<3 Miles Austin, Jason Witten, and Demarcus Ware

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1002  Edited By Karmum

24-0 Giants right now. Right before the half, loving it.

Since I'm totally out of it (literally), I'll be updating this either after the game or tomororw morning. Wisdom teeth do that to you, so no school for me! If my typing or statements make no sense, it's because of the painkillers.

I love it so much right now. Seriously though, expect the standings to be updated soon.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1003  Edited By AgentJ
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
" GO COWBOYS  <3 Miles Austin, Jason Witten, and Demarcus Ware "
Blegh
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1004  Edited By Karmum

11-5 for the week. Giants destroyed Redskins. Not too shocking.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#1005  Edited By dethfish

12-4 for me. I've gotta stop picking the Seahawks to win. And how do the Raiders win when they barely even have a QB?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1006  Edited By Karmum
@Dethfish77:  
Winner of this week with a 12-4 record! Good job. 

The overall leader has been tight, but Shocker has a one game lead of jukezypoo and two over me. Two weeks to go! 

Week 16 is now here, make your picks. Remember! The only pre-Sunday game you need to worry about is on Christmas! 

If I don't tell you this then: Happy Holidays everyone!
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1007  Edited By Karmum

Alright guys, I think it's time to explain the final two weeks of the regular season.

Week 16

Week 16 will go as the previous 15 weeks did, but with a slight twist. Make your picks, and wait for the games to be completed. My recommendation: make ALL of your picks before Christmas. Get them out of the way and enjoy the time with whoever your having Christmas with. Once Week 16 is finished, I'm going to update the standings in a playoff-like manner. Indicating who has clinched a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place prize. It would go like X (clinch) or Z (clinch first). Although the latter looks extremely unlikely to clinch in a week, barring some collapse by either Shocker or jukezypoo (and I don't want that to happen)!

Week 17

Week 17 is obviously the final week of the regular season. Most games (if not all) are on Sunday, so that will be an easy pick. Another tip: get your picks in before New Years Eve/Day. Party hard and have a great time, don't let procrastinate these picks to the last minute. After Week 17 ends, the regular season is officially over, and prizes will be handed out, and it will work like this:

Prize

1st - $20 prize (or under - depending on the winner's choice)
2nd - $20 prize (or under - depending on the winner's choice)
3rd - ??? amount

Here is how third place is going to work. The closest person after me (I have 161 wins) is at 153 wins, and I believe there is two of them. Since I'm not going to accept my own prize (my prize is having this draw-out throughout the whole season!), 3rd place will either be a $10 prize or $20 prize. If the 3rd place winner can get withing 5 wins of the 1st and 2nd place people, I'll bump it up to $20. I have no problem with that. If they're under that, it's going to be $10. Let's assume both 1st and 2nd place is going to be tight (it is as of right now - 1 win separates them), they will have the same prizes. I think that's fair. I'm also considering give a $5 bonus to the person with the most amount of won weeks. However, if, hypothetically, it's between the 1st and 2nd place person, it's going to go to the first place person. If it was $20 for first and $25 for second, I'd think that would be unfair. If a third place person racks it up, their prize would go up to $15. Don't get me started on if they can get their wins to within five of the other two! I don't know if I'm going to include a $5 bonus yet, I'll get back to this.

Here is how prizes are officially going to work:

• Giftcards of your choice. I assume everyone here likes video games (right?) so you can pick PSN, XBL, or Wii Points giftcards. That is an option.
  • Steam gifting. Whatever respective prize somebody wins, they can pick within that pricetag from Steam. I gift it you and we're all to go!
  • Shipping. I'm willing to order whatever prize (as long as it fits the price limit for your place), and send it to you. This includes any potential shipping or tax. I don't want to sound cheap, but I'm not made of money, and not having enough money to order a certain thing drives me insane. I've had that happen more than once before. Here is the "catch" per say: I need your shipping information. For me to send it to you, I need the information so you can receive the item. As of right now, I only plan on shipping within the States. Unless you decide to pick the gift option, because I think the XBL / PSN / Wii Cards are region locked (at least, XBL is).

When the time comes for prizes, I will send the three winners a congratulatory message and then ask them what they would like. If one (or all) decide to pick a shipping option, I will initiate separate messages with each of them. Once you get the item, I delete the message containing your information. I think it seems fair, I have no interest in your shipping information other than giving you your item. If you don't feel comfortable giving it to me, I suggest you either go with one of the other two options. I'm fine with that. If you have something else in mind from what I listed, please list it below this post. We can negotiate things, I have no problem with that.

Post Season

As of right now, the post season will just be a separate version (including standings, schedule, etc.) from the regular season. I also don't plan on having prizes, unless the following happens: somebody has a perfect post season. If somebody achieves such a feat, I might consider compensating that person with a prize. I'm hoping it's somebody different from the first, second, and third place people. Actually, only if it's somebody other than the original three prize winners. I'll keep thinking about this later as the post season comes closer.

Concluding Remarks

As of right now, nothing is final. Excluding the fact that prizes are going to happen, everything else is subject to change. I'm still ironing out what I'm going to do and how I'm going to do it, but I think so far what I have written out is fair. When the time comes to deal with the prizes, we will handle it accordingly.

P.S. - Let's not have a tie for third place, please! I don't want to figure out how I'm going to handle that! :p
P.S. 2 - Let's say hypothetically I'm one of the three prize winners (which is extremely possible, if I decided to accept one, which I won't), I would be skipped over. For instance: If I was first, the second place winner would be first, third would be second, and somebody below the third place winner would now be third. Etc. etc. if I was either second place or third.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#1008  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Week 16 Picks

SD
ATL
CIN
CLE
GB
BAL
MIA
NE
NO
NYG
SF
ARI
IND
PHI
DAL
MIN
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1009  Edited By dethfish

I don't think it'll be possible to catch Shocker. I do have a chance for 3rd, but it's almost a 4 way tie. 

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#1010  Edited By damnboyadvance

Week 16

Tennessee
NY Giants
Green Bay
New Orleans
Houston
Baltimore
Philadelphia
Cincinnati
Oakland
Atlanta
New England
San Francisco
Arizona
Indianapolis
Dallas
Minnesota

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1011  Edited By Karmum

SD
NO
ATL
HOU
GB
NYG
CLE
NE
CIN
PIT
ARI
SF
DEN
IND
DAL
MIN

Travis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1012  Edited By Travis

SD
ATL
CIN
CLE
GB
MIA
NE
NO
NYG
PIT
ARI
SF
IND
PHI
DAL
MIN

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1013  Edited By Milkman

Match Up
Tennessee

Match Up
NY Giants
Green Bay
New Orleans
Miami
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Atlanta
New England
San Francisco
Arizona
Indianapolis
Dallas

Match Up
Minnesota
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1014  Edited By dethfish

WEEK 16 PICKS

TEN
ATL
CIN
CLE
GB
HOU
NE
NO
NYG
PIT
ARI
SF
IND
PHI
DAL
MIN
Avatar image for deactivated-65d51c2303ca6
deactivated-65d51c2303ca6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Week 16 Picks 

San Diego
New York Giants
New Orleans
Miami
Baltimore
Philadelphia
Cincinnati
Oakland
Atlanta
New England
San Francisco
Arizona
Indianapolis
Dallas
Minnesota

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1016  Edited By Shocker

SD
ATL
CIN
OAK
GB
MIA
BAL
NYG
NE
NO
ARI
SF
PHI
IND
DAL
MIN

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1017  Edited By Karmum

Merry Christmas everyone! If you haven't gotten your picks in, try and get em' in before tonight's game!

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Week 16 Picks:
 Friday, December 25th (HAPPY HOLIDAYS!)

Match Up

Time (ET)

TV

Pick

San Diego @ Tennessee

7:30 PM

NFL

TEN

Sunday, December 27th

Match Up
Time (ET)

TV

Pick

Carolina @ NY Giants
1:00 PM

FOX

NYG

Seattle @ Green Bay

FOX

GB

Tampa Bay @ New Orleans

FOX

NO

Houston @ Miami

CBS

HOU

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

CBS

BAL

Denver @ Philadelphia

CBS

PHI

Kansas City @ Cincinnati

CBS

CIN

Oakland @ Cleveland

CBS

OAK

Buffalo @ Atlanta

CBS

ATL
 Jacksonville @ New England 1:00 PM CBS   NE

Detroit @ San Francisco
4:05 PM

FOX

SF

St. Louis @ Arizona
4:05 PM

FOX

ARI

NY Jets @ Indianapolis
4:15 PM

CBS
IND

Dallas @ Washington

8:20 PM

NBC

DAL

Monday, December 28th

Match Up

Time (ET)

TV

Pick

Minnesota @ Chicago

8:30 PM

ESPN

MIN

I'm in the championship game in my Yahoo! fantasy league game this week. Would be the second time ever I won a league. Pretty excited about htat.
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1019  Edited By Shocker

Wow what is going on with the giants?

Zicdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1020  Edited By Zicdab
@Shocker: I like it since my fantasy opponent has a bunch of Giants players on his roster.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1021  Edited By jkz

Sorry guys. I'm not at home and I haven't had internet access until now. I'll throw in my picks, which I have written down on a note-pad, but its up to you if you count 'em. Happy Holidays 'eryone. 

SD 
ATL 
CIN 
OAK 
GB 
MIA 
PIT 
NYG 
NE 
NO 
ARI 
SF 
PHI 
IND 
DAL 
MIN
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1022  Edited By Karmum

So the Giants are losing 24-0 at half. The same day I picked up my Zune HD.

Fuck. I still have faith. They could technically still make the playoffs if they lose today. They would need Dallas to lose both games, and beat the Vikings next week.

Zicdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1023  Edited By Zicdab
@Karmum: You better hope that my Vikings win today and that the Eagles lose because we would lock up the #2 seed and probably rest our guys in the final game against your Giants. 
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1024  Edited By damnboyadvance

What's up with the Giants? 30-0.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1025  Edited By Karmum
@zicdab: 
Which I am hoping.

31-0 right now.

Shit.
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1026  Edited By Shocker

Tampa Bay might win? What the hell.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1027  Edited By dethfish

No one picked Tampa Bay to win, right?

Zicdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1028  Edited By Zicdab

Way to go Tampa Bay.  Leaves the door open for my Vikes getting the number one seed.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1029  Edited By Karmum

Wow Saints, what are you doing?

My week so far isn't too shabby -- only two losses so far. I'm hoping the Eagles lose and Vikings win, meaning the Vikings will bench their starters against the Giants next week, opening up a possible playoff birth. That is if the Cowboys lose this and next week, of course. It's the Cowboys: anything can happen.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1030  Edited By Karmum

I don't understand why the Colts decided to rest Manning. You have the opportunity to go 16-0 in a season, wipe the floor with both the Jets and Bills (their Week 17 opponent), but you decided to throw that away?

Quite silly, to be honest. I'm glad the Broncos are putting up a fight (27-24 PHI), giving the Vikings the chance to clinch a bye on Monday (and ultimately opening a potential Giants playoff scenario for Week 17, assuming the Cowboys lose).

The Jets winning today doesn't prove anything to me, in my opinion. Colts have a shit backup QB, and I don't think anybody was expecting him to lead them to victory once the Jets took over. If Manning was at the helm all game, he would have destroyed the Jets. Well, destroyed might be an overstatement, but I know he would have given the Colts a 15-0 record.

Oh, well, it isn't like the Jets are locked to make the playoffs (I don't think they'll beat the Bengals next week).

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1031  Edited By damnboyadvance

I'm kind of disappointed by how the Colts played yesterday. The Colts, of all teams, should know that the game isn't over until it's over. I'm not sure if they remembered when they pulled their starters in the 3rd quarter that they might lose.

At least they were protected from injury. But it would've made more sense to put them back in when they started getting behind.

Travis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1032  Edited By Travis
@zicdab said:
" Way to go Tampa Bay.  Leaves the door open for my Vikes getting the number one seed. "
word.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1033  Edited By Karmum

Vikings. What are you doing?

It's 13-0, let's try and make this a good week for me, please.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1034  Edited By Karmum

Can't believe Peterson fumbled it. Sure as hell looked like a facemask on that fumble, too. Maybe just me.

Then Cutler bombs it 39 yards for a TD.

11-5, yuck. Not a great week, not a bad week.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1035  Edited By YoThatLimp

Wow, bears win.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1036  Edited By Karmum

Just to clarify, standings will be updated sometime tomorrow morning. Along with potential clinches, etc. Prizes are still on, whenever I get my remaining Christmas money, and assuming I don't spend all of it on a Playstation 3. I won't try to.

Week 17 is obviously the final week, so you can get those picks in as of right now!

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#1037  Edited By Tuggah

Eagles can get second seed. W00T!

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1038  Edited By Karmum
@Travis:@Milkman: 

*sigh* Have to retype this post. Fucking Google Chrome. Anyhow, good job to you two for the best record of the week, with 11-5! I might have forgot another 11-5, and if I did, let me know! Currently, there is a three-way tie for first place. Week 17 is certainly going to be interesting!

Unfortunately, I don't feel like reposting word-for-word what I had in my original post. Denotions in the standing show where you stand. x (lower case) for a mathematical (not realistic) shot, and c (lower case) for Shocker and jukeezypoo to clinch a spot with 8 wins. I don't have the time to check what everyone else would need and what records would need to take place. Too much time.

Chances are you know where you stand. Mid 160 win people are gunning for it, and I know we have somebody with 158 wins. They need a bit more luck than the others, but who knows what will happen!

Although I don't want any ties for third (more problems for me), I also wish everyone good luck! Nobody knows what is going to happen next week!

Week 17 picks start....now!
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1039  Edited By Milkman

Looking at the standings quickly, it seems all I need to do for third is beat Dethfish. Well, here goes. I'm going all or nothing this week.

Match Up
Carolina
Minnesota
Chicago
Dallas
Atlanta
San Francisco
Cleveland
NY Jets
Baltimore
Denver
Pittsburgh
Houston
Indianapolis
Tennessee
San Diego
Arizona
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1040  Edited By damnboyadvance

Not really happy about the Viking loss. But aside from the 1st half, it was a good game.

Well, here we go. All or nothing.

Carolina
Minnesota
Chicago
Dallas
Atlanta
St. Louis
Jacksonville
NY Jets
Baltimore
Denver
Pittsburgh
New England
Buffalo (seems as they're playing for the Super Bowl, not a perfect season. They'll probably be sitting their starters again.)
Tennessee
Washington
Arizona

EDIT: Changed my pick for Indianapolis vs. Buffalo. Explanation provided.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1041  Edited By Karmum

Actually, I have no idea how many wins Shocker and jukeezypoo (I swear I'll never spell this right) need to get to clinch. I went with 8 because the next closest person has 164, and their best standing would be 16-0, therefore, 8 wins would be needed for the leaders.

Which makes no sense if you think about it, because all of them would be in a tie.

It's actually 9.

Edit - To be honest, I have no idea what I'm talking about. When Week 17 ends, we'll know what is what. I've been out of it all day. I can tell you what: I'm already thinking about what I want to do for next year's topic. Oh yes, there will be a next year, and it will be bigger and better. By default, it has to be. Your first entry is good enough, but you need to go all out on the next entry in the series. More will be explained once the season ends.

Travis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1042  Edited By Travis

IND 
JAX 
CHI 
SF 
PIT 
MIN 
ATL 
NO 
NE 
DAL 
DEN 
BAL 
ARI 
SD 
TEN 
CIN

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1043  Edited By dethfish

WEEK 17 PICKS

IND
NO
JAX
CHI
NE
PIT
MIN
SF
ATL
GB
PHI
DEN
BAL
SD
TEN
NYJ

Almost forgot to add these.
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1044  Edited By Shocker

IND
NO
JAC
NE
MIN
SF
ATL
PIT
CHI
PHI  changed to DALLAS
DEN
BAL 
TEN
SD 
GB changed to ARIZONA
CIN

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#1045  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Week 17 Picks

IND
JAX
SF
PIT
MIN
ATL
NO
NE
CHI
BAL
GB
SD
TEN
PHI
DEN
CIN
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1046  Edited By Karmum

IND
CAR (Payton is sitting Brees)
JAX
CHI
HOU (I like the Texans, they deserve a playoff shot)
PIT
MIN (first time I'm picking against the Giants -- don't screw me over)
SF
ATL
DAL (I hate the Eagles more than the Cowboys)
GB (3:51 PM)
DEN
BAL
SD
TEN
NYJ

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1047  Edited By damnboyadvance

Just letting ya know, I changed just changed my Week 17 pick for Indianapolis vs. Buffalo. I'm picking Buffalo to win.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1048  Edited By jkz

BUF (Changed Pick to BUF at 12:10, On Hearing About Peyton's Playing-Plan For The Game )
CAR 
JAX 
HOU
MIN 
SF 
ATL 
PIT 
CHI 
PHI (Changed Pick Back to PHI at 2:14, due to Westbrooke's Status)
DEN 
BAL 
TEN 
SD 
GB 
NYJ

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Week 17

Sunday, January 3, 2010!

Match Up
Time (ET)

TV

Pick

New Orleans @ Carolina

FOX

CAR

NY Giants @ Minnesota

FOX

MINN

Chicago @ Detroit

FOX

CHI

Philadelphia @ Dallas

FOX

PHI

Atlanta @ Tampa Bay

FOX

ATL

San Francisco @ St. Louis

FOX

SF

Jacksonville @ Cleveland

CBS

CLE

Cincinnati @ NY Jets

CBS

CIN

Baltimore @ Oakland

CBS

OAK
 Kansas City @ Denver 1:00 PM CBS   DEN

Pittsburgh @ Miami

CBS

PIT
 New England @ Houston 4:15 PM CBS  NE

Indianapolis @ Buffalo

CBS

IND

Tennessee @ Seattle

CBS
TEN
 Washington @ San Diego 4:15 PM FOX  SD

Green Bay @ Arizona

FOX

ARI
Avatar image for deactivated-65d51c2303ca6
deactivated-65d51c2303ca6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I see it, I've pretty much got to nail this week to have any chance. 

CAR
MIN
CHI
PHI
ATL
SF
CLE
NYJ
BAL
DEN
PIT
HOU