• 58 results
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

STOP REPLYING TO THIS THREAD!  I SHARED MY OPINION, IF YOU WANT TO SHARE YOURS THEN GO AHEAD, BUT STOP ARGUING BECAUSE IT'S JUST STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zeforgotten

Understand? Yes 
Care? No. 

If it's gonna get really fucked up I'll just leave a Post-it Note for my grand-grand-grand children with the words "ooops, I fucked up. Sorry" on it

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@ZeForgotten said:

"Understand? Yes Care? No.  If it's gonna get really fucked up I'll just leave a Post-it Note for my grand-grand-grand children with the words "ooops, I fucked up. Sorry" on it "

Wating for a mogd to lock this thread.
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
"Understand? Yes Care? No.  If it's gonna get really fucked up I'll just leave a Post-it Note for my grand-grand-grand children with the words "ooops, I fucked up. Sorry" on it "
Haha yep, I don't really care what happens in the next generation either, I'll be dead! "
you will care when u have kids some day
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
Haha yep, I don't really care what happens in the next generation either, I'll be dead! "
you will care when u have kids some day "

No I really won't because this is all just one big hoax that is made to believe by Democrats and the Government.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Diamond
@ADTR_ZERO said:
No I really won't because this is all just one big hoax that is made to believe by Democrats and the Government.
So the democrats in the US government have taken over 90% of the worlds business and all of the worlds government?  SHIT.  It's too late, better sign up to the democrat party before they start executing the detractors!
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Snipzor

Sure, it's a hoax. Not that there's any peer reviewed studies to show that it's a hoax. But I'm sure it's a hoax, because... I BELIEVE!!! 

I think I've made my point.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Diamond said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
So the democrats in the US government have taken over 90% of the worlds business and all of the worlds government?  SHIT.  It's too late, better sign up to the democrat party before they start executing the detractors! "

I have a dream!
Anilones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Anilones
@ADTR_ZERO: And what about all the scientific evidence and journals, I guess this is all a conspiracy too. 

Ignorance on anthropogenic climate change is mind-boggling at times.
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Anilones said:
" @ADTR_ZERO: And what about all the scientific evidence and journals, I guess this is all a conspiracy too.  Ignorance on anthropogenic climate change is mind-boggling at times. "

And what about the evidence that says otherwise? We have no solid foundation as to whether GW is real, but past climate changes says it's fake.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Snipzor
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
" @ADTR_ZERO: And what about all the scientific evidence and journals, I guess this is all a conspiracy too.  Ignorance on anthropogenic climate change is mind-boggling at times. "
And what about the evidence that says otherwise? We have no solid foundation as to whether GW is real, but past climate changes says it's fake. "
What of the evidence that says otherwise? Are there not citations that could be provided?
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Snipzor said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
And what about the evidence that says otherwise? We have no solid foundation as to whether GW is real, but past climate changes says it's fake. "
What of the evidence that says otherwise? Are there not citations that could be provided? "

What do I need to provide? Th Earth gets warm, then cold, then warm, then cold, etc. etc. That's how it always has been, we have had ice ages, warm ages, ice ages, and now we're going through a warming, not MASS GLOBAL WARMING OF DEATH AND DOOM! Just a natural, warming, cycle.
Anilones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Anilones
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
I would expect for every piece of evidence which shows that it is not occurring I can find ten times as many backing anthropogenic climate change. 

But to be honest, I don't wish to get into an argument over this, you are obviously set in your belief that it is a load of rubbish, and any scientific evidence would not alter your thinking.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Snipzor
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Snipzor said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
What of the evidence that says otherwise? Are there not citations that could be provided? "
What do I need to provide? Th Earth gets warm, then cold, then warm, then cold, etc. etc. That's how it always has been, we have had ice ages, warm ages, ice ages, and now we're going through a warming, not MASS GLOBAL WARMING OF DEATH AND DOOM! Just a natural, warming, cycle. "
Yeah, but citations would be nicer. That's all I'm sayin'.
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Mushir

I already knew this.

Anilones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Anilones
@ADTR_ZERO: Before you say that we're going through a natural warm cycle, you may be surprised to know that we have been in a warm season for the past 10,000 years. The typical cycle is 10,000 warm, 100,000 cold, 10,000 warm, etc. (that is a generalisation before anyone jumps on the specific numbers, but the point still stands), so we should be going back to cold (and global temperatures were beginning to decline prior to the industrial revolution).
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Anilones said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
I would expect for every piece of evidence which shows that it is not occurring I can find ten times as many backing anthropogenic climate change.  But to be honest, I don't wish to get into an argument over this, you are obviously set in your belief that it is a load of rubbish, and any scientific evidence would not alter your thinking. "

Because big stories like this bring in big money. 

I suppose you belive the Earth will end in 2012 because the scientists say that too? What if the scientists said Earth doesn't exist and it's all an illusion and that you can wake up now? Would you believe it because the big bad scientists said so? What if a scientist said the Earth would end in 2000, or 1999, or th-oh wait, I'm pretty sure the super smart scientists DID say that...hmmmmm.
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Anilones said:
" @ADTR_ZERO: Before you say that we're going through a natural warm cycle, you may be surprised to know that we have been in a warm season for the past 10,000 years. The typical cycle is 10,000 warm, 100,000 cold, 10,000 warm, etc. (that is a generalisation before anyone jumps on the specific numbers, but the point still stands), so we should be going back to cold (and global temperatures were beginning to decline prior to the industrial revolution). "

Yeh pretty much.  

The time is irrelevent, it's the point of it happening, whether after 5 years or 5,000.
Anilones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Anilones
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
I would expect for every piece of evidence which shows that it is not occurring I can find ten times as many backing anthropogenic climate change.  But to be honest, I don't wish to get into an argument over this, you are obviously set in your belief that it is a load of rubbish, and any scientific evidence would not alter your thinking. "
I suppose you belive the Earth will end in 2012 because the scientists say that too?
Please please please find me a single scientist who believes this and has evidence.
Anilones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Anilones
@ADTR_ZERO: @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
" @ADTR_ZERO: Before you say that we're going through a natural warm cycle, you may be surprised to know that we have been in a warm season for the past 10,000 years. The typical cycle is 10,000 warm, 100,000 cold, 10,000 warm, etc. (that is a generalisation before anyone jumps on the specific numbers, but the point still stands), so we should be going back to cold (and global temperatures were beginning to decline prior to the industrial revolution). "
Yeh pretty much.    The time is irrelevent, it's the point of it happening, whether after 5 years or 5,000. "
The timing isn't that irrelevant. But the biggest factor is the temperature range, we were already in a warm period! A further addition of warmth and rate of this extent is unprecedented. 
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Anilones said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
I suppose you belive the Earth will end in 2012 because the scientists say that too?
Please please please find me a single scientist who believes this and has evidence. "

I don't think I need to. If you can't find one for yourself then well, do you ever leave the house? Or watch the news?
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Anilones said:
" @ADTR_ZERO:  @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
Yeh pretty much.    The time is irrelevent, it's the point of it happening, whether after 5 years or 5,000. "
The timing isn't that irrelevant. But the biggest factor is the temperature range, we were already in a warm period! A further addition of warmth and rate of this extent is unprecedented.  "

And many scientists say the Earth will be collling soon. So yes it IS unprecedented, that's why the Earth should be cooling very soon.
Anilones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Anilones
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:

Please please please find me a single scientist who believes this and has evidence. "
I don't think I need to. If you can't find one for yourself then well, do you ever leave the house? Or watch the news? "
I need to find a scientific paper saying that the world won't end in 2012?! Surely the null hypothesis is that it won't, as such you need to prove the hypothesis that it will. It's your call. 

And as a scientist myself, yes I do read the news and leave the house.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Snipzor
@ADTR_ZERO said:
"Because big stories like this bring in big money.  I suppose you belive the Earth will end in 2012 because the scientists say that too? What if the scientists said Earth doesn't exist and it's all an illusion and that you can wake up now? Would you believe it because the big bad scientists said so? What if a scientist said the Earth would end in 2000, or 1999, or th-oh wait, I'm pretty sure the super smart scientists DID say that...hmmmmm. "

SCIENCE DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY! 
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Geno

The earth does go through cycles but currently we are detecting temperature change that is not accounted for by the earth's cycles. However these changes are miniscule (something like 0.006 degrees Celsius per year), so yes, global warming is still BS. 

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Snipzor said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
"Because big stories like this bring in big money.  I suppose you belive the Earth will end in 2012 because the scientists say that too? What if the scientists said Earth doesn't exist and it's all an illusion and that you can wake up now? Would you believe it because the big bad scientists said so? What if a scientist said the Earth would end in 2000, or 1999, or th-oh wait, I'm pretty sure the super smart scientists DID say that...hmmmmm. "

"

But mainstream media will say it does to make people believe.
Anilones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Anilones
@Geno said:

" The earth does go through cycles but currently we are detecting temperature change that is not accounted for by the earth's cycles. However these changes are miniscule (something like 0.006 degrees Celsius per year), so yes, global warming is still BS.  "

It's a little more significant than that: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Instrumental_Temperature_Record.png    
Anilones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Anilones
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Snipzor said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:

"
But mainstream media will say it does to make people believe. "
Then start listening to scientists and not the media. In which case you'll believe in anthropogenic climate change even more.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Snipzor
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Snipzor said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:

"
I know I blame mainstream media for a ton of shit, I'll be the first to say that I will do a live rifftrax of CNN when I'm bored. But we are talking about science, not mainstream media.
ZombieJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ZombieJesus
@ADTR_ZERO: You continue to claim that many scientists believe that the world is going to end in 2012 and that global warming is BS but you haven't given a name of any scientist or given us any facts or figures to support your argument. 
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Anilones said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Snipzor said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:

"
Then start listening to scientists and not the media. In which case you'll believe in anthropogenic climate change even more. "

Really? Because the scientists I listened to spoke the truth about the media and said the earth is going through natural cycles, and spoke AGAINST global warming. 

While on the other hand, media says global warming of death and doom. 

The scientists you are listening too are telling you what the public wants to hear, and not the truth.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Shit will happen eventually.

Anilones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Anilones
@ADTR_ZERO: No, I speak to scientists who have and are completing research on this very topic and actually believe that the media doesn't go far enough.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Snipzor
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Snipzor said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:

"
Then start listening to scientists and not the media. In which case you'll believe in anthropogenic climate change even more. "
Really? Because the scientists I listened to spoke the truth about the media and said the earth is going through natural cycles, and spoke AGAINST global warming.  While on the other hand, media says global warming of death and doom.  The scientists you are listening too are telling you what the public wants to hear, and not the truth. "
Really, are they climate scientists? 

Seriously, I ask for citations of peer reviewed articles on this topic.
CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By CharlieTuna

Oh those silly scientists always making things up. They are quite clearly communists.

AllenV86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AllenV86
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Anilones said:
Because big stories like this bring in big money.  I suppose you belive the Earth will end in 2012 because the scientists say that too? What if the scientists said Earth doesn't exist and it's all an illusion and that you can wake up now? Would you believe it because the big bad scientists said so? What if a scientist said the Earth would end in 2000, or 1999, or th-oh wait, I'm pretty sure the super smart scientists DID say that...hmmmmm. "
lol most scientist say the 2012 stuff is BS only a small minority of scientists say its real, and the 2000 thing again was a speculation of several scientists and blown up by American journalism to scare people ( yet again ) for no real reason 

and this is the only thing i'm going to post here cause this is more a topic to evoke people to react and not to reasonably talk about someones opinion

grtz Allen :-p
CaptainMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CaptainMax

Everyone who fully beleives in global warming needs to read this.

http://www.canada.com/technology/Hacked+mails+heat+climate+change+debate/2277493/story.html

They have lied to us about alot people. There is proof.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Snipzor
Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Manatassi

Well done guys!  

Least actual evidence to back up random opinions ever. Not to mention the lack of any forethought and any kind of understanding of the subject coupled with the word Scientists being thrown around like crazy. 

Scientists are people. People have opinions and theories, on the whole "Scientists" try and back those up with EVIDENCE. Then present that information to other people. 

Morons are people. People who go on forums and spout angry statements without any research or EVIDENCE.  

Smartasses are People. People who read Morons posts and decide to comment on them. 

:)

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By Kazona

Global warming or not, it's a fact that humans are fucking up this planet bit by bit.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By zeforgotten
@Manatassi said:
" Well done guys!    Least actual evidence to back up random opinions ever. Not to mention the lack of any forethought and any kind of understanding of the subject coupled with the word Scientists being thrown around like crazy.  Scientists are people. People have opinions and theories, on the whole "Scientists" try and back those up with EVIDENCE. Then present that information to other people.  Morons are people. People who go on forums and spout angry statements without any research or EVIDENCE.   Smartasses are People. People who read Morons posts and decide to comment on them.  :) "
So which one of them are you? :P
Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Manatassi
@ZeForgotten: All three :P
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jimbo
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" As we hear on the news, and see on the internet the world is going through this BS called "Global warming."  Let me break in down for you, this is just warming, the earth goes through cycles.   As temperatures rise, ice melts, causing water levels to rise, causing the flow of currents heating the earth to stop, causing the earth to freeze again, causing the water currents to move again, causing the Earth to warm again, thus causing another "crisis" in the next generation of humanity.  Understand? "
I'm pretty sure you just broke most of the laws of physics.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zeforgotten
@Manatassi: Hah, glad someone are still able to take a joke around here :P 
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Cube
@Kazona: The Earth will be fine.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I would just like to start by saying that I have not seen the raw data for all major studies conducted into global warming, nor do I have the knowledge or experience to give a highly informed interpretation of such data and I assume the same applies to most if not all other people here. So in that sense I can never say my opinion is 100% justified, although based on what I've read here so far the OP doesn't seem to care much for backing up his point with actual evidence. Based on what I do know however, the rapid rise of temperatures we have seen in recent years goes quite a way beyond the natural warming of the Earth and I believe that humans are to blame. Furthermore I would like to see the academic paper that says the world will end in 2012.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By cinemandrew

This debate always confuses me. What's the point in arguing against a theory which advocates reducing pollution? It's effect on the environment may be debatable, but it's hard to deny that pollution has a negative effect on humans. So why can't we all just agree that pollution (in it's many forms) is a problem, and not worry about so much about the details of who, or what it's a problem for? The global warming argument is, at it's base level, an arguement for the continuation of our species. For this exact reason, we should most certainly reduce our pollution. Even if you don't believe in the rising threat of global warming, I doubt many people would try to promote inhaling exhaust fumes as a healthy lifestyle.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Diamond
@cinemandrew said:
This debate always confuses me. What's the point in arguing against a theory which advocates reducing pollution? It's effect on the environment may be debatable, but it's hard to deny that pollution has a negative effect on humans. So why can't we all just agree that pollution (in it's many forms) is a problem, and not worry about so much about the details of who, or what it's a problem for? The global warming argument is, at it's base level, an arguement for the continuation of our species. For this exact reason, we should most certainly reduce our pollution. Even if you don't believe in the rising threat of global warming, I doubt many people would try to promote inhaling exhaust fumes as a healthy lifestyle
A lot of people have been brainwashed by the billions of dollars invested by corporations with large pollution contributions.  These companies have spent billions of dollars for this very purpose.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49  Edited By super_machine

You realize its a hoax right? Human made green house gas just turns to rainbows when it saturates the atmosphere. You see, nature makes an exception to science for humans because humans have the right to rule.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#50  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @lilburtonboy7489 said:
" @ADTR_ZERO said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
you will care when u have kids some day "
No I really won't because this is all just one big hoax that is made to believe by Democrats and the Government. "
your a moron.