Earth-quake in Haiti and ignorant responses.

• 73 results
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

This is a quote I just read on YouTube regarding the recent Earth quake in Haiti. I was looking into this as I cannot imagine the terror and sorrow these people are going through right now.  

Now can someone explain to me why there can be that much ignorance and hate coming out of people? This makes me so angry I am shaking, please help redeem my faith in humanity.  I have read these kind of comments before and usually just ignore them but this one just got under my skin.

BTW I am scared shitless of Earth-quakes as I live on Vancouver island in a 4 story building so this has me shook up a bit.

bigbob6556 (2 minutes ago) ShowHide
Marked as spam
god these dumb niggers are fuckin anoyying, begging the US for money and shit. Let em fuck die, they dont do crap for the US, and i love how our dumb ass nigger president handed em 100 million even though our country is fucking falling apart. BLAME IT ALL ON FUCKIN OBAMA
wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By wrecks

Simple explanation... the world if full of ignorant and hateful people. Always has been, always will be. Sorry. 
Be glad you are not one of them.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Only one thing worse then YouTube trolls.  The idiots that take them seriously. 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The world sucks.  Don't you know that?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

YouTube is full to the brim with jerks and idiots, they're not worth paying the slightest bit of attention to.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Venatio

Just don't give those ignorant idiots the attention they are trying so hard to get

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By big_jon

But it get to me at times like this. Just I do not understand how people can say things so cruel, how can you kick someone when they just lost EVERYTHING? I`m sorry but I can`t just ignore something like this, if this doesn't bother me then I am as good as an unfeeling piece of shit like the prick who wrote it,  

Iv`e always been a pessimist toward humanity but this shit is just sad...
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ahriman22

I for one don't really care for the situation there. My grandmother was there and my father hasn't heard any news on her part (I.e: Dead or alive), but whatever man.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hitchenson

50,000 people used to live here. Now it's a ghost town - That's how I read the newspaper headlines. 

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By big_jon
@ahriman22:
Elaborate on "don`t really care for the situation there"
CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CptPanda29

Youtube comments are full of the people to stupid to troll a forum. Plain and simple. And because it's a massive website with people breaking copyright on it every second it's moderators are kinda busy elsewhere.

NintenDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NintenDood

How about 'Christian Evangelist' Pat Robertson's comment on the quake?  

And you know Kristi, something happened a long time ago in Haiti and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French, uh you know Napoleon the third and whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the Devil. They said we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True Story. And so the Devil said "OK, it's a deal." And they kicked the French out. You know, the Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since they have been cursed by one thing after the other, desperately poor. That island is Hispaniola is one island. It's cut down the middle. On one side is Haiti, on the other side is the Dominican republic. Dominican Republic is prosperous, healthy, full of resorts, etc.. Haiti is in desperate poverty. Same island. Uh, they need to have, and we need to pray for them, a great turning to God and out of this tragedy. I'm optimistic something good may come.

Not just YouTube commenters are complete idiots >_> 
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By big_jon
@NintenDood:
Grrr, I know.
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Scooper
@Hitchenson said:
" 50,000 people used to live here. Now it's a ghost town - That's how I read the newspaper headlines.  "
Perfect! 
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By eroticfishcake

That's YouTube for you. It's stupid and annoying but it's just best to leave it. It's not like you can rationilse with them anyway since all they do is abuse you. Not that it's happened to me you witness such behaviour in a lot of vidoes.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Capum15

Sucks for them.

Be glad it wasn't a one-two punch by nature like in 2004 though.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Willy105

They are not trolls.

They are not trying to get attention.

That's how people really feel.

And it's horrifying.

I know people like that.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By KaosAngel

Freedom of Speech.  

It's fucking America, and people have the right to say what they want.  

I fucking hate the Halo Generation of gamers calling everyone faggots and shit, and I am right to say that.  

I also hate fucking zombies because they are bigger whores than mummies.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By baconbits33

You just noticed people were douches on Youtube? wow... where have you been?

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Qorious

Well nothing's perfect and so are people. So don't be surprised if you see people like this in this world. 

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@SoothsayerGB said:
"  Only one thing worse then YouTube trolls.  The idiots that take them seriously.  "
Yup.  It's the internet.  Deal with it. 
CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CaptainCody

I agree with the quote in a sense that I think will be best not to elaborate on, but take that as you will I'm a loner and am not going to conform to the rainbow of baw that's about to attack me.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ahriman22
@big_jon: I don't care about the situation. It's just what I said. If anything it makes for a good read in the paper everyday before my classes start.
Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sabata
@big_jon said:
" This is a quote I just read on YouTube"  
Well there's your problem.
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By big_jon
@ahriman22:
Wow well I guess your a cold hearted prick then eh?
roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By roofy

are you new to the internet?

youtube comments are really not the place to go if your easily offended by blissful close-minded ignorance

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By EpicSteve

The world is full of hateful trolls. It's a shame what happened over there. I hope they get better...

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By big_jon
@KaosAngel: 
You justify a quote like that with freedom of speech? Wow some of you Americans are just fucked. You people are just sad, and by you people I mean people like you. Not all Americans just a great potion, self centered ignorant and who`s very morals are founded on their countries constitution. Following like sheep.

And what because my pic has something from Halo you attack me by implying that I am part of the "Halo generation"? If that is the case fuck you, I don`t go around calling people faggots and freedom of speech doesn't justify that kind of prejudice ether. 

I find half these replies quite sad, You people can be pretty self centered.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bubahula

youtube comments are a dark place

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By big_jon
@Willy105 said:

"They are not trolls.  They are not trying to get attention.  That's how people really feel.  And it's horrifying.  I know people like that. "

This is my point, a large majority are people trying to get a rise, but MANY are not they are hateful and cruel. My question is why and how can people be such ignorant assholes. In countries were we have it quite well, I for one am thankful of the things that I have. And to sit here and bitch about our country giving aid to people who need it more than us? Wow.
Fabcai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fabcai
@Hitchenson said:
" 50,000 people used to live here. Now it's a ghost town - That's how I read the newspaper headlines.  "
Too Much CoD4 for meh.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Linkyshinks

Getting offended by such comments on Youtube is nonsensical. There are many Americans who hold such views, Youtube, like any other such site, gives them an open platform to offend those who should know better than to read them. I know I don't, I have the feature sensibly switched off in settings. 

There are some Evangelical Christian groups saying the Earthquake is god's punishment for their religious practise of Voodoo. 

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bigandtasty
@Linkyshinks said:
" Getting offended by such comments on Youtube is nonsensical. There are many Americans who hold such views, Youtube, like any other such site, gives them an open platform to offend those who should know better than to read them. I know I don't, I have the feature sensibly switched off in settings."
Thanks for telling me that I can actually turn off comments in settings. (Is there a way to manually toggle comments on/off for videos that I think will have decent comments?)

No thanks for singling out Americans for no reason.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Bigandtasty said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
" Getting offended by such comments on Youtube is nonsensical. There are many Americans who hold such views, Youtube, like any other such site, gives them an open platform to offend those who should know better than to read them. I know I don't, I have the feature sensibly switched off in settings."
Thanks for telling me that I can actually turn off comments in settings. (Is there a way to manually toggle comments on/off for videos that I think will have decent comments?)  No thanks for singling out Americans for no reason. "

It's in direct reply to the actual comment posted on Youtube. There are no Europeans kicking up a fuss about America providing aid, because it doesn't effect them directly. 
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bigandtasty
@Linkyshinks: Sorry about that then. Sometimes I just get agitated.
dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#36  Edited By dietmango

Youtube is literally filled with idiots like that. I've run into a ton of them just spouting random crap, and I get them to the point where they don't even know what they're talking about anymore. I've actually wasted my time dealing with them before, something I'm not really fond of doing. You can just ignore the comments by turning them off (thank God you can do that).

It's really just sad that people actually feel that way. I've had "friends" say stuff like that. Sadly there's nothing you can do to change their opinion or views.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JBird

i find it depressing that trolls even exist. Its depressing that the internet is just used by people to spread hatred and cause arguments.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Drebin_893

Honestly, that comment really made me pretty distraught, and so have a few of the comments in this thread. Come on, people.....

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Don't read YouTube comments. They are always hidden for me.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By Brendan
@big_jon said:
"@ahriman22: Elaborate on "don`t really care for the situation there" "

Please please please don't respond to this idiot, he makes up stupid shit all the time on the forums, he's not even worth talking to.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By Cerza

There are people like that all over the world where ever you go. Sadly, they aren't just limited to America. It's one of the ugly sides of humanity and you have to learn to ignore it, otherwise you will go insane. Also, remember that you are above them and better than them. You need those ignorant people so you can be above and better than them, because if they were all like you, you would be one of them.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jmrwacko

Why even post this crap, OP? Of course there's racists on youtube. Old news.

I also know someone who said something like this. It's not that he's racist, although that's a part of it. He's also just a very amoral individual. You have to understand that there's people out there who have different versions of morality, or no morality at all. That's why you can't take on faith that people will adhere to a certain moral code; you have to address those with different moral standards by establishing laws that prevent certain types of speech in places where this speech can spark disorder or violence, even if this doesn't necessarily adhere to the first amendment. Examples of this are laws prohibiting hate speech.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jmrwacko
@asian_pride said:

" Youtube is literally filled with idiots like that. I've run into a ton of them just spouting random crap, and I get them to the point where they don't even know what they're talking about anymore. I've actually wasted my time dealing with them before, something I'm not really fond of doing. You can just ignore the comments by turning them off (thank God you can do that).  It's really just sad that people actually feel that way. I've had "friends" say stuff like that. Sadly there's nothing you can do to change their opinion or views. "

Well, what's worse is when people insinuate that natural disasters are caused by God's wrath. My mother mentioned the other day that "they all practice voodoo magic over there," and implied that God was taking divine punishment out on the Haitians. I flipped a shit at her.

I mean, she does feel for the victims over there. It's just sometimes her old catholic views on mysticism get the better of her intellect.
dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#45  Edited By dietmango
@jmrwacko said:
" @asian_pride said:

" Youtube is literally filled with idiots like that. I've run into a ton of them just spouting random crap, and I get them to the point where they don't even know what they're talking about anymore. I've actually wasted my time dealing with them before, something I'm not really fond of doing. You can just ignore the comments by turning them off (thank God you can do that).  It's really just sad that people actually feel that way. I've had "friends" say stuff like that. Sadly there's nothing you can do to change their opinion or views. "

Well, what's worse is when people insinuate that natural disasters are caused by God's wrath. My mother mentioned the other day that "they all practice voodoo magic over there," and implied that God was taking divine punishment out on the Haitians. I flipped a shit at her.  I mean, she does feel for the victims over there. It's just sometimes her old catholic views on mysticism get the better of her intellect. "
Yeah those kinds of statements really piss me off. Divine punishment my ass. How can people even think that way? They care more about how God somehow punishes the Haitians instead of actually feeling concerned for them. Some Evangelical Christians are even saying that. Wow, just wow. I'm a Christian myself, and I'm pretty sure God taught us to "love thy neighbor" instead of being more concerned about how we will all feel God's wrath because we don't obey. It's really annoying, but what can you do? It's their perspective.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By CL60

I usually do not read youtube comments.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ParanoidFreak

It's not just youtube...I saw this on facebook today (names and pictures changed for privacy).

No Caption Provided

This just made me incredibly angry.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By Coombs
@big_jon:
Simple answer:
People = Shit

Btw, Where you from on Van Isle?
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By big_jon
@Babble:
Well thanks for the word of confidence. :)