Lil' Wayne- Dedication 4

#352 Edited by Falx (347 posts) -

Howler - America Give Up

Allah Las - Allah Las

Titus Andronicus - Local Business

FIDLAR - Fidlar EP

Edit: almost forgot The Heavy - Glorious Dead

#353 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

Not to just flat-out necro this thread, but I wanted to add in that the new Sylosis album, Monolith, has easily made my Top 5 of the year.

It's the greatest Metallica album that Metallica never wrote.

#354 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I didn't like much of this year's metal that I've heard. However the hip-hop was pretty good. Aesop Rock's Skelethon is probably my favorite. Then El-P-'s Cancer 4 Cure and Killer Mike's R.A.P. Music are also up on the list.

#355 Posted by Animasta (14690 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

I didn't like much of this year's metal that I've heard. However the hip-hop was pretty good. Aesop Rock's Skelethon is probably my favorite. Then El-P-'s Cancer 4 Cure and Killer Mike's R.A.P. Music are also up on the list.

which have you heard? I think the new Gojira and the new High on Fire albums were great.

#356 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

@Wes899: I listen to way too much crystal castles.

#357 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Animasta said:

@MrKlorox said:

which have you heard? I think the new Gojira and the new High on Fire albums were great.

I was a little disappointed with the new Gojira (Terra Incognita or The Link was probably my favorite era) but I had a hunch it wouldn't be up my alley. The new Carach Angren, Where the Corpses Sink Forever, isn't as good as 2010's Death Came Through a Phantom Ship, but it's much better than their first record. The new Gorod, A Perfect Absolution, is tighter than their last few albums. And Lamb of God still sounds like they have ever since after Ashes of the Wake came out.

Those are the only metal albums I can remember hearing this year that came out in 2012. I had a friend recommend the new The Faceless and BTBAM, but I never followed through and gave them a shot.

Oh, I also heard Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus dubstep remixes album... but I don't think that's still safe to count as metal at this point.
#358 Posted by Travissty (17 posts) -

Discovered Imagine Dragons this year, and now one of my favourite bands of all time.

Shout out to The Killers with Battle Born, Muse with The 2nd Law, and Elton John Vs Pnau with Good Morning to the Night as honorable mentions.

#359 Posted by Wes899 (2113 posts) -

@CosmicBatman said:

@Wes899: I listen to way too much crystal castles.

NO SUCH THING SON

#360 Posted by artofwar420 (6289 posts) -

1991 - EP.

#361 Posted by Animasta (14690 posts) -

@MrKlorox: Iwould recommend the new High on Fire; I never super liked them before this one, they were alright, but man this one was so good.

#362 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1329 posts) -

Probably Shrines - Purity Ring

#363 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

I wish Woodkid's new album was out this year because if the Iron EP is any indication, that album is going to be fantastic and I'd add it to my list.

#364 Edited by Hyperglide (149 posts) -

Fave albums and my fave track off each one. Enjoy guys and gals!

Brother Ali - Mourning of America and Dreaming in Color

Death Grips - No Love Deep Web

El-P - Cancer 4 Cure

Killer Mike - R.A.P Music

Lushlife - Plateau Vision

Ministry - Relapse

Billy Woods - History will Absolve Me

XV - Popular Culture

Apollo Browns albums with OC and Guilty Simpson

The M Machine - Metropolis Pt. 1

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist

EDIT: Derp forgot about Aesop Rocks - Skelethon

#365 Posted by leafhouse (133 posts) -
#366 Posted by Meltac (2002 posts) -

Ka - Grief Pedigree

Second album from Ka, and it is lightyears ahead of his first. Very real, raw and honest. His voice can be sort of monotone, but it fits the overall style and mood of the album.

#367 Posted by gaminghooligan (1442 posts) -

Key to the Kuffs- JJ Doom

#368 Posted by SharkEthic (1049 posts) -

@Animasta: Fuck man, the new Sigur Rós was so disappointing... But if Converge is your thing you should really check out Loma Prieta - I.V. and Birds In Row - You, Me and the Violence!