• 136 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by jNerd (2008 posts) -
#2 Posted by jNerd (2008 posts) -

I really love Firefox & it's been my prefered browser for years but I'm really enjoying Chrome's speed & minimalism. It just needs a few more apps & extensions.

#3 Posted by Hamz (6845 posts) -

Chrome rarely updates for me and hasn't got half, if any, of the meaningful add-ons and extensions that Firefox has.
 
That is really why I like Firefox, so much customisation and functionality comes from the add-ons.

#4 Posted by JebranRush (36 posts) -

I've used Firefox for ages, but I switched to Chrome because of the speed and new extensions. I said that when Chrome got add-ons like Firefox, I'd switch, and I did because it's much faster. 

#5 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

i like chrome, its lighter then firefox, and thats all im really looking for in a browser. 

#6 Edited by jNerd (2008 posts) -
@Hamz said:

" Chrome rarely updates for me and hasn't got half, if any, of the meaningful add-ons and extensions that Firefox has.  That is really why I like Firefox, so much customisation and functionality comes from the add-ons. "

You're completely right. You could even make Firefox a clone of Chrome if you wanted to, lol. I really feel Chrome is a great choice if you aren't heavily invested or dependant on some of the FF plug-ins. I use the browsers about 60/40 leaning more towards FF still, but I really enjoy Chrome. I can't believe it's been over a year since it release.
#7 Posted by Icemael (6269 posts) -

Chrome. It's fast, it isn't nearly as cluttered as Firefox, and it's got everything I need. The only Firefox add-on I really used was Adblock, and Chrome got that recently.

#8 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1105 posts) -

I've been a loyal Firefox user since 2005.

#9 Posted by gpbmike (864 posts) -

Been using Chrome lately. Seems more streamlined. The only add-on I really used for Firefox was Firebug, and Webkit's built in developer tools get the job done. Also, when my poor JavaScript results in an infinite loop, it only takes out a tab instead of the whole browser.

#10 Posted by FirePrince (1762 posts) -

Internet Explorer.

#11 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -
@FirePrince said:
" Internet Explorer. "
Oh boy...
#12 Posted by jNerd (2008 posts) -
@FirePrince said:
" Internet Explorer. "

lulz

#13 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -

Firefox. I've used Firefox for 4 years now. I tried Chrome for a couple months when it first came out and it was TOO minimalistic for me. Also the lack of extra add-ons that Firefox has hurt as well.

#14 Posted by Jeffery (545 posts) -

 
I use Mozilla,like right now!
 
Anyway,i fucking hate Google Chrome,it made my MSN nut work...

#15 Posted by Jeffery (545 posts) -
@TheSilentTruth said:
" I've been a loyal Firefox user since 2005. "
Yeah,i've been since 2003.
#16 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -

Firefox. Been using it for years and never let me down.

#17 Posted by Diagnostic (101 posts) -
@Maxszy said:
" Firefox. I've used Firefox for 4 years now. I tried Chrome for a couple months when it first came out and it was TOO minimalistic for me. Also the lack of extra add-ons that Firefox has hurt as well. "
This. Tried Chrome, didn't like it.
#18 Posted by DarkShaper (1296 posts) -

Chrome. I don't use that many plugins and I find it easier to use than Firefox.

#19 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

I use Chrome the most now, because it looks snazzy... I used to use Mozilla though.

#20 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

I would use Chrome 10000000% but I can't...it has no Netflix support so it's fully pointless for me.  Shame cause I like Chrome a lot more.

#21 Posted by StarFoxA (5123 posts) -

I use both.

#22 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

Firefox

#23 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

Both are good, but I used Firefox primarily.

#24 Posted by MaverickXTSP (7 posts) -

Safari user.

#25 Posted by Novyx (479 posts) -

Firefox is a bloated mess surpassed in its awfulness only by IE. Chrome is my second choice after Opera, Because it's still lacking some of Opera's features.

#26 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

The thing i love about chrome is that it's a million times smoother and neater

#27 Posted by FirePrince (1762 posts) -

Why the hell does nobody use IE??What is with all the hate about it.They are browsers FFS.Keep it simple.I used a lot of browsers,but I could not find any major differences.But if I would have to chose,Chrome because it is simple and clean.And Safari is pretty ok.
#28 Posted by belaraphon (451 posts) -

i use chrome as my primary browser.  if a site doesn't function right i will use firefox instead.

#29 Posted by Video_Game_King (34599 posts) -

Firefox for all of the customizable add-ons that really make it easy for me to blog.

#30 Posted by pause422 (6153 posts) -

Fuck chrome.

#31 Posted by torus (1096 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" I would use Chrome 10000000% but I can't...it has no Netflix support so it's fully pointless for me.  Shame cause I like Chrome a lot more. "
Huh? Netflix (instant watch and all) works perfectly in Chrome.
#32 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@torus said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" I would use Chrome 10000000% but I can't...it has no Netflix support so it's fully pointless for me.  Shame cause I like Chrome a lot more. "
Huh? Netflix (instant watch and all) works perfectly in Chrome. "
Does it?  You mean on PC?  Cause it doesn't work at all on OSX....no silverlight support.
#33 Posted by torus (1096 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @torus said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" I would use Chrome 10000000% but I can't...it has no Netflix support so it's fully pointless for me.  Shame cause I like Chrome a lot more. "
Huh? Netflix (instant watch and all) works perfectly in Chrome. "
Does it?  You mean on PC?  Cause it doesn't work at all on OSX....no silverlight support. "
Oh, I see. Nevermind then.
#34 Posted by BODDAH (315 posts) -

Unless you browse the internet 9 hours a day, there are no noticeable differences between browsers. I use Internet Explorer - for me it is more practical. FF and Chrome are more trendy, much like Macs are to PCs.

#35 Posted by JJOR64 (18782 posts) -

I use FireFox.

#36 Posted by Fish_Face_McGee (474 posts) -

Since I got Windows 7, Firefox has run like shit for me.  Stuttering, hanging, but never actually crashing.  I got sick of it, and so I started using Chrome.  It didn't actually fix my problems (my issues were related to me not aligning the OS to my SSD properly) but it appeared to run better.  By the time I had fixed my problems, I was already sold on Chrome.  I love how little screen the browser itself takes up.  The bar at the bottom of the browser is useless fluff now that we have internet connections fast enough that we don't need a loading bar.  I've gotten used to having the search bar in the address bar.  I was messing around on my brother's computer, he uses Firefox, and he had to remind me that this wasn't Chrome and that I couldn't search through there.  
 
I absolutely used to hate having the tabs up in the title bar when I first tried it out a year ago or so.  Love it now.  It actually fits the file tab metaphor better and gives more screen space.

#37 Posted by Gruff182 (847 posts) -

Firefox. I've not bothered trying Chrome, because Skynet is evil.
 
Oops I meant Google..    or do I !!!!

#38 Posted by gike987 (1720 posts) -
@Fish_Face_McGee said:
" Since I got Windows 7, Firefox has run like shit for me.  Stuttering, hanging, but never actually crashing.  I got sick of it, and so I started using Chrome.  It didn't actually fix my problems (my issues were related to me not aligning the OS to my SSD properly) but it appeared to run better.  By the time I had fixed my problems, I was already sold on Chrome.  I love how little screen the browser itself takes up.  The bar at the bottom of the browser is useless fluff now that we have internet connections fast enough that we don't need a loading bar.  I've gotten used to having the search bar in the address bar.  I was messing around on my brother's computer, he uses Firefox, and he had to remind me that this wasn't Chrome and that I couldn't search through there.   I absolutely used to hate having the tabs up in the title bar when I first tried it out a year ago or so.  Love it now.  It actually fits the file tab metaphor better and gives more screen space. "
You could make firefox do everything you mentioned with add-ons.
#39 Posted by banunn1 (71 posts) -

Ahh... Chrome in a big way! You can solve the netflix issue by installing the IE extension for chrome (it will install tha ability to open a new tab in IE). But chrome is just so fast. I choose not add too many extensions as I really like the minimalism and speed. 

#40 Posted by Fish_Face_McGee (474 posts) -
@FirePrince said:
" Why the hell does nobody use IE??What is with all the hate about it.They are browsers FFS.Keep it simple.I used a lot of browsers,but I could not find any major differences.But if I would have to chose,Chrome because it is simple and clean.And Safari is pretty ok. "
Because IE6 was a bloated, broken, insecure, P.O.S. of a program.  When Firefox 1.0 launched with tabbed browsing, a lighter browser, and add-ons, people who used FF had no need to go back to IE.  I don't hate IE, but I prefer the Chrome UI so much that I end up avoiding all other browser.
#41 Posted by TheAdmin (703 posts) -
@BODDAH said:
" Unless you browse the internet 9 hours a day, there are no noticeable differences between browsers. I use Internet Explorer - for me it is more practical. FF and Chrome are more trendy, much like Macs are to PCs. "
 
I'm sorry, but this is incorrect. First, what is "more practical" about using Internet explorer?  All browsers are free and take seconds to install.  Sounds like you just can't be bothered to install a different browser or learn how to use it. 
 
The most important aspect of a browser is the speed and functionality, and IE is the worst at all of those.  It takes a lot more horse power to do all the cool stuff sites can do now and the faster the browser can do it, the better experience you're going to have.  Just take this site - you have a Django, calls to databases, AJAX, HTML, CSS, flash, video - and so much more.  In the end, you don't need to browse the internet for hours at a time to notice a difference - but the time you do spend doing those tasks will be faster when you use something other then internet explorer.  
 
Developers would gladly tell you to use IE if it were a superior product, but it's not.  
#42 Posted by tbone81889 (162 posts) -

I've been using Chrome for half a year now.  Its very smooth and very reliable.  I never really never knew what to do with the add-ons for Mozilla and what their advantages were and it never really ever worked properly for me.  Probably my computer though.

#43 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@BODDAH said:
" Unless you browse the internet 9 hours a day, there are no noticeable differences between browsers. I use Internet Explorer - for me it is more practical. FF and Chrome are more trendy, much like Macs are to PCs. "
no
#44 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Just in case people don't know Chrome has support for add-ons similar to firefox. Just click the Tools drop-down and click extensions :)

#45 Posted by Frederik (377 posts) -

I use Chrome because of the minimal interface and clean design

#46 Posted by Lyniz (115 posts) -

what about Safari!?

#47 Posted by gike987 (1720 posts) -

People know that you can easily make firefox's interface minimal if you want?

#48 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Chrome. 
 
It's faster. Cleaner. More minimalistic (I can see more of my screen). It's nice to look at. It doesn't crash on me, like Firefox always did.

#49 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Several of the websites that I have to go all the time don't support Chrome. I prefer Firefox anyways.

#50 Posted by Fish_Face_McGee (474 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" Several of the websites that I have to go all the time don't support Chrome. I prefer Firefox anyways. "
What sites?  The only thing that I know of that doesn't support Chrome is Silverlight and that is nowhere near as popular as Microsoft would like.