I always wanted to be able to speak ....?

• 128 results
Lotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Lotus

Mandarin, because i wanna be ready for the future.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Klingon, so I can go to Star Trek meetings and swear at people.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Arbie

I guess I've always wanted to be fluent in Italian...which is exactly why I chose to study Japanese at Uni...

MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MadeinFinland

German, Italian, or Russian. I am fluent in English and French already.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By crusader8463
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Gunner
@rjayb89 said:
" British English with the accent and the works. "
Call people who piss you off a "wanker",  call all bars "pubs" and all beers "pints", say "bloody" before every noun and "brilliant" whenever you get excited about something.

You're welcome.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#57  Edited By rjayb89

*FIST PUMP*

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58  Edited By Animasta
@KittenMitten said:
" German, because I want to say long/awesome as hell words like "  Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung" "
all those words are are different words strung together. They just take it to the logical extreme.
MotionPolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MotionPolo

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AlexW00d
@Gunner said:

" @rjayb89 said:

Call people who piss you off a "wanker",  call all bars "pubs" and all beers "pints", say "bloody" before every noun and "brilliant" whenever you get excited about something.  You're welcome. "
 Pubs and Bars are different. Us English have bars too, although they are where trendy, pretentious folk go. The rest is correct though, although it is more like WANKAHHHHHHHHH! 

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I wanna learn Italian, Russian, then maybe Hebrew, and Latin.
ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By ZimboDK
@rjayb89 said:
Do what me and my friends did when we were younger: Go to the local English pub (if you have one of course). Talk to people about football (soccer). If you don't know anything about soccer, make up a fake team. Mine was called Shatwell United. We were based south of Glasgow (I pretended to be Scottish), and were doing pretty well in the Scottish 3rd Division. Also, a random "wanker" and "Oi!" now and then is always a good idea. Ton of fun if you're drunk.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#62  Edited By wefwefasdf

Italian. I will never learn Spanish. I refuse!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By iam3green

spanish and italian. i'm italian so it would be nice. spanish because it's pretty much the second language in US.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64  Edited By lazyturtle

Ok..first of all, I'd like to be able to speak my native language (English) correctly..:) 

Other than that, I've had the desire to learn German, Spanish and Japanese, however I suck at languages and have gotten to the same point with Japanese and German: I can say please, thank you, hello, good morning, good night and count to 10. 
Spanish I'm slightly better, but I still suck.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Spanish. I took it seriously for about four years but dropped it in my final year of high school because I simply wasn't motivated enough to continue (and my C in the class forbid me from going into the next level). It would be cool to know, though.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By rjaylee
@MysteriousBob said:
"Oh and if anyone in this thread says "JAPANESE BECAUSE I LIKE ANIME AND JRPGS OMG LOL AND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND ITS SUBTLE JOKES THAT ARE LOST IN LOCALISATION" I will come to your home and stab you. "
I will gladly come along and assist you in all these stabbings.

Anyways, I would want to learn Cantonese and Mandarin on the side. Why? Because I'm actually Chinese but can't speak a word of either. However, If someone speaks to me in Cantonese, I can perfectly understand it because I grew up with my parents speaking to me in Cantonese, but if I was to communicate back in the same language, I would sound like the whitest motherfucker in the world trying to speak it because I don't have the accent for it.
BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BaneFireLord

I wish I was fluent in Russian, but I don't want to learn it; I'm too busy learning French and Latin.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#68  Edited By StarvingGamer
@MysteriousBob: Japanese because I want to watch anime and play games that never come out over here?  Or take forever to localize?  OMG LOL?
cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By cnlmullen

I'd like to learn Portuguese because I love Brazilian music. Caetano Veloso and  Antonio Carlos Jobim are among my favorite musicians. 

I mean how awesome is that.
SamSharp505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SamSharp505

Russian or Spanish 
Spanish cause I love Spain and I've always wanted to and I had to take French instead at school. :( and Russian cause it sounds fucking awesome 

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ben99

I speak both Arabic and English. Knowing the insides of both cultures behind  both languages certainly gave me some insights .

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Japanese so I can go all Tokyo drift... 

I was looking at the job section of the newspaper today and there is an advertisement that reads like this: 
Japanese wait-person urgently required for Chinese  restaurant. 
LMFAO!

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gunner said:
" @rjayb89 said:
Call people who piss you off a "wanker",  call all bars "pubs" and all beers "pints", say "bloody" before every noun and "brilliant" whenever you get excited about something.  You're welcome. "
That's bloody brilliant you wanker, would you like to meet me at the pub and buy me a pint?
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#74  Edited By artofwar420

I'm learning Japanese and can read it (not fully undestand it) pretty well, and make myself understood. So the next language I'd love to learn would be Russian ('cause STALKER) then Portuguese, cause it's sexy.
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75  Edited By dichemstys

Spanish for sure. In my community it's kind of essential.

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Wasara88

Daz German comes to mind, because of it's extreme usefulness. Russian would be handy too.....@artofwar420 said:

" I'm learning Japanese and can read it (not fully undestand it) pretty well, and make myself understood. So the next language I'd love to learn would be Russian ('cause STALKER) then Portuguese, cause it's sexy. "
don't they speak ukrainian in Stalker?
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Aus_azn

Japanese and Korean. I know Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese already, so I thought that I'd finish the East Asian trilogy. Plus, I like K-variety shows and Japanese games, so...

On the matter of the common foreign languages: I had three years of French study in junior high, followed by 4 years of accelerated Spanish in high school. What's moderately pathetic is that I still remember and can speak French, but can recall only a negligible amount of Spanish. Neither have any application in my current field of work. All I can reminisce is that studying a foreign language in school is complete and utter bunk.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Latin seems like a cool language, so maybe that.

Or Korean so I could watch the Korean SCII streams.

Japanese so I could import Tales games.

I can't decide. D=

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#79  Edited By WickedCestus

Esperanto because it is the most useful language. Seriously though, I'm already learning Japanese, so that.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MysteriousBob said:
" Portuguese. Because I'm half  Portuguese and I want to be able to have a conversation with half of my family.  Oh and if anyone in this thread says "JAPANESE BECAUSE I LIKE ANIME AND JRPGS OMG LOL AND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND ITS SUBTLE JOKES THAT ARE LOST IN LOCALISATION" I will come to your home and stab you. "
hahaha i hate people like that, i mean it gives us japanese people a terrible rep among the people that i talk to and hand out with.  ya i never really got into anime and i dont plan on it because i dont want to be consider part of that demographic to be honest.  i know some japanese and i have a pretty solid accent but ive been starting to suck lately cause i quit listens many years ago...  im planning to take lessons later on in my life.  ill join in on the stabbing if you want
PaulRevere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By PaulRevere

I've had about five years of German and plan to continue with it. Besides that, I suppose Spanish would be useful, but whatever. I'd like to learn some Russian and Arabic... hell, even some French.

darknaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By darknaut

Kind of amusing how you actually have to be defensive about wanting to learn Japanese lest you get stereotyped with people who interject kawaii into every sentence amongst their English words, and think anime is always great no matter what because it's Japanese. 

That said, I'm actually working towards Japanese right now, in the interest of an Asian Studies major. I plan on picking up Mandarin at some point in the future too, and I'd love to have time to at least get some learning done with Cantonese and Korean too at some point. I'm a massive history and language nerd so this kind of stuff is right down my ally.        

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#83  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@MysteriousBob said:
" Portuguese. Because I'm half  Portuguese and I want to be able to have a conversation with half of my family.  Oh and if anyone in this thread says "JAPANESE BECAUSE I LIKE ANIME AND JRPGS OMG LOL AND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND ITS SUBTLE JOKES THAT ARE LOST IN LOCALISATION" I will come to your home and stab you. "
curses now I must come up with another answer
zepp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By zepp

I know some basic Norwegian(I'm half Norwegian) and French ( took it for 4 years in high school). I'd like to learn more of both though, to really master the language I suppose you could say.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Demyx

I can read Spanish alright. but i have problems listening and speaking.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By harinosho

Cantonese and Russian.. cos learning Japanese does not seem to benefit me in the long run (most japs say an english word (pronounciation being terrible) in every sentence anyway. 

cantonese (maybe mandarin) sounds cool, russian is just an awesome language

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#87  Edited By randiolo
@phrosnite said:
" @randiolo said:
" @phrosnite: yuk really?  "
wow, wow, wow, wow?! What do you have against german? Sick bastard! "
nothing against Germans, its just the language is just difficult to listen to.
fearthephins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By fearthephins

I would like to learn Italian so I could communicate with some family members...because it's a bit difficult to do so at the moment. I wish I knew so many languages though.... I only know English and French. Hopefully I'll get to learn more in the future :)

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#89  Edited By blackbird415

Japanese. For obvious and less obvious reasons. Some Asian language because that would accommodate the largest proportion of the worlds population. Plus the way Asian languages work apparently is that they are super complicated because they were designed to me more universal. If you know Chinese in theory you should be able to get the gist of Korean or Japanese.

edit: russian would also be awesome.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#90  Edited By ajamafalous

Old Norse.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#91  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Spanish because I'm Puerto Rican, and by learning that you can get by italian speaking peoples.
Greek because I'm Greek.
Japanese because I like the way it sounds and busting that shit out would be crazy and impressive, more so than greek.
But after Spanish class those dreams are tarnished now.  

Also what in the hell is with anime and jrpgs being such a target for hatred on this site.  I can understand not liking or even hating the style but being annoyed by people that like/love those things because they think they are good/great is really dickish and hints at ignorance.  And not just this thread either.

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By tomte

I already speak swedish, english and japanese, i also studied german for 4 years earlier.

Next i'd like to learn korean or cantonese

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Lautaro
@SethPhotopoulos said: 

" Spanish because I'm Puerto Rican, and by learning that you can get by italian speaking peoples.Greek because I'm Greek.Japanese because I like the way it sounds and busting that shit out would be crazy and impressive, more so than greek.But after Spanish class those dreams are tarnished now.   Also what in the hell is with anime and jrpgs being such a target for hatred on this site.  I can understand not liking or even hating the style but being annoyed by people that like/love those things because they think they are good/great is really dickish and hints at ignorance.  And not just this thread either. "

I don't even watch anime and am baffled by the weird hatred for it here, in fact it seems like there is just a general distaste for Japanese products.  In regards to original question I know Spanish and English, so yeah I probably would go for something like Japanese or chinese. 
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Japanese, because someday I would like to live there.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By tebbit
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Japanese because I like anime and JRPGs and I'm that kind of geek geek DEAL WITH IT MYSTERIOUSBOB. "
Japanese because I like anime and JRPGs 

HE CAN'T KILL ALL OF US!
velucyraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#96  Edited By velucyraptor

Sindarin. 
Failing that, Quenya, Latin, Klingon, Black Speech.
Right so apparently the only languages I've ever fallen in love with are either dead or constructed for a fictional universe, Lucy 0 World 1

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Japanese for the sole purpose of importing games I wouldn't play otherwise. And so I can watch anime without subs if I wanted to.

I don't want to do anything special with it. Sure, I'd like to visit Japan but it's not on my 'to do list." Basically, just so I can waste even more time than I do now.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Subjugation

Japanese because those chicks are hot. Well, the hot ones are hot. The not-hot ones are not hot. Great, now they are like the rest of the women in the world. KAWAII DESU DESU DESU ~~~~~!!!!

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#99  Edited By benpack

French. I have family in France that I would love to be able to visit and converse with. Alas I elected to learn Spanish in high school.

petitfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By petitfool

Ironically, I'd most want to speak German. I'd like to travel to my ancestor's home country.