A DELICIOUS issue of Nintendo Power this month . . .

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Edited By Arkthemaniac

. . . and I'm here to deliver the goods.

- Excitebots: Trick Racing is divulged upon as a new Excite! game where you play as what are esentially Beast Wars characters, but using smaller animals than found in that. Grasshoppers, frogs, etc. It looks to be pretty awesome.

- A Boy and His Blob is getting a remake on Wii a la Klonoa, but to much greater extent. All the visuals are 2D, almost like a simpler, more cartoony Muramasa. The game is, needless to say, very pretty. It's being developed by WayForward, who just put out LIT on WiiWare.

- jakob, are you there? Dead Space: Extraction is touched upon briefly, basically talking about how awesome they are for thinking up Dead Space and all its mythos, and how there will be many Dead Space games. The one thing of interest I read was in concerns to the strategic dismemberment. Apparently, while using the rivet gun, you need to hold the Wiimote to make the rivet blade that is fired perpendicular to the limb you are looking to dismember. That's actually really cool, and could add some depth. Congratulations, EA . . . you won me over.

- Grand Slam Tennis! has a big article, but I don't want to read it.

- MadWorld got a 9.

That's pretty much the extent of the Wii. Discuss.

*Just looked in the back, and there's a teaser for an upcoming Wii game to be discussed in the next issue. Direct quote: "Don't be left out in the cold. WeA chilling tale is coming exclusively to Wii, and Nintendo Power will bring you the scoop."

Winter? Did it get a publisher? HELLO?
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

. . . and I'm here to deliver the goods.

- Excitebots: Trick Racing is divulged upon as a new Excite! game where you play as what are esentially Beast Wars characters, but using smaller animals than found in that. Grasshoppers, frogs, etc. It looks to be pretty awesome.

- A Boy and His Blob is getting a remake on Wii a la Klonoa, but to much greater extent. All the visuals are 2D, almost like a simpler, more cartoony Muramasa. The game is, needless to say, very pretty. It's being developed by WayForward, who just put out LIT on WiiWare.

- jakob, are you there? Dead Space: Extraction is touched upon briefly, basically talking about how awesome they are for thinking up Dead Space and all its mythos, and how there will be many Dead Space games. The one thing of interest I read was in concerns to the strategic dismemberment. Apparently, while using the rivet gun, you need to hold the Wiimote to make the rivet blade that is fired perpendicular to the limb you are looking to dismember. That's actually really cool, and could add some depth. Congratulations, EA . . . you won me over.

- Grand Slam Tennis! has a big article, but I don't want to read it.

- MadWorld got a 9.

That's pretty much the extent of the Wii. Discuss.

*Just looked in the back, and there's a teaser for an upcoming Wii game to be discussed in the next issue. Direct quote: "Don't be left out in the cold. WeA chilling tale is coming exclusively to Wii, and Nintendo Power will bring you the scoop."

Winter? Did it get a publisher? HELLO?
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Lol, I usually have found Nintendo power is the least reliable place to go for reviews. 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

ZOMG WINTER :D
ZOMG @ EVERYTHING ELSE :D

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

On second thought, it's probably Cursed Mountain, almost forgot about that. ZOMG :D

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I never renewed my subscription to nintendo power for a reason. It is the equivalent of state controlled media, with heavily biased reviews, outdated previews that hype bad games, and an uncanny knack for getting facts wrong.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Oh... so it's not made of cake? Maybe it's not so delicious afterall.

I hate being a Wii owner right now. :(

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

Nintendo Power. Haha. I used to love that magazine, but it has become increasingly stale every issue. I stopped subscribing after Future acquired them. I miss their old, good reviews and classy style. Madworld I am sure is a good game no matter what, though.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew
Arkthemaniac said:
"*Just looked in the back, and there's a teaser for an upcoming Wii game to be discussed in the next issue. Direct quote: "Don't be left out in the cold. WeA chilling tale is coming exclusively to Wii, and Nintendo Power will bring you the scoop."

Winter? Did it get a publisher? HELLO?"
Lost Planet: Chop Til You Drop
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

Everyone who hates Nintendo Power, just comment on the actual content then... The first info we hear of Excitebots, the first info on A Boy and his Blob, etc... >_>

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I only subscribe to gameinformer....and that's free from gamestop

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac

To all the people levying attacks against Nintendo Power . . . do you have the information about Dead Space, ExciteBots, Grad Slam Tennis and A Boy And His Blob? No? Well then, why are you attacking them, since they're obviously supplying content that not everyone knows?

I don't care about their reviews. I go for their previews, and they usually have some quality stuff. This issue has a lot of it.
Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
SmugDarkLoser said:
"I only subscribe to gameinformer....and that's free from gamestop"
Good for you. Very happy you think anyone cares.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

So, what's a boy and his blob? How's the 2D art style they have going for it? LIT was a neat looking game from them but the concept art it had was a lot better than the 3D incarnations so I'm thinking this 2D game is better looking because of their better 2D artists? :)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

What did they say in the conclusion of the MadWorld review?

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By clarke0

Wait, a Boy and His Blob is getting a new release? That's actually pretty cool.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Milkman

Wow, I didn't realize it was still 1986. Silly me.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

That still exists? Hmm... Nostalgia.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Black_Rose

Do they have any pictures of Excitebots? I still don't know anything about that game and it's going to be released next month.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#19  Edited By LordAndrew

Remember Nester? Yeah, that was great. You've changed, Nintendo Power. You used to be cool.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Claude

Nice write up thanks. I don't get Nintendo Power anymore, maybe I should pick that one up and next month... yeah maybe that one too. I'm still looking forward to Dead Space: Extraction... who am I kidding.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By Icemael
Arkthemaniac said:
"*Just looked in the back, and there's a teaser for an upcoming Wii game to be discussed in the next issue. Direct quote: "Don't be left out in the cold. WeA chilling tale is coming exclusively to Wii, and Nintendo Power will bring you the scoop."

I found the reast of the info completely uninteresting, but this interests me a lot. If it really is Winter, color me very excited...
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Diamond

Don't like Nintendo Power anymore either.  The Boy and His Blob news is just crazy.  That's up there with the Spelunker PS3 PSN title and Splatterhouse in odd games to make a sequel to more than 20 years later.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Meowayne
A Boy and his Blob? Wooo. Why is no one excited? That game rocked.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Diamond
Meowayne said:
"A Boy and his Blob? Wooo. Why is no one excited? That game rocked."
Have you tried playing it recently?  It was a very interesting concept but a chore to play.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By Meowayne
Diamond said:
"Meowayne said:
"A Boy and his Blob? Wooo. Why is no one excited? That game rocked."
Have you tried playing it recently?  It was a very interesting concept but a chore to play."
All the more reason to be excited for a modern reimagination of the game. Muramasa-style graphics? Hello!

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Diamond
Meowayne said:
"All the more reason to be excited for a modern reimagination of the game. Muramasa-style graphics? Hello! "
They need to make the controls not horrible, but I also wish the game didn't just have you do one thing per screen (like use a hole or use a bubble).
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By c1337us
LordAndrew said:
"Arkthemaniac said:

Lost Planet: Chop Til You Drop"
I just snorted some milk. And I am not even drinking milk. Well done to you sir lol XD
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Al3xand3r

Some article previews can be seen here:
http://www.nintendopower.com/

Smash Court Tennis screens, Pokemon Platinum, A Boy and his Blob pixelated teaser image, and others (made a separate thread for excitebots). Great stuff all around.