5th July. London meetup. Raise your glass in memory of Ryan.

• 133 results
extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By extintor

edited 1st July

We're having a Giant bomb meetup at Meltdown London on the 5th of July to raise a glass (or several) together in Ryan's memory one year on from his passing. Perhaps sharing in a video or two of some of his finest Ryan-Davis-dumb moments together...

Meltdown is an e-sports bar with several screens, PCs, and consoles for patrons so, in addition to drinks we'll be able to play some video games (Gang beasts & others) and perhaps some Cards against Humanity?

The venue is 15 mins walk (or 5 mins bus) from Kings Cross train station. (342 Caledonian Road, N1 1BB). Kings Cross is connected to six London underground lines and can be easily reached from all major London train stations.

Start time - 8pm

End (the bar closes at 1.30am)

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

As I said in the message, i'll be out of the county in that time-frame, but duders should come to this!

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I'm always up for community shenanigans, count me in!

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This sounds like a good plan, im not too far via train and that time frame is somewhat clear for me.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hope it goes well & is fun, but yeah, London is a 12 hour, £150 train ride away.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By fobwashed
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'd definitely be up for a GB community meetup. Let me know when you decide a date.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm ill pin this. I wouldn't mind a decent meet up for a bit of craic, and I got some friends in London I haven't seen in a while. Dublin to London is piss cheap nowadays. Good be a good larf boieee

craigbandicoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I would be up for it seeing as, I am about an hour a way from London and want to get into this community more! :)

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will definitely be down for this. I am only an hour or so away in Hampshire, pretty easy train ride.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also if you can confirm X amount of people, and inform Meltdown im sure they would do something special, like setup divekick machines etc.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By extintor

@mattjam3000 said:

Also if you can confirm X amount of people, and inform Meltdown im sure they would do something special, like setup divekick machines etc.

I was thinking about this too. Perhaps organise some kind of a Ryan-themed gaming session. Does anyone have a suggestion for Ryan-ish games to play?

I'm happy to get in touch with Meltdown and co-ordinate this. I'll come back to the thread with possible dates for the meetup depending on what they say.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lysergica33

I would love to come to this. I'll be in London from around July 10th or so through until august recording with my band, so if it's any time after that I'll be there

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming I'm free I'll be there.

London Game Space could be another decent game-themed venue for this, although it's in Dalston so probably less convenient than KX.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds awesome, if you could get a date all sorted out, then I'll be able to say if I can make the journey down from Cheshire.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Live in Central London, will definitely come.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vivek

Im up for this Meltdown or elsewhere. If we need help setting this up, message me I do not mind helping organising.

majid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Important question: will there be a rousing chorus of 'One Ryan Davis; There's only one Ryan Davis, One Ryan Davis....'?

PilotXIan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

London is only a 40 minute train journey for me. I'd definitely be interested in coming along to raise a glass.

Cryotorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cryotorched

I'll be there, will be cool to meet some other duders and celebrate Ryan's excellence with copious alcoholism!

zedman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man would love to come to this bit to far for me though I'm all the way in atherstone

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm nowhere near London, thanks Obama.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'll be down near london one weekend around then. If it happens to fall on the same weekend, as this, I'll definitely do my best to come.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@splodge said:

Hmmm ill pin this. I wouldn't mind a decent meet up for a bit of craic, and I got some friends in London I haven't seen in a while. Dublin to London is piss cheap nowadays. Good be a good larf boieee

Dubliner here as well, I was thinking a trip to London wouldn't cost much myself, and I have a couple of friends over there too.... Idk if I'd be interested enough though...

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By extintor

I've written to Meltdown proposing a weekend day on either the last weekend of June or any weekend in July. As soon as I hear back from them I'll add prospective dates to the thread.

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to hook up... but if it is, would anyone be up for some 4-player gang beasts ?

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've written to Meltdown proposing a weekend day on either the last weekend of June or any weekend in July. As soon as I hear back from them I'll add prospective dates to the thread.

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to hook up... but if it is, would anyone be up for some 4-player gang beasts ?

yes, yes yes! I'll defo be up for meeting fellow duders for some Gang Beasts and honour Ryan Davis.

GerbilsInSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The London meetup sounds really interesting, but it is a little bit too far away from me. Could we also do a Northern meetup also? Looking at the Geoduder project, I'd say Leeds or Manchester looks like a good city for the venue. I'm willing to help organize.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds great to me... if they are far enough apart, I might go northwards for it to join in.

poperamone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By poperamone

Sounds good to me!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Maybe it's because it's early morning here, or because I've been sick in bed for 32 hours but I read the title as UK murder meetup. That'd be a pretty different thread.

johnsublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We did one last year for Ryan at the Meltdown Bar. Well we were going for my birthday but turned into a tribute to Ryan too. Wasn't that impressed with the Bar at the time but it was just starting out at that point. If you do go have the Jim Raynor: It's divine.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sure! I intended to go to the one last year, but work commitments got in the way at the last minute.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By extintor

Meltdown got back to me and they're happy to host this.

They recommend a Saturday night which means that potential dates could be:

5th,12th,19th, or 26th of July

The 'International' is on the 19th which would mean that the place would be packed and there probably wouldn't be any opportunity to hook up games to play on that date... but on the other hand it might be cool to have it going on at the same time as the meetup? What do you reckon?

Does anyone have any strong preferences for or against any of those dates?

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By matt

Well I'm personally going to the International so the 19th wouldn't work for me but don't let that stop you if you want to do it on that day.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're honouring Ryan I feel that the 5th may be the best date

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree.

I'll give it until the end of the day in case anyone wants to make a case for another date and then I'll get back to Meltdown to confirm.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cerberus3dog

@james_hayward said:

@mrcraggle said:

I agree.

I'll give it until the end of the day in case anyone wants to make a case for another date and then I'll get back to Meltdown to confirm.

I can't come to this so it's up to you peeps. But do people come together to honor someone's day of passing? Isn't it usually his/her day of birth? I'm conflicted, maybe meeting on the 5th will bring increased group solidarity. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@james_hayward said:

@mrcraggle said:

I agree.

I can't come to this so it's up to you peeps. But do people come together to honor someone's day of passing? Isn't it usually his/her day of birth? I'm conflicted, maybe meeting on the 5th will bring increased group solidarity. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

It's hard to say as only a small amount of people on the site were actually close to Ryan but I'd say it's fairly common to commemorate someone on the date or close to the date they passed away. We're just trying to respect a great man but if someone feels like doing it so close to the date he passed away is wrong in someone, I'd like to hear it so we can arrange something.

mattdragn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be well up for this I reckon! It'll be fun to meet some more GB duders!

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do we have a time on the 5th?

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How much Gang Beasts and Sports Friends will there be? They're the most E of sports.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Just checked my work rosters and I'm free and clear, so I too shall be there. It's only a run down the Picadilly Line till I'm within walking distance so it'd be crazy not to.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't drink alcohol (muslim), would that be a problem?

I'd love to get in some Gang Beasts action.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By extintor

@mrcraggle said:

How much Gang Beasts and Sports Friends will there be? They're the most E of sports.

I know that they have PCs and consoles hooked up but I didn't want to assume they'd be ok with customers installing software... so I've asked and am waiting to hear back on how they'd feel about using their machines in that way. Gang beasts installs from a USB drive so hopefully they'll be cool with it...

@assinass said:

I don't drink alcohol (muslim), would that be a problem?

I'd love to get in some Gang Beasts action.

No problem at all duder. The more the merrier.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's the following weekend, the weekend of the 12th, that I'll be in London. Oh well. Have fun everyone.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By AssInAss