I really don't .... its a game website

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Commando

I think it's OT, so we can talk about whatever the fuck we want.

So yes, to answer your question.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By turbomonkey138
Commando said:
"I think it's OT, so we can talk about whatever the fuck we want."
Im just asking your opinion dude . No need to swear at me .
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By trophyhunter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Suicrat
Commando said:
"I think it's OT, so we can talk about whatever the fuck we want.

So yes, to answer your question.
"
Wisdom, when accompanied by vulgarity, is always worth quoting.
Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gmanall

If people don't want to see it they don't have to click. If things get to out of control, like making a billion Obama threads then it should be limited 

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Commando

I mean, it's Off-Topic, the one place we shouldn't talk about video games. What do you want us to talk about in Off-Topic? Music is only entertaining for about 1 thread per week. Funny YouTube videos get old after you've seen them all. Rick Rolling is stupid. Religion is fun, sometimes. The weather isn't interesting to discuss unless it's a catastrophe, or a once every 100 years event. There are only so many movies in existence. So what do you want us to talk about in Off-Topic. We get moderated for talking about video games here unless it's about people trying to ban video games, but that's political so you don't want us to talk about it. "Say something about the user above you" is worthless. "Answer above, ask below" is just as worthless, it's for spamming. 

Unless you want OT to be filled with dating advice and 'feel sorry for myself' threads, then we need OT to really be Off-Topic, like it was intended.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By turbomonkey138
Commando said:
"I mean, it's Off-Topic, the one place we shouldn't talk about video games. What do you want us to talk about in Off-Topic? Music is only entertaining for about 1 thread per week. Funny YouTube videos get old after you've seen them all. Rick Rolling is stupid. Religion is fun, sometimes. The weather isn't interesting to discuss unless it's a catastrophe, or a once every 100 years event. There are only so many movies in existence. So what do you want us to talk about in Off-Topic. We get moderated for talking about video games here unless it's about people trying to ban video games, but that's political so you don't want us to talk about it. "Say something about the user above you" is worthless. "Answer above, ask below" is just as worthless, it's for spamming. 

Unless you want OT to be filled with dating advice and 'feel sorry for myself' threads, then we need OT to really be Off-Topic, like it was intended.
"
I think you misunderstood by thread M.R. angry gamer . I never told anyone that they could not talk about polotics e.t.c . Infact the thread says

Do you think Giantbomb is a place for political discussion

Im only asking your opinion .

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Commando
turbomonkey138 said:
"Commando said:
"I mean, it's Off-Topic, the one place we shouldn't talk about video games. What do you want us to talk about in Off-Topic? Music is only entertaining for about 1 thread per week. Funny YouTube videos get old after you've seen them all. Rick Rolling is stupid. Religion is fun, sometimes. The weather isn't interesting to discuss unless it's a catastrophe, or a once every 100 years event. There are only so many movies in existence. So what do you want us to talk about in Off-Topic. We get moderated for talking about video games here unless it's about people trying to ban video games, but that's political so you don't want us to talk about it. "Say something about the user above you" is worthless. "Answer above, ask below" is just as worthless, it's for spamming. 

"
I think you misunderstood by thread M.R. angry gamer . I never told anyone that they could not talk about polotics e.t.c . Infact the thread says

"
And you said, "I really don't [think it's a place for political discussion]". So I was disagreeing with you, and backing up my point with more details as to why I think political discussion is perfectly acceptable in Off-Topic.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By turbomonkey138
Commando said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"Commando said:

"

"
And you said, "I really don't [think it's a place for political discussion]". So I was disagreeing with you, and backing up my point with more details as to why I think political discussion is perfectly acceptable in Off-Topic.
"
I'm just tired of finding the same old topics every time i click on the forum . Mainly hate or political threads .
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Why not? The off topic forum is there for a reason. To talk about things other than games. If you don't want to get involved in political discussions, just ignore them. They're not doing you any harm.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By turbomonkey138
MattyFTM said:
"Why not? The off topic forum is there for a reason. To talk about things other than games. If you don't want to get involved in political discussions, just ignore them. They're not doing you any harm."
Guess your right . But its like seeing homeless people on the street asking you for money . You can ignore them but there still there .
Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gmanall
turbomonkey138 said:
"MattyFTM said:
"Why not? The off topic forum is there for a reason. To talk about things other than games. If you don't want to get involved in political discussions, just ignore them. They're not doing you any harm."
Guess your right . But its like seeing homeless people on the street asking you for money . You can ignore them but there still there ."
And then you can smile at night that they are sleeping under a bridge cold and helpless because you didn't help then and then they will die slowly.e
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By turbomonkey138
Gmanall said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"MattyFTM said:
Guess your right . But its like seeing homeless people on the street asking you for money . You can ignore them but there still there ."
And then you can smile at night that they are sleeping under a bridge cold and helpless because you didn't help then and then they will die slowly.e"
They can go to a shelter if they want . Well thyey can in the U.K. at least
Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gmanall
turbomonkey138 said:
"Gmanall said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"MattyFTM said:
And then you can smile at night that they are sleeping under a bridge cold and helpless because you didn't help then and then they will die slowly.e"
They can go to a shelter if they want . Well thyey can in the U.K. at least"
Nope they will all die because of you, and that is the truth.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By turbomonkey138
Gmanall said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"Gmanall said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"MattyFTM said:
Nope they will all die because of you, and that is the truth. "
LOL ...... Oh well atleast i can buy my golden  toothpaste made with child's tears
Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gmanall
turbomonkey138 said:
"Gmanall said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"Gmanall said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"MattyFTM said:
LOL ...... Oh well atleast i can buy my golden  toothpaste made with child's tears"
An my 42 inch HD TV that was made with chopped up homeless pleople.(Don't ask me how)
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#19  Edited By Vinchenzo

I think political and religion threads don't belong here. It's just a bunch of bullshit.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By turbomonkey138
Gmanall said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"Gmanall said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"Gmanall said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"MattyFTM said:
LOL ...... Oh well atleast i can buy my golden  toothpaste made with child's tears"
An my 42 inch HD TV that was made with chopped up homeless pleople.(Don't ask me how) "
Must smell when it gets hott
Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gmanall
turbomonkey138 said:
"Gmanall said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"Gmanall said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"Gmanall said:
"turbomonkey138 said:
"MattyFTM said:
An my 42 inch HD TV that was made with chopped up homeless pleople.(Don't ask me how) "
Must smell when it gets hott"
Yeah and some how bugs keep getting in there
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crunchUK

lol....

If you voted no... you can always, you know.... NOT CLICK ON THE THREAD?!?!?

lol retards

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By turbomonkey138
crunchUK said:
"lol....If you voted no... you can always, you know.... NOT CLICK ON THE THREAD?!?!?lol retards"
Your the reason why i leave a STFU !!!  option
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By BoG

Off Topic forum is for off topic discussions. Politics is off topic, so it's valid. As long as it isn't useless spam, offensive, or something providing zero discussion value then it is welcome on the GB off topic forum. If you don't like it, feel free to turn off the off topic, and you won't have to see it. Giant Bomb is a gaming site, and video game discussion takes precedent, but off topic discussion is totally ok. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be an OT board.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gmanall
BoG said:
"Off Topic forum is for off topic discussions. Politics is off topic, so it's valid. As long as it isn't useless spam, offensive, or something providing zero discussion value then it is welcome on the GB off topic forum. If you don't like it, feel free to turn off the off topic, and you won't have to see it. Giant Bomb is a gaming site, and video game discussion takes precedent, but off topic discussion is totally ok. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be an OT board."
Yay mod totally agree with you on that.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pause422

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks on this subject, we've had like a hundred political/religious threads already and I'm sure only more and more will come...as Bog said, long as its in off topic its completely fine. I mean, we have a forum on Hamburgers, it hardly matters if something is a bit off topic of video games once in a while :P

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gmanall
pause422 said:
"It doesn't matter what anyone thinks on this subject, we've had like a hundred political/religious threads already and I'm sure only more and more will come...as Bog said, long as its in off topic its completely fine. I mean, we have a forum on Hamburgers, it hardly matters if something is a bit off topic of video games once in a while :P"
Again agreed and well said
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By Claude

Yes, I left my comment in my old poll.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By VWGTI
Meltbrain said:
"No, not really. It can be with the right people, but the majority of the time it turns into an awful discussion."
I agree.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Off-topic means off-topic means off-topic . Any subject is allowed to be discussed by members in Off-topic forum including politics . You do not like it , you do not read it !!!!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HandsomeDead

GiantBomb is a place for anything (within reason) but seeing as a majority of the posters are 15, political discussions and other serious topics aren't really going to get anywhere.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Virago
HandsomeDead said:
"GiantBomb is a place for anything (within reason) but seeing as a majority of the posters are 15, political discussions and other serious topics aren't really going to get anywhere."
Word. It's fun to occasionally* talk about stupid things, politics included, because it's a community and that's what communities do. Also, hate on each other. That's key.

*and by occasionally I mean all the time
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Pie

Of course

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Drebin_893
HandsomeDead said:
"GiantBomb is a place for anything (within reason) but seeing as a majority of the posters are 15, political discussions and other serious topics aren't really going to get anywhere."
But sweeping generalisations are A-OK?
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HandsomeDead
Drebin_893 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
But sweeping generalisations are A-OK?"
Just calling it like I see it.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Drebin_893

I'm 15, I like to think I contribute to religious discussion aswell as political discussion. But, fair enough.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By super_machine

The point of OT is to talk about stuff that is off topic of the main theme of the website. SO yeah, I think its ok.

Cuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cuddy

Yes we can Discuss politic but its is supposed to be Game related politic like "this moron of a politican wants to ban all games! what do we think of that?!"

other then that politics doesnt really have a place here.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By RHCPfan24

Yes, I think anything can belong in the "off-topic" section. Giant Bomb is mixed with people who know what they are talking about and have no clue, but most of the topics are pretty in-depth and get deep into discussion. Some of them can be quite thoughtful. I would say it is a good thing to have to spruce things up, but it shouldn't be overwhelming (it isn't).

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By Pkshields

I voted no. This is a generally light hearted site with a very intelligent community. Political talk usually ends in an argument, not a discussion.