• 157 results
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#101 chaser324  Moderator

@microshock: Want me to really blow your mind? Sometimes even when I pickup a pizza, I'll still add a couple of dollars tip when I sign the credit card receipt.

microshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By microshock

@microshock: Want me to really blow your mind? Sometimes even when I pickup a pizza, I'll still add a couple of dollars tip when I sign the credit card receipt.

That's hilarious.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By Scrawnto

15-25%, depending on the weather. It was -5 Fahrenheit and icy last night! I think that deserves a decent tip!

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nothing, we don't really tip for pizza in the UK.

Unless, there is change in which case I say, "keep the change" and it makes me sound like a dick every time.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing, I've never really known people to tip in the UK at least none of my immediate friends and family do, not with fast food delivery or pizza

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I tip them well. It's an oddly dangerous job. Any job that involves driving is more dangerous than most, plus the crazy/drugged-up customers.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20%, rounded up to the nearest dollar. It's worth it to me to not have to get dressed, go outside, drive. Plus I get my order fast. If they say 45 minutes they're at my door in 25.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@bane:

Huh. I would've thought you'd simply open the door, look at the pizza delivery guy, breathing heavily, and then open your eyes wider and breathe heavier as time goes on, waiting for the delivery guy to just drop the pizza ad haul ass out of there before something horrible happens.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I tip 20%.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By phampire

Nothing. In Australia tipping is a weird American thing. Then again our minimum wage is better than yours.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

$2 is my minimum delivery tip, larger orders I will tip more. However it's usually no more than 10% as you are literally driving or biking to me, and handing me food. You did not prepare it, nor are you serving me (refilling water, getting drinks, etc)

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

10%. 2 bucks minimum

The driver is a not server and didn't take my order or anything other than delivery. Yet does deserve more if I have a large order.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

About $3, I think that's fair for my usual order of 2 mediums.

Except last time when I wrote $1.25 accidentally. Luckily I've never seen the same guy twice.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time I tipped a pizza guy it was $50... but that was because we ordered like 15 pizza's for a party. Normally don't because well... we pay people humanely down here.

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By RoyaleWifCheese

I tip about $5. It's an easy denomination to just hand someone so I can just shut the fucking door and eat.

In any setting, though, I tip extremely well. I learned very early on after I turned 21 that good tips are the best way to get (and keep) a bartender's attention.

galacticgravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hover at $2. Really depends on how many singles I have or will have after getting change.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preferably nothing (I almost always go get it myself) but $3 depending on their speed and friendliness (and most importantly if they charge for delivery). My girlfriend usually gives $5 but I think she is CRAZY.

itsmadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

DavidPoppell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$0. You do not tip anyone in China.

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Being a pizza delivery driver previously, the correct amount is $3-$4. As long as you tip more than a dollar, you're not scum. If you tip $3-$4, you're pretty rad. And if you tip more than $4, I'll look forward to delivering to you again (which means faster/better service (and yes, we do remember houses)).

I worked for Papa John's. They charge a delivery fee and we're given "gas money" on top of our wage, but we don't see the delivery fee and the gas money is no where near adequate for how much we actually drive. Tips are much appreciated and very awesome!

The more you know!

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Nothing. We don't have to in my country. I hated tipping in America... I was fine to do it, I get why it's a thing, but nobody would help or talk about it. It was always "oh you don't have to" or "just whatever you think is fair".

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They usually leave before I have a chance to tip, so nothing.

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Btw, while humorous, delivery drivers do not like to be tipped in physical goods, other than cash.

I remember delivering to a house in the 'burbs and this teen offered a 6 pack or $5. Maybe if it was something slightly nicer than Bud Light, I would've taken the 6 pack...

I also delivered to this sketchy-looking apartment that had black curtains covering all of the windows. When they answered the door, there was a visible cloud of smoke escaping from the home and wreaked of weed. The dude was all glassy eyed (obviously), and I'm not entirely sure he remembered ordering the pizzas. But he tipped decently, so no complaints!

On the other end of the spectrum, I once delivered to the high school I attended. I think it was for a football event of some kind, but not an actual game. They ordered ~20 items (pizza, dessert, soda, etc.), and tipped like $1.50. I was fucking pissed. It's a pain in the ass to deliver that much stuff and it cuts into your ability to make other runs. I already had a negative impression of the football dudes at school, but that made me really dislike them.

I know these aren't terribly exciting stories, but it was fun to reminisce!

PS: I was also tipped $20 for a single pizza once. That was awesome.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man America is weird, why not just pay your food service people the same minimum wage as everyone else?

Also why don't you include tax on the price of things, that's dumb.

Also free health care is great, you should give it a go.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#125  Edited By DarthOrange

@wjb said:

Over 50 posts and no embedded Reservoir Dogs clip.

Good job, guys.

What do you mean good job? This is an outrage!

Loading Video...

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#126  Edited By Vextroid

When ever I order pizza I have a $50 note and order close to $50 worth of pizza (including sides and drinks etc.). (I only do this once a year so I splurge a bit + I like cold pizza in the mornings), so I just let him/her keep the change, what ever the difference is.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I once ended up accidentally tipping 36 dollars because instead of giving a 20 and a 5 I gave a 50 and a 5. By the time I realized what I had done I had already given him the money and told him to keep the change. He looked really happy so I didn't say anything.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live on a University campus and I feel like very few people tip delivery drivers here. I either go for $2.50 or if they have a debit/credit machine that calculates the percentages for you I go with 15%

When I'm on a less strict budget I go for a bit more, I'll either tell them to keep the change, or if it's like $39 I'll throw them $4.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We don't tip over here.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't If they don't get payed enough they should get a better job

So say the great philosopher 'darkdragonmage99'

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#131  Edited By s10129107

Universal guide to tipping. Multiply the total by two. Divide by 10. Done.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#132  Edited By Dark

@lclay said:

Man America is weird, why not just pay your food service people the same minimum wage as everyone else?

Also why don't you include tax on the price of things, that's dumb.

Also free health care is great, you should give it a go.

From what I understand, it was started to basically make sure that the 'hospitality' service did a good job. If you did a good job, you got good tips and got a good wage. If you did a bad job, bad tips and lower wage thus giving you an incentive to be better.

That's what I got from some american in a pub in Australia, I generally don't tip (don't do it in aus) however if its like 18 bucks or something I just give them a 20 and tell them to keep the change.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By tsutohiro

The change plus. Up to the roundest number of bills, but never more than $5.

Universal guide to tipping. Multiply the total by two. Divide by 10. Done.

This might become my new rule of thumb.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tipping is for Americans.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By HerbieBug

I usually do pickup. I don't like people coming to my house.

Amazon's autonomous delivery drones seem like they have pizza delivery written all over them. Now THAT I will pay an extra fee for. Because flying robot delivered pizza is the future. It's the dream.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

10%

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't tip.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually 20 percent or 5 bucks, whichever is higher.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing! If I tried to tip them, they'd give it back to me. Korea doesn't know what tipping is. If I could tip, I'd have to tip them quite a bit probably since most pizza delivery boys here are just that: boys in their teens who dropped out of high school to drive crappy scooters way too fast in scary-ass traffic. The mortality rate for food delivery people is disturbing. They should probably be getting danger pay.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phampire said:

Nothing. In Australia tipping is a weird American thing. Then again our minimum wage is better than yours.

Is it large enough to offset some comparatively-higher prices? This isn't snark, I'm actually curious.

My standard tip is $3 on anything less than $40 and after that it moves up to 20%.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crembaw: The minimum wage is roughly 15 AUD which works out to be 13.56 USD an hour. That being said it's more common to tip for lunch and even more so for dinner. Not out of obligation though, rather it's if you had good service.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spit is not one of my favorite pizza toppings, so usually around 5 bucks.

Don't you tip when he hands it to you, or after? How could that individual spit in it then? Just saying. I've never personally tipped anyone since I never got the door and didn't pay for the pizza.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between $3 and $5.

I consider $4 to be the baseline tip for bringing food to my door. You get 25% more or less depending on how much you suck/rock.

limpbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By limpbishop

Not often i order, so when it happens I don't mind tipping the guys well.

So like on a 22.5€ order we made the other day, I gave the guy 30€, told him to keep the change. 40-45 mins later, it rang on the door - the guy was back in the neighborhood, he gave us two cans of coke and homemade Tiramisu from the Italian restaurant we ordered from, and he refused to get paid for that. Nice dessert!

What comes around, goes around in my world :)

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By J12088

I don't. His job is easy.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually tip him like a buck or something because the pizza place is 6 blocks away from my house. I usually try and have the end total be an even 15 or 20. How much do you tip your pizza guys?

I am kind of intrigue by the culture of "tipping". While I was in the US, people would often tell me that tipping 15-30% is kind of the polite thing to do and yet many in this very thread are saying they don't tip at all or something amounting to 5-10% tip. I guess I am just wondering if I had spend way too much money on tips when I was there.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I save all the crusts from the pizza before and use those as the tip. If they're pronto then they also get mayonnaise.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am notorious for tipping waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much. One time I tipped the delivery lady more than the pizza cost. It was snowing and the roads were shit, but even without that I typically tip 8-10 dollars.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

@oldenglishc said:

Don't you tip when he hands it to you, or after? How could that individual spit in it then? Just saying. I've never personally tipped anyone since I never got the door and didn't pay for the pizza.

Once those delivery guys know that a certain address never tips, they do terrible things to that food on the drive over. I guess if you never order form the same pizza place twice, not tipping would be perfectly safe.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

@oldenglishc said:

Once those delivery guys know that a certain address never tips, they do terrible things to that food on the drive over. I guess if you never order form the same pizza place twice, not tipping would be perfectly safe.

Exactly :P. Or you can just complain about the pizza guy and he gets fired. No, I'm just kidding. I know what you mean, but still, I was referring to the first time, not subsequent times. Hm, I'm going to go out for pizza tonight.