sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#1  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Hey folks-

I'm looking to pick up some Gamecube games off Amazon, and I thought I'd ask your opinions on what your favorite Gamecube games were.  So... yeah!  Have at it.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lashe

Dude I don't think I have enough 'fave' titles on the GC to make 10 haha.

I guess it would include:

• Windwaker
  • Twilight Princess
  • Starfox Adventures (I really did enjoy that one)
  • Pikmin
  • Metroid Prime 1&2
  • F-Zero GX
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

Yeh I dont know if I could make a full 10. I dont have that many titles for the Gamecube myself. My one recommendation though must be Eternal Darkness what a great game. Worth having a Gamecube for that title alone nearly.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Alexander

I can't do 10

Twin Snakes

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

In no specific order:

• LoZ: Wind Waker
  • Pikmin
  • Metroid Prime
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Paper Mario: TTYD
  • Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (Factor 5. RIP.)
  • Eternal Darkness
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Beyond Good and Evil
Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Axersia

Tales of Symphonia
Baten Kaitos
Zelda Twilight Princess
Zelda Four Swords Adventures
Eternal Darkness

That's all I'd recommend.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm totally going to wing this, alright? Don't hold it against me later in trial.

Metroid Prime
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Resident Evil 4
F-Zero GX
Pikmin
Animal Crossing
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

The last two really have become victims of a lot of undeserving hate. I almost included Resident Evil 1, but it scares me too much to be a favorite. However, I think it's without a doubt one of the Gamecube's top 10 best games, so if you're not a wuss then I say go for it. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes was pretty dope too.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By lordofultima

Metroid Prime
Tales of Symphonia
Resident Evil 4
MGS: Twin Snakes
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (If you like lame sailing)

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64

In no particular order:

Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Resident Evil 4
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Kirby Air Ride
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Star Fox Adventures
Sonic Adventure DX: Directors Cut
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By dogbox
  1. Metroid Prime (the original; the sequel is good but the first one is superior, I think)
  2. F-Zero GX (crazy hard but really good)
  3. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (awesome RPG that is hilarious)
  4. Tales of Symphonia (one of the last truly great Japanese RPGs I've played)
  5. Super Mario Sunshine (don't believe the infamy; it's not a bad game at all)
  6. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (a safe but good remake; original PS1 graphics give me headaches)
  7. Wind Waker (my favourite Zelda game)
  8. Batallion Wars (a really underrated game that is probably really cheap these days)
  9. Animal Crossing (you get way more errands and gifts in this one and that makes it the best of the series to me)
  10. Viewtiful Joe (another tough one but a really neat art style and some cool beat em' up gameplay)
Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#11  Edited By Eder

If you don't have a dreamcast, there are several ports or remakes of good DC games like: Sonic Adventure 1&2 and Skies of Arcadia

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
@Eder: Skies of Arcadia!! Yes! One of my favorite RPGs of all time.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

GreatGuero, I hear you on the wuss factor.  I can't play Resident Evil 4 for more than a few minutes at a time without worrying that I'm about to suffer from eight simultaneous heart attacks.  It's sort of weird - I can watch horror movies, read horror novels, but I can't do horror games.  There's something about being in control of the character that makes it feel much more personal.

Thanks for the suggestions, folks!  And I was just using "favorite ten" as a random amount - I owned a Gamecube only briefly and I had a grand total of two games on it with only game reviews to tell me what was decent and what wasn't.  Just kinda seeing what's stood the test of time so I can pick some GC games up again.  Keep the suggestions coming, as they are greatly appreciated.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eder

Screw the gamecube got get a sweet dreamcast XD. j/k I like them both. But yeah, Skies of arcadia is one of the few RPGs i like, since I kinda hate them. So thats saying something.

RLLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RLLink

These are mine.

Tales of Symphonia
Metroid Prime
Mario Power Tennis
Metroid Prime 2
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Gems Collection
Star Fox Adventures
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

For an 11th one. Legend of Zelda Collection(or whatever it was called). It has Majora's Mask. Auto win.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Osaladin

Metroid Prime
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Eternal Darkness (LOVE this game)

I never got to play Windwaker :( Sold my GC before it came out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tales of Symphonia 

Metroid Prime
Eternal Darkness
My favourite single player games.

Super Smash Bros Melee
Mario Kart
Mario Tennis
My favourite games to play with friends when we used to game with the gamecube. Lots of good memories with those games.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Eder

Vexx! I loved that game, total Mario 64 ripoff but hey, is that a bad thing? R. I. P. Acclaim

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19  Edited By Cerza

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Zelda: Wind Waker
Mario Kart Double Dash
Skies of Arcadia Legends
007: Nightfire
Phantasy Star Online
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Soul Caliber 2
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition (includes Zelda 1, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask)

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

I have a GameCube with 30 games. I can't find one that I like, that's why I stopped buying GameCube games. :\

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Again, thank you everyone for the input.  I'm definitely adding F-Zero GX, Rogue Squadron 2, and Skies of Arcadia to my list.  I'm a bit on the fence about buying some games like Mario Kart Double Dash and Smash Brothers, since I have the Wii iterations.  Wind Waker, Animal Crossing, and Tales of Symphonia were my only three games for the Gamecube back in the day, but I enjoyed all three immensely.  I may pick up Wind Waker and Tales again, but I think I'll just end up picking up the new AC instead of the Gamecube version.

Does anyone know how Eternal Darkness runs on the Wii?  A friend warned me it may not run properly, but he's not the world's most reliable source.

Budster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Budster

Eternal Darkness (if i remember correctly) ran perfectly for me

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Goly

well, i'm only going to recommend you one: Eternal Darkness. By far my favorite game on the gamecube.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Systech
  • Zelda: Wind Waker
  • F-Zero GX
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2
  • Pikmin
  • Pikmin 2
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2
  • Animal Crossing
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Actually, Sparky, I found Resident Evil 4 to be significantly less scary than the remake of the original. I think it's mainly because you're such an awesome, well-armed, and capable dude in RE4. Sure, I was scared at some parts. Probably a lot of parts. But as Leon, I felt tough enough to keep on chuggin'. Chugga-chugga, chugga-chugga, chooo choooo! If you caught that movie reference, you're my new hero. As for the horror game thing, yeah, I agree completely. It's one thing to watch someone else being hunted to death in a movie, and another thing to be responsible for that very person's life, even if it is just a game.  Anyway, as for Eternal Darkness, it runs fine as far as I know. All the GC games do.

Personally, I think I'd recommend that you get the GC version of AC instead of City Folk. I was pretty disappointed with City Folk, it hardly adds anything. It polishes up the graphics a bit, but I think overall the original is better. Besides, it had NES games, man. Lots of them! Additionally, I'd suggest trying out Double Dash!! It gets hated on a lot these days, and maybe it's not as good as Mario Kart Wii (personally I don't know since I haven't played the new one, but critics were pretty rough on both games). Really, it's your call, though. If Mario Kart Wii satisfies your kart-racing hunger, then fine, you can live without Double Dash!! By the way, never type it without the double exclamation marks. It's how you make any game title so much more rad. But limit it to only 2, like Punch-Out!!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#27  Edited By AgentJ
TheGreatGuero said:
"Actually, Sparky, I found Resident Evil 4 to be significantly less scary than the remake of the original. I think it's mainly because you're such an awesome, well-armed, and capable dude in RE4. Sure, I was scared at some parts. Probably a lot of parts. But as Leon, I felt tough enough to keep on chuggin'. Chugga-chugga, chugga-chugga, chooo choooo! If you caught that movie reference, you're my new hero. As for the horror game thing, yeah, I agree completely. It's one thing to watch someone else being hunted to death in a movie, and another thing to be responsible for that very person's life, even if it is just a game.  Anyway, as for Eternal Darkness, it runs fine as far as I know. All the GC games do. Personally, I think I'd recommend that you get the GC version of AC instead of City Folk. I was pretty disappointed with City Folk, it hardly adds anything. It polishes up the graphics a bit, but I think overall the original is better. Besides, it had NES games, man. Lots of them! Additionally, I'd suggest trying out Double Dash!! It gets hated on a lot these days, and maybe it's not as good as Mario Kart Wii (personally I don't know since I haven't played the new one, but critics were pretty rough on both games). Really, it's your call, though. If Mario Kart Wii satisfies your kart-racing hunger, then fine, you can live without Double Dash!! By the way, never type it without the double exclamation marks. It's how you make any game title so much more rad. But limit it to only 2, like Punch-Out!!"
I haven't finished the first Resident Evil, but in general you are right about RE4 not being as scary. However, nothing I have seen in RE comes close to the terror i felt fighting Salazars Right Hand. Holy SHIT.

Yes, Eternal Darkness runs fine on the Wii. 
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Dude, Verdugo was one heck of a boss battle. Total awesomeness, and yeah, also terrifying. But dude... have you ever seen Lisa in the remake? She's the scariest as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: Hey, I just noticed that in the same bar as my name, it shows my number of achievements and points. I like it.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By artofwar420

Great thread, I'll definitely use some of these suggestions and get some games.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Kyle

In no order, and excluding the zelda collection and ocarina master quest cause I guess those aren't technically GC games-

• Killer7
  • WarioWare: Mega Party Game$
  • Resident Evil
  • Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
  • Super Monkey Ball 2
  • Pikmin 2
  • Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
  • Metroid Prime

I have Eternal Darkness, but haven't played more than an hour of it, so can't really say how much I like it yet.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Kyle
TheGreatGuero said:
Edit: Hey, I just noticed that in the same bar as my name, it shows my number of achievements and points. I like it."
Woah. Thanks for pointing that out! Haha.