Will Vinny and Jeff finish Persona 4 via the endurance run?

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lashe

I'd absolutely love it if  they did but I'm not sure; will it be fun to watch if there's a gameplay grind at any point? Micromanagement? I'm not exactly sure what the rest of the game entails but do you think it will dwindle before the end?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Fo' sho homie g dog.

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Crono11

I sure hope that they do. I'm really loving watching them go through it. Even if the game gets boring at some point I'm sure Vinny and Jeff will keep it interesting.

supercubedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By supercubedude

I hope so, but dear lord, they'd be making videos for years to come.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By JoelTGM

How many hours does that game take to complete?

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Pepsiman

I think I calculated a while back that should they not run into any serious roadblocks (ie: not be incompetent at times like I was during the game), it would still take them roughly until February of next year at the rate they're going, so while I applaud the endeavor, I have my doubts that the saga will actually be finished. If they should, however, and somebody reminds me, then I'll pull an Alex Navarro and eat my own words by enduring some sort of punishment.

Edit: For those who need a bit of context....

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By jlrm01

I would love to see them complete it. There are so many sections of the game where I would love to hear their reactions / comments. But, I'm afraid 60+ (or whatever it is) hours may be too much. I really want to be proven wrong!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

I haven't been watching the endurance run, because I don't really care about Persona 4...but I think someone on the boards has already beaten twice.  Can't remember who it is.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Pepsiman
jakob187 said:
"I haven't been watching the endurance run, because I don't really care about Persona 4...but I think someone on the boards has already beaten twice.  Can't remember who it is."
That would be moi, good sir.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JoelTGM

wow 60+ hours?  dang.  well if they enjoy it, then why shouldn't they finish it.  It'll just take a while, obviously.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187

That video brings back good ol' memories...lol.  Eckburg packs a wallop!!!

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lashe

Do you think a kind of highlight system would work better as it got more gameplay heavy?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By fr0br0

I doubt they will finish. But I will cherish every minute they play until they call it quits...

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By GTCknight

Man, I hope they do finish it. How else or we gonna hear the Junes theme. ("Everyday is great at your Junes")

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jayge_

If they bump up the daily time to like ~30 minutes and stay dedicated then I think they'll do it. They'll probably have to miss a few days here and there and they may have to drop it at a few points, but I have faith.

MrNood1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrNood1e

I hope they do. It's been fun watching it.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kohe321

I have a feeling they will. They seem to have a fun time doing it, and the videos are awesome.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zitosilva

I doubt that they will. Unless they edit the hell out of it, they haven't even started the dungeons properly. It's ludicrous to assume they'll never die in a dungeon, and if that happens it's game over. As I said, they could edit it, but I guess the point of the endurance run are mostly the jokes, and it'll be weird to redo then. if they just keep going, even after dying, it'll take a long long time. Time enough for Persona 5 to show up I guess.

Also, now thinking more about it, so far I guess people have been liking the videos because of the jokes made upon the dialogues and scenes... but I guess that watching consecutive hours of dungeon exploration and fighting would be rather boring, so there's a high chance they'll edit itm or just show the boss fights or something. If that's the case it could work.

It took 85 hours to beat the game, but I did a little bit of leveling up and sidequests. Even taking those out, I guess it's still a 70 hour endeavour... 15 minutes chunk a time... yeah, if they do it it'll take a real long time.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#19  Edited By LordAndrew

As much as I'd love to see them go all the way, I'm not sure they'll have the patience, with the repeated Game Overs they'll probably be getting, and the loads of time you can spend in the Velvet Room trying to fuse a decent Persona (which they'll probably try to avoid, leading to even more difficulty in battles).

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

honesty. i got bored after part 9 and haven't watch any new ones since. so i don't really care either way.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Captain_Fookup

They'd better finish it or else.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I hope they do. I love those vids!

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By DJ_Lae

No. The game is about 60 to 80 hours, and those end-game numbers don't factor in game overs. Sections of the game require grinding in order to level enough to beat bosses, or painstaking persona fusions.

Unless they replayed earlier sections and switched the difficulty to easy, editing out deaths, there will be game overs and that will be a lot of lost time in spots. Plus, once the dungeon crawling kicks in there will be a dearth of commentary, too. If nothing else, I expect Vinny to play through and level up in the dungeons on is own time and only pop back in to record the boss fights and subsequent stuff. There's no need to show us battling through each level of each dungeon, which would get really boring for them and for us. I hope that's what they do, anyway.

Plus, even without that stuff the game is probably 30 hours long, which gives them more than half a year of video material if each clip is 15 minutes on average.

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By agent_lost

No, now for a real question, when will Jeff or Vinny will used Fo' Sho in the bomcast

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lashe

Unfortunately not! =[ I was waiting for it haha

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By RedSox8933

they should keep on doing these long ones, and maybe they could get through it quicker. but god i love these videos. they help me get through the week.

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#27  Edited By Valkyr

They should make an Endurance Run of a game with Co-op or another jrpg but not as long as P4, the have told me that game is very hard and you could end in a "no win" state because there are some "deadlines" in quests or something like that.
My idea is why don't they play Dead Rising one in the 24-hours mode and try to get that achievement, that would be awesome to see in video and Dead Rising gives you enough excuses to throw some hilarious comments while you are playing

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lashe

That would be pretty cool; I would enjoy some 4 player Co-Op action or even some Rock Band action thrown in if a ridiculously throwaway "wtf" song was released on DLC.

musdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By musdy

It might be too Japanese for them.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lashe

They seemed to be commending the fact it wasn't localised too much for the western audiences though?

I dunno. I would love to see them go through with it.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By daniel_beck_90

They sure will

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hamz

I imagine they will eventually end up doing it in 30 minute chunks as 10 minute chunks of a 70 hour game would take forever. I genuinely have come to love the endurance runs of Persona 4.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Hope so, but part 12 is a bit late.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SoothsayerGB

I think so, because a lot of people are watching.  We will demand it.  Mob Rules.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#35  Edited By LordAndrew
Oriental_Jams said:
"Hope so, but part 12 is a bit late."
It's here. You might have missed it because there were a lot of videos uploaded after it, but were made available before it.
Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lashe

Part 12 is up; you just gotta dig in the videos section =] watched it last night.

For whatever reason 11 is still front page.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By Phished0ne

as most people have said,  it would be amazing if they did do the whole game,  and i would love to see it, but it would just be very unlikely with all the factors others before me have discussed.

Edit: WHOO 100 POSTS! lol