Do you believe Fox News is good for competition? (Question of the Day 9-22-10)

• 56 results
astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By astrotriforce
halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By halberdierv2

Fox News is a joke, and a disgrace to call themselves newscasters.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Fox News need to get blown up.

Seriously.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By meteora

I would for one would be welcomed if our terrorists friends blew up Fox News.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Fox news is like the national enquirer of the news world. They are a living joke.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

these questions are so fucking stupid

RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By RankRabbit

I like BBC News the most, and I live in the U.S.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

There's no original way to say, "I hate Fox News", is there?

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By christ0phe

These are sooo fucking dumb...just stop, you're not cool

BlueCellSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlueCellSpy

Fox News and the word "good" don't belong in the same sentence

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck no. Fox news sucks.

RJMacReady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RJMacReady

If you don't like fox news, dont' watch it! Honestly this isnt about fox news at all, it's about the "other side" of the political spectrum having a media option. Just as Fox has their idiots and demagogues lets not forget the pricks on competing media like Olberman's idiocy or Jason Blair and Dan Rather or Nancy Graces screw up during the duke lacrosse scandal. If yo udont' think the right wing should have a media source to turn to then i expect you to apply the same restrictions to the left wing.

necrotoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By necrotoxin

I watch CNN, Fox News, and sometimes BBC. I think people who constantly bash on Fox News have never even watched the channel. They just hate it based on what other people or shows tell them. Instead of watching the channel for themselves and forming their own opinion. 

Voshterkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Voshterkoff

They are the only cable news agency catering to the right, it's brilliant. All of the rest of the groups have to compete against each other for the viewership of the politically left and some moderates. Fox just rakes in viewership and sells ad space like mad.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/22/cable-news-ratings-for-tuesday-september-21-2010/64748

Who's smart now?

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DXmagma

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

that's a good one!

Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the goal of the competition is to dumb down news then, yes. They are quite good at that. 

If your goal is to support journalistic integrity  and unbiased information reporting, then no. They're the antithesis of that. 

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Dalai

As long as the overwhelming majority of the American news media favors the left, let Fox News do their right-wing thing.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@RJMacReady said:
" If you don't like fox news, dont' watch it! Honestly this isnt about fox news at all, it's about the "other side" of the political spectrum having a media option. Just as Fox has their idiots and demagogues lets not forget the pricks on competing media like Olberman's idiocy or Jason Blair and Dan Rather or Nancy Graces screw up during the duke lacrosse scandal. If yo udont' think the right wing should have a media source to turn to then i expect you to apply the same restrictions to the left wing. "
Yes. But the difference between a show like Olbermann's and a show on Fox News is that Olbermann straight up tells you he leans one way politically. Fox News still pretends that it's 'fair and balanced'. Honestly, I don't mind them having a channel devoted to right-wingers, but they shouldn't pretend like they're something other than a news organization with a right-wing slant.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Spoiler: A lot of people on the internet don't like Fox News.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skytylz

All news channels suck, Fox is way right and the rest are way left.  

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I <3 Fox News.

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By drjota

The one thing FOX News is good for is toilet paper sales.

I take that back.Geraldo Rivera's moustache.TWO things.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ryanwho

Fox New's popularity put pressure on other cable news outlets to further carve their own identities (mostly based around editorial personalities) and now all 3 major outlets are complete jokes. News used to be boring, but it also used to be actual news for the most part, and not an extension to Entertainment Tonight or the op-ed column. It probably would have happened even if Fox news didn't exist. And to people who never watch it who hate it, just get a life dude.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#24  Edited By AgentJ

Fox has been a big part of the new "sensationalist" news network, which has in turn changed other channels for the worst. If they didn't constantly lie, distort, and make a mockery of journalism (this coming from a journalist) then having a right-centric news source would be a good thing. But to equate Fox to any other major news source is a joke. There's something new from them every day, mostly from the trifecta of Beck, Hannity, and the morning group.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chokobo

24 hour news is the dregs of journalism.  Most of them are just circus acts created for ratings.  If you are getting most of your information from any of these channels, you seriously need to rethink the way you consume media.

In response to the question, no.  Fox is the only 24 hour news channel focused at the right end of the spectrum, and, in theory, has all right-wingers watching it.  The other stations (CNN, MSNBC) are splitting the remaining, more leftist, viewers.  So essentially, Fox news isn't affecting the competition as much as it's other competitors are affecting one another.  

However, now that I think about it some of MSNBC's top primetime shows (Olbermann, Maddow) frequently criticize Fox.  However, most people who vehemently dislike Fox are already watching a different 24 hour news station, so that's sort of a moot point.  However, MSNBC may pull more "Fox haters" to their channel for those time slots than CNN would be pulling with other, non-Fox-criticizing programming. 

Regardless, I don't necessarily think that Fox is necessarily good or bad for competitors.  Somewhere in the middle leaning towards "no" is my final answer.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Afroman269
@hedfone said:
" these questions are so fucking stupid "
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27  Edited By damnboyadvance

Don't hate on Fox News just because you don't agree with their political views.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Snipzor
@damnboyadvance said:
" Don't hate on Fox News just because you don't agree with their political views. "
Can I hate on them for being sensationalist race baiters whose audience (The majority of them) are republican who watch the channel to reaffirm their world views? Because that makes more sense.
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By lazyturtle
@RJMacReady: What...on what planet doesn't the right wing have a media outlet? Talk radio, TV, newspapers (not all, but there are quite a few right wing newspapers), magazines. The problem I have with it the word "News". It should just be "Fox Commentary" with a subtitle change from "Fair and Balanced" to "Totally Biased". 
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vidiot

You're criticizing me for not living up to your tagline. And you dismiss any criticism as further evidence of how the rest of the media persecute you. You like to pretend, Bernie Goldberg and Fox News, that the relentless conservative activism of Fox News is the equivalent of the disorganized liberal influence you find at NBC, ABC and CBS. But Fox News, you may be able to detect a liberal pathogen in their bloodstream, however faint. But Fox News is such a crazy over-reaction to that perceived threat, you're like an auto-immune disorder. I'm not saying the virus doesn't exist in some small quantity. But you're producing way too many antibodies. Fox News, you're the lupus of news.  
-Jon Stewart

Fox News: It's the lupus of news.
RJMacReady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RJMacReady
@lazyturtle said:
" @RJMacReady: What...on what planet doesn't the right wing have a media outlet? Talk radio, TV, newspapers (not all, but there are quite a few right wing newspapers), magazines. The problem I have with it the word "News". It should just be "Fox Commentary" with a subtitle change from "Fair and Balanced" to "Totally Biased".  "
Every human institution is biased. Also i suppose your ideology defines how you view the media's position on the ideological spectrum. To me Fox is clearly right and MSNBC is clearly left. Some people don't recognize MSNBC as bias. Talk radio excludes all radio and if we are talking about america then NPR tends to be on teh left. Air america did exist but was purged. If you want leftwing commentary then i think newspapers are the medium for you or the internet. 

I just hope your not under the illusion you can empower an agency to regulate media and expect that agency itself not to become biased toward it's own interest.  Fox should stay, those who don't want to watch it shouldn't watch it.  Those who expect humans and their institutions not to have biases just haven't considered the issue.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By teh_destroyer

I decided to cancel my Cable because of them.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SeriouslyNow

What fucking kind of stupid question is this?

Fox News such as much as this stupid question.

ie, a whole fucking lot

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TwoOneFive

I watch Fox News, but only Judge Napolitano, he's the only guy on that entire channel worth listening to. i dont know how he puts up with all of those morons: 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TwoOneFive
@damnboyadvance said:
" Don't hate on Fox News just because you don't agree with their political views. "
lol why not?
Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ravenousrattler

lol the results are pretty much what i expected, also listening to people bitch about fox news is hilarious.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I used to disagree with every thing Fox news said...but I think I'm seeing things their way. 

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By yoctoyotta

TV news can jump off a cliff.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Addfwyn

My problem with Fox News isn't that it exists.  The right has every right (no pun intended) of having a media outlet that slants their way.  

What bothers me is that they try to pass themselves off as 'news' or as being centrist.  Even their news anchors are right-leaning.  If they just admitted "Look, this is the Republican News Channel" or "News from the Right" or something like that, I'd have no real problem with them.  It's that they try to pass themselves off as a neutral news outlet, which they simply are not. 

It does amuse me that people think that other channels are very left though, there's very little actual progressive content on TV, it just seems comparatively left to stations like Fox.  But no, it's not Fox's existence that bothers me, inherently.

TermlessHalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TermlessHalo

Fox news suck!

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By WickedCobra03

No. But then again, I think that CNN and even MSNBC are just as bad.  I mean all of these news channels spew garbage.  Instead of reporting facts, they try and create stories that may not even be there or speculate the hell out of a fact that comes in just to get people to watch.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dany

Good competition? Against whom? The other networks. They get the ratings because people want to know what batshit thing they are going to say.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DriveupLife
@HitmanAgent47:  It's hard to consider fox news a "living joke"  when millions of people watch that station.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@DriveupLife: It's tough to consider the national enquirer as a living joke when millions of bafoons reads it too.
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Gabriel
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @DriveupLife: It's tough to consider the national enquirer as a living joke when millions of bafoons reads it too. "  
And yet they do sometimes break stories that are relevent aka John Edwards scandal. 

@Dalai said:

" As long as the overwhelming majority of the American news media favors the left, let Fox News do their right-wing thing. "

That's hypocritical as hell and kinda disturbing 

@Skytylz said:

" All news channels suck, Fox is way right and the rest are way left.     "

Go BBC 
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iam3green

fox news sucks. i hate them because they do reporting wrong. their last reporting on pedobear. they pretty much said that anyone that dresses up or has pedobear things are pedophiles. pedo bear is just a funny character that somebody made up for making fun of pedophilia.

they have also done stories on mass effect on a small sex scene.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By habster3
@Skytylz said:
"All news channels suck, Fox is way right and the rest are way left.     "
Yep.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ace829
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" I used to disagree with every thing Fox news said...but I think I'm seeing things their way.   "
No! Run away!
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By lazyturtle
@RJMacReady: I don't think there should be some form of media censorship (more than there already is), I'm just saying that Fox (and MSNBC) are clearly biased and should be labeled as such. The work News implies that there is a layer of objectivity, which is clearly not the case on Fox. Fox is a bit more... aggressive in its bias than MSNBC. For example there was recently a case where FOX sued a Democrat who was using a clip from a Fox show, but NOT suing a Republican for using a clip from a show.  

Fox commentators have gotten so crazy right wing lately, that Bill O'Rielly has started sounding sane...that just ain't right.
pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By pplus0440

yeah all the american channels are like fox, the thing is liberals are just better at making people hate things. AND interestingly enough fox is the MOST trusted out of them all by LIBERALS. that was a scientific servey too. something to consider