• 50 results
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Before you say "oh, he just wants to get a bunch of swearing in one topic because it's allowed on the site", there is a reason to this:

I have always believed that words are just words.  The connotation that you add to them is the dangerous part.  Now, in turn, please don't go slinging a bunch of racial slurs or some bullshit like that on here.

Give your favorite cuss word and WHY.

My favorite:  fuck.
Why?:  It is the only word in the English language that can be used in any way, shape, or form, and it amazes me that a word with that much capability is considered foul.  You can use it as a noun, adjective, verb, prefix (fuckhead), suffix (dumbfuck)...I think the only way you can't use it is as a conjunction.

We actually discussed this in my senior English class when I was in high school.  It was a rather interesting discussion, to say the least.

*EDIT* I'm fully aware that this is a topic that opens up a bunch of retarded people throwing out cuss words and stupid excuses...but hey, gotta find 'em somehow.  If a mod locks it, though, oh well.
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demilich

Flying circus, we get it.

derp is my favorite swear word. It can be used in so many different ways, derp.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jakob187

Flying Circus was a definite eye-opener, but it's not the reason for it.  Just happened to be a skit I saw as a young child and it stuck with me.  Nonetheless, it is something I consider on a bit more intellectual level than just the comedy of it, like Python presented.

Besides, I would still like to find the people that deemed such words inappropriate in the first place.  I mean, who was the person that said shit was a bad word?  That fuck was something foul?
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Hamz

Moved to Off Topic, General Discussion is designated for general games and website discussion.

Jigen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jigen

I don't think I have a real favorite right now.

I will say one thing about swearing.  When I'm really pissed at a game I don't like to break the stuff that cost a lot of money, so I swear.  I found out that 'bullshit' doesn't deliver nearly the satisfaction that I need out of a curse when I'm truly raging.  I've taken to saying 'bullfuck', but even that doesn't come close to express my anger when I am extremely angry at a game.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Gunner

My favorite right now would be "JESUS TITS!!"

you have to say it real loud or it doesn't count.

GLC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GLC

I don't have one....

GLC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GLC

I don't have one....

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Discorsi

spear chucker

DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DXSSI

I like fuck for all the reasons jakob stated, but my favorite is damn because it's slowly gaining acceptance as a regular word.  Thanks in part to the entertainment industry and in part to its incredible versatility in sarcasm, people rarely bat an eye anymore when you say damn, unless you say it loudly or in extreme anger.  Basically the same as any non-swear word.

"DAMN YOU ALL!"
I agree that words should just be words, and it shouldn't matter which ones anyone chooses—which is why I really like Giant Bomb's attitude towards them.  Naturally, I try to casually insert cuss words into conversation, when appropriate, to do my part in helping them gain acceptance.  In closing:
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Omega

Cunt.

Why?: It is the most volatile non-racist word in North America. I find it hilarious how people freak out over it. Over something so trivial as a little mono-syllabic word meaning vagina.

It's really odd. One could say sex, poop, vagina, penis in public and it would be ok.(As long as it wasn't all used in the same sentence.) But if you said fuck, shit, cunt, or cock you would be in a heap of trouble.

Why is that? Is it not the meaning of the word that is offensive? If we can say sex, but not fuck, clearly the meaning isn't what offends.

So what is offensive about these words? NOTHING...

Tradition is what keeps these words as being bad. Your mommy said not to say them, because their bad. Her mommy said that to her, and so on.

So, do me a favor. The next time your with your wife/girlfriend sitting with your grandma, church group etc. And your ready to go home.

Point to your Wife and say, "well, I'll see you later, I'm gonna go home and fuck her!" Because you and I know that its perfectly alright to say that.

And you know what they say, "Honesty is the Best Policy."

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gunner
Omega said:
"Cunt."
My advice is to not call a woman that, i've seen some bad things done to men over that word. Some wemon consider it sexual harassment
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Omega
Gunner said:
"Omega said:
"Cunt."
My advice is to not call a woman that, i've seen some bad things done to men over that word. Some wemon consider it sexual harassment"
Intent is what makes a word offensive. If you use a word to try and hurt someones feelings then, yes it is offensive. But, that doesn't mean cunt should be considered an offensive word. You can offend someone by calling them stupid, or call then a pig, or a cow. But stupid, pig, and cow aren't offensive words. It's the context that makes the word good or bad.

You can say, "that cow is pretty stupid, it can't even find its way outside."

But you can't say, "you're just a stupid cow, mom."

To put it in gaming terms "words are 'Context Sensitive'."

Therefore, I think it should be ok for me to be at work and call my computer a cunt for not working properly. My female boss hear me,  walk over to me and ask," what did the fucking computer do now?"

That is a world I will probably never know... But its one I'd love to live in.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gunner
Omega said:
"Gunner said:
"Omega said:
"Cunt."
My advice is to not call a woman that, i've seen some bad things done to men over that word. Some wemon consider it sexual harassment"
Intent is what makes a word offensive. If you use a word to try and hurt someones feelings then, yes it is offensive. But, that doesn't mean cunt should be considered an offensive word. You can offend someone by calling them stupid, or call then a pig, or a cow. But stupid, pig, and cow aren't offensive words. It's the context that makes the word good or bad.

You can say, "that cow is pretty stupid, it can't even find its way outside."

But you can't say, "you're just a stupid cow, mom."

To put it in gaming terms "words are 'Context Sensitive'."

Therefore, I think it should be ok for me to be at work and call my computer a cunt for not working properly. My female boss hear me,  walk over to me and ask," what did the fucking computer do now?"

That is a world I will probably never know... But its one I'd love to live in."
As long as the majority of the population are raised to think that "bad" words are actually bad, that day will never come. But ive noticed as the years pass that when people raise their children (such as my sister) they are more open to use curse words infront of their children than people were 10 years ago. This doesnt make them bad parents, just more open to different ways of expression their emotion.

So i think that there is a good chance, 10 years from now, that world may be something you can count on.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By RandomHero666

Shit / shite
Although not swearing, i like saying "Holy Zombie Jesus" - very fun to say loudly in public

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Verdugo

Sons of Butcher sum it up very well. Both words are very good ways to express frustration, surprise, amazement, and other emotions.
greenbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By greenbean

Gypsy as in "what the gypsy" even though its not realy swearing.

Avatar image for betterthantelevision
betterthantelevision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty much fond of them all, but the real fun is in combining them in new and interesting ways.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Endogene

i cant refrain myself from posting this video.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I like the word Shite. Adding the e makes it so much more poetic than the rather bland and boring shit.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#21  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I like clucking bell, oh and fuckberries.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By BiggerBomb

Fuck, without a doubt. It is an amazing word that has so many official definitions and so many personal definitions. On top of that, you can customize it and outfit it for any circumstance, creating extremely fun new words with "fuck" origins.

My close runner up is cunt. Just say it, cunt. Better yet, emphasize the "u" and just say cunt. "C-uh-nt." Cunt. Need I say more?

I also believe that words are words and belong in the English language as much as anyother word. Sure, in certain settings if not used properly it isn't funny and it just sounds rude and unpleasant. For instance: "I was fucking this girl in the ass yesterday with my fist jammed up her pussy and you should have heard that bitch moan."  That's nasty and not in the least bit funny, it just makes you look like some barbaric douche bag (awesome curse.) On the other hand: "Haha, dude that movie was so fucking batshit crazy that I felt ripped without even taking a hit!" is a great way to express your perceptions/feelings in a way that makes it easy to understand what you are talking about, all the while seeming loose and funny.

For me, all curses when used right are amazing. I hate political correctness and if I could, I would curse when ever I felt like it. I don't do it over the top anymore, or at least I try, in order to preserve the effect of the curse and prevent me from looking like a jerk.

But there is one word that has only one connotation and it makes me cringe everytime I hear it, that's "nigger." I cringed even typing that. It is just a word created for hatred, it is not funny, it isn't cool, it's just fucking stupid.

My 2cunt.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HazBazz

'Fat Bastard', because of the intensity you can put behind it

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Commando

You fucking piece of shit!

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RetroIce4

Bitchnigga... I am half black so black people ease up. It's more of a joke thing though and Cuntmonkey. So funny to scream.

Fax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fax

Shit....

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gunner
sarkeen said:
"Nigger. It offends the hell out of people. I personally find it ridiculous that one word can cause that much controversy. Its just a word. Lighten the hell up.  "
Read above, its the use of a word that offends people, not the word itself.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jakob187

I'm also a rather big fan of spunkmonkey and when something fucked up happens, I'll pull a Silverman and throw out "what the cock is that shit?".  Mixing up words is always fun.  Just throwing a "fagballs" out there or "Jesus titty-fuckin' Christ" when you are amazed at something.  I also personally feel and believe that we need to drop the -er off of motherfucker and just make it motherfuck, or just go with muthafuck.  Like "Muthafuck that!" or "what the muthafuck?".  Sure, it's more syllables, but hell, why the fuck not?

My grandparents on my dad's side of the family always tell me that unintelligent people use cuss words because they don't have anything better to say.  Every time they say it, I spell out pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis to them, ask them what it means, and when they look at me blankly, I tell them to shut the fuck up with their non-intelligent bullshit.  Then again, they're racist fags anyways, so fuck 'em.  = D
Thanatos465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Thanatos465
Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Matfei90
@Omega said:
" Cunt.Why?: It is the most volatile non-racist word in North America. I find it hilarious how people freak out over it. Over something so trivial as a little mono-syllabic word meaning vagina.It's really odd. "
I don't need to say more.
bloodredreaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bloodredreaper

Fuck because of it's versatility.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Black_Raven

Mine would have to be "fuck" too. When I get really frustrated I say it a lot.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FirePrince

I love to annoy people by calling them Fuck Nuggets.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By evanbrau
@MattyFTM said:
" I like the word Shite. Adding the e makes it so much more poetic than the rather bland and boring shit. "
Was coming here to post Shite. There's just something about the tiny difference it has to shit and that it's pretty much unique to Ireland and the North (I think) of England makes it special. Feck is also a good one since it's less explosive than fuck so you can get away with using it in more sensitive situations.

I still cannot get over how crazy the reaction to the word Cunt seems to be in America. I really hope that kind of sensitivity to a silly word never starts over here.
Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Cramsy

Personally, Shit. Shit is the best. (yuck)
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jakob187

WOW!  Someone resurrected this thread?!  LAWL

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Hey I remember this back when I was lurking around. Grand times.

I would have to say "damn". I don't have to tell you why.

dutch42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dutch42

Me and Mr. Caravella, we have the same favourite cuss word.
Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I usually improvise.  I find I can offend anyone, even without trying, so I'm likely to shout out whatever is on my mind.

Avatar image for blandperson4444
Blandperson4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Blandperson4444

I'e always felt that the word damn is underated since if you damn something, you basically want it to suffer in hell for all eternity which seems harsher than any other swear word  

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Funzzo

My fav would have to be ass. I like it because I can use it with other words like asshole or assface or fuckass. Shit is a close second. SHIT!!!

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Fuck Faggotry.

I know made up, but its something I use whenever bull shit happens.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NickM

"Cock-juggling thundercunt"    a.k.a. the only good part of Blade: Trinity.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By fattony12000
To aim at someone:
Blaggard
Cur 
Utterly miserable bastard 

To aim at a game, in frustration or some such: 
Utterly miserable bastard
Fuck
Cunt 
Damnable contraption 
Shit 
Cunting piece of fuck
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Karl_Boss

Fuck....with fuck that shit being my favorite phrase.

kmerhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By kmerhi

When I get angry, I like to say  Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch as it conjures images of  a village on an island somewhere in  Wales, situated on the Menai Strait next to the Britannia Bridge and across the straight from Bangor.

And if you don't like it, well you can go Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch yourself.

Crescendo1897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Crescendo1897

i think holy fuck is growing on me, due to it being one of my favorite bands and just being kinda silly

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Azteck

There's something I've thought about. When you tell someone to "Fuck you" are you insinuating that you want them to have sex with themselves, aka masturbate? Or are you saying that you, the person who said it, want to fuck them?

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jasta

Fuck has always served me well.