• 87 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by gaymur (5 posts) -

I would say CoD: BO 2, but that would be way too obvious. It looks fun in its own ridiculous way and it's refreshing to see Treyarch to do something somewhat new with the franchise.

My choice will be Halo 4, for reasons perfectly summed up in this photograph:

The state of the gaming industry people...

#2 Posted by fuzzypumpkin (389 posts) -

Meh, at least 343 is adding some new stuff to the franchise. New enemies at the very least. I would probably go with COD: BO over that. I'm sure they'll both actually be good though.

#3 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Hotline Miami for me already.

But good on you for being so brave and choosing the two most obvious choices.

#4 Posted by gaymur (5 posts) -

@murisan said:

Hotline Miami for me already.

But good on you for being so brave and choosing the two most obvious choices.

Shut yur mouf! Hotline Miami looks amazing.

#5 Posted by MEATBALL (3507 posts) -

That popular game you like is the worst.

Online
#6 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3998 posts) -

... how is Halo 4 possibly being overrated summed up by that photo?

No way to know until the end of the year. I haven't played anything I really didn't think was bad others thought was good. I didn't like Borderlands 2, found it after a few hours just as boring as the first game, but that's my personal taste.

EDIT: I guess actually I might say Mass Effect 3 only because some people may say it's GOTY and I don't know how you could think that given what has come out and what will come out by years end. It's not bad though.

#7 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

New account, one post, no pic, "gaymur"

And of course a baiting topic.

Here is a list of freeware games that you can use to occupy your time instead.

#8 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

As much as I loved Mass Effect 3, I have a feeling when it comes to "Overrated," I would say ME3 and Resident Evil 6.

#9 Posted by gaymur (5 posts) -

@nohthink said:

As much as I loved Mass Effect 3, I have a feeling when it comes to "Overrated," I would say ME3 and Resident Evil 6.

Resident Evil 6 is not rated highly at all. I agree with you on Mass Effect 3, that game is terrible and not just for its ending.

#10 Posted by Bell_End (1203 posts) -

@gaymur said:

@nohthink said:

As much as I loved Mass Effect 3, I have a feeling when it comes to "Overrated," I would say ME3 and Resident Evil 6.

Resident Evil 6 is not rated highly at all. I agree with you on Mass Effect 3, that game is terrible and not just for its ending.

if you think ME3 is 'terrible' then you can only have played 3 games in you life. or you exist in that binary world where all things are eithere WOOO!!!!AMAZINNG!!! or BOOOFUCKI!!!NTERRIBLE.

#11 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

Nobody here is going to agree with me, but The Walking Dead.

#12 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3998 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

@gaymur said:

@nohthink said:

As much as I loved Mass Effect 3, I have a feeling when it comes to "Overrated," I would say ME3 and Resident Evil 6.

Resident Evil 6 is not rated highly at all. I agree with you on Mass Effect 3, that game is terrible and not just for its ending.

if you think ME3 is 'terrible' then you can only have played 3 games in you life. or you exist in that binary world where all things are eithere WOOO!!!!AMAZINNG!!! or BOOOFUCKI!!!NTERRIBLE.

That binary world you describe is called video game forums on the internet.

#13 Posted by hanktherapper (384 posts) -

Every game I haven't played is the most overrated.

#14 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -

@nohthink said:

As much as I loved Mass Effect 3, I have a feeling when it comes to "Overrated," I would say ME3 and Resident Evil 6.

People aren't rating RE6 highly.

Online
#15 Edited by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Halo will never be overrated, because of topics like these. People who enjoy the games will probably love the new one, everyone else will claim it's terrible/incredibly overrated, whether or not they even play it.

And I say this as someone with zero interest in Halo 4.

#16 Posted by solidwolf52 (301 posts) -

Call of Duty. Kids will still get pumped for it no matter what every single year. At least Halo only comes out every 3 or so years.

#17 Posted by natedawg_kz (231 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 by far!

#18 Posted by gaymur (5 posts) -

@solidwolf52 said:

Call of Duty. Kids will still get pumped for it no matter what every single year. At least Halo only comes out every 3 or so years.

Yet every Halo game is identical to one another. I don't care much for Call of Duty myself but it's a godsend compared to Halo.

Both franchises are overrated but Halo beats Call of Duty due to its obnoxious fanbase and the fact that every single Halo game that wasn't a RTS are the same.

#19 Posted by GunGunW (60 posts) -

Call of Duty of course.

#20 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -

@Akeldama said:

Nobody here is going to agree with me, but The Walking Dead.

You're just gonna make so much friends...lol. Frankly I find Walking Dead boring on any medium it's on. Yes it's really about the horror we inflict on each other when faced with survival but I think 28 Days Later summoned it up pretty well.

@gaymur said:

@solidwolf52 said:

Call of Duty. Kids will still get pumped for it no matter what every single year. At least Halo only comes out every 3 or so years.

Yet every Halo game is identical to one another. I don't care much for Call of Duty myself but it's a godsend compared to Halo.

Both franchises are overrated but Halo beats Call of Duty due to its obnoxious fanbase and the fact that every single Halo game that wasn't a RTS are the same.

Lay off the crack. It's not gonna do any good for you.

#21 Posted by VoleMaulder (65 posts) -

I would say AC 3. Just because every game in this series has been overrated up to now, as far as I'm concerned.

#22 Posted by laserbolts (5371 posts) -

Hurr durr guys this game that isn't even out yet will be overrated guys.

#23 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

Hurr durr guys this game that isn't even out yet will be overrated guys.

This guy... this guy has da brainz.

#24 Posted by VoleMaulder (65 posts) -

@laserbolts: Maybe there's people in here from the future. And of course they have nothing better to do in their time travels than to hang around in GB forums posting vital info like this.

#25 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

any game I don't like will be overrated.

#26 Posted by Demoskinos (15181 posts) -

Borderlands 2. Fuck Borderlands 2.

#27 Posted by awesomeusername (4221 posts) -

yo mama

#28 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3998 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Borderlands 2. Fuck Borderlands 2.

I was disappointed. No matter how much they try to hide it with whacky writing, the world's still an MMO type world with re spawning mobs and the quests are still MMO type quests. I appreciated that the enemies were a bit more active for a while but once that wore off I found myself feeling about it the same way I did with the first game: bored.

The only thing I like about it is the loot. They did interesting stuff there and maybe that's enough for a lot of people but it wasn't for me. I wonder if they just like the loot that much more or they really find the quest design and moving through those environments interesting.

I wouldn't say it's bad by any means but I didn't care for it. I think I may be kind of burnt out on loot games though so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

#29 Posted by TheSlothKing (331 posts) -

Borderlands 2 or Dishonored are way to overrated in my opinion.

Online
#30 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

Any game that all my friends get that I don't get so when I join their party on XBL, I have no idea what they're talking about, thus leaving me in the awkward position of having nothing to add to the conversation, leaving me slightly embarrassed. I can't believe that game got so many hypothetical high scores.

#31 Posted by Sterling (2709 posts) -

I would have to say The Last Story. The game just didn't live up to the hype it received in the US. And Honestly don't think the game was as good as everyone said it was.

#32 Posted by gaymur (5 posts) -

@mordukai said:

@Akeldama said:

Nobody here is going to agree with me, but The Walking Dead.

You're just gonna make so much friends...lol. Frankly I find Walking Dead boring on any medium it's on. Yes it's really about the horror we inflict on each other when faced with survival but I think 28 Days Later summoned it up pretty well.

@gaymur said:

@solidwolf52 said:

Call of Duty. Kids will still get pumped for it no matter what every single year. At least Halo only comes out every 3 or so years.

Yet every Halo game is identical to one another. I don't care much for Call of Duty myself but it's a godsend compared to Halo.

Both franchises are overrated but Halo beats Call of Duty due to its obnoxious fanbase and the fact that every single Halo game that wasn't a RTS are the same.

Lay off the crack. It's not gonna do any good for you.

Call of Duty at least has changed a few times over the year. Modern Warfare took the series into a new direction, and Black Ops II is also taking it into a somewhat new direction by setting in the future. I'm not a CoD fan, but it's not as bad as most people exaggerate it. Halo on the other hand, ruined FPS before Call of Duty hit the last nail on the coffin.

#33 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@gaymur: We get it, you made this thread to bash Halo. No one cares.

#34 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3998 posts) -

LOL at people who say the FPS is dead. What the hell are they talking about? There is no coffin. There is no nail. This CoD will probably be the biggest selling videogame of all time and even when CoD is gone the genre will reinvent itself and go on.

And Halo ruined the FPS by making the first good one on consoles... and also changing things up from game to game... and having a ton of innovative multiplayer features. Okay then.

Video game forum posters are so dramatic and live in their own fantasy worlds.

#35 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -

@gaymur: You're really are on drugs aren't you.

#36 Posted by Tobli (149 posts) -

Mass effect 3 is highly rated, and the biggest disappointment of this gen for me. So i'll go with that.

#37 Posted by Ares42 (2800 posts) -

Diablo 3, or possibly Fez. People were talking about Fez like it was a second coming or something.

#38 Posted by me3639 (1855 posts) -

Anything Nintendo will release.

#39 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

I'm going to go take a nap. Those are never overrated.

#41 Edited by CaLe (4056 posts) -

Probably Guild Wars 2.

#42 Posted by frankfartmouth (1018 posts) -

@Akeldama said:

Nobody here is going to agree with me, but The Walking Dead.

I don't personally agree with you, but I can see how that game wouldn't appeal to everyone. It's point and click and the story choices are not going to resonate with everyone. So I kind of agree and disagree, if that makes sense.

#43 Posted by thornie (187 posts) -

Right now...? It's a toss up between Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, and Diablo 3. All good games, but they will undoubtedly considered as "great" games come GOTY time.

#44 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Diablo 3. That game was just a big fat bummer to me.

Online
#45 Posted by Kaiserreich (744 posts) -

Right now I would say Borderlands 2. I can't believe I payed money for that.

#46 Edited by Bane122 (812 posts) -

Dishonored but with the caveat that I've not played the game so take this for what it's worth. I have just not been interested in one thing I've seen or read about that game.

And I can't tell if this thread was started more to bash Halo or try and seem hip and smart by referencing the Eurogamer thing.

#47 Posted by Phatmac (5730 posts) -

Fez, easily. It looks cool and all and the secrets are awesome but I didn't think it was some great revelation. It was far too easy for me to play and beat and by the time I was done I didn't feel like I needed to explore everything. I don't get why most people think it's a great game. It's fine, but I didn't enjoy it as much as other people.

#48 Posted by Rawrz (598 posts) -

@gaymur: You must not have played a lot of Halo, at least multiplayer. since they all have changes to them that affect the dynamics to which the game plays.

#49 Posted by Rasmoss (481 posts) -

Journey. Sure it's pretty but it's not a good game, and I find it's attempt at lyricism a little too fucking precious.

#50 Posted by shivermetimbers (793 posts) -

Farming Simulator 2013