What do you LOVE about GB?

evadwolrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By evadwolrab

I'm new to the forums; I haven't been back to the site since it first properly launched, I think maybe I used it as a Wiki once or twice to settle a geeky argument.

But from my first few hours looking around, GB seems like a massive swirling pool of info, but with a solid little community underneath it. And the editorial stuff from the guys is awesome - they have more output that appeals to me than IGN or Gamespot, and there's what? Like 6 of them?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

There's 4 editorial staff, so it's not even as high as 6.

As for what I love about GB: the wiki, although I haven't edited it that much, is awesome. The community is awesome too.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Kohe321

I love the fact that they are 4 guys instead of a whole team of editors having (in Jeff's words) a firehose approach to game coverage. They give us the relevant stuff in the things that they are interested in.

All of them have awesome humor that comes through in a lot of the content on the site, especially the Bombcast. I don't know how many times I've bursted into laughter listening to it. At the same time, they are extremely competent writers who write brilliant and honest reviews. They write what they think without any form of censorship, which is really awesome just in it self. The video content (that they keep pumping out new variations of lately) is comepletely awesome striking a nice balance between being really funny and serious, the news section and articles being the same... And the community on the forums is really good.

Oh and Vinny's editing rocks.

Giantbomb is pure awesomeness, plain and simple.

BothBarsOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BothBarsOn

I like the sense of focus too. Every other game site feels bloated and unwieldy after GB.

Plus, the four guys can really write, which is huge.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ArchScabby

I love how every other comment on a story, video, or forum post isn't some stupid fanboy bitching, or bashing something.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kohe321

Yes, I agree, the wiki part of Giantbomb is also one of it's best features. The database was huge at launch, now it's... bigger than huge.

(Guybrush Threepwood and MI for the win, btw)

patrick5152003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By patrick5152003

the dudes are cool, their reviews are good.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By mracoon

The wiki stuff is really cool and it's got a really great community.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

Love the Pod cast and the fact that you can actually edit the content here.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I love literally everything about Giant Bomb ' from its wonderful staff and magnificent Bombcast to its great structure and active forums    

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

I love the community and the videos. Those are the two aspects that keep me coming back each and every day.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

What I am most impressed with aside from the great source of info, is the feeling of a tight knit community. Members also for the most part do not engage in petty trolling, and even if they do it's done so in jest. That fact is amazing given how open we are here, especially when you look at other forums and their heavy rules and moderation. It's something that GB should be proud of and I hope it's something that will be maintained.

evadwolrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By evadwolrab

I love how Jeff is about to send me a PM saying they'll fly me out to work with them for a year, and I'll reply by sending him some examples of work and a promise to get better?

No?

Aww...

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gmanall

I love that there are 4 guys and one cu.... wait wrong thread.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb

SuperMooseman and mudkipz.

Edit: Oh yeah, everything else is pretty cool too!

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jimbo7676

The podcast and the videos are what I like about the site.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shadows_kill

theres a better community and less fanboys

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kohe321
evadwolrab said:
"I love how Jeff is about to send me a PM saying they'll fly me out to work with them for a year, and I'll reply by sending him some examples of work and a promise to get better?

No?

Aww..."
Hehe, you wish... That'd be awesome XD

The community here really is awesome, fanboyism is low and loads of good discussions pop up on the forums on a daily basis.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By AndrewGaspar
ArchScabby said:
"I love how every other comment on a story, video, or forum post isn't some stupid fanboy bitching, or bashing something."
I hate how every other comment on a story, video, or forum is something like:

"This was an AMAZING review, Ryan. I really felt it all throughout my body."

or

"Jeff, thanks for being so cool."

You know, weird ass comments like that.
evadwolrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By evadwolrab
AndrewGaspar said:
"ArchScabby said:
"I love how every other comment on a story, video, or forum post isn't some stupid fanboy bitching, or bashing something."

or

You know, weird ass comments like that."
Awesome post, man. Really spoke to me.

I have a sister looking for a husband, if you want her? Get back to me.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I loke a lot of the people here, and love a select few . . .

QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By QuattroRS6

I love how involved the community can be with the content.  The personalities who make this site are pretty cool guys too.  I think if they were boring people the site wouldnt be nearly as popular(this includes the guys upstairs who we see less of but still seem like interesting people). 

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BiggerBomb
evadwolrab said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"ArchScabby said:

or

You know, weird ass comments like that."
Awesome post, man. Really spoke to me.

I have a sister looking for a husband, if you want her? Get back to me."

evadwolrab, I sincerely welcome you to GiantBomb. I have a feeling that you and I are going to get along very well! :D
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kohe321

Allthough the video content and news is brilliant, I wish it was easier to browse. Especially browsing older stuff could be made easier.  I'm really  looking forward to the new game-page layout (among other things) that's coming soon, I just hope they make browsing videos and news easier next!

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Shadow

I like how it's a website.  About video games.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By maxszy

Its hard to say what I like about it "most" as there is much that I like about it a lot. They do some great things.

Though if I need to say one thing.. I will say their BOMBCAST! (Their Podcast). I am a huge podcast listener and quite honestly, theirs in the best on the web. Even though I listen to a lot various podcasts on a weekly basis, their quality is just there. A lot of this has to do with how well the four of them mesh together.

So yeah, check out the Bombcast if you haven't yet.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Diamond

For me the Giant Bombcast is #1.  It's my favorite podcast of all time.  The humor and quality is like a really great TV show I would never want to miss a single episode of.  I literally work my daily life around the podcast a bit on Tuesdays.  I seriously think these guys could write for a high level TV comedy.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kohe321

They are very "naturally funny". Sure they could most likely write som killer stuff, but the awesome thing is the spontaneous remarks coming from all the different things they talk about on the podcast. Like they are doing "news of the world" and the conversation derails into some hilarious story about Jeff blowing up an anthill with a shotgun. Now THAT is awesomeness.

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Duke_Lion

I love how the community is small but big enough that its always active.  And we all treat each other with respect.

solarstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By solarstone

i love the layout. the forums look fresh, they're efficient. aesthetically-pleasing.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By Disgaeamad
Kohe321 said:
"I love the fact that they are 4 guys instead of a whole team of editors having (in Jeff's words) a firehose approach to game coverage. They give us the relevant stuff in the things that they are interested in.

All of them have awesome humor that comes through in a lot of the content on the site, especially the Bombcast. I don't know how many times I've bursted into laughter listening to it. At the same time, they are extremely competent writers who write brilliant and honest reviews. They write what they think without any form of censorship, which is really awesome just in it self. The video content (that they keep pumping out new variations of lately) is comepletely awesome striking a nice balance between being really funny and serious, the news section and articles being the same... And the community on the forums is really good.

Oh and Vinny's editing rocks.

Giantbomb is pure awesomeness, plain and simple."
Summed up most of my thoughts nicely. And, much like everyone else has said, the community is definitely a lot better and closer together than what you see at a majority of other sites, making it a lot more pleasant to browse the forums and see what everyone's talking about.

And I can't forget to mention the god-awesome wiki side of the site, can I? The amount of info that's been added, on both old and new games, is astonishing. It's great to see everyone try their hardest in order to make this site become the best it can be.
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

The reviews on this site are the best I have seen. Completely unbiased and perfect. I have yet to read a review that I did not agree with. The whole wiki portion of the site is excellent as well, and I enjoy the quick looks and blog features of this site.

Mandaray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mandaray

I love everything about GB. It's the perfect gaming website, in my opinion. I love the way it looks, the way it's arranged, I love the people who run it, and that there are only four of them. I love their "yeah we're just some dudes sitting on a couch playing some games and talking about it" approach to what they do. I love the fact there's a community here that's the perfect size. (And that it's full of people who actually play games instead of mindless fanboys/girls) The videos are hilarious, the reviews are excellent, I love the wiki, the search engine, the never ending trivia, the podcast...

Yeah. I love everything about this place. =D

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Optiow

I like the homey sort of feel here, like everyone knows eachother type of thing. I think that there is not an active member here that I have not chatted with yet, also becuase of the non existant spam here, there is none compared to other sites.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Drew the Video Intern.

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By GamespotNoMore

it has all the good people from Gamespot except we need a sports man, rich Gallup and they need Carrie Gouskos

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#37  Edited By Claude

I feel like I'm part of something. I feel at home.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By Chummy8

Much of the significant content is user created while being backed up by a close circle of professional friends who use personality to drive the site's official content.  It's brilliant.