A Quick One While He's Away

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

Edited By RHCPfan24

Hello all. I want to get into this whole blogging thing, so I am going to start simple: the typical, what I have been doing post. So, what have I been doing? Well,

• Saw Metallica. I actually saw them a week ago today, but have finally gotten around to talking about it. It was amazing, and this was the first show I have seen from them. They played all their hits, with a heavy dosing of Death Magnetic, which was fine actually because it blended rather seamlessly with the rest of their catalog. They also performed "Breadfan" which I hear they don't do too often, so that was special. I downloaded their concert for free because they give you a token for that in the vault on their website. Pretty sweet. Oh, and James Hetfield seems like a pretty nice guy, as he greeted all of the "Metallica virgins" with open arms and made the whole presentation very organized. I was pleased with it.  Have you seen Metallica before and what have you thought of it?
  • In addition, I just saw The Wrestler last night and it was incredible. Mickey Rourke has truly risen from the dead because this performance is what acting is. He lived his story, yes, but added his own talent to make it appealing to watch, if painful at the same time. There is a brutal fighting scene involving thumb tacks, barbed wire and a staple gun that literally made me dizzy after watching it. But I still couldn't look away. It was just so compelling. After seeing all of the Academy nominees besides the Reader, I hope he gets this award. Well either him or Sean Penn. There are just so many great performances this year, but Rourke not only is catipulted because he is a comeback story, but also because he is a great actor. That's it. It is nice to see that talent sometimes wins in this world. Here is an example.
  • Also saw The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor on Blu-Ray. Meh. It was ok...I guess. Nothing special.
  • Oh, yes this is a game website. Might as well talk about some good 'ol videogames.  I have been slowly playing Fallout 3, which is definitely a great game, though I have been playing it in a way that is most likely not the ideal way to do so. I have been doing too many side missions on my opinion, and not enough story, and all of a sudden the other day doing the "Those!" mission, I just snapped when realizing what I have been doing for all of this time. I was also freaked out by the fire ants who shot flames at me from over 20 feet away. Maybe that has something to do with it. Nonetheless, I am going to just focus on the regular missions now and play it like Jeff, who said that was the best way to play it as well. Still an amazing game, though :)
  • Also, I have been achievement whoring Fable II. With Knothole Island, I have 840 right now and expect to reach at least 1000 sometime soon. There are a few I won't be able to get (playing through it again for the different ending, dolls, keys, gargoyles), but there are a bunch of ones I know I can easily "achieve". Fable II is a fine game, by the way.
  • Last but not least, I have visited GTA IV again. It was my GOTY of last year, and it still is fun to just screw around with with cheats and all. I already felt the impact of the story so now I can go around on rampages and spawn Anhilators out of thin air. I think the game strikes a good balance between the two.

So, that is my blog. Hope you enjoyed it and feel free to comment. I will try to do this on a weekly, bi-weekly basis.

P.S. If you know what my title is from, you get a cookie :)
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RHCPfan24

Hello all. I want to get into this whole blogging thing, so I am going to start simple: the typical, what I have been doing post. So, what have I been doing? Well,

• Saw Metallica. I actually saw them a week ago today, but have finally gotten around to talking about it. It was amazing, and this was the first show I have seen from them. They played all their hits, with a heavy dosing of Death Magnetic, which was fine actually because it blended rather seamlessly with the rest of their catalog. They also performed "Breadfan" which I hear they don't do too often, so that was special. I downloaded their concert for free because they give you a token for that in the vault on their website. Pretty sweet. Oh, and James Hetfield seems like a pretty nice guy, as he greeted all of the "Metallica virgins" with open arms and made the whole presentation very organized. I was pleased with it.  Have you seen Metallica before and what have you thought of it?
  • In addition, I just saw The Wrestler last night and it was incredible. Mickey Rourke has truly risen from the dead because this performance is what acting is. He lived his story, yes, but added his own talent to make it appealing to watch, if painful at the same time. There is a brutal fighting scene involving thumb tacks, barbed wire and a staple gun that literally made me dizzy after watching it. But I still couldn't look away. It was just so compelling. After seeing all of the Academy nominees besides the Reader, I hope he gets this award. Well either him or Sean Penn. There are just so many great performances this year, but Rourke not only is catipulted because he is a comeback story, but also because he is a great actor. That's it. It is nice to see that talent sometimes wins in this world. Here is an example.
  • Also saw The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor on Blu-Ray. Meh. It was ok...I guess. Nothing special.
  • Oh, yes this is a game website. Might as well talk about some good 'ol videogames.  I have been slowly playing Fallout 3, which is definitely a great game, though I have been playing it in a way that is most likely not the ideal way to do so. I have been doing too many side missions on my opinion, and not enough story, and all of a sudden the other day doing the "Those!" mission, I just snapped when realizing what I have been doing for all of this time. I was also freaked out by the fire ants who shot flames at me from over 20 feet away. Maybe that has something to do with it. Nonetheless, I am going to just focus on the regular missions now and play it like Jeff, who said that was the best way to play it as well. Still an amazing game, though :)
  • Also, I have been achievement whoring Fable II. With Knothole Island, I have 840 right now and expect to reach at least 1000 sometime soon. There are a few I won't be able to get (playing through it again for the different ending, dolls, keys, gargoyles), but there are a bunch of ones I know I can easily "achieve". Fable II is a fine game, by the way.
  • Last but not least, I have visited GTA IV again. It was my GOTY of last year, and it still is fun to just screw around with with cheats and all. I already felt the impact of the story so now I can go around on rampages and spawn Anhilators out of thin air. I think the game strikes a good balance between the two.

So, that is my blog. Hope you enjoyed it and feel free to comment. I will try to do this on a weekly, bi-weekly basis.

P.S. If you know what my title is from, you get a cookie :)
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I played a lot of side missions in Fallout 3 and it took me 58 hours to finish. I've read were other people have spent over 100 hours playing this game and I can see why.

I'm still playing Fable 2, but again just playing around, buying businesses and doing side quest. I got married and now have 3 children. I'm planning on doing some more of the main quest... sometime. It's a very good game, really liking this one.

I've been getting back into Team Fortress 2 on my pc, because Giantbomb is going to have a server. I forgot how much I liked that game.

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Artie

I haven't seen The Wrestler yet, definitely want to check that out though, everyone is praising Mickey Rourke.

Knothole island sucks :/

Nice first blog.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

I wish Metallica would tour Australia because I would definately go see them. I missed out on a lot of great shows the last couple of years because I was still working night shifts at that point. I would have loved to have been at Black Sabbath and Motorhead. I did get to go to see GNR though and that was pretty good. Even AC/DC arent even touring Australia right now for christ sakes because of the whole economy and conversion rates etc. We all know they will eventually though, but fingers crossed Metallica will join them over here at some point.

Hmm, The Wrestler. I know my opinion is going to be in the minority here but I thought this movie was way over rated. Mickey Rourke was awesome of course I'll agree to that but I thought the rest of the cast didnt give him the same level. The girl who played Rourkes daughter had few on screen opportunities and when the film is quite short by todays standards I didnt think she was crash hot. Marisa Tomei was good but I didnt think the film afforded her and Rourke enough opportunity to really develop that part of the story. The few wrestling sequences in the movie were frankly piss poor which has me worried about the whole Rourke and Jericho thing in Wrestlemania this year. This movie really shone when it was focused on Rourke away from the ring.

I also agree with you opinion of The Mummy 3 and unfortunately I am still to play the Fable II expansion.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

your blog title is a reference to the Who, I want my cookie!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24
Br3adfan said:
"your blog title is a reference to the Who, I want my cookie!"
Here you go *hands imaginary cookie* Good call, btw ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

c1337us said:
Hmm, The Wrestler. I know my opinion is going to be in the minority here but I thought this movie was way over rated. Mickey Rourke was awesome of course I'll agree to that but I thought the rest of the cast didnt give him the same level. The girl who played Rourkes daughter had few on screen opportunities and when the film is quite short by todays standards I didnt think she was crash hot. Marisa Tomei was good but I didnt think the film afforded her and Rourke enough opportunity to really develop that part of the story. The few wrestling sequences in the movie were frankly piss poor which has me worried about the whole Rourke and Jericho thing in Wrestlemania this year. This movie really shone when it was focused on Rourke away from the ring.
Well, the film itself wasn't AMAZING, it was the performances that made it great. The movie was small; it was an indie-film pretty much, with basic camerawork and such. The simplicity did drive the message home well, as it basically showed his non-spectacular life in a non-spectacular way. As for Evan Rachel Wood (the daughter), she was *spoliers* a lesbo, so I don't think she was supposed to be extremely hot or anything, though she definitely ain't bad looking. Marisa Tomei was great (and hot, btw) and I would say that her relationship with Rourke was fleshed out (no pun intended) rather well and made the viewer connect to their inner torments: age and decay. Both of them were past their prime, but they kept doing it because it is what they live for. That was the message I took home after seeing it. And also, about the wrestling scenes, they were great. The brutality really showed that not all wrestling is fake, and I was so disturbed by the staple gun scene. The camera pan around his bruised body was brilliant. It was a scrapbook of his pain and suffering. So, yeah, I loved it, and it probably excelled the most when out of the ring, but, I myself, loved every minute of it.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Dalai

A game like Fallout 3 would probably consume my life with all the side missions since I'm the kind of guy who has to play through everything to be satisfied.  It's truly amazing, but it's really not my kind of game.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac
RHCPfan24 said:
"Br3adfan said:
Hey, I knew that without being enough of a douche to mention it!
I WANT 2 COOKIES!
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24
Arkthemaniac said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"Br3adfan said:
I WANT 2 COOKIES!
"
I trust you, because your favorite album is Quadrophenia. You get a black & white cookie. I hope you like it.
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By CreamyGoodness
RHCPfan24 said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"Br3adfan said:
I WANT 2 COOKIES!
"
I trust you, because your favorite album is Quadrophenia. You get a black & white cookie. I hope you like it."
my moomy says im special. can i haz cookie
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac
RHCPfan24 said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"Br3adfan said:
I WANT 2 COOKIES!
"
I trust you, because your favorite album is Quadrophenia. You get a black & white cookie. I hope you like it."
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
CreamyGoodness said:
my moomy says im special. can i haz cookie"
NO!!!!!
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24
Arkthemaniac said:
my moomy says im special. can i haz cookie"
NO!!!!!
"
NOO!!!!! You get a supermarket brand oreo. How's that make you feel?
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By breadfan

You guys want the cookie, well too late because it is gone

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Br3adfan said:
"You guys want the cookie, well too late because it is gone"
Yeah, well, I gots a racially diverse cookie.
Avatar image for gobiasindustries
GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By GobiasIndustries
Arkthemaniac said:
"Br3adfan said:
Yeah, well, I gots a racially diverse cookie."
*nods*
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RHCPfan24
Br3adfan said:
Easy now. You got the biggest cookie, but Ark gets one too, and a 
racially diverse cookie."
at that. Still, you came first, so kudos.

Next blog I do, I am going to make the title some music reference and have cookies as prizes again. The difficulty and flavors will vary. This was fun :)
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Claude

I don't like cookies, so I didn't answer. I would prefer a banana. I bitched at Sweep about this and he finally gave me my virtual banana.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By eric_buck

GTA IV is sweet. IMO it's better than MGS 4 although it's is also an amazing game.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I saw Metallica back on the 18th, and they were amazing. I downloaded the show off of LiveMetallica.com, but I had to pay for it. Where did you find your token to download it? Was it on the ticket? Was it a Metclub exclusive type thing?

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Death_Burnout

You got more first comments than i ever did :'(

I really wan't to see The Wrestler, when i knew that there was a match involving barbed wire and thumbtacks i wanted to see it even more, i love that stuff! that's like the icing on an otherwise gripping and well acted film, so im told :)

Fallout 3 is better than i expected, since i originally just thought it was Bethesda making another buggy game...and they did, but its better than i thought. You might know from my Twitter posts, but i had to start this game all over again (on the PC) to see the DLC, (since i didn't start the game with Games for Windows Live on, and you can't blame me cus that thing sucks)

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By Brandy

I have zero desire to see the third Mummy movie. Seeing that Rachel Weisz  wasn't in it just ruined it for me. Not that she's a favorite of mine, but I HATE casting changes...Ugh.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By daniel_beck_90
RHCPfan24 said:

Metallica is my favorite band of all time , it is really nice that you like 'em cuz they are undoubtedly the best and most popular[ and recently hall of famer ] heavy metal band .  and GTA IV rocks too

@RHCP :  it was an amazing first blog from you , keep it up buddy  ^__^

Claude
said:
"I played a lot of side missions in Fallout 3 and it took me 58 hours to finish. I've read were other people have spent over 100 hours playing this game and I can see why.

Yeah , the game is huge and I have spent nearly 120 hours to get all the achievements !!!
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RHCPfan24

Thanks a lot @ daniel beck. I appreciate it :)

@ Eric Buck: yep.
@ Everyone's a Critic: yeah, I got it off of some deal with the tickets. It was a presale and I got the new album with it as well. Good deal if you ask me.
@ Death Burnout: The comments are surprising me, yes ;) Also, you should definitely see the Wrestler when you get the chance and Fallout 3 is cool, indeed. GFW sucks, though.
@ Brandy: yeah, her replacement was pretty bad. Rachel Weisz is a great actress, so there is a lot missing. Like I said, I didn't hate the new Mummy film...it just wasn't special. Sort of fun, but a bit bland and ordinary. Don't go out of your way to see it is what I mean.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Pie

I wish to have pizza pie as pope if i may

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Death_Burnout

hehe do feel encouraged to do another one.

and yeah...i'll see The Wrestler whenever it is possible.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Pie

The who/pizza pie

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Alexander

Saw Metallica last year, they rocked - enter Sandman the highlight for sure - pyrotechnics were amazing.

I saw the Wrestler just last night and I haven't seen Milk but Mickey Rourke could easily have gotten that best actor.

The Mummy: Tomb yadda yadda - terrible, absolutely shite, left the cinema before it finished.