When will the next playstation be released? -- should i get PS3?

• 53 results
xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By xplodedd

Hey guys,

My 360 just died on me again. -- 4th time now.

I am sick of it, so I have some savings for summer,a nd i was wondering.. is it worth getting a playstation 3 right now? Like if the next one will be released next year then no, its not worth the headache.. like when do you guys think itll be released?

Should I get a PS3 anyways?

please help me out

xplodedd

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

We're in a recession, buy the goddamned PS3, you'll be doing the world a favor. The irony is the quicker you buy a PS3, the quicker we get a new playstation. (Ok well, not you specifically, but the more people spend money the quicker the recession will end and the more companies will product new products again)

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xplodedd
The_A_Drain said:
We're in a recession, buy the goddamned PS3, you'll be doing the world a favor. The irony is the quicker ... [more]
if id live in the U.S you were right, but here in Europe its different. and besides, it is the recession that makes me careful of buying a ps3, i dont want to buy one and have the ps4 come out tomorrow.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Steve_C

It's the recession that's going to delay any consoles coming out if it has any effect at all. It'll be a few years before any news of the 'next gen'.

Wait until after e3 for any news, but the PS3 is a great purchase, particularly if you have the set-up to take advantage of blu-ray.

KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By KingOfIceland

I'd wait to see if that Slim PS3 rumor is true, especially if it has a 120 gb hard drive

EDIT: Here's a story about it

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Ineedaname

They have a 6 year gap between consoles, but to be sure wait till after E3 I imagine if they were to announce it soon it'd be there.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xplodedd

so should i buy one or wait, how long has it been? 3 years??

so i probably should just wait out the 3 years yeah?

KingOfIceland said:
I'd wait to see if that Slim PS3 rumor is true, especially if it has a 120 gb hard driveEDIT: ... [more]

i dont mind if its slim or phat, i just want to know if its worth buying./..
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By kush

Try to post in the correct forum next time (ie. the PS3 forum) and don't bump your thread after its only been up for a few minutes. On topic, I don't believe a new Playstation will be coming out anytime soon. A redesign, such as the rumored PS3 Slim, may be coming soon, but a whole new system is a long ways off. If you really want a PS3 I would just recommend waiting until E3 is over to see if a redesign is true, or if a price drop is coming...based on what happens at E3, I would either wait for the price drop/redesign or just purchase one now.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_A_Drain
xplodedd said:
The_A_Drain said: We're in a recession, buy the goddamned PS3, you'll be doing the world a favor. The irony is ... [more]

Look, it's not going to happen anytime soon dammit, they're still manufacturing PS2s, and about now is just the right time because of the rumoured price drop to be announced at E3.

And last time I checked, the recession effected us here in Europe too.
Arsenal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Arsenal86

I thought that PS3 is going to be around for 10 years until they release the PS4 or something else

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By get2sammyb

There won't be a new Playstation for like 6 or 7 years. Jump on board now. The library is already pretty large. You have some catching up to do sir.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Drebin_893

That's some subtle trolling.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By penguindust

The next Playstation won't be out before 2012.  The next Playstation 3 redesign may be out before summer's end.  If the rumors of the PS3Slim are true, then as soon as the current stock of PS3s sell out, those new consoles will probably hit the market.  If Sony does the same thing they did last time, they'll put the current models on sale, call it a price reduction, and move some product for a couple of months.  If you are tired of red rings, and I am sorry you've had so much trouble with your 360, you should try a PS3.  I still believe you might want to reconsider giving up on your 360 though.  Perhaps you could use your new PS3 as your primary platform, and a repaired 360 for just Xbox exclusives.  There are a ton of good games on both consoles, so if you already have the 360, try and see if you can swing owning both.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xplodedd
Drebin_893 said:
That's some subtle trolling.
i live in Israel, both consoles are expensive here, i dont want to waste my money on a playstation 3, if a new one is coming tomorrow...

but yeah i think you guys answered my questions...
PenguinDust said:
The next Playstation won't be out before 2012.  The next Playstation 3 redesign may be out before summer's end.  If ... [more]
you are right, but i am just so sick of breaking xboxs and its a hassle to get the fixed here,

so yeah...

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CharlieTuna

I'd wait until after E3, might be a price cut, might be a redesign. The PS4 wont be out until AT LEAST 2012, they're just getting close to making money on the damn thing.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xplodedd
CharlieTuna said:
I'd wait until after E3, might be a price cut, might be a redesign. The PS4 wont be out until ... [more]
so if i buy right now, itl have at least 3 years of life?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By get2sammyb
xplodedd said:
CharlieTuna said: I'd wait until after E3, might be a price cut, might be a redesign. The PS4 wont be ... [more]
I think you'll have more than that to be honest, mate. The PS3 has so much life left in it yet. With firmware updates and Blu-Ray, I can see it outliving it's 10 year life cycle, which would see it still relevant in 2016 or so. Sony built the Playstation 3 to last, and if there one thing you can say about the PS3 it is that it will last. The Blu-Ray Drive, interchangeable hard-drive, firmware updates, etc. were all included in mind of keeping the system relevant for a long time.

I think you'll still see Playstation 3's around for another 6 or 7 years to be honest with you. In my opinion, this generation will be the longest yet.
Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Otacon

This Generation will last much longer than we have come to expect, I wrote a blog on my thoughts if you're interested. A PS3 is still worth a purchase.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tekmojo

It's time to move out from under that rock.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jNerd
xplodedd said:
Hey guys,My 360 just died on me again. -- 4th time now.I am sick of it, so I have some ... [more]
TBH I've been wondering the same question. I've been thinking about buying a PS3 in July but I don't want to get it if the Slim is around the corner.
But I don't think the Slim is coming out anytime soon. It won't come out until Fall 09 @ the earliest because Sony wants to sell some of the old units before putting more on store shelves.
Plus I'm sure the Slim is going to cost more or sacrifice something like hdd size or built-in wifi or something.....
I think in writing this response to you I've convinced myself (lol) I'm going to buy mine now because I don't want to wait forever..... Plus MGS4 is a Greatest Hit now, lol.
Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chirag4
@tekmojo: 
tekmojo said:
It's time to move out from under that rock.
hmmmmmm
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tekmojo

^^ wut

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By maxszy

As Kush said, the PS3 Slim redesign is the only thing that may be coming out any time soon.

I would say there there's no chance the next PS is coming out any time soon. Not in the next year or so. They've got to come through with "amazing" new technology for the next gaming consoles. Not just prettier graphics, those already look so good. (Potentially)

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#25  Edited By TobyD81

If you're concerned about the PS3 being "worth it," yes, it is. But I would went until the end of this week to pull out the credit card. If Sony is going to say anything about a price drop or a new hardware version, it'll be in the next few days.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Does it have the games for you?
Do you prefer games such as Halo or Gears
or do you prefer games like Uncharted or Infamous?
It depends on what type of games you want, I'd personally get both.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By trophyhunter

if you mean the ps4 then realistically like 7 seven years

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pause422

Oh god, don't ever think if you're interested in a console right now that holding back because the next generation is around the corner is the right move. With any luck the next Xbox's and Playstations will be a good 2 years off still. If you want a PS3 for some games, then just get one...don't worry yourself about the next one thats coming out yet.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_A_Drain

My eyes....

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Stang
Staff said:
Has been deleted..
And this is some not-so-subtle trolling :p
xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xplodedd
pause422 said:
Oh god, don't ever think if you're interested in a console right now that holding back because the next generation ... [more]
the issue is that i dont want to buy a console and have the next console roll around, making mine outddated, though i payed full price.. u get it?
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By killdave

If Sony made a new Playstation anytime soon they would become the next Sega ..

It would be an epic fail for them. Just wait and get the PS3 slim. Or depending on how many xbox games you have, get a new xbox on the cheap.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tekmojo

Do you even know what a PS3 is?

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xplodedd
tekmojo said:
Do you even know what a PS3 is?
no, actually. no i ddont, while we at it, can you explain what it is?
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I don't expect Sony to release a PS4 until 2012, so I'm confidently picking up a PS3 this month. Anyways, as we've seen with the previous Playstations, they have some pretty long lasting lifespans. One of the more notable releases of 2008, Persona 4, was released 8 years into the PS2s lifespan.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By TheJollyRajah

The PS4 is a LOOOOONG way off.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By dsplayer1010

You've got time, Go for it.

EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EvolutionX0

there wont be a ps3 for at least a few years to come. buy it if you really want it or your sick of it failing on you. but i wouldnt throw the 360 entierly just yet. 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By Video_Game_King

Given that the PS3 came out in 2006, I'd say the next one will be unveiled in 2010, released in late 2012. As for the current one, I can't make your purchasing decisions for you. There are a few good games for it, but personally, I don't want one yet. I'll most likely wait for FF13, even though I already own a 360.

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DECA555
@xplodedd: If the PS2 is still kicking over 10 years later, i think its safe to say the PS4 wont be coming any time soon. Sony is planning for the PS3 to last over a decade. Buy it now. 
Arsenal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Arsenal86

I would also like to say that im a 360 owner and i would recommend u buy a PS3 as the games coming out for it look great such a mag but also try to keep the 360 as it still the best console

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DECA555
@Arsenal86: notice how he said he had his 4th 360 die on him? does that sound like the best console out there to you? 
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By keyhunter

10 year console cycle, guys!

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Babble
DECA555 said:
@Arsenal86: notice how he said he had his 4th 360 die on him? does that sound like the best console ... [more]
Well if you base 'best console' only on hardware reliablity then I guess the 360 isn't the 'best console'. But there are other factors. As for the OP, yeah the PS3 has plenty more life in it. Just wait until E3 for any announcements.
FinalBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#45  Edited By FinalBoss

I say get it now. I really don't see the next Playstation coming out in the next two years so nows a great time. Theres also a lot of great exclusive games, and some have gone down in price because they are Greatest Hits. However I would wait until E3 next week because they might anounce a price drop or a slime modle as rumored.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xplodedd
DECA555 said:
@xplodedd: If the PS2 is still kicking over 10 years later, i think its safe to say the PS4 wont ... [more]
yeah lol, i still have a PS2...

is it worth getting if i dont have an HD tv?
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Everyone is saying a 10 year cycle, but I think 10 years is a bit too long. On the other hand, 6 years is short.

I think this cycle will be 7 years long.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Absurd
xplodedd said:
CharlieTuna said: I'd wait until after E3, might be a price cut, might be a redesign. The PS4 wont be ... [more]
I think you'd have that, and a little more (or a lot)
DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DECA555
@xplodedd: I got my HD TV this past summer and ive had my ps3 since launch. Yes i think it is worth it, but you need to get an HD TV asap. Make that your next major purchase after the PS3. 
xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By xplodedd
DECA555 said:
@xplodedd: I got my HD TV this past summer and ive had my ps3 since launch. Yes i think it ... [more]
well yeah i guess, but that would be a while.