Does anyone care about this Royal Wedding thing?

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By SpacePenguin

Im British and dont give a fuck, but Im  surprised about how much the media in other countries is going on about it.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#152  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Not really.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By Animasta
@XII_Sniper said:
" As a Canadian I'm pissed with all the media attention this is getting. Sure we're a former colony, but one would think we'd have forged some kind of national identity by now. But no, we're still stuck halfway between Britain and the States, culturally. There's not much for us to be proud of anyway, Canada's a pretty boring country. But all this royal wedding business, and us rolling out the red carpet when the queen visits just serves to remind me how little culture this country has of it's own.  "
don't worry, the US is covering it all to hell too. Quite annoying really
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I will care if there are any explosions that wipe out the majority of the "royal" family.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By MikkaQ
@Laketown: Yeah but our tax-funded national broadcasting co. is blaring this crap non-stop. I could always tune into CNN, but yeah they've been covering it too, though they haven't been dedicating as much time as we have been. 
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By gamefreak9

i really don't see the difference between this wedding and hollywood weddings, same shallow pricks... just now with a crown. Although admittedly i was FAR more interested in Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitts coming together,heres the math:

a very hot woman + a talented actor > a very hot woman + some no talent/power/skill/intellect rich kid. 
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#157  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

No I don't.

Pink_o_mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Pink_o_mat

The only people who now how to stage a great show with the royals are french!
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By MeierTheRed

No! i'm Danish we have our royal family and i care just as little for them as i do for British royal people. I just want it to be over with so they can actually air something else than wedding shit.

positrark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By positrark

I realize that a royal wedding is clearly not the thing that appeals to young males but geez. I don't care too much about this personally, but I know that my mother for example has taken the day off tomorrow to watch the wedding on TV. A large portion of middle aged and elderly women love this stuff because of the tradition and glamour involved, and is it really that weird that the wedding of the heir to the throne of the most important monarchy in the world is well publicised? And why are they "shallow prics" that deserve to be wiped out by explosions? Because they seem like nice people who are in love and mostly do good deeds. Yes they do need to be puniched for all those things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bce12b22bc03
deactivated-5bce12b22bc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much every Brit is complaining about the wedding, but we'll all end up watching it anyway. We always do. It's a British thing.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162  Edited By Lemegeton

nope the royal family are leeches. many people in the UK are sick of them.
the media is making this out to be a much bigger deal than it is

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By MikkaQ
@Positrark said:
" and is it really that weird that the wedding of the heir to the throne of the most important monarchy in the world is well publicised? . "
Yes because it's 2011, and monarchies were a joke... 50 years ago. 

Also most important monarchy? To who, exactly? They have no power, the king of Saudia Arabia is much more important given he actually controls the country. 
chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#164  Edited By chstupid

My mom does

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By HandsomeDead

No one at all, anywhere, cares; that's why the Canadian coverage begins at 3am EST precisely.

Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Synaptic

Enough to say that I don't.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#167  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

I DON'T GIVE

A FLYING

FUCK

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#168  Edited By Gabriel

Class envy up in this bitch. 

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By J12088
@XII_Sniper said:
" @Positrark said:
" and is it really that weird that the wedding of the heir to the throne of the most important monarchy in the world is well publicised? . "
Yes because it's 2011, and monarchies were a joke... 50 years ago. 

Also most important monarchy? To who, exactly? They have no power, the king of Saudia Arabia is much more important given he actually controls the country. 
"
You'd be surprised how much influence they still have. They have no power over this country but they have a lot of political power. As out dated as you and others might think queens and kings are if one was to ring you up you don't just ignore them. It'd be a bit like Obama phoning me up and me blanking him or ignoring a request he asks of me.

Not only is it a bad idea you'd piss away relations with that country. As for the wedding. I don't care. I'll be working that day. I'm not against it either. It'll make more money than it costs.
Zehydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Zehydra

As an American, I could  care less.  It's just a flamboyant display of excess, sacrificing any real meaning of a wedding for this "royal" couple.

Chindie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#172  Edited By Chindie

The UK Monarchy does maintain some genuine constitutional power, it's wrong to say they have no power at all. It is at their approval that Parliament is opened and dissolved, and they can do that at any time they like for example. It is however very very very unlikely the reigning monarch would dissolve Parliament without damn good reason, and if they did they would likely find that power taken from them as soon as possible, but none the less the power remains and indeed is used constantly, just in a ceremonial role at the behest of a Prime Minister.

And they have a few others that again generally are used ceremonially but in theory can be used at their discretion for whatever benefit. There is just a tacit understanding that they don't.

There is also the power that comes with their status, wealth and contacts - they are able to pressure some policy (usually not terribly important stuff) through the House of Lords, though generally there is little heard about that as nobody cares.

And of course they are used a foreign relations puppet.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Karl_Boss

Not at all, I'm sick of the all the news coverage on it.
Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#174  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I know I sure don't.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#175  Edited By JJGIANT

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Subjugation

I never cared and never understood why anyone else should. To be honest, the sheer volume of media coverage has straight up made me angry. I cannot wait for it to be over.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By DougQuaid

I bought eight of those knock-off Royal Wedding rings and I wear one on each finger. Ballin'.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#178  Edited By gingertastic_10

It causes my last name is mentioned all the time. So I'm cool with that.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#179  Edited By damnboyadvance

Let's see...

• This wedding doesn't seem to affect me in any direct and significant way.
  • The wedding starts at 6am where I live.
  • I still have to go to school.

Yeah, I really don't care about this wedding.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you go to the BBC News homepage (on a small screened netbook like mine) all you see is wedding news. Then you scroll down and read about 280 people dying in tornadoes and a suicide bombing. The Media really, really sucks sometimes.

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Vestigial_Man

I make it my business to exactly why our Government feels it has reason enough to deprive me of a valuable days education... Naw, but I do get my fourth long weekend in a row because of the national holiday.

Random88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Random88

I don't care at all about the wedding and am annoyed by all the news coverage.  I only watch the news for about half an hour every morning from 7am to 7:30am before I head to college and in that time they talk about nothing but the royal wedding even the weather segment talks mostly about the predictions for the Friday's weather.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By FritzDude

There's a wedding?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By fattony12000

No Caption Provided
@billnyethesciencepie said:
" Jesus, mad props to whoever bumped up this old cunt of a thread "
That would be me, sexy sexy me.
spudtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By spudtastic

No. And it's not that they aren't nice people, or that there is no significance to a relationship of a nation's leaders, but it soooo minimizes the importance of "the little people" in the scheme of things. Also, people in the USA aren't interested cuz it's just not about ~here~.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Azteck

I couldn't care less.

GamesWarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By GamesWarden
@ShaneDev said:
"  I ain't British so I dont give a shit but the government there seems to be trying to use it as a sort of day of national pride or some shit which seems silly.  I would hate to live in a country with any kind of government funded royal family, I mean paying someone from the taxpayers money for no other reason than they were born into a certain family seems stupid. "
I'm no royalist, but I think on a purely economical basis, we probably get good value out of the royals. for the amount they cost, they bring in a huge amount of money through tourism. I think it also gives the nation a unique quality and draws attention to our long history.  I'm far more tolerant of them than I am of our current crop of MPs, or any of the thieving bank CEOs. 

I'd like to say I'd rather have the Royals than a corrupt and ridiculous government like the US had to put up with under Bush - but then we had Tony Blair at the time who was just as bad.
beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By beeftothetaco

I don't. The only reason why so many American tv networks (namely TLC) are covering it is to get a serious viewer boost, the target audience being single mothers.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#190  Edited By Red12b

...no
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By HitmanAgent47

not really, I don't care about imbred illuminati weddings.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@billnyethesciencepie:  I don't care to much about weddings of people I know let alone some one I don't. This one in particular though I am finding real annoying. Everywhere I turn people are talking about it like it is a big thing. I turn on the tv they are talking about it, I go online they are talking about it, I go to work the girls on the other side of me are talking about it like it is some amazing thing and how cool it would be to be a "princess". Haha and man I can even expressed how I felt when I finally got off work busted open a bottle of Crown Royal kicked my shoes off and turned on my 360 to bust up some guys in Mortal Kombat. I turn on my xbox and what do I see The Royal Wedding Celebrate with Xbox Live.......man. Oh well though anyone want to get down in some Mortal Kombat hit me up on xbox live Shawnee B Goode.
Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#193  Edited By Bigheart711

I did, 'cause I'm bored as hell.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Lobster_Ear

Fuck royalty.

Chrisbot84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Chrisbot84

Fuck. No.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i cant believe billions of people still gave a shit about monarchy... 

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#197  Edited By xpgamer7

I never did, never will and never have cared.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Couldn't give less of a fuck about the actual wedding, but apparently this is costing tax payers a lot of money, which is worrisome.

Ocean_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Ocean_H

2 billion people watched it. That's logically more than people who are aware and don't care.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By TwoOneFive
@billnyethesciencepie said:
" In case youve been living under a pretty goddamn thick rock, Prince William and his, admittedly fucking hot, girlfriend are getting married.  But, I  have to ask, am i alone or does anyone else not give a flying fuck about this wedding? (InB4Herpderpsaysguywhomadetopic)  It sounds like its being donee to draw attention away from the retirement age being wage and other issues facing britain to this multi-million dollar dick waving contest.  Or is it because im just crazy? "
actually i didnt know they were getting married. nor did i even know his name was harry. and after having looked it up after reading some of this thread... his wife is OK. shes a fucking twig.