Do you think the mods are doing a goodjob?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pleasureizmine

I have had my problems, returning from the realm of permaban I have come back to mostly dead forum and in talking to other users they believe the mods have become over zealous in there censorship. For me I see a major void or splinter in the direction and attitude of the mods. Would you guys agree, do you like the direction the forum is heading in?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I think they're doing a great job. Everything I've seen them lock or delete has been 100% justified.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Bulldog19892

No they're not, because you're still here ItalyCanadian9.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By atejas
Bulldog19892 said:
"No they're not because you're still here ItalyCanadian9."
Pleasureizmine said:
returning from the realm of permaban
not so perma is it?
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brukaoru

The mods were really open to letting the community thread be created and I think that is a step in the right direction for this forum. WAYLT was closed, but a Music Discussion thread was created, which is much better than posting what you are listening to without saying anything else.  I do think posting youtube videos without saying anything in your post is spam, it doesn't create much discussion if you just post a video without saying a word about it.

I think the forums are headed towards the right direction, especially since someone PMed Brad and he said they would be getting someone to handle the community aspect of the GB, that will be great.

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pleasureizmine

I think giving the community more power in moderationa would be a change for the better, for example the ability to delete a post, but X amount of users report it as the same. Hence truly giving the community the ability to moderate itself. The community would dicate and decide the direction of the forums, instead of a 10 or so users.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bulldog19892
Pleasureizmine said:
"I think giving the community more power in moderationa would be a change for the better, for example the ability to delete a post, but X amount of users report it as the same. Hence truly giving the community the ability to moderate itself. The community would dicate and decide the direction of the forums, instead of a 10 or so users."
...what?
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

From what I've seen the forums have been fine. The mods rules here are quite casual but in the case of real jerks they've always got banned. Coming from Gamespot.com I'm very happy to have a forum where you don't get a 1 week ban from power-abusing mods for using the word poo.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Pleasureizmine said:
"I think giving the community more power in moderationa would be a change for the better, for example the ability to delete a post, but X amount of users report it as the same. Hence truly giving the community the ability to moderate itself. The community would dicate and decide the direction of the forums, instead of a 10 or so users."
But then during less busy times on the forums it might take a couple of hours for a post to get enough users to report it to be deleted.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead

I didn't like them closing my haircut thread, but it was justified so yeah, the mods here seem to be doing a bang up job.

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pleasureizmine
MattyFTM said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
But then during less busy times on the forums it might take a couple of hours for a post to get enough users to report it to be deleted."
Granted but the same can be said for mods being gone, also I do not believe the set number needs to be very high, I think 3 would be more then plenty.
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By tekmojo

power hasn't gone to their heads yet, give it some time

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pleasureizmine

Seems most of the users posting in here are more recent joiners of the forum.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Pleasureizmine said:
"MattyFTM said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
But then during less busy times on the forums it might take a couple of hours for a post to get enough users to report it to be deleted."
Granted but the same can be said for mods being gone, also I do not believe the set number needs to be very high, I think 3 would be more then plenty."
Well then it isn't really the entire community moderating if just 3 people need to report it, it would be just a tiny proportion of the community.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pleasureizmine

Thats what the current +- is set to I believe -3 and it gets reported to the mods

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Black_Rose

Before yesterday i hated them. Now i love them

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Pleasureizmine said:
"Thats what the current +- is set to I believe -3 and it gets reported to the mods"

Yeah, but you still need the mods to govern it, having it be automatically deleted when 3 users - it could lead to allot of abuse.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pleasureizmine
atejas said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
"No they're not because you're still here ItalyCanadian9."
Pleasureizmine said:
returning from the realm of permaban
not so perma is it?"
Not it was a perma ban until my scarlet knight apologized and returned me
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By kush

I have never had a problem with the mods and don't think they are too strict etc...I have mentioned to others that I think a BS type thread should be put back into existence with strict rules. If you break the rules you get 3 strikes...1st strike: 1 week bad, 2nd strike: 1 month ban, 3rd strike: Permanent ban. I feel like the closure of the BS thread is where most of the mod-hate comes from, but I don't have any bad feeling towards the mods at all.

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pleasureizmine
MattyFTM said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"Thats what the current +- is set to I believe -3 and it gets reported to the mods"

Yeah, but you still need the mods to govern it, having it be automatically deleted when 3 users - it could lead to allot of abuse."
I never said we did not need mods, we always will. It could work just like the +- system but when you click them it ask for a reason spamming,trolling,flooding ect
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#21  Edited By wefwefasdf

The mods have been great to me! Keep up the great work guys!

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Black_Rose
Kush said:
"I have never had a problem with the mods and don't think they are too strict etc...I have mentioned to others that I think a BS type thread should be put back into existence with strict rules. If you break the rules you get 3 strikes...1st strike: 1 week bad, 2nd strike: 1 month ban, 3rd strike: Permanent ban. I feel like the closure of the BS thread is where most of the mod-hate comes from, but I don't have any bad feeling towards the mods at all."
We've already found alternatives to BS, the hate is (or was in my case) for other things
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By Vaxadrin

The mods haven't done anything to make me actually take offense, so I have no problems with them.

I think this place just needs more interesting topics.  The kind of stuff they're locking/deleting won't really be missed by anybody.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By clubsandwich

I think they're doing a great job, definitely better than those GS nazis.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nude_Dude

Let's break it down:

Pros:

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kush
    Black_Rose said:
    "We've already found alternatives to BS, the hate is (or was in my case) for other things"
    Well since the whole BS issue I didn't really want to do the whole PM thing of IRC so I wouldn't know about any new things that have been discussed...I only remember what was initially discussed.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    Pleasureizmine said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "Pleasureizmine said:

Yeah, but you still need the mods to govern it, having it be automatically deleted when 3 users - it could lead to allot of abuse."
    I never said we did not need mods, we always will. It could work just like the +- system but when you click them it ask for a reason spamming,trolling,flooding ect"
    The way you were talking it sounded like you wanted the community to moderate itself and once it gets reported 3 times the post gets deleted.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kush
    Nude_Dude said:
    Cons:
    • Sometimes no mod is here, and especially at rough times such as MolestBoys' spam attack on every topic. Somebody has to be here and keep an eye on, mod, except from a privilege, is also a duty and requires responsibility.
    I do agree with this...it would seem that the late night/early morning and morning in general is modless at times.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    Nude_Dude said:
    • Some insanely awesome threads were also closed, like the Hot Girl Sexy Pics, or some other ones, with a blank "I'm sorry but I'm locking it" message. Not cool.
    Wasn't the deletion of the sexy pics thread decided by the staff? And I'm sure some of the other major deletions (e.g. BS and WAYLT) were done with the consultation of Jeff and the guys too. Yet I've never herd anyone criticizing the staff. Why do people always criticize the mods when its not necessarily them deciding this stuff?
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vaxadrin

If you guy vote for me for mod, I will go about unlocking threads, and creating stupid posts to replace deleted ones.

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pleasureizmine
    MattyFTM said:
    "Nude_Dude said:
    • Some insanely awesome threads were also closed, like the Hot Girl Sexy Pics, or some other ones, with a blank "I'm sorry but I'm locking it" message. Not cool.
    Wasn't the deletion of the sexy pics thread decided by the staff? And I'm sure some of the other major deletions (e.g. BS and WAYLT) were done with the consultation of Jeff and the guys too. Yet I've never herd anyone criticizing the staff. Why do people always criticize the mods when its not necessarily them deciding this stuff?"
    Serious question..... are you related to Karmum, I am just wondering.... ARE YOU???!!!
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Endogene
    Kush said:
    "Nude_Dude said:
    Cons:
    • Sometimes no mod is here, and especially at rough times such as MolestBoys' spam attack on every topic. Somebody has to be here and keep an eye on, mod, except from a privilege, is also a duty and requires responsibility.
    I do agree with this...it would seem that the late night/early morning and morning in general is modless at times."
    giant bomb doesnt have any full time mods, they should i guess.
    All (most of) the mods are mods on their free will.
    Anyway time will fix that im sure
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By brukaoru
    MattyFTM said:
    "Nude_Dude said:
    Wasn't the deletion of the sexy pics thread decided by the staff? And I'm sure some of the other major deletions (e.g. BS and WAYLT) were done with the consultation of Jeff and the guys too. Yet I've never herd anyone criticizing the staff. Why do people always criticize the mods when its not necessarily them deciding this stuff?"
    Because the mods are easier to blame. Actually everyone will blame just one mod, but I've been told several times that a deletion of a major thread is a decision of many mods, not just one. Also, I don't think a thread filled with random pictures of people is very productive. Every post would just be "zomg, hawt" and another picture added.

Vaxadrin said:
    "If you guy vote for me for mod, I will go about unlocking threads, and creating stupid posts to replace deleted ones."
    Lol... I don't see you getting many votes. :P
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kush
    Vaxadrin said:
    "If you guy vote for me for mod, I will go about unlocking threads, and creating stupid posts to replace deleted ones."
    Then you obviously won't become a mod, nor would I want you as a mod. :P
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    Pleasureizmine said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "Nude_Dude said:
    Serious question..... are you related to Karmum, I am just wondering.... ARE YOU???!!!"
    No I'm not.
    Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pleasureizmine

I think bru would be a just mod like citizen kane a senuku

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By brukaoru
    Pleasureizmine said:
    "I think bru would be a just mod like citizen kane a senuku"
    Well, um, thanks I guess, lol. I don't know if I'd want to be a mod though.
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By atejas

They should nominate mods from other time zones.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Black_Rose

I would make a fantastic mod....

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pleasureizmine
    brukaoru said:
    "Pleasureizmine said:
    Well, um, thanks I guess, lol. I don't know if I'd want to be a mod though."
    Alot of hate comes with being a mod, unless your a badass mod like the above stated
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kush

I would make a fantastic mod because I'm easy to hate...people already hate me. Win/Win.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RandomHero666
    Pleasureizmine said:
    "brukaoru said:
    "Pleasureizmine said:
    Well, um, thanks I guess, lol. I don't know if I'd want to be a mod though."
    Alot of hate comes with being a mod, unless your a badass mod like the above stated"
    ooh, you're back :D

Party!!!1

Oh and yes, i do believe the mods are doin a good job, sometimes too good though
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Black_Rose
    Kush said:
    "I would make a fantastic mod because I'm easy to hate...people already hate me. Win/Win."
    I do hate you, so you're right
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vaxadrin
    Kush said:
    "Then you obviously won't become a mod, nor would I want you as a mod. :P"
    I'm now running on the Ban Kush platform.
    Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pleasureizmine

lols

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gunraidan
    Gamer_152 said:
    "From what I've seen the forums have been fine. The mods rules here are quite casual but in the case of real jerks they've always got banned. Coming from Gamespot.com I'm very happy to have a forum where you don't get a 1 week ban from power-abusing mods for using the word poo."
    My thoughts exactly. A real pity that more people don't come here.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By Hamz

I hear the Mods do a great job <.<

Looking through the replies its cool to see people supporting us, we appreciate it :)

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Vaxadrin
    Hamz said:
    "I hear the Mods do a great job <.<"
    Bias!
    Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pleasureizmine
    Hamz said:
    "I hear the Mods do a great job <.<

Looking through the replies its cool to see people supporting us, we appreciate it :)"
    Hello there >__>, I do have to admit the overall job has been good, I would change a few things if i could such as BS, WAYLT and a little less censorship
    Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pleasureizmine
    Tarsier said:
    "Some of the mods are cool, but it's irritating when your topics get locked because of the mods personal opinion that it belongs as a "blog". It's one of my huge pet peeves when people arrogantly say "blog it", cause what the fuck is a forum for if not to discuss things? This is a forum not a blog site. If someone wants to post something and talk about it, leave them be and don't lock it because of your personal opinion and then claim it was a group decision. That's just dumb. I'm not naming any names but.. yeah, they shouldn't just close topics when they feel like it. Pisses me off. "
    Valid points, I disapprove when they lock news threads, its a OFF TOPIC forum many of the articles posted I find very interesting and wish to comment on only to find them locked.