Breaking Bad: Season 5: PART I - The Thread

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By LiquidSwords

Skyler taking a nice little self drowning!

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#202  Edited By Phatmac

This is tense.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By IBurningStar

Skyler fucking sucks. True story.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#204  Edited By SlightConfuse

Skylar goingn cold on walt

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#205  Edited By natetodamax

Man, that was a really intense conversation. The Walt and Skylar relationship is going downhill so unbelievably fast.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By LiquidSwords

Classy Skyler, fucking classy!

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Phatmac

For once I agree with Skyler, Walt is fucking insane and will cause Walt Jr's death. Mark my words.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By LiquidSwords

Dat close shave @____@

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By SlightConfuse

Half-meausures biting mike in the ass

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Phatmac

Should've killed her. She'll be one of the reasons this operation is finished.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By LiquidSwords

@Phatmac said:

For once I agree with Skyler, Walt is fucking insane and will cause Walt Jr's death. Mark my words.

Yeah, feel like their showing Walt and Walt Jr. chumming it up more, so when he gets it, it's going to be bad!

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Phatmac

You guys may think of Skylar as a bitch, then fine. She's right and Walt is wrong. Walt's too close-minded with making money and not realizing that everything is falling around him. This will not end well because of Walt.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By SlightConfuse

Baby monitor guy is going to be walts victor. also finally skylar steeping up, she has been terrible since mid season 3

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#214  Edited By Brendan

I don't see how people dislike Skyler at this point. Walt is ruining her.

FAVOURITE shot of the episode. Anyone spot the half turned birthday mug near the end, with only the 5 showing? Awesome callback to the first episode with Walt's fake identity at the Denny's when he was "celebrating" his apparent 52nd birthday.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

God, I wish Skylar would have just drowned already.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#216  Edited By Liquidus

Holy fuck! The build up in this series is so well done and this episode exemplifies it perfectly. Also, Walt is not only becoming unlikeable, he's also becoming way too reckless. I can't really route for him at all at the moment. And with Hank getting that promotion, shit is gonna go down real soon.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#217  Edited By ThePickle

Scenes with Hank and Marie having some sort of party with the Whites are always the tensest. And say what you will and Mike or Walt, but the man who truly runs things is Walt Jr. Nothing happens at breakfast without his say-so. And the Skyler hate is so immature. She was a normal middle class housewife who finds out his husband has cancer and by the way he's the largest meth cook in New Mexico (saying something) and has had two psychopathic drug kings targeting him and his family. The scene between her and Walt when he was just dismantling all of her plans is an early contender for best of the season. My theory is Skyler suicide. That scene very deliberated showed she has a clear dearth of options. Also, there were two close ups of strings (Walt's hat and the floss). Lastly, Jesse is so goddamn good this season. He's matured so much, but he still calls Walt "Mr. White".

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By LiquidSwords

GB likes Skyler, /tv/ wants her dead!

Even Bryan Cranston said Walt can't make it at the end, it would be unfair. Skyler is trying to talk some sense into Walt but he doesn't want to hear it. Wonder how he is going to end up being on the run!

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By wjb

Walt needs to die at the end, or have something very terrible happen to him. Christ.

And isn't Jesse still the most unintentionally adorable character on earth?! He got him a watch for his birthday!

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Redsox44

This episode was so good. Drama with the in-laws being in the same room is my favorite, I just want Hank to figure it out already!

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God that argument between Walt and Skyler was so amazing.  Heisenburg just broke her down into pieces.  Ugh Skyler is really annoying but at least she kinda held her own this episode!

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By CptBedlam

Since this episode featured a bugged barrel, I can't help but be suspect of the watch that Jessie gave to Walter.

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#223  Edited By Lautaro

@CptBedlam said:

Since this episode featured a bugged barrel, I can't help but be suspect of the watch that Jessie gave to Walter.

You think he made a deal with the DEA? Early on I remember him threatening Walt that he was his get out of jail free card if he ever got caught.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By CptBedlam

@Lautaro said:

@CptBedlam said:

You think he made a deal with the DEA? Early on I remember him threatening Walt that he was his get out of jail free card if he ever got caught.

Probably not, but who knows. Or maybe he's just taking precautions and prepares his own exit strategy. He seems pretty content with his current situation... with the girl, the boy and he doesn't seem to care much about money anymore. It didn't bother him when he was asked for money to get them set up again and later he offered his share for the hazard pay in order to not let the situation escalate any further.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#225  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@CptBedlam said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think Jesse is starting to really fear how big Walt's ego is getting, and he wants some sort of insurance to make sure Walt doesn't throw him under the bus.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By CptBedlam

@Chaser324 said:

@CptBedlam said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think Jesse is starting to really fear how big Walt's ego is getting, and he wants some sort of insurance to make sure Walt doesn't throw him under the bus.

Yep, and when Walter said to Skyler that Jesse changed his mind about him (and that she would too), I was thinking that this statement just begs to be proven wrong (just another example of Walter's delusions of grandeur that disconnect him from reality). Jessie is not that naive. He knows Walter and he knows what he is capable of.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#227  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@CptBedlam said:

@Chaser324 said:

@CptBedlam said:

Yep, and when Walter said to Skyler that Jesse changed his mind about him (and that she would too), I was thinking that this statement just begs to be proven wrong (just another example of Walter's delusions of grandeur that disconnect him from reality). Jessie is not that naive. He knows Walter and he knows what he is capable of.

Gus eventually offed his boss. Walt offed Gus. It would make a lot of sense if they mirrored the same thing with Jesse eventually being the one that sticks the knife into Walt (either figuratively or literally).

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By CptBedlam

@Chaser324 said:

@CptBedlam said:

@Chaser324 said:

@CptBedlam said:

Gus eventually offed his boss. Walt offed Gus. It would make a lot of sense if they mirrored the same thing with Jesse eventually being the one that sticks the knife into Walt (either figuratively or literally).

Jesse also inversely mirrors Walter's development. At the beginning, he was a thug and by now, he seems to have become the one that thinks about morale and the ones he loves. Walter, meanwhile, has lost connection to his wife and only superficially tries to keep up the relations with his son. But his mind only revolves around himself and money.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#229  Edited By Ghostiet
@CptBedlam said:

I doubt it. Jesse desperately craves approval from Walt. All it took from Walt to solve the Hank issue in season 3 was to compliment his meth and he played him like a fiddle to make him break up with Andrea by just telling him he trusts him. Jesse won't cross him, not after finding the fake ricin cigarette in the second episode. He will if he'll ever learn about Jane and Brock - and let's be honest, he'll probably learn one day, but right now it's impossible.

Also, despite all his growth and experience, Jesse still has a pretty innocent view of the world. He wouldn't betray Walt out of a sense of greed or belief he's going off the rails. It's cemented by him standing up to Mike about Lydia. She is obvious trouble and Mike is absolutely right about taking her out, even if he'll ultimately be wrong about the bug. And yet Jesse defends her - it's either because he views her as an innocent person that's driven to craziness by paranoia and fear (just like he always thought about Walt), or because he wants to show Walt support.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By stryker1121

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

God that argument between Walt and Skyler was so amazing. Heisenburg just broke her down into pieces. Ugh Skyler is really annoying but at least she kinda held her own this episode!

Skyler got some great jabs in, though, finally breaking out of the cocoon of terror she'd been in all season: "I thought you were the danger." And then telling Walt that she'll wait til the cancer comes back was stone cold.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By CptBedlam

@Ghostiet said:

Also, despite all his growth and experience, Jesse still has a pretty innocent view of the world. He wouldn't betray Walt out of a sense of greed or belief he's going off the rails. It's cemented by him standing up to Mike about Lydia. She is obvious trouble and Mike is absolutely right about taking her out, even if he'll ultimately be wrong about the bug. And yet Jesse defends her - it's either because he views her as an innocent person that's driven to craziness by paranoia and fear (just like he always thought about Walt), or because he wants to show Walt support.

Maybe he just wants no more bloodshed. He wants no more trouble than necessary and he doesn't really care about money anymore. I think Jesse's motive for sparing her was just empathy, Walter's was greed.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Phatmac

@CptBedlam said:

I doubt it. Jesse and Walt seemed to have make amends so betraying Walt would be a strange action by Jess. His loyalty to Walt is unquestionable now. If you're right then I'd be shocked.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#233  Edited By morrelloman

Skyler went for the kill shot with that cancer comment. There is no coming back from that. Their relationship is forver broken. Walt lives one more year. Crosses Mike one too many times and winds up buying a caddy and a rifle. Only to get double triple quadruple crossed by Jesse or something. Show is killing it tho. Not the best episode but the watch at the end was such a sick image.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#234  Edited By rjayb89

Dat Dubstep. Also this episode made me want to get a racing wheel.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By CptBedlam

@morrelloman said:

Skyler went for the kill shot with that cancer comment. There is no coming back from that. Their relationship is forver broken. Walt lives one more year. Crosses Mike one too many times and winds up buying a caddy and a rifle. Only to get double triple quadruple crossed by Jesse or something. Show is killing it tho. Not the best episode but the watch at the end was such a sick image.

Yeah, there's no going back for Skyler. But Walter seemed to continue having delusions regarding his family when he came home at the end. He still wants to force the whole family thing.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#236  Edited By Liquidus

@morrelloman said:

Considering Walt bought an M60(a light machine gun) in that first episode opener, I'd say he was dealing with bigger problems than Mike.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryker1121 said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

God that argument between Walt and Skyler was so amazing. Heisenburg just broke her down into pieces. Ugh Skyler is really annoying but at least she kinda held her own this episode!

Skyler got some great jabs in, though, finally breaking out of the cocoon of terror she'd been in all season: "I thought you were the danger." And then telling Walt that she'll wait til the cancer comes back was stone cold.

Oh yeah without a doubt!  I loved that scene.  
NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By NegativeCero

Just saw it and god, was this a good episode. Walt is legitimately a scary dude now. The fight between him and Skylar was great. I thought she would threaten going to the police at the end of it, but I guess she's thinking of what will happen to the kids.

amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#239  Edited By amlabella

That confrontation between Walt and Skyler has to be one of my favorite Breaking Bad moments, so intense. Walt will still try to change her opinion of course, but I don't think there's any coming back after your wife wishes your cancer to come back so you can die. And there wasn't much Mike but his lines at the end about being sexist were gold. "Trust me this woman deserves to die as much as any man I've ever met."

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By MiniPato

@rjayb89 said:

No, Skylar! I AM THE ONE WHO WUBS!

Man this episode was intense. Walt can be a scary asshole. Makes you miss murderous coke fiends, drug cartels, and chicken kingpins that used to make Walt cower in fear and panic for his family. And it's only been 4 episodes since we were cheering for Walt when he offed Gus. Now I want someone to take the guy down a peg. I'd like to see someone try and call Skylar a bitch now. She's always been justified in her anger and frustration toward Walt and I hope people understand her now.

Mike took a half measure in not killing Lydia and that will bite them in the ass. You can never trust those desperate paranoid types. Especially after they've gotten two of your men killed.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@MiniPato said:

@rjayb89 said:

Man this episode was intense. Walt can be a scary asshole. Makes you miss murderous coke fiends, drug cartels, and chicken kingpins that used to make Walt cower in fear and panic for his family. And it's only been 4 episodes since we were cheering for Walt when he offed Gus. Now I want someone to take the guy down a peg. I'd like to see someone try and call Skylar a bitch now. She's always been justified in her anger and frustration toward Walt and I hope people understand her now.

Mike took a half measure in not killing Lydia and that will bite them in the ass. You can never trust those desperate paranoid types. Especially after they've gotten two of your men killed.

Yeah I think that Skyler always seemed like an easy target to hate, at least in the beginning, because she was always sort of getting in the way of Walt. But I always thought she was more than justified, and am kind of annoyed that there are still people who consider Walt the good guy and still consider Skyler a bitch. I mean, not only is that ass-backward, they totally seem to be missing the point of the entire series.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MiniPato: I think not killing her is going to change this next episode, for some reason after they agree to rob a meth transport (not a spoiler, it was in the teaser after the most recent episode.) It looks like Lydia is kneeling down in the desert looking up at a pistol. SO, my theory is they get use out of her to find the meth semi truck, without walt with them to do the heist, and Mike doesn't listen to walts command and just kills her after he gets the supplies. I know that probably won't happen, but I hope it does, because I don't really like the Lydia character :). (She's kind of a one trick pony of acting paranoid, and doesn't seem to add any real substance to the narrative. Of course Gilligan is brilliant enough to pull the strings and make her a worthwhile addition, I am just not seeing it right now.)

Another prediction, remember when Skylar was flossing in the bathroom next to walt, the amount of time in that shot focused on how tight that floss was on her finger HAS to mean something, like suicide by hanging, or walt strangeling perhaps? Big guess, but I am pretty sure she's going to die in the next couple episodes for some reason, she's just too emotional about Walt's business, seems to not care about anything anymore, except for the kids, and it looks like she's going to crack mentally, or Walt will think she's jeopardizing his chances of staying out of the radar.

Mister_Snig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Mister_Snig

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@MiniPato said:

@rjayb89 said:

Yeah I think that Skyler always seemed like an easy target to hate, at least in the beginning, because she was always sort of getting in the way of Walt. But I always thought she was more than justified, and am kind of annoyed that there are still people who consider Walt the good guy and still consider Skyler a bitch. I mean, not only is that ass-backward, they totally seem to be missing the point of the entire series.

I've been browsing this thread for a few minutes and am really glad to see that nobody is bitching about Skylar. This is probably the first website I've been to where that's the case.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#244  Edited By tallTuck94

I'm only up to half way through season 2 but i have a question that I've searched for the answered for but can't find it?

Without spoiling anything for me could someone tell me why the hell does Walt jr call himself flynn?

I have no idea!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#245  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@tallTuck94 said:

I'm only up to half way through season 2 but i have a question that I've searched for the answered for but can't find it?

Without spoiling anything for me could someone tell me why the hell does Walt jr call himself flynn?

I have no idea!

He's a struggling teenager who wants to have his own identity among his friends and peers by having a cool nickname rather than his father's lame name.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By ripelivejam

wow you guys are pretty level-headed in your discussion and i still sense a strong undercurrent of Skyler hate. personally (despite her admittedly noticeable weight/appearance discrepancies between seasons 3 and 4, probably sticking out due to the fact that season 4 started immediately after season 3 time-wise) i think Anna Gunn's doing a fantastic job as an actress, and she really showed it in the last episode. Skyler's fear and frustration with Walt is understandable, and i think it's natural for it to take so long for her to finally show her teeth and fight back in a sense. she showed some resistance with wanting a separation and divorce initially, but i think it was more out of her character's fear and desperation than anything. now you can tell she is truly lashing out against walt, devoid now of even one iota of compassion for him, and ready to do anything to protect the rest of her family. the way she stood him down in this last ep was chilling, to say the least. kinda reminded me of Lena Headey in the Blackwater episode of AGoT, where an actress really takes it to the next level. her Emmy nomination is long overdue and well deserved.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Milkman

@tallTuck94 said:

I have no idea!

Wow, I had completely forgotten about the Flynn thing. If you're wondering if that has any effect on the rest of the series beyond season 2, it doesn't.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By tallTuck94

@AhmadMetallic: Cool yeah I guess that makes sense, it just seemed completely out of the blue for it to start happening.

@Milkman: I knew it wasn't a big deal it just really bugged me that people suddenly started calling him Flynn.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#249  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@tallTuck94 said:

@AhmadMetallic: Cool yeah I guess that makes sense, it just seemed completely out of the blue for it to start happening.

I think it's supposed to show us that Jr wants to break away and be independent which is supposed to sadden his father and consequently affect us, the viewers, who care about said father. Just my theory.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#250  Edited By FancySoapsMan

That was a great episode. I've always liked Skylar and this season it's becoming even easier to sympathize with her. 

Walt Jr., on the other hand, is always annoying.