jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By jakob187
Bellum said:
"I don't particularly care how painful it might be for you personally, but of course I don't have a clue. That is beside the point. How it effects you doesn't necessarily equate to how it effects someone else. That it "makes you feel bad" isn't a good enough argument in this case, because we aren't talking about you. We're talking about everyone."
I must be missing your point.  See, I'm talking about the actual topic, which is "Do fathers have a say in abortion?".  So what topic are YOU and everyone else talking about?  All this bullshit about "oh, it's murder" and "oh, it's not" is fucking retarded when IT'S NOT EVEN PART OF THE TOPIC AT HAND!!!  It's simply the first thing that comes to people's minds whenever they see the word "abortion".

Moreover, do some surfing around the internet for a little bit about the psychological and emotional effects of having no decision in a matter like that and how it affects the would-be father.  I'm sure you'll find the general consensus is a rather gloom one.

Claude said:
"My wife has had Lupus for 26 years. All had no chance at life beyond the womb, "because of medication" and it made us sad. That was many years ago though, we tried and all failed. No kids for us and my wife's health is too bad to adopt now."
Sad to hear that, bro.  You got each other though, and that's more than most in the world will ever have.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

strangeling said:
"Bellum said:
"jakob187 said:
"It doesn't matter if it's murder or not.  It's still something that weighs on your soul pretty fucking heavy.  That's a feeling worse than any stupid fucking debate about the principles and moral values of it."

You don't have a soul. I imagine the effects of abortion on the mind depend entirely on your values."
You know what he means when he says "soul."

Sorry, but the only "soul" concept I am familiar with deals with the existence of the "self" that is completely separate from the physical self.

EDIT:
@ Jakob:
Sure, I can agree with that, but the discussion has moved on a bit.

Personally, I don't think it's reasonable to give the father any control over the decision, but fathers also get completely fucked over for just about every other aspect of the family in this culture. For instance, while the father has no choice in the matter of birth, he must pay for the mothers decision regardless. Either, he has no child should he want one, or should he not, he has to support it. If he doesn't want to, he's a terrible person.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

This debate is so fucking played. It would be way more interesting if the entire discussion was based on the movie Twins.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#54  Edited By Claude

How do I feel about the aborted children I didn't have?

My wife feels strongly about it, but she is a christian and they were taken from her because of medical reasons and her safety.

I feel indifferent about it. I live day to day and hour by hour. My life is a slideshow of what ifs. 

If feels like me against the world and I always lose in that game, so I don't play.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Well fuckin' A, this thread has been an enormous downer.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Discorsi

Ummmm............ yea....

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I can only imagine the pain it would be to lose a child to abortion, and I hope I never have to go through it. However, when discussing whether or nit the father should have a say, my answer can only be "sort of".

I can't bring myself to think otherwise. Maybe it's because I've been primarily raised by a woman, I don't know.
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By CreamyGoodness

yes, i am for abortion, if i knocked up a chock that was like 18, she is not fit to be a mother

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Discorsi
Austin said:
"Guys, I don't mean to come off as an ass, but the reason I made this topic was because earlier today a dude told me a girl he got pregnant wants an abortion and he doesn't want the abortion. I was outraged that this girl can be so damn selfish. And the dude I was talking to guinely wanted to take care of his future kid."
Oh Austin we know you are that mother you dun need to lie here.  Everything will be OKAY
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
CreamyGoodness said:
"yes, i am for abortion, if i knocked up a chock that was like 18, she is not fit to be a mother"

Chock isn't fit to be a mother or even an actual word.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61  Edited By jakob187
Bellum said:
"Personally, I don't think it's reasonable to give the father any control over the decision, but fathers also get completely fucked over for just about every other aspect of the family in this culture. For instance, while the father has no choice in the matter of birth, he must pay for the mothers decision regardless. Either, he has no child should he want one, or should he not, he has to support it. If he doesn't want to, he's a terrible person."
See, while I understand your standpoint, the fact is that it takes two to tango.  The idea that only one person gets to make some form of decision like this is massive bullshit.  I will agree that a father does get fucked pretty hard in this culture, but at the same time, it's because we brought it on ourselves.  There is supposed to be a sense of honor and discipline amongst males to take responsibility for something like this.  Unfortunately, over the years, that has been replaced with feminist movements that say the woman is the deciding factor.  Well, no offense...but without my gravy, she's got flavorless biscuits.

Therefore, I'm a firm believer that outside of cases for medical safety, rape, and incest, it is the decision of TWO people, not just one.  For a woman to claim it is only her decision and that the father has absolutely no say is selfish and she doesn't deserve to be a mother in the first place.  I would suggest ripping out her ovaries from her body then and there.

At the same time, however, there are so many males out there today who don't do shit to take care of their kids, and in turn, it scares the world about being parents.  Sure, this has gone on for decades and centuries and millenia, I'm sure.  However, it seems to me (just from my own observations) that the condition of parenthood has dropped DRAMATICALLY over the past 15 years alone.  So the question begs to be asked:  due to the nature of our society in modern times, should certain people be allowed to have children?

I'm still a firm believer in IQ and parenting tests being given before people are even allowed to consider reproduction.  I can't remember the exact name of it at the moment.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
jakob187 said:
"See, while I understand your standpoint, the fact is that it takes two to tango. "

Not really. If you have a mop you can pretend the mop is a lady and tango with the mop, so it takes either two people or one person and a mop to tango.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Systech

No, not really. The wife is bearing the child, however the child is partly the male's and the male isn't pregnant.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By azteris
jakob187 said:
"Bellum said:
"Personally, I don't think it's reasonable to give the father any control over the decision, but fathers also get completely fucked over for just about every other aspect of the family in this culture. For instance, while the father has no choice in the matter of birth, he must pay for the mothers decision regardless. Either, he has no child should he want one, or should he not, he has to support it. If he doesn't want to, he's a terrible person."
See, while I understand your standpoint, the fact is that it takes two to tango.  The idea that only one person gets to make some form of decision like this is massive bullshit.  I will agree that a father does get fucked pretty hard in this culture, but at the same time, it's because we brought it on ourselves.  There is supposed to be a sense of honor and discipline amongst males to take responsibility for something like this.  Unfortunately, over the years, that has been replaced with feminist movements that say the woman is the deciding factor.  Well, no offense...but without my gravy, she's got flavorless biscuits.

Therefore, I'm a firm believer that outside of cases for medical safety, rape, and incest, it is the decision of TWO people, not just one.  For a woman to claim it is only her decision and that the father has absolutely no say is selfish and she doesn't deserve to be a mother in the first place.  I would suggest ripping out her ovaries from her body then and there.

At the same time, however, there are so many males out there today who don't do shit to take care of their kids, and in turn, it scares the world about being parents.  Sure, this has gone on for decades and centuries and millenia, I'm sure.  However, it seems to me (just from my own observations) that the condition of parenthood has dropped DRAMATICALLY over the past 15 years alone.  So the question begs to be asked:  due to the nature of our society in modern times, should certain people be allowed to have children?

I'm still a firm believer in IQ and parenting tests being given before people are even allowed to consider reproduction.  I can't remember the exact name of it at the moment.
"
The problem with that is people didn't like that idea the first three or four times it's been brought up. One dude even had to start a World War because the idea was so unpopular.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
jakob187 said:
"I'm still a firm believer in IQ and parenting tests being given before people are even allowed to consider reproduction.  I can't remember the exact name of it at the moment."

That's pretty drastic, Poland would cease to exist in one generation.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By auspiciousqueue
jakob187 said:
"
I'm pretty sure it is Eugenics you are thinking about. 
TomServo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TomServo

should people, on a video game site really be asking this question?

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TomServo said:
"should people, on a video game site really be asking this question?"

I'm sorry, is a "video game forum" somehow a "lesser" forum, a place where people can't talk openly about things?
chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By chililili
auspiciousqueue said:
"jakob187 said:
"
I'm pretty sure it is Eugenics you are thinking about. "
Eugenics is a very slippery slope. That's one of the things in Hitler's plan.

First of all to the guy who has had 5 abortions with his wife due to medical reasons, I am sorry man, I know it does not mean anything to you, but coming from a stranger in the internet no human being should have that happen to them. But that's life and it sucks.

Now the question is not whether abortion is good or not. That is a deeply philosophical and stupid question in the matter at hand. It pisses me off that that's what abortion debates boil down to, when the true question is: Should abortion be legal? The answer is yes. If abortion were not legal it would be conducted illegally and lead to the death of many women, so it must be legal.

But that is not the question either. The question is: should a father have a say in an abortion. That's also a slippery slope. Because for dads its quite simple, we give sperm and receive a nice package nine months later, women have to grow fatter, suffer a transformation, and have all the risks that are taken into account, giving birth and being pregnant. Also it could lead to very thorny issues say a 25 year old knocks up and 18 year old, and he wants the baby and messes up her college plans. Even worse, say someone is victim of a rape and is forced to have the baby. WORSE STILL WHAT IF A FATHER/BROTHER RAPES HIS SISTER/DAUGHTER and forces her to have an incentous baby. And then there is the whole aprenting issue thing. Who gets to keep the baby? What if the father gets full custody but later on the mother wants in? What if she wants full custody once th ebaby is born? Its just fucked up and too hard. Then the problem is that if we make that by default women have the choice but men can sue, courts are so slow that by the time it goes into trial the woman will already be in second-third trimester, severely skewing the outcome.

So I am sad to say that men should not have a say in it. But hey! We don't have a say in divorce courts either, so we're fucked.
strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#70  Edited By strangeling
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"jakob187 said:
"See, while I understand your standpoint, the fact is that it takes two to tango. "

Not really. If you have a mop you can pretend the mop is a lady and tango with the mop, so it takes either two people or one person and a mop to tango."
Right, two to tango.
1 (person) + 1 (mop) = 2.
strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#71  Edited By strangeling
chililili said:
"And then there is the whole aprenting issue thing. Who gets to keep the baby? What if the father gets full custody but later on the mother wants in? What if she wants full custody once th ebaby is born?"
That is why cloning should be legal.
=D
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TwoOneFive

i think so, but if the father is totally willing, chances are the mother will be to. usually the reason for an abortion would be because the kid doesn't have a chance. 

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Pibo47

The reason i say people should not have abortions (with exceptions), is that there are PLENTY of people in the word who cannot have kids and would love the kid, so give the little dude away to someone who wants it.

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By destro

Yeah I've had this discussion in class before. Its a big deal right now in a lot of countries. But in my personal opinion i think that getting an abortion shouldn't be classified as murder, whether its just and egg or a fetus.  I dont classify fetusus human until its completely out of the body..then its human and killing it then would be murder. And about your situation. obviously the father should have a say but they would have to both sit down and talk about it. The child would obviously be just as much his as hers.  But then again its in her body and if she doesnt want it then she can get rid of it, like it or not.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
destro said:
"Yeah I've had this discussion in class before. Its a big deal right now in a lot of countries. But in my personal opinion i think that getting an abortion shouldn't be classified as murder, whether its just and egg or a fetus.  I dont classify fetusus human until its completely out of the body..then its human and killing it then would be murder. And about your situation. obviously the father should have a say but they would have to both sit down and talk about it. The child would obviously be just as much his as hers.  But then again its in her body and if she doesnt want it then she can get rid of it, like it or not."
You do understand that in later pregnancy you could in reality (cruel words but) rip the baby out and it would be living. 
Ever hear of premature births? 

There was some big thing about some lady who had this operation done and the non born baby reached out and grabbed the doctor's hand.  Couldn't live on it's own yet.  Too young for a premature baby even.
destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By destro
SmugDarkLoser said:
"destro said:
"Yeah I've had this discussion in class before. Its a big deal right now in a lot of countries. But in my personal opinion i think that getting an abortion shouldn't be classified as murder, whether its just and egg or a fetus.  I dont classify fetusus human until its completely out of the body..then its human and killing it then would be murder. And about your situation. obviously the father should have a say but they would have to both sit down and talk about it. The child would obviously be just as much his as hers.  But then again its in her body and if she doesnt want it then she can get rid of it, like it or not."
You do understand that in later pregnancy you could in reality (cruel words but) rip the baby out and it would be living. 
Ever hear of premature births? 

There was some big thing about some lady who had this operation done and the non born baby reached out and grabbed the doctor's hand.  Couldn't live on it's own yet.  Too young for a premature baby even."
Well thats a fucked up story man. I can see what you mean but do you really think that the fetus really understands whats going on? It probably wouldn't even realize whether it was dead or alive.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Jayge_

Active pro-lifers are active pro-irresponsibility supporters. The father doesn't have a say. He isn't pushing an 8 pound sack of meat out of his vagina.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By Psynapse

I only read the first page so sorry if someone has already said this, but if a baby inside the woman is 28 weeks through the pregnancy, and if it dies, it has to have a burial and it considered alive. So yeah, before 28 weeks, you can get the coathanger out, so-to-speak... after that, its classed as murder.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#79  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Legally - No. Morally - yes.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Snail
Arkthemaniac said:
"It's not murder, and it's not a child.
I think the father should be able to say something about it, but ultimately, the woman will go through more, and therefore it is more up to her.
It is murder and it is a life! A life in any case!
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Snail said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"It's not murder, and it's not a child.
I think the father should be able to say something about it, but ultimately, the woman will go through more, and therefore it is more up to her.
It is murder and it is a life! A life in any case!"
I simply can't see it like that. It's a growing cell. Until it has definable features, like a head and arms, I think of it as a breed of fungus.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82  Edited By Gunner
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"jakob187 said:
"I'm still a firm believer in IQ and parenting tests being given before people are even allowed to consider reproduction.  I can't remember the exact name of it at the moment."

That's pretty drastic, Poland would cease to exist in one generation."
and then we could just welcome communist/fascist America.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jayge_
Gunner said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"jakob187 said:

That's pretty drastic, Poland would cease to exist in one generation."
and then we could just welcome communist/fascist America."
I believe Jakob is referring to Eugenics.
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#84  Edited By GamespotNoMore

I believe the FATHER and the MOTHER of the fetus (baby) , zygote, DEFINITELY have a say in Abortion

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By StaticFalconar

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Snipzor
StaticFalconar said: 
"...Something about Chris Rock..." He didn't actually say that though.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By zityz

Bob Barker here saying Help control the human population: Have your kid spay or nutered. Good Night!

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By GamespotNoMore
Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Johnny5

The defining point for me is whether or not the brain is functioning and if there is/isnt brain waves. If the fetus has begun to use its brain then it's murder to me.

Also even if I put everything aside, a person aborting a baby because they were a drunk slut and didn't use contraception just pisses me off. If you do something like that you should take responsibility.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Aurelito

Abortion is one step further into the wildness and anarchism. Fuck everyone who believes in it. I think it's worse than shooting an unknown pedestrian passing a sidewalk in face.

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By SpikeDelight

Dude a fetus isn't a child! Is a Pikachu the same thing as a Raichu? No! I rest my case.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jayge_
Aurelito said:
"Abortion is one step further into the wildness and anarchism. Fuck everyone who believes in it. I think it's worse than shooting an unknown pedestrian passing a sidewalk in face."
Care to share the reasoning behind that little nugget of... wisdom? Or are we just all happy to take crazy pills today.
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Hitchenson

Thats what the ole' loose carpet on the stairs is for, then the ole' "Oh, she tripped" ;]
Jokes!

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By GamespotNoMore

spiked seriously, POKEMON is not welcome in this discussion!!  it's more like Psyduck and Golduck..I had to look that up on wikipedia..there's 1 minute spent on Pokemon when I could be looking at girls or watching TV instead

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By GamespotNoMore

to me a fetus is a human life once it develops human body, heart, brain, nerve system which is very early on, look it up

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Wolverine
Austin said:
"What if a father doesn't want an abortion, does he have any say in it? It's not right that a mother has the right to kill his child."
That is an interesting point but it is the woman's decision because it is her body.
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By GamespotNoMore

hopefully if you have a caring mother/girlfriend/wife she will understand that the father's opinion matters a lot too...half the DNA of the fetus is from the father..so yeah, I think he should have at least some say in it, to say the decision is 100% the woman's wow, that is beyond logic...especially if the father is willing to raise the child and be with the mother and help her and be a good boyfriend husband to her while she is pregnant..there are men like this you know, and if you wanna deny these kind of men even a partial decision in the welfare of the child, well that is being vehemently vociferous for no good reason, and that is really dumb..it should be a joint decision between the mother and father..cuz if it's not that's messed up...I will never date a girl who thinks she doesn't ever have to tell me she is pregnant or wants to have an abortion without asking me...that seems really selfish of the mother if that happens..and yes I know the woman carries the baby 24/7 but if the father is willing to take care of the child and wait on her hand and foot while she is pregnant and get her cheetos and ice and whatever pregnant women crave, why would you deny someone like that...couples should have discussions about this, and know if it ever happens what they will do in that situation..it seems common sense to me, to give the female 100% of the decision that is not pro-choice..that is pro-selfish if you ask me..I hope you understand where I'm coming from..I am not saying I am against abortions, I am saying without consulting the father or even getting his opinion is stupid, and no, of course I am not talking about incest fathers or fathers who raped her..they don't deserve a say in the child's life..but I am talking about willing father's who want to have the baby, and who will take care of the pregnant mother and be a gentleman to her..if U deny this, we have lost some shred of dignity in humanity in my opinion in the name of women's rights

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#98  Edited By Meowayne
SmugDarkLoser said:
"People who say stuff like "oh, it's not even human until X days" are so incredibly in denial.  Hmm... when does the first nerve cell develop?  Oh yea, quite early, the nerve cell is among the first cells to form."
Nerve cells do not develop until the 8-10th week. Look it up.

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By GamespotNoMore

wow man 8th to 10th week is very early on...2 -3 month mark..considering you can have an abortion all the way up to birth in a lot of places and now in some places you can have partial birth abortions, I'm sure byt the second or third trimester the baby can feel what's happening..and partial birth abortion just disgusts me..to even think of doing that (unless the mother's life is in danger/or rape/incest which only happens in 1-3% of abortions), anyone who would think of doing partial birth abortion as a viable option of birth control instead of adoption, wow, man , I can't think of anything more inhumane than that..so after 2-3 months baby can feel pain..that is still a good 6 months up until birth that there are nerve cells, seems like we should be a lot more cautious about using abortion as a means of birth control instead of condoms, the pill, contraception, it's a lack of irresponsibilty..there is always adoption

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By GamespotNoMore

wow man saying 8-10 weeks is not early on in a 36-40 week pregnancy is crazy