone video or a daily blog. Shit like that would fill the gap between more "professional" content and keep everyone happy.

As for people who sub. They have even more reason to be upset if they feel they are not getting enough content. $5 is not a lot sure, but it's still $5. I'm not hurting for money yet I still know and get bummed out if I lose five bucks. At the end of the day though all we as fans can do is ask. If you do not get the answers you want, leave. That is the best way to get the attention of any business.

I said it before and I will say it again. I come on every once in a while and take a few hours out of my day to catch up on the funny shit these guys are doing/ saying. I'm happy with the site and have gotten comfortable with the way it operates. Do I think they could do more? Yes. Will they? You never know..

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#160  Edited By droop

It's summer. And there haven't been a lot of interesting games, I guess.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#161  Edited By Sayishere

I want more content, the cool transition effects are cool (as shown in TNT) but i want more stuff.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#163  Edited By EuanDewar

Jackin it

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By mekon

@dudeglove: Cocaine's a helluva drug!

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#165  Edited By OneManX

Eh. Dog Days. Brad is on vacation, Patrick is out, it sounds like Jeff has some business to attend to. Ryan is gonna be getting married sometime soon and Vinny just had a kid. There just isn't much out, you have Vinny picking up crazy side hobbies and messing around with new equipment on TNT.

With the site getting a new look, I can see them just pulling back to that change is easy, as well as future plans for BLLSL Vol. 3.

Impossibilium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Impossibilium

@Marokai said:

@Brodehouse:
Giant Bomb's success is all about the people within it. Nothing more, nothing less. Few other people and few other combinations of people could've made this site work the way that it did. They've either gotten older and gone soft or are simply prioritizing expansion of the site and the revenue rather than focusing on the sort of thing that made them popular in the first place, and I'd hate to think that either is true. Trying to make this a "serious" or "normal" video game coverage site is officially Missing The Point.

Exactly. This whole site was borne on the idea of a few people doing fun stuff with video games. Now most of that personalized anarchy is locked behind a pay wall and the result is just another video game site without that. A stream of news and PR videos found elsewhere.

I rarely visit the site now because I know the content outside of the pay wall is just generic news. When the site was pumping out weird rap videos and TANG and Jeff and Ryan were updating with crazy posts and blog entries I was visiting multiple times a day.

I'm not going to subscribe for the very essence that made this site what it was, and had people like me spreading the word about just how much fun those things were when it was forming. Especially now they are part of CBS. They have more finanacial security, yet every week more content is being locked away.

Even fucking Points-style banter. Which Jeff used to do for fun on his blog and on his Gamespot profile page.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#167  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I know for a fact that it takes the entire staff an average of 18 hours to film one quick look.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By laserbolts

Well clearly they need to be more efficient then. I find that hard to believe.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By RazielCuts

@Sweep said:

I know for a fact that it takes the entire staff an average of 18 hours to film one quick look.

Dude nah buddy, you're kind of sounding a bit naive there. Putting these guys on a pedestal saying they do more work than is true. 18 hours is 2 full working days straight.

Get everything ready, levels etc, everything in place, what half an hour? If that. Then you record/capture the footage, put the bumper on the front, bring it into final cut, line it all up, render it out, done. Unless you're taking the render time into account that's not really work 'they're' doing, and if you're talking about the hours they put in before to get a feel of the game before they shoot? That's not part of the output process either, it's a factor but I think that's just a given they should play the game a bit before doing a QL.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#170  Edited By Baillie

@RazielCuts said:

@Sweep said:

Dude nah buddy, you're kind of sounding a bit naive there. Putting these guys on a pedestal saying they do more work than is true. 18 hours is 2 full working days straight.

Get everything ready, levels etc, everything in place, what half an hour? If that. Then you record/capture the footage, put the bumper on the front, bring it into final cut, line it all up, render it out, done. Unless you're taking the render time into account that's not really work 'they're' doing, and if you're talking about the hours they put in before to get a feel of the game before they shoot? That's not part of the output process either, it's a factor but I think that's just a given they should play the game a bit before doing a QL.

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm, heh.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#171  Edited By Bocam

@Baillie said:

@RazielCuts said:

@Sweep said:

I hope it was

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By mnzy
@Anwar said:

@mnzy said:

Something that's not mentioned enough here: playing games. I guess people forget it, because it's their hobby, but it's these guys jobs. Jeff put what into PSO2 now? 70 hours? A review takes atleast 10 hours just to play for a short game, up to maybe 80 for bigger ones. That's not really all in their spare time, you know. They recently hit 500 reviews, more than 100 every year. It comes down to about 2-3 a week. That's where their time goes. Jeff is actually quite impressive, he wrote over 200 of those reviews. I sometimes wonder a little bit about Brad, because he's not doing news or podcasts, but I think he plays the most time consuming games usually.

Not really, you can't just act like this is what is happening if that's not the case at all. They don't review a lot of games. They pick and choose. And when they play a game to completion which is kind of recent they review it. Brad's review of Asura's Wrath was late and that is not, because they got the review copy late. He just played it after a while and reviewed as well. I would hope that they try to get reviews done before the game comes out or very closely to that release which is what Jeff mentioned a couple of times.

What does timeliness have to do with it? They did do 500 reviews in 4 years, or 2-3 a week. That's a lot of time that just goes into playing the games they review.
RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By RazielCuts

@Bocam said:

@Baillie said:

@RazielCuts said:

@Sweep said:

I hope it was

Well to be honest I just thought it was one of the mod's blindly coming to the defence of GB...

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By glyn

@laserbolts said:

Well clearly they need to be more efficient then. I find that hard to believe.
The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#175  Edited By The_Nubster

@Marokai: You make it sound like Jeff wants to hire everyone around, when that isn't the case. He said he'd like to add two or three more people, and even he himself had reservations about it due to the skills that are required to fit in to the type of coverage that they do. He wouldn't just hand out jobs to anyone who applied.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#176  Edited By citizenkane

@MattyFTM said:

@ZeForgotten said:

everyone have drinking problems thanks to the Mods, I hear.

You've got that the wrong way round. The mods have drinking problems thanks to everyone.

I have had a drinking problem for a long time. It just escalated in 2008.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#177  Edited By Milkman
@EuanDewar
Jackin it
That would explain why Brad is always so sleepy.
ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#178  Edited By ManMadeGod

@Impossibilium said:

@Marokai said:

@Brodehouse:

Exactly. This whole site was borne on the idea of a few people doing fun stuff with video games. Now most of that personalized anarchy is locked behind a pay wall and the result is just another video game site without that. A stream of news and PR videos found elsewhere.

I rarely visit the site now because I know the content outside of the pay wall is just generic news. When the site was pumping out weird rap videos and TANG and Jeff and Ryan were updating with crazy posts and blog entries I was visiting multiple times a day.

I'm not going to subscribe for the very essence that made this site what it was, and had people like me spreading the word about just how much fun those things were when it was forming. Especially now they are part of CBS. They have more finanacial security, yet every week more content is being locked away.

Even fucking Points-style banter. Which Jeff used to do for fun on his blog and on his Gamespot profile page.

I agree. The subscription has created this entire class of entitled users who bitch non-stop about how they want content. Users use to make topics all the time about how they wanted to donate and "support" GB, so the staff made the subscription in response to that (from what I gather). The idea was to give something back and not just take money from fans. So people who signed up got HD videos and a mobile site. But they want more and more and more. Now Jeff's points reports....errrr... Jar videos are premium. Dumb.

It hurts the site from growing and attracting new users who are only going to see quick looks. You know who else does quick looks? About 1,000 people on youtube. And they get a ton of views. In some odd way I feel like the fans are really hurting this site by pushing for unique content to become premium. Behind the scenes stuff is one thing, flight crew and archived TNT is another.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#179  Edited By JasonR86

Well...it is summer. So there's not a lot of new content that would make for good video. Putting just anything up would not necessarily equate to quality content. BUT, I think the team need to think of new shows for video content besides the occasional premium-only video content (like Breaking Brad). Maybe look at older games or games that were overlooked. Just something. The reality is that despite the amount of games coming out they still have a website to run and fans to keep and attract.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By VoshiNova

I think I remember posting in this thread....

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By JasonR86

@VoshiNova said:

I think I remember posting in this thread....

Been drinking heavily recently?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#182  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@RazielCuts said:

@Bocam said:

@Baillie said:

@RazielCuts said:

@Sweep said:

I hope it was

Well to be honest I just thought it was one of the mod's blindly coming to the defence of GB...

Heheh. The last time one of these threads cropped up I made some stupid comment about how recording quick looks took loads of time and everyone went absolutely mental.

Mods make the best trolls: Confirmed.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By TruthTellah

@Sweep: heh. I don't think anyone would challenge you as the top troll at Giant Bomb. As evidenced once again here, your position and disposition nearly make you a super hero of getting people's goat.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By JasonR86

@SoothsayerGB said:

They are out living their lives. Now why don't you go get one. Living vicariously through the Giant Bomb crew is a bad road to take bro!

Whatever. I just want more videos. I pay. I deserve it! It's not that hard to steam video and record.

You sound like a spoiled brat. Leave that excess baggage at the door. The Bomb crew does plenty. You play with it to much, it gets sore.

Maybe for you... But I blast through those few weekly videos in no time.

Thats your problem! This isn't a TV channel. Try out Youtube.

No way! Youtube is to mainstream now. I got better things to do...

You know, you could contribute. Instead of whining.

That makes NO sense. I'm not an intern.

No you idiot. Organize something with the community. Like a contest, guild, video game stuff... All you do if stop by the forums, post a few random thoughts and bitch. Try being constructive.

NO! I pay them! THAT THERE JO b!!!1

Look... I'm not gonna sit here all day. I got ice cream to eat. You want some? Gonna play some steam sale games too.

Yeah... I guess so. What kind?

Does it matter? Its Ice cream and Steam games.

Oh alright... Don't bro me bro.

No Caption Provided

I wish I could use "hey man I'm just living my life!" when I stop performing well at my job.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Bocam
@Sweep Hamburgers make the best trolls
baconbutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By baconbutty

I think after whiskey closed, they lost way more resources than we realise.

It feels to me like GB is spread too thinly right now.

Im not blindly defending them. Quite the opposite.

I hope a member of the GBcrew is reading this thread. Because i want to tell you that i think Giantbomb was amazing, but recently it has been disappointing.

I can't wait for you to sort everything out and get back on top again.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By gunslingerNZ

@mekon said:

@gunslingerNZ said:

I have to agree with this sentiment, the quality and quantity of content has gone down since the buyout and the opposite should be true. I still enjoy what's being put out there but I feel like there must be something in the new setup that's causing this.

Hopefully it's only a temporary problem but it's been long enough since the transition that I would have thought those issues could have been sorted out by now...

@mekon said:

First off they have to research stuff. For a QL they have to schedule Vinny or Drew, install the game, sometimes I'd guess it takes more time beyond that to get it to some sort of useful menu screen and create a character. That eats time.

Oh man you're totally right, they have to install the game and create a character, that takes HOURS. No wonder I never get any real gameplay done!

Think it through a bit more clearly. They also have to manage what's on their consoles, if they delete a game from their console and then have to reinstall it to play through an expansion pack... well if it takes 20 - 30 minutes then that's time the business won't get back. Having people on contract is generally the most expensive day-to-day operating cost for a business. If they're honest and manage to complete most of the games they started as well, then that combined is a huge drain on resources.

If I'm running a business and my employee spends 20-30 minutes watching the progress bar as a download takes place I'm firing his ass, I don't think you quite thought that through properly... Also what the fuck does the salary cost to CBSi have to do with the output of these guys, ramble on rambling man.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#189  Edited By GreggD

@gunslingerNZ said:

@mekon said:

@gunslingerNZ said:

@mekon said:

If I'm running a business and my employee spends 20-30 minutes watching the progress bar as a download takes place I'm firing his ass, I don't think you quite thought that through properly... Also what the fuck does the salary cost to CBSi have to do with the output of these guys, ramble on rambling man.

The right response.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#190  Edited By lightsoda

@GreggD said:

@gunslingerNZ said:

@mekon said:

@gunslingerNZ said:

@mekon said:

The right response.

Maybe. It's not going to help put the content up any faster.

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By mekon

@gunslingerNZ: At no point did I imply they were watching a progress bar. If they did, then it would be questionable, but read again what I said, they have to think about scheduling, installation and other stuff that doesn't actually involve recording the video itself.

GeneralDAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#192  Edited By GeneralDAS

@MattyFTM: I agree with most of the points except the Quick Looks. I've watched enough Quick Looks to know that the most I've seen don't seem to show a significant amount of preparation. You have a handful where they straight up say "We are going in cold". Then there's others where they are mostly making assumptions (which a lot of times don't turn out to be correct) about content, and others where they don't even know the price of the game. Now, I don't really care most of the time, but in fairness, I don't believe a significant portion of their time is specifically devoted to Quick Look preparation.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#193  Edited By Pie

@GeneralDAS said:

@MattyFTM: I agree with most of the points except the Quick Looks. I've watched enough Quick Looks to know that the most I've seen don't seem to show a significant amount of preparation. You have a handful where they straight up say "We are going in cold". Then there's others where they are mostly making assumptions (which a lot of times don't turn out to be correct) about content, and others where they don't even know the price of the game. Now, I don't really care most of the time, but in fairness, I don't believe a significant portion of their time is specifically devoted to Quick Look preparation.

Direct quote from "The counter to his point is that I know some quick looks don't have a lot of preparation, but plenty of others do. I didn't say that all quick looks take tons of preparation."

Ollienaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Ollienaut

Didnt everyone hear the news its not just brad leaving... its everyone

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By gunslingerNZ

@mekon said:

if they delete a game from their console and then have to reinstall it to play through an expansion pack... well if it takes 20 - 30 minutes then that's time the business won't get back.

You implied right there that they are, or that they only have one 360/PS3 to serve the whole office, both of which are ridiculous scenarios. Why else would time installing the expansion pack be lost time to the business...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BaconBuTTy said:
I think after whiskey closed, they lost way more resources than we realise. It feels to me like GB is spread too thinly right now. Im not blindly defending them. Quite the opposite. I hope a member of the GBcrew is reading this thread. Because i want to tell you that i think Giantbomb was amazing, but recently it has been disappointing. I can't wait for you to sort everything out and get back on top again.
If they lost more resources than we realized, it isn't because we were insensitive and didn't understand their situation well enough, it's because they didn't tell us the full situation and have kept promising us the moon in the meantime, all the while dealing with an apparent plague on their video production that evidently still persists. Which is the root of the problem, lack of real transparency and an up front approach to their community. I get why they do it, but it doesn't make the promises of "bigger and better! more subscriber stuff coming, we swear!" ring any less hollow the more they keep doing it.
Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Grillbar

considering the fact that absolutely nothing is coming out and has not really for quite some time, there is just so much they can do without making it pointless or redundant. im pretty happy with the amount i get. there has to be a valley for every peak. i mean just look at the E3 podcast for every year its alot of content and December is also bad shit insane considering how many of the days that are actually vacation. and ofc they have not produced as much content pr. week since they moved to CBS as before but they still need to get everything set up and tear down those walls they talked about some time ago.

but why is the summer not a valid reason. there is really nothing coming out other then mostly some obscure indie games that might not need the coverage, considering how much time and energy they need to put in to it vs the value of the content.

having said all this i could use another season of WU TANG (wonderful universe of this aint no game) granted there still is not that much to cover but still.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, the "no games" excuse needs to fucking disappear.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By jerseyscum

Apparently buying fucking hummingbird feeding masks, Ham Radio operation or attempting to fix up old busted arcade cabinets.

Seriously Ryan.....hummingbird feeding masks? Is this some kind of cry for help?

(And vacationing in North Korea. I wonder if Drew's got plans on heading to Somalia, Pakistan or Syria over the Christmas break.)

It's the post E3 lull, but I'd love to see some Random PC Game or other subscriber goodies. Patrick is also really killing it with his articles lately, he's seriously turned into a damn good writer. Love his contributions.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By NekuCTR

There are no games coming out to Quicklook, very little news is going on, and half the subscriber videos include Dave who is currently rebuilding the website from the ground up. Expect a return to normalcy sometime next year.