• 62 results
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By artofwar420

This is more of a relative question really, there's sooo many games every year, that surely some fly under the radar of most gamers. Some of those manage to be really great games, yet not a lot of people play them. Or the press didn't give them enough coverage or there just wasn't any marketing for it.

Sometimes we get lucky and play such gems. What is YOUR one favorite game that no one played?

Looking back, mine would be Siren: Blood Curse. It's a very intricate Japanese horror game, very Japanese. Great story, great atmosphere, kinda fucked in good way. I wrote some impressions a while back and I still believe it's a damn shame not a lot of people played it. It seems that way at least. But Siren: Blood Curse is still a great example of how you do scary game.  

Edit: it's for the PS3.

Dude
Dude

Fuzz
Fuzz

Get it on
Get it on
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By artofwar420

This is more of a relative question really, there's sooo many games every year, that surely some fly under the radar of most gamers. Some of those manage to be really great games, yet not a lot of people play them. Or the press didn't give them enough coverage or there just wasn't any marketing for it.

Sometimes we get lucky and play such gems. What is YOUR one favorite game that no one played?

Looking back, mine would be Siren: Blood Curse. It's a very intricate Japanese horror game, very Japanese. Great story, great atmosphere, kinda fucked in good way. I wrote some impressions a while back and I still believe it's a damn shame not a lot of people played it. It seems that way at least. But Siren: Blood Curse is still a great example of how you do scary game.  

Dude
Dude

Fuzz
Fuzz

Get it on
Get it on
grawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By grawly

Siren does look pretty cool, unfortunately I'm a complete pussy when it comes to horror games. I haven't heard of many people who played Burn Zombie Burn from PSN which is awesome, wacky fun.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

I really like Tales of Vesperia, it's a cheesy JRPG guilty pleasure, but it's still tons o' fun.  

But most of the games I played this year are pretty acclaimed, also not much has come out that interests me this year anyway.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By artofwar420
@grawly said:
" Siren does look pretty cool, unfortunately I'm a complete pussy when it comes to horror games. I haven't heard of many people who played Burn Zombie Burn from PSN which is awesome, wacky fun. "
 I heard that was fun, but repetitive, did it get repetitive for you?
grawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By grawly
@artofwar420: It did eventually, though as downloadable games go it's a pretty good deal.
Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By SmasheControllers

I played it and didn't like at all. I thought the Controls were a bit weird and even with brightness on highest the game was too dark.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By eclipsesis

Dead Space, i bought it for about £10 and i was so surprised with the game. 

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By sjschmidt93

Question: Is Siren anything like Resident Evil? If it is I may buy it.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By KamasamaK
@SJSchmidt93: There's a demo if you want to get a feel for what it's like.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By beargirl1

i'm all of a sudden interested in siren.  

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By artofwar420
@AjayRaz: Well then, awesome! I'm glad it convinced a few more people to check it out.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

Siren: Blood Curse does look pretty scary and strange in a compelling way. It also is a huge downloadable title right? That game does really interest me.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By artofwar420
@RHCPfan24: Yes, each episode is about 700mb give or take a 100mb. There are 12 episodes. Totally worth it though, it's just convenient for me, I downloaded 1-5, then I played through that. Meanwhile I could start downloading the next few, and so on. So really you could "hide" the downloading and it'll be like it was all there. If you still don't want to download it, in Europe came out a physical copy you can import, it helps that the PS3 is region free. 

Edit: It's around 700 mb, not gb.
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By buzz_killington

Prince of Persia. That game was my 2008's game of the year. Sadly, everyone said it was JUST OKAY when it was absolutely amazing. It was daring, different, and innovative. It was highly polished, with amazing visuals and top-notch production values. I can't think of anything that could've been done to make the game better.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By spankingaddict

Prince of persia is very underrated in my opinion, i thought it was superb :)

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By artofwar420
@spankingaddict:@buzz_killington: Don't forget Mr. Drake's talented voice.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RHCPfan24
@artofwar420: Interesting; it sounds like a compelling "package" of sorts. I wouldn't mind getting a cheap import as well.
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By buzz_killington
@artofwar420:
Funny you metioned it. That was a little distracting, but I got around it by thinking the so-called "prince" is Drake's ancestor.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By artofwar420

@RHCPfan24: Yesh, I'm sure it's gone down in price by now.

@buzz_killington said:

" @artofwar420: Funny you metioned it. That was a little distracting, but I got around it by thinking the so-called is Drake's ancestor. "

That's a good one, never even thought about it that way, kinda makes me giggle for some reason.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By toowalrus

Mercs 2, I loved that game. No one else did...

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Red

The World Ends With You was my Game of the Year for 2008, and it still is. 

Kelswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kelswitch

I'll go with the obvious 'noone played this' game,  Valkyria Chronicles 
It really really deserved more attention, glad Sega decided to give it another shot with the psp sequel.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Kelswitch: Aha. I knew I was forgetting something! Cheers.

Hmm, I havn't played many new games this year. The Policenauts translation patch came out a few days ago actually. That was fun. Okay so the game was released years ago but it's new to me.
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By azteris

I feel like everyone's neglecting the "no one played part". I was hoping to find some gems. 

I love Dead Space and Prince of Persia too, but they were far from hardly played.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By spankingaddict
@artofwar420 said:
" @spankingaddict:@buzz_killington: Don't forget Mr. Drake's talented voice. "
lol, yeah i noticed that guy's voice is in shadow complex too... kinda wierd, but its a talented voice.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By giyanks22

Dawn of War 2

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dbz1995

I thought Mirrors Edge was a good game, whilst most people thought it was only decent. Whilst there were definitely problems with it (combat especially felt ridiculously weak, and the lack of lood seemed very strange as you are shooting people with shotguns and machine guns. It was also a pretty short game.)

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By babblinmule

Mirrors edge was one of my top 3 fave games of 2008. And I seem to be the only person on the planet who absolutley loved blue dragon...

Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bear

Tales of Vesperia and Pure were two, really great, but overlooked titles in 2008.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By jakob187

Bionic Commando.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By iam3green

dark sector, a lot of people never played it. i just recently beat it.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By artofwar420
@iam3green: I actually played that game, it was fun, boss fights were awesome. But I wish they'd stuck to the first concept trailer they released even before the PS3 came out, it was more sci-fi.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Jeust

For me most underrated games was Lost Odyssey. It's a great game!

About siren, i never really got into it...  that and fatal frame.  

zkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zkilla

Pure was a very good arcade racer , I can´t really think of any others that I played

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@artofwar420 said:

" This is more of a relative question really, there's sooo many games every year, that surely some fly under the radar of most gamers. Some of those manage to be really great games, yet not a lot of people play them. Or the press didn't give them enough coverage or there just wasn't any marketing for it.

I would have said exactly the same thing. Siren was such an amazing experience for the PS3. I would also list MIrrors Edge as my second.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By artofwar420

Mirror's edge seems like one that a lot of people might have not played, it did get a fair amount of press and stuff, but I haven't played it. I'll pick one up for sure.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Damian
@Kelswitch said:
" I'll go with the obvious 'noone played this' game,  Valkyria Chronicles  It really really deserved more attention, glad Sega decided to give it another shot with the psp sequel. "
Ditto. The game was way too solid, fun, beautiful and deep to not be in more people's collections. 
I'll also throw in LittleBigPlanet. I know to some it's probably over-hyped if anything. But I don't know anyone IRL who owns it other than myself.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@artofwar420 said:
" @RHCPfan24: Yes, each episode is about 700gb give or take a 100mb. There are 12 episodes. Totally worth it though, it's just convenient for me, I downloaded 1-5, then I played through that. Meanwhile I could start downloading the next few, and so on. So really you could "hide" the downloading and it'll be like it was all there. If you still don't want to download it, in Europe came out a physical copy you can import, it helps that the PS3 is region free. "
700gb? WTF?!
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By artofwar420
@TheMustacheHero: That's not really that much, just think how big games are getting, that's about right. Besides, it shouldn't really be a problem because each episode should last you a few hours, and I think we're past dial-up.
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

to me everything is overrated.... haven't played a great game since MGS4, Killzone 2 was good but MP killed it for me

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By artofwar420
@DuhQbnSiLo: So there's absolutely no game that you think didn't get the attention it deserved? Like a game you liked, but didn't seem like anyone else did?
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By azteris
@artofwar420 said:
" @TheMustacheHero: That's not really that much, just think how big games are getting, that's about right. Besides, it shouldn't really be a problem because each episode should last you a few hours, and I think we're past dial-up. "
He's highlighting the error that RCHPFan24 accidently said 700GB when he meant 700MB.
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Dark Sector (Xbox 360 - 2008) 
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice (PSP - 2008).
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By artofwar420
@Azteris:@TheMustacheHero: Lol, didn't catch that.
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#46  Edited By GunstarRed

Battle Fantasia (I prefer this much, much more than  the developers followup game Blazblue)annnnnnnd Bionic Commando... I absolutely loved every minute of BC even moreso that something like Batman (which is awesome too)

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By misterpope

The World Ends With You was an amazing, inovative game that hardly anyone played.  

It makes me sad.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RHCPfan24
@Azteris said:
" @artofwar420 said:
" @TheMustacheHero: That's not really that much, just think how big games are getting, that's about right. Besides, it shouldn't really be a problem because each episode should last you a few hours, and I think we're past dial-up. "
He's highlighting the error that RCHPFan24 accidently said 700GB when he meant 700MB. "
@artofwar420 said:
" @Azteris:@TheMustacheHero: Lol, didn't catch that. "
Actually, that was artofwar420 who said the 700GB thing. Just clearin' that up ;) That would be huge otherwise, bigger than the hard drive itself!!
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
@artofwar420: Nope, looking at my games and they all fall under the  "overrated" tag to me
Kelswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kelswitch

Oh, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines was a great game too, think Deus Ex but with vampires.
Sure it was buggy as hell and the developers Troika went bust the second it came out but man is that a good game