Does anyone care about this Royal Wedding thing?

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Arbie

I rarely care about any wedding, so the wedding of two perfect strangers means fuck all to me. Not saying I dislike weddings, I just don't get excited about them.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

Maybe you're just trying to draw attention away from the fact that you're still a Magikarp!

Hoping to make a... "splash" with this topic?

Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By hunkaburningluv

nope, especially when the tax payer is going to pay the 20million for the security for the fucking thing.....

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ShaneDev

I ain't British so I dont give a shit but the government there seems to be trying to use it as a sort of day of national pride or some shit which seems silly.  I would hate to live in a country with any kind of government funded royal family, I mean paying someone from the taxpayers money for no other reason than they were born into a certain family seems stupid.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By inkerman

Actually the statistics I heard somewhere was that the wedding would make Britain 1 Billion pounds. Plus the obvious fact that the nation kind of needs a pick me up, and royals getting married is as good as any.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Nictel

There are probably at least two people that care. But I don't.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By GeekDown

No. We had the same shit here in Sweden this summer when the princess got married. It was fucking bullshit, our royal family doesn't serve any purpose at all and the damn wedding cost a fucking shitload of money. 

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hockeymask27

Is it bad I had to use google to even know what your talking about. I guess I must really care.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Geno

Nope. And correct me if I'm wrong, but most British people don't look favorably to the Royal Family, as they consider them some relic of the past? 

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StaticFalconar
@ShaneDev said:
"  I ain't British so I dont give a shit but the government there seems to be trying to use it as a sort of day of national pride or some shit which seems silly.  I would hate to live in a country with any kind of government funded royal family, I mean paying someone from the taxpayers money for no other reason than they were born into a certain family seems stupid. "
But its ingenius if you are the ones getting the money
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By animateria

I care! 

I wish you English people would just get rid of that pointless Royal family already!

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gargantuan

I doubt it. When the Swedish princess had her wedding the media was all over it but I don't know a single person who cared at all.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By WickedCestus

I had not even heard of it. Huh. I still don't really care. Two people getting married, Whoooooo.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I only know about this via Conan and Russell Brand.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By crusader8463

No. I think people who become obsessed with celebrities lives are some of the simplest people in the world. They are just people like anyone else, yet for some reason a bunch of idiots want headlines detailing every time one of them goes to take a shit or picks their nose.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jimbo

I'm pro-Royal, but weddings are boring as fuck at the best of times.  Extra day off will be worth it though.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By meteora

As someone who was made to do occasional push ups for her Highness Queen Elizabeth II during my times as a Cadet; I fucking care. 

Not really, but I'm interested in the details.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I hope it doesn't end with a divorce and the princess dying of Car Pool Tunnel Syndrome.  If it does at least we get to hear Sir Elton John sing Candle in the Wind again.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Malakhii

Me and Vince Vaughn are going to crash this wedding

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cnlmullen

What royal wedding? Or no, I don't care at all.

hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@Inkerman said:
" Actually the statistics I heard somewhere was that the wedding would make Britain 1 Billion pounds. Plus the obvious fact that the nation kind of needs a pick me up, and royals getting married is as good as any. "
the only pick me up we need is cameron getting his arse kicked out of number 10.......... 

I doubt it'll bring in 1 billion - but yeah I do reckon it will bring in some serious cash, but to be fair, when it'll cost 20 million to us taxpayers for the security, it kinda leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By inkerman
@hunkaburningluv said:
" @Inkerman said:
" Actually the statistics I heard somewhere was that the wedding would make Britain 1 Billion pounds. Plus the obvious fact that the nation kind of needs a pick me up, and royals getting married is as good as any. "
the only pick me up we need is cameron getting his arse kicked out of number 10..........  I doubt it'll bring in 1 billion - but yeah I do reckon it will bring in some serious cash, but to be fair, when it'll cost 20 million to us taxpayers for the security, it kinda leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. "
Why? My understanding was that Cameron, or at least the Coalition were doing a fine job with the complete mess that Labor left them in. Admittedly ripping the shit out of military spending seemed a bit rash, but harsh cuts are needed. Now as for it costing money to run this thing I think that's perfectly fair, the royal family is technically the top echelon of British politics, and no doubt a boatload of dignitaries will attend.
regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By regularassmilk

Fuck 'dem limes. 

You heard me.
 You heard me.
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I couldn't care less. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27  Edited By KaosAngel

Who the hell cares? 

We kicked their asses and yet the Queen still runs that place.  I never understood Britain. 

I'm just tired of it being on OUR news, this is America.  What the hell does the Queen and her family have to do with America?  

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RE_Player1

My parents got all excited and all the older people around me have been talking about it non stop.... it made me throw up a bit in my mouth. 

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jayzilla

if i was british it would be cool for a day off at the pub with my mates. but i aint a brit so i dont care.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#30  Edited By sins_of_mosin

All I care about is that she is damn fine looking while he is one ugly sob.

On a side note, I still can't believe the queen is alive.  Either they got some secret meds to keep her going or not having to work a day in your life makes you live twice as long.  I can just image the media when it does happen and all the fuss about her ugly ass son getting the crown.  Thou, be a damn shame if he died off quick so we could see some young blood as the king.

.... I read too many novels about the old Britain.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KaosAngel

Serious question for you Brits, 

What's the Queen to you now?  It's been hundreds of years, and you guys still gossip over the tinniest thing.   Also, where would Hogwarts be located at, as I would like to understand more of how you Londoners live.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BraveToaster
I'm sure there are people take care, but I'm not one of them.
Chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Chandu83

Well, the thing is I sort of wish I could care for the royalty in some way, but America doesn't have Royalty. Bristol Pailin was described as American Royalty, but I beg to disagree. 

So, I suppose I care a little. It would be interesting to see how it turns out.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Jeust

I don't care about the royal marriage, still I find it funny people dissing monarchy, especially when it comes to expenses, when a normal democratic regime spends a lot more. It's hilarious!

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JoelTGM

no.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By trophyhunter

English people don't even care

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GunnBjorn

Since we have a royal family (The Netherlands), we've got royal weddings aplenty. And I couldn't care less for those as for this one. I wish them all best for the future. That is all.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

As an American.....I don't care.
carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By carlthenimrod

The only royal weddings I care about are my secluded trips to Burger King where I spend a little alone time.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40  Edited By jonnyboy

It's a wedding, the perfect place to get drunk, dance like a retard, and say inappropriate things to distant family members. I'm guessing it's even more entertaining if you're a Windsor.

hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@regularassmilk said:
" Fuck 'dem limes. 

You heard me.
 You heard me.
"
limey mate, it's limey. 

fucking idiot
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@animateria said:
" I care!  I wish you English people would just get rid of that pointless Royal family already! "
They're not necessary and don't even do anything these days.  But they're a big part of our history and bring in a lot of money from tourism, etc.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's on a week day I may just get a day off becuase of it, so I do care about that part.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sjupp
@Gargantuan said:

" I doubt it. When the Swedish princess had her wedding the media was all over it but I don't know a single person who cared at all. "

This. Over-hyped bullshit IMO.

Also , I just heard about the wedding yesterday or something when I browsed some old newspaper.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@Inkerman said:

" @hunkaburningluv said:

" @Inkerman said:
the only pick me up we need is cameron getting his arse kicked out of number 10..........  I doubt it'll bring in 1 billion - but yeah I do reckon it will bring in some serious cash, but to be fair, when it'll cost 20 million to us taxpayers for the security, it kinda leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. "
Why? My understanding was that Cameron, or at least the Coalition were doing a fine job with the complete mess that Labor left them in. Admittedly ripping the shit out of military spending seemed a bit rash, but harsh cuts are needed. Now as for it costing money to run this thing I think that's perfectly fair, the royal family is technically the top echelon of British politics, and no doubt a boatload of dignitaries will attend. "

They've certainly made it look that way through the media - and if you are upper-middle class and up then yes, it's pretty accurate.  

But if you anything like the people I deal with everyday then you won't be - in fact you'll be worse off. Significantly might I add. Not only that, they are going to substantially add to the unemployment line with the cuts they are forcing upon the military.

And they have also successfully managed to vilify civil servants (nurses, police men, firemen and all those) pay and their pensions. I can guarantee you my pension isn't golden - it's actually going to be pretty pish. Not only that they have also managed to turn the unemployment services into another blame culture - it's the exact same policy as Labours!!! 

What always astounds me is prior to the banking collapse - which cause all this - not us - the tories were arguing that we should be spending more on key sectors.  

Don't get me wrong they are doing somethings right, they totally are, but for everything they do right, there are 4 things they do that are fucking terrible..... 

Sorry, I'm digressing aren't I? If a company or organisation is going to organise something on the scale of this wedding they'd be expected to make a significant or complete contribution to the costs, regardless of the dignitaries that are there. I think that at this time, with the cuts, all those that are being made redundant and the supposed 'time of austerity' we shouldn't be footing the bill. There are plenty of better things to spend that 20 million on - like keeping some of the police that are going to loose their jobs on for longer.
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FourWude

Don't worry, the British Royal family will be out of a job soon enough.

As for Cameron and his Conservatives, they're cutting costs BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO. There is no choice in the matter. There is no money, and the debts are piled up, and credit accounts maxed out. Either you cut costs or you print money, and if you print money then goodbye British Pound.

The fact that the government is still printing money on top of austerity measures is worrying. The fact that they're still lying out of their asses about the real state of the British economy with inflation, long term unemployment issues etc, and are still completely pro-war, even whilst trying to cut military budgets seems all a bit farcical. And it doesn't help when you put into place millionaire/billionaire corporatist individuals into positions of power, like Cameron did to oversee the tax avoidance problems in the UK, he put in a fat cat billionaire who himself "cheated" the UK out of approx 200 million pounds of taxes, and now he's supposed to be looking out for other tax cheats.... hilarious.

Cameron is going to save the UK, like the classical band saved the sinking titanic.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By minotaka

A day off is nice... though its nice and all 'heritigey' for us Brits...  i really don't care :(...  im sure they do alot for the country in terms of tourism but...  *sigh*

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By alternate

Fuck yeah, we get a free day off work.  I'm gonna hit a theme park or maybe a decent restaurant where it is hard to get a table, since all the sheep will be glued to the TV.

As to saying the wedding is for any other reason than a horse faced big-toothed inbred aristo marring the modern equivalent of the blacksmiths daughter - pretty sure if anyone was doing it for publicity he would have an arranged marriage to one of the old European or Russian royal lines - it must annoy HRH that the Saxe Coburg-Gotha blood line is being diluted again with a commoner.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

You care so little you had to make a topic? xD

Let em do what they please and yes the governments are creepy with their schemes.