• 181 results
#51 Posted by ViciousReiven (820 posts) -

Been a fan of the Xbox-S and 360 controllers, I like the feel of the buttons when you press them being deeper, I like the trigger design, I like the asymmetrical  sticks, and I LOVE the contour.  

I keep getting the feeling whenever switching back over to a dualshock that the handles are too small, and I don't have relatively big hands, they're rather petite, I dunno, could be some sort of muscle memory thing wanting something to grip more. 

If there were a 'perfect' controller I think it'd take the base model of the 360's, have a SNES d-pad, have dualshock style r1/l1 instead of the clicky rb/lb, and maybe have two extra face buttons(possible akin to the white/black buttons for the original xbox) for more available actions. 

#52 Posted by Sayishere (1839 posts) -

PS2 probably

#53 Posted by rawrsair (819 posts) -

Playstation controller - it's what i'm used to and it feels comfortable

#54 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Xbox 360 controller is excellent.

#55 Edited by mnzy (2912 posts) -

360 (if only the dpad would be better...) and Dreamcast.

#56 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

keyboard and mouse. if that doesn't count, i'd go with xbox 1 s controller.

#57 Posted by Surkov (991 posts) -

Dualshock 3. The triggers don't bother me, but I know many people hate them. 

#58 Posted by chan05 (318 posts) -

To me the Xbox 360 controller is just perfect. It's like they specifically designed it for my hands. I also liked the PS2 controller but when i got the Xbox 360 i realized how bad the PS2 controller actually is.

#59 Posted by ajamafalous (11871 posts) -

Probably 360.

#60 Edited by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

Probably 360.

Same here. I understand "controller" as "gamepad", of course. Otherwise, KB+M.

#61 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -

Anyone here seen the new OnLive Controller? It's a bit like 360 and PS3 hybrid. It has the 360 controller shape and triggers, but also has the PS3's D-pad structure and analog stick placement.

#62 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

Easily 360, even with the kind of shitty d-pad. It just feels the best in my hands.

#63 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Gamecube.

#64 Edited by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -
@Ghostface said:

@SSValis said:

@blitzkriegblizzard said:
Dualshock, this should have been a poll.
that would have taken a lot of time to write out,but yea.
and you couldn't have done the obvious thing and list the ones that were obviously going to be most popular and then put an 'other' option. you fucking twat, what a moron
Nope.  He did the smart thing and leave it as a completely open discussion.  There was no need for a poll for this question unless it was restricted. 

ON TOPIC: My favourite controller of all time will probably be just the 360 controller for now, not all time.  It's comfortable for me, has a lot of different buttons that are used effectively and has triggers that feel responsive enough to suit my tastes.  Also the ability to easily utilize it for any PC game I want with little hassle makes it my current favourite.
#65 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

DualShock 3

#66 Posted by NTM (7286 posts) -

Mouse and Keyboard, PS3 Sixaxis controller, and the Xbox 360 controller. I've been playing games from the Atari to now, and the most recent of them are the best (excluding the Wii-mote).

#67 Posted by swfcfan (264 posts) -

For me the redesigned Saturn controller was the best game pad ever.

The N64 controller was the best for shooters because of the Z-trigger under the analog stick!

Redesigned Sega Saturn controller (3rd party one shown)
N64 Controller (Gold)
#68 Posted by harvey_the_pooka (271 posts) -
This because it resembles a true classic
#69 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Saturn, 360, my MadCatz TE. 

EDIT: Also the PS2 GH2 guitar.

#70 Posted by evilrazer (480 posts) -

360 controller, even though I have PS3 right now.

#71 Posted by jetsetwillie (857 posts) -

360 controller is my fav of all time. use it on my 360 and for my PC which it works great. wish i could use it on my PS3 but the PS3 controller aint so bad

#72 Edited by Devil240Z (3272 posts) -

PS3 controller with xbox sticks and xbox triggers.

ok fuck it im done being a ps3 controller fanboy.

I want a 360 controller with with ps3 face buttons on it. (the x, square, circle and triangle ones those are better than the buttons on 360 also ps3 dpad is better.)

[drunk post]

#73 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

I was thinking about it and I wanted to say something old like the Genesis for nostalgia but as a functioning controller I'd have to say the 360. Thing about controllers is that they're a learning evolving progression, on the whole they don't tend to get worse to use, just better (on the whole).

#74 Posted by Darkraven (171 posts) -

The Duke controler for the original XBOX. i have huge hands :(

#75 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

Dualshock 2. 

#76 Posted by PootieThang (10 posts) -

Dreamcast Controller!

#77 Posted by Jolt92 (1544 posts) -

SNES or Gamecube. But in this gen it's the 360 controller.

#78 Edited by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

360 is a pretty meh ok system, but I'd have to say the controllers are second to none for shooters.  

All around? The PS3 Dualshock
#79 Edited by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

This is the reason I still dual-boot Windows XP. Best force-feedback stick evar, out of production for nearly 10 years. Mine still works like the day I bought it.
#80 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

The 360 controller or the Sega Saturn controller.

#81 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Oddly enough my favorite is the N64 controller and I am probably the only guy in the world that thinks that, but I will admit the Dualshock is probably the "best" controller.

#82 Posted by SSValis (1136 posts) -
@ShiftyMagician said:
@Ghostface said:

@SSValis said:

@blitzkriegblizzard said:
Dualshock, this should have been a poll.
that would have taken a lot of time to write out,but yea.
and you couldn't have done the obvious thing and list the ones that were obviously going to be most popular and then put an 'other' option. you fucking twat, what a moron
Nope.  He did the smart thing and leave it as a completely open discussion.  There was no need for a poll for this question unless it was restricted.  ON TOPIC: My favourite controller of all time will probably be just the 360 controller for now, not all time.  It's comfortable for me, has a lot of different buttons that are used effectively and has triggers that feel responsive enough to suit my tastes.  Also the ability to easily utilize it for any PC game I want with little hassle makes it my current favourite.
a twat? what are you like 90? 

Shiftymagician basically summed it up, it's not a competition.
#83 Posted by memo (421 posts) -

as a kid i liked the genesis controller.

#84 Posted by Smallerz (119 posts) -

The GameCube controller is an ergonomist's wet dream.

#85 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

PlayStation and SNES
don't like the 360 controller doesn't fit perfectly with my hand.

#86 Posted by MrWakka (99 posts) -

In terms of comfort, a tie between the wavebird and 360. In terms of fondness, i liked the dreamcast. It was just uncomfortable to use in a long session.

#87 Posted by Jersey_Jay (19 posts) -

Jaguar Pro controller.

I kid, I kid. But seriously.
#88 Posted by NickBOTT (481 posts) -

PS Dualshock controller followed closely by the SNES controller

#89 Posted by Marokai (2819 posts) -

360 and GameCube controllers are pretty nice.

#90 Posted by redbliss (647 posts) -

The 360 controller. Before that, the huge xbox controller.

#91 Posted by HAMMERCLAW (298 posts) -

The dualshock was the first console controller with the modern configuration. Everything that came before fell into place in the dualshock. The controllers that came afterwards followed in it's footsteps. I prefer the xbox controllers, but there's no denying their lineage.
#92 Posted by Impossibilium (684 posts) -

Atari 2600 joystick

#93 Posted by Axersia (1613 posts) -

DualShock 1 and 2 for me. Adding those shitty triggers was not the right direction to take and I hope they come up with a better solution for the DualShock 4 -- provided they don't completely overhaul the design.

#94 Posted by Mahonay (828 posts) -

360 controller. Just forms perfectly to your hands.

#95 Posted by Herocide (440 posts) -
@Menseguez said:
The GameCube controller. It feels perfect in my hands and I enjoy the button placement. The only problem i have with it is that the dpad is not so good.
This. 
#96 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

360 controller is just the right size.

#97 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

newist tech: the Emotiv http://www.emotiv.com/

easiest to hold xbox.

simplest: original Nintendo controller

cool every once and a while: wiimote.

#98 Posted by falco_eagle (220 posts) -

I have to say I really like the Wii Classic Controller.

#99 Posted by 71Ranchero (2679 posts) -
The only one that matters. 
#100 Posted by FreakAche (2950 posts) -

Terrible D-Pad aside, the 360 controller is probably my favorite.