Giant Bomb - Forum FAQ & Guides

This topic is locked from further discussion.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By serbsta

Giant Bomb - FAQ & Tutorials - General Guidelines & Etiquette, PLEASE READ

What is Giant Bomb?

Giant Bomb is a community focused video game website aiming to become the worlds largest information source for video games. The very experienced editorial team and the extremely enthusiastic community provide the perfect online environment for video game news, reviews, previews and discussion.

How do i use the forums?

The Giant Bomb forums can be accessed via the forums link located at the top right of your page. To view the forum you want use the navigation menu located on the left hand side of the page. There main forums such as the General Discussion forum and game specific forums which can be located at the bottom of each games gamepage.  Please see this thread regarding the game-specific forums.

How do i start a new discussion thread?

If you feel you want to post a new discussion thread on a certain issue or topic simply click on the Start New Topic button located at the top right of the board and fill in your post including the name of the new topic thread.

No Caption Provided

How do i make a post in a thread?

Located at the bottom of each discussion thread is an empty input box where you can enter your thoughts on the thread and submit them to the page!

No Caption Provided
Entering your post to the thread is simple, type it up and click Submit!

Where should I put my topics?

General Discussions

This forum is for general gaming discussions that cannot fit on any other forum. Examples of this would be asking "which should I get, a 360 , PS3, Wii or PC?" Or "where can I find the best gaming news?"

Off-Topic

Everything that is not about video games is considered off-topic, and therefore must go in this forum.

Bombcast

All discussions about the weekly Bombcast goes in here

Bug Reporting

If you discover a bug anywhere on the site, create a thread here to inform the admins.

Delete & Combine Requests

If you discover a duplicate page, post a thread in here for it to be merged. Also if there is any plagiarism that needs to be removed, post threads in here.

Editing & Tools
Discussions about editing on this site’s wiki and the wiki tools.

location of the forum button
location of the forum button

I want to create a topic regarding a certain game/character, where can I find the correct forum?

There is a Popular Boards section right underneath the Main Boards, however the Popular Boards section will vary depending on the activity that particular forum gets.

The forum that I am looking for is not in the Popular Boards section, where are they?

Since not every single forum would on the front page, you will have to search or browse for that particular forum. For example, if I wanted to start a discussion about just Tifa from Final Fantasy VII, I could either put that in the Tifa Lockhart forums, or the Final Fantasy VII forums. To do this, just go to that particular page, and on the left hand side there should be a bar that has forums at the bottom. Just click that and start your discussion.

What are the navigation buttons on the top of the boards?

The Post History, Favorite Forums, Friends Post's and Forum Search links are part of the navigation of each board. They are designed to help you search through the forums as well as being able to add any forum board to your favorites.

No Caption Provided

Searching the forums

Searching your selected forum board can be done by using the menu shown above, simply select Forum Search and enter your query data:

No Caption Provided
Fill in the Search Term(s) section and choose if you want to search for Topics or Posts with your query.

Adding a forum to your favorites

While browsing the Giant Bomb forums you might come across a forum which you really enjoy discussing on. Adding this forum to your favorites is easily done so that you can access this forum again by going to the My Favorites page.

No Caption Provided
Just click Add Forum to Favs! Navigate to the My Favorites page to quickly access your favorite boards!

What are these 'floating' threads?

The threads located at the top of each board with an anchor symbol next to them are stickied threads. They are usually threads which conatin important information, guidelines, or are popular discussion topics.

No Caption Provided

Who are Moderators?

Moderators are staff appointed users who moderate forums and make sure people follow the rules and etiquette. The main job of a forum moderator is to close threads which are considered spam, lock threads which might be getting out of control and delete posts which are insulting, full of spam or inapprpriate images. A moderators position is not an easy job, if you are interested in becoming a moderator do not bug staff about it, be active, level headed and show your maturity and the rest is up to Luchadeer!

List of moderators

MB
BoG
Hamz
CitizenKane
Suneku
suitteeth
TheBeast

Wiki-only Mods
Pepsiman
JonDavis
KensterFox
Clint
Schizoid
Joseppie
Jax
Arkez
AmericanPegasus
NuclearWinter
Banzaiaap
LtColJaxson
MrJared
Gage
Oni
TheJollyRajah
Axersia
lordofultima
Justin_Case
Abomstar

What is a mini bio?

No Caption Provided

The mini bio link that appears next to every users posts is a link to the users About Me section of their profile. Clicking this link will not direct you away from your current page, it will simply slide down and show you more information on that user. Some users tend to put signatures into their About Me section so it appears in the mini bio, a suitable substitute for 'under-post' signatures.

How-To Guides & Tutorials

Giant Bomb How-To: Creating a New Gallery and Adding Images

Giant Bomb How-To: Editing Your Icon

Giant Bomb How-To: Creating & Adding to Lists

thread under construction, please do not post here