• 68 results
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Just curious how smart the people of giantbomb are. I myself am an average student who never goes the extra mile for anything. I almost got kicked out of school last year for fighting, but so far Im not doing too bad.

How about you guys?

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

I'm a B+ Student.

Not....great, but not bad =D

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By brukaoru

Yeah Jolly, you better stop fighting! >:|

I'm an average student. I could do better but I tend to procrastinate. Also, math and me don't get along, so I always do badly in any course that requires heavy math skills.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I got a 31 on my ACT. That's pretty much all I can say, other than that I don't do as much homework as I should.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Bass

I got a 32 on my act and my gpa is well over a 4.00. 4 AP classes my senior year... I guess I do pretty well. Pretty lazy at the same time.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGodPoet

I'm taking all ap classes and got 2 Cs. 1 for not doing homework and I don't know how I got the other since the teacher quit.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb

It depends which class, I really don't care much. I just go with things. I'm in Honors Spanish and AP Literature & Composition, I try to breeze through my other classes but it's not working so well. I'll have to get my act together.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Shawn

I'm like a B-C student. I'm really smart but I just get lazy with homework and what not.

So it's whatevz

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BiggerBomb
Jolly_Lolly said:
"Just curious how smart the people of giantbomb are. I myself am an average student who never goes the extra mile for anything. I almost got kicked out of school last year for fighting, but so far Im not doing too bad.

How about you guys?"

Sorry, I had to point this out. One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone compares grades with intelligence. Being good at math, or science does not make someone intelligent. There is much more to it than that.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Karmum

Pretty well, 48/361. That would be my Class Rank, doesn't sound like much, but I know I'm probably smarter than half of the people that are ahead of me.

Sometimes I just don't really try.

Naturally great at History, and Math. I don't really enjoy math, but every other year I do great (this is my off year, I believe, not good). Science is never my thing, and I actually like reading in English, but sometimes it hates me.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead

I did completely average because I never really got interested and skipped a lot of classes. And now look at me.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Hamz

Moved to OT

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By whackmypinata
BiggerBomb said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:
"Just curious how smart the people of giantbomb are. I myself am an average student who never goes the extra mile for anything. I almost got kicked out of school last year for fighting, but so far Im not doing too bad.

How about you guys?"

Sorry, I had to point this out. One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone compares grades with intelligence. Being good at math, or science does not make someone intelligent. There is much more to it than that."
Grades can correspond with intelligence based that if you're smart, you'll want a good future.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac
BiggerBomb said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:

How about you guys?"

Sorry, I had to point this out. One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone compares grades with intelligence. Being good at math, or science does not make someone intelligent. There is much more to it than that."
I think it was Aristotle who said that if logic is based on reasoning from one point to another, the foundations of knowledge lie in mathematics. If you're better at math, you have better cognitive processes.
However, comparing grades in a subject to ability at a subject is reasonable, but flawed.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb
whackmypinata said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:

How about you guys?"

Grades can correspond with intelligence based that if you're smart, you'll want a good future."

It is easier to do well in school if you are intelligent, but if you do well in school that doesn't mean you are intelligent and if you don't do well in school that doesn't mean you aren't intelligent.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arkthemaniac
HandsomeDead said:
"I did completely average because I never really got interested and skipped a lot of classes. And now look at me."
Most revealing answer I've ever read.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HandsomeDead

Being intelligent meant I could turn up to every other lesson and still get Bs. Being a studious person meant that another guy I know got a few As even if in general he was a bit thick and had to do extra work most weeks.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RetroIce4

Way Below Average. Like a C to C+ student... *Sigh* I did bad in gradeschool too.

thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thanatos990

2.9 GPA, i never did my homework, I got a 27 on my ACT test, I rushed though it too, thats 85%, I only got A's in all my History classes

Test dont really point out ur true intelligence because I know people who got really low scores but were smart if u talk to them, I've know people who act like complete morons but are really smart

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HandsomeDead
Arkthemaniac said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"I did completely average because I never really got interested and skipped a lot of classes. And now look at me."
Most revealing answer I've ever read."
Surely it's not that much of a shock?
AttackedCamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AttackedCamo

I did alright in High School.

thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thanatos990
HandsomeDead said:
lol we dont know where u r!
Anywayz we had a kid in our class get A's in everything he was a smart fucker, but his goal in life was to get on Social Security
after high school, he did 1 month after gradulation, he's getting $1200 a month plus under the table lol such a smart guy, he said getting on SII was smarter then working, now he does LSD and makes homebrews and roms for free all day
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arkthemaniac
thanatos990 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
lol we dont know where u r!
Anywayz we had a kid in our class get A's in everything he was a smart fucker, but his goal in life was to get on Social Security
after high school, he did 1 month after gradulation, he's getting $1200 a month plus under the table lol such a smart guy, he said getting on SII was smarter then working, now he does LSD and makes homebrews and roms for free all day"
What a bitch.
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

YeaBiggerBomb said:

"Jolly_Lolly said:

How about you guys?"

Yeah I guess that's true. Kind of funny how my counselor said I was in the top 10 percentile in the school exams for the state (I forget the name but you take them for the school) and then yells at me for having a 2.5 GPA.

I'm just not a very hard worker :P
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Gunner

I do well in reading and science, I fail at everything else in school though. I was put in to advanced classes in high school for reading and science and i was still able to keep an A average.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Clean

i have a 3.1, it's hard

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Black_Rose

I was a mediocre student in highschool. But i've been getting good grades in college so far.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By serbsta

Yes i do pretty well, except maths, anything involving math i fail.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Demyx

I'm average/kinda  above average.

I don't try as hard as I should. I get alright grades in everything but AP Literature. My essay writing is average/below average. And I can recognize the underlying meanings found in books. I like to read, but I don't care about why the author did blah blah blah.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By tomance

I can do much better, I just don't want to put in the effort which is bad.  I still usually keep about a B+ average for everything.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BiggerBomb

I'm more of a thinker and much less of a doer. I'm content with that, for now.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Colonel_Cool

I have a mid-A average for all of my classes, taking regular physics, AP Chemistry, H. English, and pre-calc. Will be taking AP physics or biology, AP German, AP Calc, and some social studies class next year. It's going to suck.

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By pyromaniac

Well all I did in High school was procrastinate but I did good there...I got a 30 on my ACT and ended up with a 3.6. I got into Engr. school so I guess I am not that bad....not doing too good in college though...I am like a b- student here..

Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shadow2K6
whackmypinata said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:

How about you guys?"

Grades can correspond with intelligence based that if you're smart, you'll want a good future."

Some people really can't help it. 

Me for example.  When I was in high school I would get Bs, but mostly Cs and Ds.  Guidance didn't understand it since I mostly got As on my tests.  Then they made me go get diagnosed in 11th grade.  Turns out I have ADD to a chronic level.  It was also the fact I wasn't being "challenged enough".  For example I was mostly in on-level classes in high school.  In my senior year they threw me in a CP Class and got a A.  Yeah not much of a achievement but going from a C in on-level to a A in CP is.   So just because someone is smart doesn't mean they will get good grades.  Sometimes you don't apply yourself if the material is too easy.

As far as kids who do get As in high school and who do average on SATs and ACTs.  They're overachievers simple as that.  They're not smart.  I think its pretty sad my GPA was 2.7 in high school yet I scored higher on the SATs and ACTs then most people in AP classes.

Now as far as grades go now (in college).  I have a 3.7 GPA .  I'm basically one of those people who didn't really try in high school and went to college and got amazing grades.
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By adam_grif

As an Australian I have no idea what "GPA" is, nor "ACTs". I'm in year 12 this year, final exams in 3 weeks. I'm on track for an "Exceptional Achievement" award (meaning across 10 Criterion, 9 were A's) in "Psychology" and "Religion & Philosophy". Computer Science and English Writing, I am on track for a "Commendable Achievement" (Mostly B's).

My teachers hate on me because they know I'm not trying as hard as I can. But to be honest, nobody really does. Rarely do homework, which annoys some teachers.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Black_Raven

Meh, i suck at school work, its not that I find it hard, quite the opposite actually, all my classes are easy and boring, I just don't spend enough time doing the work and just do my own thing instead. I have exams coming up in just over three weeks, and atm I would fail all of them, but just like all the years before afew weeks of study should be enough for me to pass them all with reasonable results.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I'm that student who made it a habit to never do any homework or study.

Really biting me in the ass in college.

Jesus_Juice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jesus_Juice

I got straight A's in high school. College is kicking my ass, though.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By Jayge_

Straight A's at the moment, no effort.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By kush

As of right now I am having quite the easy time with school...no problems at all.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

nah i suck

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheJollyRajah

In high school, I just muddled my way through, but it wasn't until I reached college that I understood the importance of working hard in school.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By adam_grif

Just to clarify, what do people mean when they say "College"? In Australian usage, College refers to year 11 and 12 of what Americans call "high school" (here "high school" is 7-10, "primary school" is 1-6). Is it correct that in American usage, it means "university"?

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheJollyRajah
adam_grif said:
"Just to clarify, what do people mean when they say "College"? In Australian usage, College refers to year 11 and 12 of what Americans call "high school" (here "high school" is 7-10, "primary school" is 1-6). Is it correct that in American usage, it means "university"?"
In the United States, colleges and universities are different, but they're basically the same. (Hard to explain. XD!)

Really, a College is a school that specializes in certain degrees, while a University is a collection of Colleges.

We never refer to high schools as colleges, though.
KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KillaMaStA

not bad, B+ average i think.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RandomHero666

I think im pretty Intelligent, i just lack any real enthusiam.
I did well in primary skool (A in 11+)
Did shit in Secondary Skool, mainly cos i never paid attention to the teachers and got in trouble alot. Got Suspended twice, for non violent reasons.
My brief time in Tech aka College saw me getting every question in a test correct, the only person to have done so in quite a while i heard.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#47  Edited By citizenkane

I should get all As(I did up through high school), but I manage to get a few B+s due to not caring much for those classes.

krazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By krazychris

I do not bad but I just can't apply myself. Although what annoys me is that I'm good at the subjects which don't get a high budget (execpt for english but I can't take that because I had to retake Maths) for example My computing teacher would like us to do the multimedia project but instead we have to do the boring networking project because the budget isn't sufficent to buy the video cameras and other software. As for grades last year I got a B in Higher english a D in higher modern studies and an A for int 2 computing this year I'm taking Higher history, Higher Maths, Higher computing and higher business managment.

Anyone got any tips for getting into some sort of study routine or anything?

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RandomHero666
krazychris said:
"I do not bad but I just can't apply myself. Although what annoys me is that I'm good at the subjects which don't get a high budget (execpt for english but I can't take that because I had to retake Maths) for example My computing teacher would like us to do the multimedia project but instead we have to do the boring networking project because the budget isn't sufficent to buy the video cameras and other software. As for grades last year I got a B in Higher english a D in higher modern studies and an A for int 2 computing this year I'm taking Higher history, Higher Maths, Higher computing and higher business managment.

Anyone got any tips for getting into some sort of study routine or anything?"
just get into the right frame of mind, if i could go back to secondary skool, id work my fucking arse off. Only having a few GCSE's makes gettin a decent job next to impossible
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By crunchUK

inconsistently good. i just don't do any work