Does anyone care about this Royal Wedding thing?

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By 02sfraser

Well William will be our next king so technically she will be on the throne with me. But no I don't care. I don't think anyone really does. It's just a bit of happy news to make people a bit happier

beef_melody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By beef_melody

Nope!

Monty344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By Monty344
@billnyethesciencepie said:

" In case youve been living under a pretty goddamn thick rock, Prince William and his, admittedly fucking hot, girlfriend are getting married. "

Or living in America where people really don't care about royal families. I think if you mention the royal family here in America to a large enough crowd they be come a mob .
Sanity_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Sanity_Crash
@Monty144 said:
" @billnyethesciencepie said:

" In case youve been living under a pretty goddamn thick rock, Prince William and his, admittedly fucking hot, girlfriend are getting married. "

Or living in America where people really don't care about royal families. I think if you mention the royal family here in America to a large enough crowd they be come a mob ."

Yea, America doesn't care about Royalty.. or any such nonsense, but they do love to put their god damn celebrities on a fucking pedestal not so much like royalty but like gods among men. Americans are equally stupid in this regard.
matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By matti00

I'm pro-Royal Family, not only do they bring in a lot of money from tourism, but there's a sense of Britishness about it that's something to be proud of, kinda like the NHS. Plus this wedding will give a much needed boost to the economy, I don't think anyone thought it'd be coming from commemorative plates however.
As to whether I care about the wedding, the day is being made into a national holiday. It's hard not to care.

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

I don't care, but the people complaining about how we have to pay for it are idiots. The whole thing's going to bring in some serious cash.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ShockD

No, I don't give an act of doing love. Kings and queens are out of fashion since 19th century, sorry.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By iam3green

nope, i must be under a rock. 

under a rock, i thought this was going to be about that stupid jersey shore wedding show. some station is going to have a show on quittos getting married and it was made by people that made jersey shore.

Psych0Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109  Edited By Psych0Penguin

I was pissed off to find that where, and when, they had chosen to get married was a bigger story than North Korea shelling South Korea this morning, on both BBC and Sky News. What's more important people?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By fattony12000

Royal Families were great back in the 17th and 18th centuries, when we had proper big wars and there were empires to rule. These days they serve no real purpose to the general public.  

Victoria was serious business though...

Wha gawn? 
Wha gawn? 
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#111  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Apparently the United States is located under a pretty goddamn thick rock.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By fattony12000

It's here.

Three day working week followed by a four day weekend followed by a four day working week = awesome

I'm going to eat lots of party rings and play Shogun 2 (I was the guy who spoke to Dave on his radio show, I was on after Will)

YOU MARCH A BIG BUNCH OF DUDES UP TO ANOTHER BIG BUNCH OF DUDES!

2.5 stars

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#113  Edited By PerryVandell

Nope, but I'm sure there are millions of others who are. 

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By craigbo180
@Fattony12000 said:
" !2.5 stars "
Point 5? Around here we don't use half stars, go back to gamebomb!
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By FourWude

I hope the govt doesn't try to pull some "stunt" this weekend if you know what I mean. 

You know what I mean. I got a feeling something is gonna happen. Can't let a big event like this pass by without utilising it to the fullest. 

That's all I'm saying.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By fattony12000
Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#117  Edited By Mars_Cleric

I think Will and Kate care about the wedding

my parents want to watch it, I don't really care

greengrunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By greengrunny

I really don't care about the wedding itself, or much about the Royal family.

Unlike most other people in the UK, I won't be getting the day off of work, as I work in the service industry. Same as every other bank holiday, national holiday or event. 
Believe me when I say that sucks, when all your friends get the day off to go out and have fun and such. :/

As well as this, people saying that the wedding will bring in tons of cash for the economy, have you considered to whom this money is going? It is most likely going in to bigger businesses who will end up retaining most of it as profit for themselves? 
The actual amount of revenue and profit made from this which will go back in to the UK economy will be very minimal at best. The propaganda from the government and the papers leads people to believe that the wedding will more than pay for itself, but, this is not realistic with regards to the way big businesses (who will see most money coming in to their hands) operate.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I'm in my land of convicts and I am sick of hearing about this wedding shit, fucking rage, it's all over the television and the internet. Some seriously bad stuff is going on in the world and the mainstream media is focused on this crap. Fuck, it's like I need to be a hipster for a week to get away from it all. When I happen to be near a radio or newspaper I am also exposed to it. If people want to focus on something that is not an important world event, they should play a videogame or ride a bike or whatever, not concentrate on some stranger's wedding. Also, even if you do care for some strange reason, why would the two words "Royal Wedding" not be enough, how can you get anything else from reading about it. You don't need to read about it because you already know what it is, just like my comment. Thank you OP for bringing this up and giving me a place to vent (I'm not actually pissed off, just think people are strange).

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Two points for Americans..

1. Yes, we fund the royal family through taxes, but they bring in a lot of tourism, etc, and an event like this proves it.  I'm not really one who agrees that they're a waste of space/money.
1. The Queen doesn't run the country, she actually has very little power at all.
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By fattony12000
Avatar image for delicious_brains
Delicious_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a resident of the UK I am proud to say that nobody gives a fuck about this wedding.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Quacktastic

Not really.  It's just something for people to pay attention to that isn't gloom and doom - I have video games for that.

@WinterSnowblind said:

" Yes, we fund the royal family through taxes, but they bring in a lot of tourism, etc, and an event like this proves it.  I'm not really one who agrees that they're a waste of space/money."

I heard something like 2 billion people are expected to watch this thing and I can't even properly process that.  They have to bring in more money than they cost.
Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Funkydupe

I'm not from the UK, but I think its great that countries have at least a couple of things that set it apart from all the rest. Like the red telephone booths and busses.. and their royal family which they really seem to take pride in. A symbol of empires past I guess. Britain rule the waves? I wish them all the best.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By time allen
@Geno said:
" Nope. And correct me if I'm wrong, but most British people don't look favorably to the Royal Family, as they consider them some relic of the past?  "
yup. nobody makes a fuss about it because they bring in a fair amount of cash, tho.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#126  Edited By Yummylee

If anything note worthy happens (AKA someone makes a fucking donkey out of him/herself) it'll be easy to locate afterwards.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#127  Edited By abdo

Don't care. There was a wedding for the crown princess here in Sweden that no one gave a damn about either. 

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#129  Edited By tebbit

You can't escape it on tv, every second ad is one for Royal Wedding coverage (which, living in NZ is naturally at ungodly hours).

Well... 8 AM.

But boy am I lazy.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#130  Edited By KaosAngel

As an American studying British culture through American TV, I have to say yes the British do care.  They keep talking about it, and why shouldn't they?  That chick is hot!  

I'd marry a girl like her any day of the week!

I don't think there's enough news!
thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By thebatmobile

The what?

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#132  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

FUCK NO

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@KaosAngel said:

" As an American studying British culture through American TV, I have to say yes the British do care.  They keep talking about it, and why shouldn't they?  That chick is hot!  

I'd marry a girl like her any day of the week!
I don't think there's enough news!
"

How can you possibly be studying British culture through American TV? I can't stress how deeply you're missing the point there.  How badly do you think Americans come off, based solely on TV, especially TV in other countries (hint: they do not come off favourably).
The media may make a big deal about it, but I have not met one single person over here that cares in the slightest.  Then again, I'm from Scotland.
Chindie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Chindie

As a British person, I don't give a flying fuck.

The idea of Royalty disgusts me. The coverage of this wedding, which has been pretty much inescapable if you watch the news in this country for 6 fucking months, has this vile undertone of us all needing to be vaguely thankful for these silver spoon crammed up their arse tossers, and how not liking the Royalty is somehow slightly un-patriotic, or un-British.

I don't care about any strangers wedding. I care even less about these fuckers. Neither will do a days work in their life. William goes off and plays Army sometimes, whoop-de-do. And she's been portrayed as some pauper come good - her parents are fucking millionaires, fuck off. Forgive me if I don't relate to either of these 2, or particularly like or feel thankful for either of them, or relish the prospect of *spit* becoming one of their 'Subjects' come his ascendance to the throne.

And this whole thing is just being used to further cement the idea that we just can't do without the royals, no, we'd collapse without them, become French, and nobody wants that.

There are people who care. There are people camping out on the route to get the best space to have these 2 toffs wave at them, their lives being so empty that having a man with a title wave at them will be a highlight of their entire existance on this planet. They'll wave their Union flags, and shout joy for people who will see more priviledge than their entire family ever will, like sad little fools.

No, tomorrow I won't be dragging out the bunting, I won't be watching, I won't be having  a street party, I won't let the whole event cloud my judgement as to the predicament of this country, and I won't let the whole thing make me think that the royals are a harmless thing we should like.

Edit - In fact the only thing I like about William is he supports the same football team as I do.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By teh_destroyer

No

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#138  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I'm gathering some friends and we shall sit around laughing at the aristocracy and drinking pimms, beer and, if it's a really shit day, vodka.

English weddings are the best :D
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By X19
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#140  Edited By Slaker117

I always find it really weird that the English still have royalty.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By BonOrbitz

No. I can't wait until this weekend is over so I don't have to hear about it anymore!

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By JoeMarsden

I'm English, and I couldn't give a shit. Just a free day off to me, which I'm pretty happy about. 

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Pinworm45

They're trying to make people give a shit, but most don't.

Also, monarchies still exist?

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

She doesn't have lips. Not that hot.

Not interested.
Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#145  Edited By MachoFantastico

No, and the majority of England doesn't really care. Yet still they throw it down our necks. 

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#146  Edited By fox01313

I do somewhat just because of the rarity of the event & being a fan of all things British/Irish/Scottish. Though gladly I'm not infatuated with the event like other people I know. Depending on what's going on I might check on things with the BBC America on that day to see some of it but I'm definitely not waking up early in the morning to catch all of the Royal Wedding.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By TorMasturba
@ShaneDev said:

"

I ain't British so I dont give a shit but the government there seems to be trying to use it as a sort of day of national pride or some shit which seems silly.  I would hate to live in a country with any kind of government funded royal family, I mean paying someone from the taxpayers money for no other reason than they were born into a certain family seems stupid.

"

I'm British and I completely agree, but on the other side our country gets alot of income from tourists who're in London and decide to go and tour houses and places owned/controlled by Royalty that actually brings in more than goes towards the paying for the family, plus they do a lot of charity stuff.

Also, I'm so fed up of seeing and hearing stuff about it, but we get a national, one time only this year, day off in "honour" of the wedding so I'm cool with that.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By WickedFather

)OMFGODZ something that happens once ever 20 to 30 years that actually brings moneeyz into the country and gets me a holiday - FUXXOR DATZ!!!!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By MikkaQ

As a Canadian I'm pissed with all the media attention this is getting. Sure we're a former colony, but one would think we'd have forged some kind of national identity by now. But no, we're still stuck halfway between Britain and the States, culturally. There's not much for us to be proud of anyway, Canada's a pretty boring country. But all this royal wedding business, and us rolling out the red carpet when the queen visits just serves to remind me how little culture this country has of it's own. 

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#150  Edited By EvilKatarn

Meh, I think I'd like to see how much they pretty up the bride, but wouldn't care any further. Anyway I have a national exam during the whole ordeal, so doesn't concern me that much.