Worst video game fanbase ?

• 76 results
Ransnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What video game or rather video game series do you think attracts the worst kinds of people ?

Call of Duty ? MOBA games such as LoL and Dota ? Some obscure wapanese games ?

In my opinion Kingdom Hearts has currently the worst fanbase, and I was a huge fan of the original game. It since then expanded to cater to what seem to be overweight yaoi loving hambeasts and complete manchildren. I can't even talk about how maybe Kingdom Hearts should try and return to it's roots a bit more without the forced overly "animeh" aspects to it without getting some weirdos angry.

PS: Obviously not all of fans of a certain series are bad, that's absurd, but this just outlines certain immediate impressions you get.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

Those things don't bother me. I don't even pay attention to it.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Video Games

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any fanbase.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I can't say whose the worst, but I'll tell you whose the best. Giant Bomb

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shinjin977

@ransnack said:

What video game or rather video game series do you think attracts the worst kinds of people ?

Call of Duty ? MOBA games such as LoL and Dota ? Some obscure wapanese games ?

In my opinion Kingdom Hearts has currently the worst fanbase, and I was a huge fan of the original game. It since then expanded to cater to what seem to be overweight yaoi loving hambeasts and complete manchildren. I can't even talk about how maybe Kingdom Hearts should try and return to it's roots a bit more without the forced overly "animeh" aspects to it without getting some weirdos angry.

PS: Obviously not all of fans of a certain series are bad, that's absurd, but this just outlines certain immediate impressions you get.

apparently whatever you belong to. ug

Solidfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think fanbases in general will ruin anything. Yes I agree, the people the like Kingdom Hearts are crazy people. The people that like Call of Duty are also crazy people. The people that like Dota 2 are VERY crazy people (Just look at Brad! INSANE!) It's not just with video games either. There's a big reason why I will never, ever watch Doctor Who. Literally all of the people I've met in person (except one) has put themselves above me because they watch this "revolution of the sci fi genre" this "perfect unity of writing and acting" the "pack full drama of their lifetime." Internet people have also done this, but I don't set out to find those people so it happens much less often. It stinks too, because it seems like an okay super dumb show. I just can't get over the fanbase. So in conclusion, I don't think any one fanbase is the worst. I think all of them are the worst. Including Giant Bomb, screw you guys and your video games.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@solidfox: As a fan of Kingdom Hearts, COD, DOTA AND Doctor Who, I agree with most of what you just said.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

@solidfox said:

So in conclusion, I don't think any one fanbase is the worst. I think all of them are the worst. Including Giant Bomb, screw you guys and your video games.

I don't think sarcasm comes across very well in text.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By devilzrule27

@solidfox said:

I think fanbases in general will ruin anything. Yes I agree, the people the like Kingdom Hearts are crazy people. The people that like Call of Duty are also crazy people. The people that like Dota 2 are VERY crazy people (Just look at Brad! INSANE!) It's not just with video games either. There's a big reason why I will never, ever watch Doctor Who. Literally all of the people I've met in person (except one) has put themselves above me because they watch this "revolution of the sci fi genre" this "perfect unity of writing and acting" the "pack full drama of their lifetime." Internet people have also done this, but I don't set out to find those people so it happens much less often. It stinks too, because it seems like an okay super dumb show. I just can't get over the fanbase. So in conclusion, I don't think any one fanbase is the worst. I think all of them are the worst. Including Giant Bomb, screw you guys and your video games.

yeah pretty much.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By falserelic

Counter Strike fanbase are full of assholes, but then again any fanbase has there own share.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Giant Bomb fanbase.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I can't say whose the worst, but I'll tell you whose the best. Giant Bomb

Shill

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we talking about fanbases or communities? Because they aren't necessarily the same thing.
If we're talking about communities, I would probably say the worst I've seen is either WoW's or DotA 2/LoL's.
Back when I played WoW, I would actually tend to play with all public chat channels (including party chat in most cases) turned off just to avoid the nonsense.
It's a rare occurrence to get through a DotA 2 match (and LoL is the same way) in which I don't have to mute anyone. There are systems in place to punish bad behavior in all three of these games, but it still runs rampant like a virulent plague.

If you're just talking about fanbases though, who really cares. If someone's an avid fan of something and they get great enjoyment out of that particular thing without harming themselves or anyone else, who really cares how obsessive they are about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did the band Tool ever make a video game because I bet that fanbase would be INSUFFERABLE.

crcruz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By crcruz3

Dota 2. A great game full of awful people playing it.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By aurahack

Pretty even split between Kingdom Hearts and Zelda for me. :T

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Madden

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every fanbase has their problems, but the two that stick out to me immediately are Devil May Cry and especially Bioware games, at least back during the DA2/ME3 stuff. They've calmed down some since then, it seems.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By MariachiMacabre

This doesn't even need discussing. MOBAs are more saturated with assholes than any other games I've played.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By natetodamax
BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Fifa. I remember going down to my local BB when the last Fifa came out because it was also the day DOA5 came out. The people there were the worst kind of people. (no, not DOA fans ;p)

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The Devil May Cry fan base was pretty bad leading up to, and around the release of DmC.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By MocBucket62

As much as we want to pick on specific fanbases, I think its safe to say that every fanbase has their share of wild, die hard fans that give them a bad look.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioware's fanbase. I cant hekp but feel a lot of the problems with biowares recent games come from people on the bioware social network with a wierd sense of priorities (love interests, Shep's dancing animation etc.)

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really know that there are any specific fanbases I hate more than all the others. To me, any "fanboy/girl" who flat out refuses to see problems with a game/series and/or has formed a Stockholm-syndrome-like love for whatever a company they like puts out, regardless of quality, pisses me off. Some examples off the top of my head: Nintendo, Kingdom Hearts, CoD, old school Devil May Cry, etc. Not all fans are like this. I, myself used to love Nintendo, still am hyped for KH3, and enjoyed the old Devil May Cry games. The loud, extremist voices ruin it for everyone.

HerpDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HerpDerp

@alecofthewest: That's not necessarily true, as someone who frequented those forums up to the the release of ME2, I believe the community helped make a lot of what that game, and it's subsequent DLC's are. I can't speak for ME3, because I had left the forums after the announcement. I knew it would be a KoToR II/DA2 situation where the developers do not have enough time to complete everything they intended for the game. The DA fan base however, is a bit harder to argue for, because yeah they're a bit crazy.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By artelinarose

Any group of people becomes obnoxious when their voices get loud enough.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The worst fan base for a game as to be the Pokémon fans, they literally fling human shit at each other in hotels.

digbykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smilingpig: They've got nothing on us Donkey Kong fans. We fling ape shit at each other at public parks.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sonic

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smilingpig: As someone who has been playing Pokemon games his entire life, I can attest that not all Pokemon fans fling human excrement at one another. (Granted, I do not associate with any other Pokemon fans, so I may very well be an exception.)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of what? Propensity to buy the same exact product? Call of Duty. Genocide worthy? MoBA players. Tendency to keep playing the same game for years and years for no particular reason? MMO players. Stick-up-assitude? Starcraft 2/Fighting game players. Best? Starcraft: Brood War.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A fan of any series that bitches about developers changing anything in their precious series, then 2 minutes later mocks CoD for "being the same thing every year".

I saw alot of that with Halo 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say the Valve fans, they tend to overlook most games and just say HL is the best in a very pretentious way. I'm a fan of Valve products but come on there's other great games.

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kkotd

I hate to say it, because I love their games... But fucking Mega Man fans man, I have several friends who are die hard fans of the series and every single one of them, and all of their other Mega Man friends do nothing but trash on Capcom non-stop. They were bitching when he disappeared for a few years, they bitched when they started to use him in side projects... Hell, when they finally get their second coming in the form of MML3 finally, they'll probably bitch about that too. Some people can't let things go. As for worst communities, in-game? Has to be WoW or Dota 2. WoW is one that is always forgotten and pushed to the side, but the community essentially helped break that game and make it the trash heap it is today. Dota 2 seems to be the new breeding ground for the idiots who have migrated from HoN, then to LoL and now Dota 2. Strangely, the best community, aside from us, is probably Eve Online. There are people who want to do nothing more than destroy your soul and steal everything, but there are just as many people who want to take you in under their protective metal wings, it's a really weird, yet healthy mash of player types.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

You know are the worst....those Mattel Electronics football fans. Thinking they're cool moving that one LED light around the screen....such arrogance!!!

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By davidwitten22

This is a good idea for a thread. I look forward to increased contributions from you.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@alecofthewest said:

Bioware's fanbase. I cant hekp but feel a lot of the problems with biowares recent games come from people on the bioware social network with a wierd sense of priorities (love interests, Shep's dancing animation etc.)

Hey man, we're good people. Some of us are more... eccentric than your usual gamer. We're still a pretty diverse group of people. We've got middle aged women, teenagers of both genders, gays, straights, transgenders, blacks, whites, asians, mongols, all kinds.

If anything the BSN is probably the most racially, ethnically, and sexually diverse group of people I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with. Some of them are weird, yes, but every fandom has its dark side.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If there's one reason why I don't have any interest in League of Legends, its because of the community. I don't want to deal with foul-mouthed nerds who takes everything way too seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The salty Playstation fans on Youtube are definitely up there. *Cough*

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played a HALO game online for years, but remember finding more dickhead kids on there than almost any other game. On a positive note, I think my favourite were SOCOM players about 4-5 years ago.

For the most part they were Americans which made it quite......urm......exotic?..from the perspective of a Brit but the thing that made it was the quality of the chat. You had to hold down a button to talk so there were no clowns playing music or being abusive constantly. Some of the guys were hilarious and I really enjoyed my time in with that fanbase - good times! MAG community was pretty cool for a while too before the game faded into memory.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy, Sonic and Resident Evil have pretty weird and terrible fanbases.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Sonic.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pezen

To add some historical perspective, I always found the FF7 fans to be pretty obnoxious back in the day. As for modern day fans, I don't think there is any game or franchise in particular I dislike currently.

Did the band Tool ever make a video game because I bet that fanbase would be INSUFFERABLE.

Ha-ha! I salute that answer.