Gays should Marry?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Snail said:
" But they should not have the right to adopt. No child should have to have two fathers while every one of his/her friends has a mother, a motherly figure is essential in the growth of a child. "
Not necessarily, what about those who grew up without a mother and just a father?
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#152  Edited By JackiJinx
@Snail: Tell that to single fathers.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By natetodamax

Holy shit this thread went downhill fast.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154  Edited By CL60
@Snail said:
" But they should not have the right to adopt. No child should have to have two fathers while every one of his/her friends has a mother, a motherly figure is essential in the growth of a child. "
Ummm. No they really don't...You know fathers can raise a child without a mother...What would be different about two men raising a child. That child would grow up being one of the few children that don't bash gays.
Amorfati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By Amorfati

Only when one of them agrees to where a wedding dress.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#156  Edited By Snail
@CL60 said:
" @Snail said:
Ummm. No they really don't...You know fathers can raise a child without a mother...What would be different about two men raising a child. That child would grow up being one of the few children that don't bash gays. "
Do you even realize what you are saying? It is horrible to grow up without a mother. A motherly figure is essential in the growth of a child, don't give me shit.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Snail
@JackiJinx:
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @Snail said:
Not necessarily, what about those who grew up without a mother and just a father? "
You think those are happy without a mother?
No.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Snipzor
@Snail said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Snail said:
Ummm. No they really don't...You know fathers can raise a child without a mother...What would be different about two men raising a child. That child would grow up being one of the few children that don't bash gays. "
Do you even realize what you are saying? It is horrible to grow up without a mother. A motherly figure is essential in the growth of a child, don't give me shit. "
What about living without a father? The thing is, if the parents you have a loving and caring, then it doesn't matter if the parents are two fathers or two mothers. There is no evidence to support that you need both a mother and a father, to be raised "correctly". Whatever the hell "correctly" is.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By natetodamax
@Snail said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Snail said:
Do you even realize what you are saying? It is horrible to grow up without a mother. A motherly figure is essential in the growth of a child, don't give me shit. "
How.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Snail
@natetodamax: Seriously?...
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#161  Edited By Afroman269

I'm all for choice. I don't get why the beliefs of some should dictate the way everyone should follow. Same goes for abortion. I'm pro-choice.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By natetodamax
@Snail said:
" @natetodamax: Seriously?... "
You've said a mother is essential to the growth of a child twice, yet you've failed to tell us why that's true.
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#163  Edited By GreggD
@natetodamax said:
" @Snail said:
You've said a mother is essential to the growth of a child twice, yet you've failed to tell us why that's true. "
I think he's implying that it allows them to...You know what, I'd rather hear his explanation.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#164  Edited By toowalrus

I used to believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman, but lately that's changed. Fuck it. 

Let dudes marry, let chicks marry. Let one dude marry two dudes. Let one guy marry three women at once. Let a woman marry a horse. Let one guy marry another guy, two chicks, and a great Dane. Let a man marry a corpse or a statue. 

Who fuckin' cares. The churches can create another term to replace "marriage" as their sacred partnership.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By natetodamax
@GreggD said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Snail said:
You've said a mother is essential to the growth of a child twice, yet you've failed to tell us why that's true. "
I think he's implying that it allows them to...You know what, I'd rather hear his explanation. "
I don't get it.....
Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@pirate_republic said:
" I actually voted no. But that's just a preference really: I think that marriage should be religious and traditional. I also believe that drugs (including weed) should be kept illegal. Again, that's just a preference. I'm very conservative in this respect. "
To each their own, I guess, I personally think that the religious argument is somewhat antiquated, but that's your opinion.
nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#167  Edited By nrain

No for Religious marrige.

Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@Snail said:
" @JackiJinx:
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @Snail said:
Not necessarily, what about those who grew up without a mother and just a father? "
You think those are happy without a mother? No. "
That's utter pish bud children need positive influences in their childhood, mother/father/, mother/mother, father/father, as long as they are loved and brought up positively, then it doesn't matter what sex their parent (s) are. 

I've known plenty of peeps that have grown up with one parent, both father and mother and they have all become well adjusted members of society.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#169  Edited By Jeust

They should have the right to do it.

ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By ryoma122

well its simple we claim to live in a world were every one is equal so why cant they
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Snail
@natetodamax:@hunkaburningluv:@Snipzor:@CL60: 

I speak for myself.
Simply put, I would hate to have two fathers, just one father, just one mother or two mothers. Don't tell me you don't feel the same. Just think of how a kid lives with that, being so different from all other kids. What kind of fucked family it would end up being, how some kids would mock you at school. You would have a broken childhood!
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By JackiJinx
@Snail said:
"You think those are happy without a mother? No. "
Unless you are speaking from personal experience, you have absolutely no measurement or evidence for this claim.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Al3xand3r

If you won't be happy in such a family there will be other issues than merely not having a mom and a dad. You can be plenty unhappy in a 'normal' family also anyway so, I guess nobody should marry?

As for the broken childhood, only if you live among jerks, in which case you wouldn't be happy anyway. So, because some people are jerks you want to deny their right to a family? The kid would be happier in the orphanage than being adopted by gays? They would have a more normal childhood there? Lol?

Edit: seeing the response under this post, wow, I hope you're 12, because that ignorance and attitude can't be justified in any other way. Like people suggested to go kill someone's mother. What you opposed has absolutely nothing to  do with anything like that. They lost a family member, but having no family members, and gaining two, both male or both female, or male and female, will be a blessing, and their happyness will be measured by the love they receive, not the gender it's from. You'd rather they stay in an orphanage or other institution than be adopted by gays because some kids somewhere may make fun of them, and that's at the very least misguided.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Snail
@JackiJinx said:
" @Snail said:
"You think those are happy without a mother? No. "
Unless you are speaking from personal experience, you have absolutely no measurement or evidence for this claim. "
Stop being a dick okay? You can say that because you've had a mother your whole life. I remember having friends up to 6th grade whose mother had died. Don't you think they would prefer to have one? That is beyond obvious, it's not even something you take in consideration!
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#175  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Bruce: whats wrong with the girl in your avatar ?
ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#176  Edited By ErgoProxy77

I can't believe some people voted no in the poll.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Snipzor
@Snail: If I were in the situation in which I had no parents, I wouldn't care if it was two males or two females, in fact the only thing you would care about is if you were to be treated lovingly and fairly. I resent the idea that two men or two women could not raise a child to the same effect as a same-sex couple would. 

If kids were to mock me at school, then forget them, they were obviously not brought up properly by their parents. Again, the only important thing to a child who is alone in this world with no support, is whether or not they will be treated fairly by their new parents. If they have that chance. The sex of the two parents (Hell, might not even be two) is irrelevant.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#178  Edited By AgentJ
@Snail: kids that have been brought up by gay parents haven't been prone to more or less problems or violence than another kid with heterosexual parents. 
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Snail
@Snipzor: It's easy for us to talk. How do we know if it is such an easy situation, or a hard one?

This is a stupid argument, we're just guessing. None of us can be sure which one of us is right.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Snipzor
@Snail: How do we know? Just ask a kid that is currently being brought up by gay parents, or one that has grown up. That's all you have to do. 

Oh yeah, now's about time to bring up this study.
simulation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By simulation

I Voted No, I just don't like the word marriage to be used for gays being joined, Marriage has been traditionally between a man and a woman. Gays can just have a different, like Union, or whatever, and they would have all of the same rights as a married couple. Sounds silly, but that's just my opinion.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Snail
@Snipzor: You could have brought that up sooner, and this would have been a shorter argument.
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By JackiJinx
@Snail said:
" Stop being a dick okay? You can say that because you've had a mother your whole life. I remember having friends up to 6th grade whose mother had died. Don't you think they would prefer to have one? That is beyond obvious, it's not even something you take in consideration! "
That's beyond what you originally said. If brought up by two people of the same sex that the child considers parents, then there's no one dead in his or her eyes. He/she has both parents. Those are two different situations.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Snipzor
@Snail: I was having a tough time finding it, the article rarely comes into discussion, and the link I used to have was broken.
Kallin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#187  Edited By Kallin

I don't understand why the government has to get involved in marriage at all, it's just a personal ceremony. They might as well get involved in authorizing karaoke nights or dinner plans. Remove all legal significance from marriage and you'll remove any problematic legal issues.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By xyzygy

I think that kids who were brought up by two guys or two girls would be a little better off socially. Why? Because they are constantly being exposed to different types of families and people, therefore, they will grow up to be very tolerant and acceptable people.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Snail
@JackiJinx said:

" @Snail said:

" Stop being a dick okay? You can say that because you've had a mother your whole life. I remember having friends up to 6th grade whose mother had died. Don't you think they would prefer to have one? That is beyond obvious, it's not even something you take in consideration! "

That's beyond what you originally said. If brought up by two people of the same sex that the child considers parents, then there's no one dead in his or her eyes. He/she has both parents. Those are two different situations. "
DUDE!
The post you quoted was after this guy said the following: 

@FrankCanada97 said:

" Not necessarily, what about those who grew up without a mother and just a father? "

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#190  Edited By angelkanarias

let them be, life is too short to be fighting for this stupid nonsense that a retarded monkey could answer. Of course, they should marry if they want to.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By JackiJinx
@Snail: That doesn't invalidate my point.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By natetodamax

*sigh*

This can be locked now

Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#193  Edited By Grim_Fandango

You don't need a piece of paper to prove you are married.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By SpecTackle

Indeed. Human rights cannot be exclusive.

CollyWolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By CollyWolly

What is the purpose of marriage?
Frederik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Frederik

Me=unaffected
Gay couple= Happier
Total world happiness increased=Succes

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By baconbits33
@Suicrat said:
" @pirate_republic said:

" I actually voted no. But that's just a preference really: I think that marriage should be religious and traditional. I also believe that drugs (including weed) should be kept illegal. Again, that's just a preference. I'm very conservative in this respect. "

Why should you have a right to determine how a person lives their life?  I could just as easily (and just as arbitrarily) claim that no one should have a right to put skulls in their avatar, and if I had political enough support to throw you in jail for your avatar, you'd understand why you're a hypocrite. "
Well if gays can marry then why can't older men be allowed to have sex with 9 year old boys? Or younger? Why can't people marry animals? And if I want to rape and kill your entire family, why can't I do that? Where's the problem with any of those things? Who are you people to determine how I conduct my life?  
Don't get me wrong, I'm friends with a shit load of gays and I have no problem with gay people living their lives happily, but where is the line? Where do we set the lines for right and wrong?
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#198  Edited By GreggD
@natetodamax said:
" @GreggD said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Snail said:
I think he's implying that it allows them to...You know what, I'd rather hear his explanation. "
I don't get it..... "
The point is I had an idea, but I'm not giving him a reason so he can just say "Yeah, that's what I was going to say".
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By ververdan0226
@CollyWolly said:
" What is the purpose of marriage? "
There is none to be honest. But if us straights feel the need to validate our love through a somewhat pointless ceremony, then they at least deserve to do that as well.
Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Ninja
@pirate_republic said:

Yup got to agree with this one. I don't believe in god but marriage is an out-dated religous union between male and female, Im ok with calling gay-marriges something else completely but they should not be marriage, that already has a certain meaning in western culture, the union of male and female.

However I still believe that america is too right wing, look at people opposing a nationalised health scheme, and calling obama the devil, it's crazy, so anything that makes you guys a bit more liberal, even though I am conservative, is a good thing!

I also think the family unit is, a mother and father (Husband and Wife) two or three children and a cat or dog, that is the family model I agree with. I think that a child brought up by two homosexuals would have a homosexual skew and that is not a good thing for the male/female balance and the human population.

Again, all my opinion, the governments of the free world have the real control over how all different types of people live their lives.