Gays should Marry?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#101  Edited By Xeiphyer

NO!~ I don't think they should marry, I think if they want to get married, then they should be allowed to get married. I would say, Gays can get married, but they don't have to if they don't want to. =P

Also a suprising number of ignorant people voted no? whats up with that. If 2 gay people get married, it in no way affects you. At all. Nothing is changing in the universe. Its just a way of saying 2 people love eachother and want to be together forever, whats so wrong with wanting people to be happy?

Also any arguement that it ruins the sanctity of marriage needs to take a look at divorce rates. Its above 50%. I suspect any gay person that is willing to fight for the right to marry is probably pretty sure about their decision. So maybe those rates will go down a bit.

My personal rule is: As long as it isn't affecting anyone elses lives in a negative manner, people should be free to do what they want. I'm fine with somebody getting high in their house and doing whatever, but it bothers me when somebody gets high and then sits beside me in a movie theatre and I have to smell their weed-reek for 2 hours. That sucks, but its the same for me with smoking and drinking haha, not that I really am against any of them, its just shitty sitting beside a drunk on the bus or the train, Am I right or am I right? x_x" 

So let people do what they want, as long as nobody is getting hurt than thats fine. 

Oh and marriage being super religious only, IE: no gay marriage is retarded. As I said theres no sanctity left in marriage, or the church for that matter. Theres hundreds of priests mollesting young boys, and thats just the ones we hear about, theres way more that are kept quiet and the priest is just moved to a different city. Thats insane. 

Things need to evolve with the times to stay relevant, let priests get married, and hold them accountable for their crimes; nobody is above the law. I really doubt God would hate gay people.. I would think he want's his people to be happy. And considering the world is 7x overpopulated, I don't think he would mind if some people layed off on the baby making.

HERES A GOOD POINT: The Romans invented marriage, they were also supporters of homosexuality. 

Anyways, people are ignorant, society is ignorant, but as a whole, we eventually make the right decisions.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Separation of church and state?

I see the Christian background as the probable reason behind the Prop 8 situation. Although their right it doesn't make sense.

Also one more thing, if Christianity didn't exist, would everyone accept homosexuality then?
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By ryanwho
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" Separation of church and state?  I see the Christian background as the probable reason behind the Prop 8 situation. Although their right it doesn't make sense. "
Christians aren't the only ones who can get married. Any man and any woman can believe anything and get married, I genuinely think a lot of prop 8 supporters don't know that. if I ask an evangelical "do you think Satanists should be allowed to marry" he'll say "no" and that should be the point where people stop listening to him on this legal issue, just like you stopped listening to pro slavers after the civil war. The world they want is patently regressive and in time good sense should prevail.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

This thread is fucking stupid.  What the hell do you think the common opinion about gay marriage will be on a website that is 80 percent liberal atheists?

And for the fucking punks on this thread attacking others because of their beliefs, stop being so pathetic and go onto a website that isn't so biased toward gay marriage and then try to "argue" with people.  Your opinions obviously are not the common consensus of America. 

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By VWGTI

Of course they should be allowed.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#106  Edited By Suicrat
@pirate_republic: 
You can think in your head that the Bible is a source of authority for you, and you can be correct in your head and among your friends and loved ones about that. That is fine, you certainly had a right to click "no" in this poll, that is not what I am disputing. My posts are just to warn you that if you ever took those beliefs and turned them into political actions (as a large number of those who share your beliefs have done), then you would be infringing on the same rights you demand from your freedom of thought.

I apologize for my inflammatory rhetoric (I don't endorse the "fuck you", but I can't apologize for it, those are not my words), but I just want you to understand that your belief manifest in political action is a contravention of individual rights. As for cultural action, don't care. Go for it. You should be allowed to make paintings, sculpture, films, hold protests, make posts in forums, do whatever you want in the cultural or even economic realm, just remember that there will be people like me to counter your statements.
EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#107  Edited By EvilDingo

The thing is, that this really isn't a yes and no question. 
It is as much a question whether you interpret "marriage" as a religious union or a union that gives same-sex couples the same rights as traditional couples. 
Personally I find it hard to comprehend how anybody today could argue against the latter. 

The question of religion is a whole other can of worms, that I figure more is up to the individual religious congregations whether they'll allow such marriages... After all; Most religions I'm aware off don't allow homosexuality - So I guess they are in their right to not perform these marriages, since the idea of such a union is in fact is considered "sinful" to start with.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Hamst3r

imo, no one should be able to get married unless they've travel to the moon.

For instance, Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong can marry. Neither can get married to anyone that hasn't been to the moon yet though.

All weddings must be held on the surface of the moon, while wearing space suits.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By damnboyadvance

They SHOULDN'T. But I really don't care if they are allowed to.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Hamst3r said:
" imo, no one should be able to get married unless they've travel to the moon.  For instance, Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong can marry. Neither can get married to anyone that hasn't been to the moon yet though.  All weddings must be held on the surface of the moon, while wearing space suits. "
I'll love to see what happens when they throw the bouqet.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#111  Edited By KamasamaK

They should "be able" to get married, but I would say that should marry since that's their choice.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By pause422

There is really no reason for them to not be able to. It doesnt bother me one bit.

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By phlegms

I dont see why not.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#114  Edited By Red

No. Gays should just be able to get "Gay Married" which is exactly like normal marriage, but it's gay.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#115  Edited By oldschool

There isn't a single logical reason why 2 men or 2 women should be able to get married in the same way as a man and a woman, and be seen exactly the same by the government.  Love is love is love is love. 

If it has nothing to do with you, it has nothing to do with you. 

My only additional point  is that if a church doesn't want to perform the ceremony, that is their right.  I am sure there are churches who will.

digeratix90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By digeratix90

Who am I to judge. I say let them.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ryanwho
@Red said:
" No. Gays should just be able to get "Gay Married" which is exactly like normal marriage, but it's gay. "
Separate but equal, huh. Wow, look at you.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118  Edited By Shadow

Yep.  They should be required to be married.  They're easier to keep track of that way.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#119  Edited By Brunchies

I don't see why gays Can't get married.

jackgordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By jackgordon

They have the right to love who they want so yes.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#121  Edited By GreggD
@Linkyshinks: When did you come back? HOLY SHIT! I'M FREAKING OUT!
Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should do whatever they want like everyone else.

ghettobond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ghettobond
@pirate_republic said:
" I actually voted no. But that's just a preference really: I think that marriage should be religious and traditional. I also believe that drugs (including weed) should be kept illegal. Again, that's just a preference. I'm very conservative in this respect. "
I say this with all due respect; marriage is not a religious institution.  Marriage pre-dates recorded history and was always a legal contract.  That's all marriage is, a legal contract.  If your religious views don't agree with gay marriage, that's fine.  However, religious views shouldn't dictate the lives of others and law for that matter. 

I'm all for gay marriage.
empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By empfeix
@JonathanMoore said:
" This isn´t a hate topic, I just wanted to know what the opinions of other people around the world was. I personally believe Gays have ever right to get married, you guys?  Also, if you dont, Im not going to judge you in any way, I just want to know you guyzes reasons.   ... yes, guyzes. "
umm most young people are more liberal so this poll is going to be really biased towards yes they should.  I think they should be able to btw.  But I'm just saying its going to be completely one sided.
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By killdave

I voted no.

No one should marry.

It brings misery.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#129  Edited By chstupid

I'm christin and I voted yes because if you don't let gay's marry and they have sex thats adultery. That's 2 things aginst the Bible. :)  
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By DanielJW

Controversial.

Dragonseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Dragonseer

There seems to be a new breed of politically correct fascists out there - chill out.  Abusing people just for voting no and saying a few words is not cool. 

Do I think churches should perform gay marriages?  No. 

Do I think gays have the right to a civil union, with their partner legally being recognised as such?  Sure. 

Do I think gay couples should should be given equal consideration with straight couples when it comes to adopting kids?  Absolutely NOT.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#132  Edited By Gunner
@aquamooch: I loled at your avatar and response.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#133  Edited By Karmum
@MAN_FLANNEL said:

" This thread is fucking stupid.  What the hell do you think the common opinion about gay marriage will be on a website that is 80 percent liberal atheists?  And for the fucking punks on this thread attacking others because of their beliefs, stop being so pathetic and go onto a website that isn't so biased toward gay marriage and then try to "argue" with people.  Your opinions obviously are not the common consensus of America.  "

Wow bro, that was really deep. I'm sorry your father did not hug you enough as a child. Irony highlighted, by the way. Props if you can get what I'm talking about.
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
@pirate_republic said:
"I actually voted no. But that's just a preference really: I think that marriage should be religious and traditional. I also believe that drugs (including weed) should be kept illegal. Again, that's just a preference. I'm very conservative in this respect. "

Saying that marriage is religious is like saying a sandwhich is bread. There is more to it then that. For one, there are legal rammifications that come with marriage. For another, not ALL religions say homophobia is the way to go. And yet another thing, not everyone of a religion that has homophobia as a core belief has a problem with homosexuality. 
I'm a little tired of people saying marriage has to be Christian, or something to that effect. 

I do have a question though. You don't think they should, but do you believe they have the right to be married according to the law? Even if not by 'the lord' for whatever?
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
@JonathanMoore:
Also, be glad you did this on Giantbomb, and not somewhere like Gametrailers, where the forum population is absolutely dreadful. This is one of the VERY few video game sites/forums where you'll get this kind of maturity.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#136  Edited By gingertastic_10

Yes they should. I 100% support it.

aquamooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By aquamooch
@Gunner: thanks 
sadly it's dropped down to 84,2 % now 
but it's still the majority so it's all good
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By iam3green

i think that gays should be able get married if they want. it would be like woman not being able to vote or work.... it doesn't really effect me if a gay person that i don't even know gets married. 

i've worked with a gay person before. when u first meet him u didn't know he was gay. the second work i worked at the place people were like hey u know that guy is gay. i was like know he isn't...

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By iamjohn
@Dragonseer said:
" Do I think gay couples should should be given equal consideration with straight couples when it comes to adopting kids?  Absolutely NOT. "
And why's that, chief?
DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By DCFGS3

While in favor of a civil union that's identical to marriage, I don't think the word 'marriage' should be used in relation to same-sex unions, at least on official documents.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By iamjohn
@DCFGS3 said:
" While in favor of a civil union that's identical to marriage, I don't think the word 'marriage' should be used in relation to same-sex unions, at least on official documents. "
So in other words, gays should be "separate but equal," right? 

I think Jim Crowe would like to have a word with you.
DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By DCFGS3
@iAmJohn:  It has nothing to do with segregation, it merely extends the same rights of marriage from a civil and financial sense to gays, without infringing on the traditional institution of marriage. I accept that denying gays the same rights as heterosexual couples is wrong, but at the same time there must be respect for marriage in the sense that it is between a man and woman.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#143  Edited By xyzygy
@Karmum said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL said:

" This thread is fucking stupid.  What the hell do you think the common opinion about gay marriage will be on a website that is 80 percent liberal atheists?  And for the fucking punks on this thread attacking others because of their beliefs, stop being so pathetic and go onto a website that isn't so biased toward gay marriage and then try to "argue" with people.  Your opinions obviously are not the common consensus of America.  "

Wow bro, that was really deep. I'm sorry your father did not hug you enough as a child. Irony highlighted, by the way. Props if you can get what I'm talking about. "
LOL. Nice, I liked that one Karmum. :D 

@iAmJohn said:
" @Dragonseer said:
" Do I think gay couples should should be given equal consideration with straight couples when it comes to adopting kids?  Absolutely NOT. "
And why's that, chief? "
I'm curious as well.
aquamooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By aquamooch
@DCFGS3:
But Buddies then

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By DCFGS3
@aquamooch: From a principle perspective, yeah.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Branthog

First, I live in America and in a democracy rather than a theocracy and what someone does with their life, as long as it has no direct negative impact on anyone, is absolutely nobody's business. Period. On any topic.

Second, what a wonderful place to run a poll like this. In a videogame website. Why, I know whenever I want to engage in insightful political discussion on random topics, I aim for the same websites where people congregate to discuss the best breast bouncing algorithms.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Branthog
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
"This thread is fucking stupid.  What the hell do you think the common opinion about gay marriage will be on a website that is 80 percent liberal atheists?  And for the fucking punks on this thread attacking others because of their beliefs, stop being so pathetic and go onto a website that isn't so biased toward gay marriage and then try to "argue" with people.  Your opinions obviously are not the common consensus of America.  "
well your right on the money with what you said, for I am a liberal atheist. "
Well, I'm a libertarian atheist and Man_Flannel is kind of an idiot, if he's suggesting that there's something wrong about "attacking others for their beliefs" meaning "attacking ignorant intolerant assholes who want to attack others because of THEIR OWN beliefs". See, when you are infringing upon another person's right to free will and life their life as they see fit, the rest of us get to criticize you for it. Your freedom to be an ignorant, hateful, narrow-minded, moronic, religious nut asshole is granted by the same rights that allows other people to do and be things that you don't like. And since nobody is forcing you to do or be those things, you should just butt the fuck out and leave them alone.

As for going to a website that "isn't so biased toward gay marriage and try to argue with people"... Why? Who wants to willingly go have a pointless discussion with a bunch of fucking retards who counter everything with "but baby jesus sad in duh bible...!". It's like discussing physics with an infant. Also, something being a common consensus of America doesn't mean jack fucking shit. America was founded on the freedom and liberties of the individual. For a long time, common consensus included things like black people being 3/5ths of a man. It was common consensus and it was both wrong and against the founding principals of this society.

So, I return to the most basic point of the argument that falls in EVERYONE'S favor on ALL sides. WHO THE FUCK CARES?! Why does anyone give a flying fuck what anyone does with their life? Get over your fucking selves and go do something with your life besides getting your panties in a twist over what other people do. If you have something against being gay, just don't stick your dick in any other dude's ass and you should be okay.

Also, my taxes subsidize your tax-free churches, so fuck off about the "but but but but I gots me duh freedom to gots me an intolerant opinion!".
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Branthog
@pirate_republic said:
"   @Suicrat said:

" @ververdan0226:  Polite hypocrites are worse than assholish hypocrites, because all they do is incur unearned sympathy from those who aren't hypocrites and just wish to avoid conflict. "

What the hell is your problem? You seem unable to respect other peoples opinions. You also seem unable to exercise respect. I have stated my beliefs. They may be ignorant, hypocritical, and childish, but that doesn't mean you can go ahead and insult them just because my beliefs differ from yours. I am a conservative. I don't believe in gay rights. I don't have any facts to back up my beliefs, but then and again I don't have to sit here and try to justify my beliefs to some ignorant asshole who is unable to understand that fact that other people have different opinions than him.  Good day to you sir. "
Who cares if you believe in "gay rights"? You can disbelieve in gravity, but that doesn't affect its existence. How about you just not give a fuck one way or the other? I don't believe in intolerant religious retards who want to force society to live in a theocracy, but there you still are. And who cares about "respecting your opinion" when you clearly have a problem with respecting other people's opinion? We're supposed to respect your opinion that an entire group of people should be excluded from the same rights and liberties every other citizen is granted?

As to your other comment about "marriage should be a religious thing". Says who? Marriage has NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION. The same office in the government that stamps business incorporation certificates stamps marriage certificates. A marriage is, in the eyes of the government, a business arrangement. The religious part is between you and a church. What's next, should gay people also not be able to form a corporation and enter into other business contracts?

A lot of people get married and don't even have a religious ceremony. And what about religions that don't have a problem with gay people? Are you saying that your religion is more important than anyone else's on a legal standpoint and therefore your religion's intolerance should trump every other religion? 

And again, most importantly, WHY DO YOU CARE? I think religion has done more damage to society than anything else and it has certainly been the most oppressive. I hate truck nuts. I hate Larry the Cable Guy. I hate chewing tobacco. I hate idiots that walk around with a bible and accost me on the street to preach "the word of jesus" to me.  And yet .  . . they are all granted liberties under our constitution that allows them to do those things, with or without my endorsement. So why can't they have the same respect of other people's wishes and just let people live their lives, too? You know... if you want to live life a cock in your ass, go for it. And if the idea offends you or repulses you -- keep the cocks out of your ass. I sure don't want a cock in my ass and I've managed not to have one in the few decades I've been alive. That's good enough for me.

And of course, again, that whole issue of the same bigoted hateful ignorant churches that preach stupidity and push political efforts to deprive people of the same freedoms YOU enjoy are fucking SUBSIDIZED by my taxes and the taxes of all the people out there doing things you somehow hate so much that even knowing they exist or are being done fills you with some sot of intolerant fury that probably keeps you up all night.

Let's just agree to leave people alone to do what the fuck they want with the limited human life span that they have and we can all go about doing the same for ourselves. You and I won't tell people what the fuck to do and they won't tell you what the fuck to do and we can all be happy.

Oh - and why are people insulting and intolerant of certain view points? Because they're fucking stupid view points. If a group of people says "black people shouldn't have the same rights or freedoms as other people" or "women shouldn't be allowed to work or show their faces in public", you don't just sit there and say "well, golly, you sure have a right to your opinion and I totally respect it". And yes, putting your religious beliefs -- legally -- above other people's values and beliefs is just as fucking stupid as any of those things.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@Branthog said:

" @pirate_republic said:

"   @Suicrat said:

" @ververdan0226:  Polite hypocrites are worse than assholish hypocrites, because all they do is incur unearned sympathy from those who aren't hypocrites and just wish to avoid conflict. "

What the hell is your problem? You seem unable to respect other peoples opinions. You also seem unable to exercise respect. I have stated my beliefs. They may be ignorant, hypocritical, and childish, but that doesn't mean you can go ahead and insult them just because my beliefs differ from yours. I am a conservative. I don't believe in gay rights. I don't have any facts to back up my beliefs, but then and again I don't have to sit here and try to justify my beliefs to some ignorant asshole who is unable to understand that fact that other people have different opinions than him.  Good day to you sir. "
Who cares if you believe in "gay rights"? You can disbelieve in gravity, but that doesn't affect its existence. How about you just not give a fuck one way or the other? I don't believe in intolerant religious retards who want to force society to live in a theocracy, but there you still are. And who cares about "respecting your opinion" when you clearly have a problem with respecting other people's opinion? We're supposed to respect your opinion that an entire group of people should be excluded from the same rights and liberties every other citizen is granted?

As to your other comment about "marriage should be a religious thing". Says who? Marriage has NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION. The same office in the government that stamps business incorporation certificates stamps marriage certificates. A marriage is, in the eyes of the government, a business arrangement. The religious part is between you and a church. What's next, should gay people also not be able to form a corporation and enter into other business contracts?

A lot of people get married and don't even have a religious ceremony. And what about religions that don't have a problem with gay people? Are you saying that your religion is more important than anyone else's on a legal standpoint and therefore your religion's intolerance should trump every other religion? 

And again, most importantly, WHY DO YOU CARE? I think religion has done more damage to society than anything else and it has certainly been the most oppressive. I hate truck nuts. I hate Larry the Cable Guy. I hate chewing tobacco. I hate idiots that walk around with a bible and accost me on the street to preach "the word of jesus" to me.  And yet .  . . they are all granted liberties under our constitution that allows them to do those things, with or without my endorsement. So why can't they have the same respect of other people's wishes and just let people live their lives, too? You know... if you want to live life a cock in your ass, go for it. And if the idea offends you or repulses you -- keep the cocks out of your ass. I sure don't want a cock in my ass and I've managed not to have one in the few decades I've been alive. That's good enough for me.  And of course, again, that whole issue of the same bigoted hateful ignorant churches that preach stupidity and push political efforts to deprive people of the same freedoms YOU enjoy are fucking SUBSIDIZED by my taxes and the taxes of all the people out there doing things you somehow hate so much that even knowing they exist or are being done fills you with some sot of intolerant fury that probably keeps you up all night.  Let's just agree to leave people alone to do what the fuck they want with the limited human life span that they have and we can all go about doing the same for ourselves. You and I won't tell people what the fuck to do and they won't tell you what the fuck to do and we can all be happy.  Oh - and why are people insulting and intolerant of certain view points? Because they're fucking stupid view points. If a group of people says "black people shouldn't have the same rights or freedoms as other people" or "women shouldn't be allowed to work or show their faces in public", you don't just sit there and say "well, golly, you sure have a right to your opinion and I totally respect it". And yes, putting your religious beliefs -- legally -- above other people's values and beliefs is just as fucking stupid as any of those things. "
"ignorant, hateful, narrow-minded, moronic, religious nut asshole"
are you kidding me guy?  your just as bad as the guys picketing with signs saying "Faggots will burn in hell" but your wasting your time writing fucking pages on the internet. 
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#150  Edited By Snail

But they should not have the right to adopt. No child should have to have two fathers while every one of his/her friends has a mother, a motherly figure is essential in the growth of a child.