asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@sooty said:

@asmo917 said:

I have three questions for folks who have read ALL of book 3 (I'll keep the questions non-spoilery)

1. How did tonight's episode match with what you expected in seeing this play out on TV vs. when you read it?

2. We have one more planned wedding from A Storm of Swords that's been built up in this season - Joffrey and Margaery. When do you think we get to it in Season 4? They can't do it next week (can they?!?) and they can't wait until Episode 9, Season 4 (can they?!?!)

3. Do you think the show deals with the epilogue from the book at all in this season or next?

1. Worse than my imagination made it. UNCOMFORTABLE VIEWING.

2. Hard to remember but what happens there should be covered by maybe...episode 4 of the next season. I can't remember much from book 3 anymore aside from the big things and I doubt they will cover those in the next episode so it has to be season 4.

3. I think they might take some liberties to put the epilogue in so it fits in with the Red Wedding episode.

I thought so too on question 3, but the show runners have been pretty good (IMO) about combining characters and taking liberties with the books to streamline the show - I wonder if this is something where they take a wait and see attitude to see if they can't do the same and write out that thread entirely. Tough to say with the (book) series still unfinished.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Just so you guys know, as soon as the creators of the show read the Red Wedding part in Storm of Swords, they decided they had to try to make a show out of the books and at least get to that part and do it justice.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#403  Edited By jay_ray

@asmo917 said:

I have three questions for folks who have read ALL of book 3 (I'll keep the questions non-spoilery)

1. How did tonight's episode match with what you expected in seeing this play out on TV vs. when you read it?

2. We have one more planned wedding from A Storm of Swords that's been built up in this season - Joffrey and Margaery. When do you think we get to it in Season 4? They can't do it next week (can they?!?) and they can't wait until Episode 9, Season 4 (can they?!?!)

3. Do you think the show deals with the epilogue from the book at all in this season or next?

1. It hurt just as much watch it as it did to read it, maybe even more

2. That event will definitely be Season 4, I can also see them making it the 9th episode however the stuff involving the viper could be the type of 9th episode. (I think thats spoiler free)

3. I think that's Season 4 or possibly 5

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#404  Edited By TheHT

@aegon said:

Just so you guys know, as soon as the creators of the show read the Red Wedding part in Storm of Swords, they decided they had to try to make a show out of the books and at least get to that part and do it justice.

well fuck them. and fuck george. that was. god. i thought that would happen but i didn't expect it to be so fucking raw. talitha was just. fuck dude.

you win or you die indeed.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#405  Edited By xyzygy

@asmo917 said:

1. The did an amazing job of the Red Wedding. AMAZING. I actually pictured it nearly the exact same way as what they showed, but I think they might have even showed it to be better - especially the performance from Michelle Fairley. It was just fucked watching her go through that.

2. I am going to say the first or second episode of season 4. I am going to say the first episode because they can't keep doing the "Episode 9" thing because it'll get too predictable, and I think having an Episode 1/2 huge event and then having an Episode 10 huge event will be what next season needs to break from the predictability of Episode 9.

3. I really hope they do it in this season. They can definitely do a lot of shit with Lady Stoneheart, just like what they're doing with Daario and Osha. And the actress is just fucking phenomenal so I don't see any reason why not to.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#406  Edited By laserbolts

Ok what the fuck. That was brutal and totally unexpected.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It seems the War of the Five Kings is running out of kings...

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By flasaltine

I knew it was coming so I was nervous the whole episode leading up to it. Then when it started I was still shocked.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems the War of the Five Kings is running out of kings...

The War of Five Kings stopped in the second book/season after Renly's events...

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My friends and I simultaneously were like FUCKKKKK. I don't want to wait another year, I am going to start reading the books.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was... worse than I expected. Honestly the thing that really got me is seeing Grey Wind just get shot like a caged animal. Robb might have even deserved it by causing a massive war and being an oathbreaker, but watching the life limp out of that dire wolf was just fucking sad. Probably didn't help that my dogs head was resting on my lap either.

I did read the books so I knew what was coming, but this was much more brutal than I imagined. And how they humiliate the corpse might even be worse. If memory serves they cut off Grey Wind's head and sew it to Robb's corpse. But I hope they do the Stoneheart stuff this season at the end of episode 10 and maybe develop her character a bit more from the books next season. I mean they're doing it, and I love to harp on this, for Theon for whatever reason in this season so I'd like to see her get her dues.

They honestly didn't disappoint with the Red Wedding. I've had some problems with the way some of the things have happened in the show, like the Reed's not being in Season 2, but this was as close to perfect and heartbreaking as could be expected.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@aiurflux said:

That was... worse than I expected. Honestly the thing that really got me is seeing Grey Wind just get shot like a caged animal. Robb might have even deserved it by causing a massive war and being an oathbreaker, but watching the life limp out of that dire wolf was just fucking sad. Probably didn't help that my dogs head was resting on my lap either.

I did read the books so I knew what was coming, but this was much more brutal than I imagined. And how they humiliate the corpse might even be worse. If memory serves they cut off Grey Wind's head and sew it to Robb's corpse. But I hope they do the Stoneheart stuff this season at the end of episode 10 and maybe develop her character a bit more from the books next season. I mean they're doing it, and I love to harp on this, for Theon for whatever reason in this season so I'd like to see her get her dues.

They honestly didn't disappoint with the Red Wedding. I've had some problems with the way some of the things have happened in the show, like the Reed's not being in Season 2, but this was as close to perfect and heartbreaking as could be expected.

Fuck that, the Lannisters are monsters.

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#413  Edited By shaggydude

I like the @redweddingtears twitter, great stuff! People talking about boycotting the show LOL. I knew it was coming and it was pretty hard to watch (especially the wolf kill), but the final wedding is one of my favorite events in the books closely following what becomes of Tyrion. I hope they squeeze both into the season finale, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just tease joffrey's wedding for next season. If they really want to get people rabid for another season they will end season 3 on a cliffhanger in the middle of the royal wedding.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next episode is going to be hard to swallow...

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#415  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

The Stark family, also known as George R. R. Martin's fictional punching bag. Seriously, go fuck yourself George.

That's it I mean I'm basically left with no one to root for. Jon Snow is up in the north doing absolutely nothing, Aria is a child, Sansa is just a leaf relying on the mercy of wind. Stannis is busy being Melisandre's bitch and Davos rots in a dungeon.

What? Daenerys? Fuck that. I better see the right people die real fucking soon or I'm done with this series.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Why did no one warn me that Game of Thrones was going to rape my emotions!?

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418  Edited By FengShuiGod

So when does Joffery die? I mean, that has to happen now, right? (This is rhetorical)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By TheHT

#TeamTheHound

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By xyzygy

@mariachimacabre said:

@aiurflux said:

Fuck that, the Lannisters are monsters.

Tywin, Cersei and Joffrey are monsters. Not Tyrion and Jamie.

Also, Robb kind of deserved it. He broke an oath to the absolute WRONG people, his mother warned him against it just like she had warned him against so many other things that ended up happening, and he paid for his naivety. He obviously wasn't the right person to rule because he had no idea what he was doing outside the realm of fighting wars.

I fucking love Catelyn Stark. The Red Wedding, and the events afterwards, just really makes me love her so much.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:.

I fucking love Catelyn Stark. The Red Wedding, , and the events afterwards, just really makes me love her so much.

Semi-spoiler, duder.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422  Edited By Aegon

@tearhead said:

Why did no one warn me that Game of Thrones was going to rape my emotions!?

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By xyzygy

@breadfan said:

@xyzygy said:.

I fucking love Catelyn Stark. The Red Wedding, , and the events afterwards, just really makes me love her so much.

Semi-spoiler, duder.

ummm not really. What if something was revealed after the Red Wedding that makes her seem more likeable? Like pulling a Snape.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424  Edited By JayEH

@theht: yeah I'm all for him now.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Stark family, also known as George R. R. Martin's fictional punching bag. Seriously, go fuck yourself George.

That's it I mean I'm basically left with no one to root for. Jon Snow is up in the north doing absolutely nothing, Aria is a child, Sansa is just a leaf relying on the mercy of wind. Stannis is busy being Melisandre's bitch and Davos rots in a dungeon.

What? Daenerys? Fuck that. I better see the right people die real fucking soon or I'm done with this series.

Oh fergodsakes mr. dudeofgaming, settle down and read the books. :)

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of had this scene spoiled a couple weeks back when watching a GRRM interview. Still... Nothing could prepare me for that.

More and more good characters keep going. The Hound is starting to become a favorite of mine.

What really annoyed me this episode was that Jon and Brann didn't meet. They were so close!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#427 chaser324  Moderator  Online

I had been a little spoiled on some aspects of the Red Wedding, but wow...I had absolutely no clue how brutal it was going to be.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428  Edited By breadfan

After watching the scene over Eddard Stark has managed to be killed twice now.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So when does Joffery die? I mean, that has to happen now, right? (This is rhetorical)

Well you saw the spell that Melisandre cast right?

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430  Edited By Deathshroud

Even with reading the books, I have always been one to be able to separate myself from what I read and what I watch. as example I don't care if Spider-man in the movie can shoot organic webbing and in the 616 universe comic he cannot. So because of that I find myself able to enjoy the show on a equal playing field from the books. I do like having the knowledge of some events that do happen when they do. But when they change things its never bothered me because a lot of the time I understand why they did it ( sometimes it kinda works out better I.E what they did with Gendry.) So tonight ep I enjoyed a lot and I can't wait to talk to my friends tomorrow and see what they thought about it.

Also about the books..I am also one in the minority that feels book 4 and 5 were good and don't understands the hate for them.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also about the books..I am also one in the minority that feels book 4 and 5 were good and don't understands the hate for them.

Yup. Although I'm not sure that it's the minority.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By MariachiMacabre
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've watched it a few more times now and i can't fucking handle what happens to talisa. her expression just freaks me the fuck out. also the lingering shot at the end, you know it has to end, and you want it to come, but the anticipation of it is tortuous. and then it happens and the screen lingers on some more before fading to black. it's altogether the most unnerving thing i've seen in any form of media.

it's like that one surprising part from The Walking Dead game (outside the RV)amplified by about million and drawn out for 10 minutes.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434  Edited By supamon

I know I shouldn't but I'm getting a ton of joy from watching people's reaction to the red wedding. I remember reaching that part late at night and couldn't stop reading till the whole thing ended. Just keep watching people, you have no idea what's to come.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435  Edited By Ares42

I dunno how it is in the books, but I get a feeling that there's a reason we have heard so little about the warfare this season as these tactical desicions makes absolutely no fucking sense. I guess we'll see what happens...

Anyways, it was good to finally see something happening. Still think the Dany storyline is a complete waste of time, and sucks to not see any of Jamie or Tyrion. Not really sure why everyone suddenly reacts to the series being brutal now. I do sorta share @kevin_cogneto sentiment though as it seems that it's just developing more and more into a compendium of stories rather than having any sort of overarching storyline. You would think at the rate people are dying it would be more interesting to start focusing more on other more powerful houses instead of following all these small straggling storylines. I mean, apparently House Frey is big and powerful enough to not worry about taking on the Stark army and all their bannermen. Why haven't we seen more of them before ?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This is why Game of Thrones is one of the best shows every made.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#437  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

@supamon: Yeah, I was reading a Wikipedia article a few weeks ago, and I think I accidentally spoiled a thing that I assume will happen next week (possibly even the season finale cliffhanger), but I'm still really curious to see how it gets handled on the show. This episode has elevated my interest in this show to new highs, and I'm just hoping that thing that'll probably happen in the next episode doesn't mess that up.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 said:

I dunno how it is in the books, but I get a feeling that there's a reason we have heard so little about the warfare this season as these tactical desicions makes absolutely no fucking sense. I guess we'll see what happens...

Anyways, it was good to finally see something happening. Still think the Dany storyline is a complete waste of time, and sucks to not see any of Jamie or Tyrion. Not really sure why everyone suddenly reacts to the series being brutal now. I do sorta share @kevin_cogneto sentiment though as it seems that it's just developing more and more into a compendium of stories rather than having any sort of overarching storyline. You would think at the rate people are dying it would be more interesting to start focusing more on other more powerful houses instead of following all these small straggling storylines. I mean, apparently House Frey is big and powerful enough to not worry about taking on the Stark army and all their bannermen. Why haven't we seen more of them before ?

It wasn't about power, it was about wits. They caught them off guard. In the books, there's more details about the tactics they used to disable the Stark army. It involved fire and tents, if I remember correctly.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#439  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Well that was fucking insane. Had no idea what this episode had instore (surprised i remained spoiler free....got Attack on Titan Titan reveal spoiled thought D:) and wow that was a emotional rollercoaster.

Why must this be so cruel yet so delicious. Really excited to see what comes next.

Also why are the Boltons such dicks?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon: But according to what we've heard in the show Stark had an army 5 times bigger and could've taken The Twins if he wanted to. Sure they've might've caught a good portion of the army off-guard, but the rest would surely retaliate and siege the city as revenge for killing the king. But then there's also the bigger picture of why on earth Robb needed men from the Twins in first place, if that army isn't really that big but only has position. If he was that strapped for men just to take Casterly Rock (and even running the risk of just getting completely crushed by reinforcements) how big is the Lannister army ? and why hasn't Tywin just taken the throne by force...

As I said this might be explained in the books, but going by the show it makes very little sense.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441  Edited By supamon

@chaser324: I'm really curious about that as well! I'm sure it'll probably be different from how I imagined it to look like but still look good cause it's really important that it does.

The kicker to me is that it's still treated as a side thing, some of the characters are surprised when they first learn about it but just roll along with it in the books. I suspect the show will make a bigger deal of it.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@supamon: Are you crazy! I cant take anymore heartbreak like that!

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh shit, here's the audiobook version of the Red Wedding, if anyone is wondering what the differences are:

Loading Video...

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444  Edited By supamon

@randiolo: Well then. Then the next turn of events should make you a happy person (I think?). I'm not sure, check back after it happens. I had mixed feelings but going "fuuuuuuuck" is appropriate :)

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I have a feeling that a certain someone whose daughter just got married will get his one day.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#446  Edited By gla55jAw

Well...fuck. I was not expecting that at all. Glad I'm slowly reading the books. I want to watch everything first. Man, what a story that does not give a fuck.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447  Edited By bigjeffrey

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 said:

@aegon: But according to what we've heard in the show Stark had an army 5 times bigger and could've taken The Twins if he wanted to. Sure they've might've caught a good portion of the army off-guard, but the rest would surely retaliate and siege the city as revenge for killing the king. But then there's also the bigger picture of why on earth Robb needed men from the Twins in first place, if that army isn't really that big but only has position. If he was that strapped for men just to take Casterly Rock (and even running the risk of just getting completely crushed by reinforcements) how big is the Lannister army ? and why hasn't Tywin just taken the throne by force...

As I said this might be explained in the books, but going by the show it makes very little sense.

The attack on the Stark army isn't over. Watch the preview for the next episode if you want a glimpse of what Aegon was talking about.

Robb lost Karstark support when he took their head's head. In order to make up for that loss he needed Frey troops so that he could stand a chance at taking Casterly Rock. The Lannister army is large, but the Starks have won every battle, so every victory still put him closer to defeat as his troop count decreased while the Lannisters still had superior numbers to fall back on.

Tywin already has the throne. Or more specifically Joffrey does, but Tywin's the real power there. I still think it would be interesting and pretty nuts for Tywin to kill Joffrey and take the throne. Someone else here suggested that if he were a kinslayer he would've killed Tyrion, but Tyrion was never such a liability to the throne. That's neither here nor there I suppose. Also he'd probably feel being hand of the king would be a much safer spot to rule from. A king's crown bears a target, and any one of them can be replaced.

@supamon: Yeah, I was reading a Wikipedia article a few weeks ago, and I think I accidentally spoiled a thing that I assume will happen next week (possibly even the season finale cliffhanger), but I'm still really curious to see how it gets handled on the show. This episode has elevated my interest in this show to new highs, and I'm just hoping that thing that'll probably happen in the next episode doesn't mess that up.

If it's what I think you're talking about, yeah that should be pretty awesome. That along with Jaime's hand are the two big things I had spoiled for me this season. This episode's events were indirectly spoiled, so I was still able to "enjoy" it that way a bit. After three seasons though, I think my mind is trained for dealing with reading about Game of Thrones. Just gotta stop reading at the slighest hint of someone knowing what the fuck they're talking about.

That and avoid Google.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...fuck

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#450  Edited By randiolo

I dunno about you guys but im waiting for this guy to make a fucking comeback..Its the only think that will cheer me up..

No Caption Provided