Is Brad a PC "fanboy"?

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yeahimjordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By yeahimjordan

@Seedofpower said:

@Xtrememuffinman said:

@Strife777 said:
@JasonR86

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258 said:

@JasonR86 said:

God.

Buddha.

Science.

...that is not a deity.

Jesus?

ME!
BATMAN

God Emperor of Man-kind.

The GOD-DAMN BATMAN!

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Terramagi

PC doesn't have fanboys.

PC has the enlightened, hoping to spread the truth to the unwashed masses that are caked in their own ignorance.

Also filth.

Cerevisiae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Cerevisiae

The console generation has dragged on so long and PC is just so far ahead at this point. And some of the pluses of consoles are really...not so much anymore. Steam/GOG/GMG/Amazon sales >Used games. Preload and play > Preorder, download day one patch, enter Online Pass key, and play. 1080p and 60+ FPS>720p and 30FPS.

When the next generation of consoles come (or hit their stride, in the case of the Wii U), maybe things will even out a bit. At least for a little while.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Turambar

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258 said:

@JasonR86 said:

God.

Buddha.

Science.

...that is not a deity.

Neither is Buddha.

Etnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Etnos

so, yeah this is a picture of a bear mounting a horse

No Caption Provided

I really like it, its pretty cool. Think about it! .. a bear mounting a horse..

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By crusader8463

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Tested ain't got shit on this.

Also I loved how indifferent the crew were towards the PC back in those days. Oh how far we've come.

Heh, I remember that video pissing me off back in the day. When it started to play I was so excited to finally get to see a video like the one the tested guys ended up eventually doing. When I hit play and saw the short play time my heart sank, and as the video started it sank even lower. It was around the time I was thinking of building a new PC, I eventually didn't until many years later, and was looking forward to finally having something to use as a reference. Plus, as you said, it was a time on GB when the PC was constantly getting shit on and dismissed as nothing worth paying attention to by the guys so it felt like they were just going out of their way to annoy PC fans with that video.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#57  Edited By Kidavenger

@Alexandru: What about Vinny make you think he's a console guy? If he hadn't talked in the last few weeks about buying a Wii U, I'd be surprised if he even had a console.

Casey25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Casey25

@Terramagi said:

PC doesn't have fanboys.

PC has the enlightened, hoping to spread the truth to the unwashed masses that are caked in their own ignorance.

Also filth.

Thou art astute in the delineation of our ways, brother. Let the masses ascertain and be ordained with the hope that one day they too may set their gaze upon the glorious sight of a sexy looking pc game at 60+ fps on ultra. Perhaps the high primarch Gaben shalt be our luminary to the future.

Man, now all i can picture is Gabe Newell in Space Marine power armor, with that goofy smile and glasses.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I think Brad's probably gonna go where the best experience is and that's the PC right now. I wouldn't say fanboy necessarily, those people usually stick with a platform and dump on everyone else. Next console generation he'll be all over em.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Hunkulese

So everyone wants the best gaming experience but since Brad wanted it first he's a fanboy? Maybe he just wants the best experience. Maybe.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#61  Edited By BeachThunder

@JasonR86 said:

God.

Godfuck

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

I'm not sure if the OP even said anything.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ThePaleKing

Not counting Drew or Dave, I'd say Vinny talks the most about PC games.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By NegativeCero

The term "fanboy" is considered to be negative, so don't be surprised by the response you've gotten. I also feel like they all like the PC right now because everything looks way better there.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#65  Edited By Slag

If Brad thinks one version of a game is better than another I'd like to know. Even if he's exaggerating, at least the viewer now has context on the versions stack up.

That's the sort of information I'd like out of opinion.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By NTM

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258 said:

@JasonR86 said:

God.

Buddha.

Science.

And 'allah' that shit.

Point_Man1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Point_Man1

@FluxWaveZ said:

That was painful to watch. Any time i watch someone being careless with expensive electronics it hurts. I should go get that checked out...

light_grenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By light_grenade
@gaminghooligan: Bacon?
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By Snail

How has this thread not yet been locked?

It's four pages long. Four. Of this.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By laserbolts

Does he prefer PC? I would assume so but I dont think it makes him a fanboy.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By laserbolts

@JasonR86 said:

@beeftothetaco said:

@ImaTreee said:

@DoctorWelch said:

@Xtrememuffinman said:

@Strife777 said:
@JasonR86

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258 said:

@JasonR86 said:

God.

Buddha.

Science.

...that is not a deity.

Jesus?

ME!
BATMAN

Satan...

Steve Respectively Senior the Third

This is stupid

Don't ruin our fun.

This is fun? Fair enough.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#72  Edited By ThePickle
No Caption Provided
Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Zelyre

@Casey25 said:

Thou art astute in the delineation of our ways, brother. Let the masses ascertain and be ordained with the hope that one day they too may set their gaze upon the glorious sight of a sexy looking pc game at 60+ fps on ultra. Perhaps the high primarch Gaben shalt be our luminary to the future.

Man, now all i can picture is Gabe Newell in Space Marine power armor, with that goofy smile and glasses.

Gabe would be the man on the golden throne himself, The Emprah. Using his will to guide us to savings and fun. I remember the Microsoft Heresy. When Microsoft turned on PC gaming, it caused the mighty empire to crumble. Microsoft took with it many of the PC gaming primarchs. It has been the will of The Emprah Gabe that has kept PC gaming alive, and because of The Emprah, PC gaming has risen from ruin.

We shall game for Gabe, and we shall know no fear.

(Or... these Forgeworld resin bits are -super- toxic, as are the superglue fumes. I should... open a window, or something.)

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SeanFoster

He's a realist.

Point_Man1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Point_Man1

For those saying PC is picking up as consoles are slowing down in terms of power, that makes no sense. PC never stopped being more powerful then the consoles. I was a console only person my entire life, mostly because i had no experience with PCs and they cost a shit-ton. I recently built one (3 months ago) and it's fantastic. It's so versatile as well. For example, i was playing Trine 2 local co-op with 2 other people. I used a keyboard+Mouse, the second person used an Xbox 360 controller, and the third person used a Dualshock 3. I love the PC. Though i still own consoles. I tend to buy the exclusives on the consoles and get the multiplats on the PC. I'd assume anyone that isn't a "fanboy" and likes PC is the same way. I might be a graphics whore, but well, so what haha. I love seeing where video game technology will go next. As reference, Assassin's Creed 3 on consoles is set on low settings, while on PC you're free to go to max as long as your rig can handle it.

Also, if you're wondering why i am replying seriously to this thread, well, it's cause i'm bored. I'll go play something now.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#76  Edited By tourgen

dude, he played Doom on an xbox for achievements and for the fun of it. There's videos and everything. No true PC Overlord would ever consider such a thing.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Joker369

@laserbolts said:

@JasonR86 said:

@beeftothetaco said:

@ImaTreee said:

@DoctorWelch said:

@Xtrememuffinman said:

@Strife777 said:
@JasonR86

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258 said:

@JasonR86 said:

God.

Buddha.

Science.

...that is not a deity.

Jesus?

ME!
BATMAN

Satan...

This is stupid

Don't ruin our fun.

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Casey25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Casey25

@Zelyre said:

@Casey25 said:

Gabe would be the man on the golden throne himself, The Emprah. Using his will to guide us to savings and fun. I remember the Microsoft Heresy. When Microsoft turned on PC gaming, it caused the mighty empire to crumble. Microsoft took with it many of the PC gaming primarchs. It has been the will of The Emprah Gabe that has kept PC gaming alive, and because of The Emprah, PC gaming has risen from ruin.

We shall game for Gabe, and we shall know no fear.

(Or... these Forgeworld resin bits are -super- toxic, as are the superglue fumes. I should... open a window, or something.)

Very nice analogy.

FOR THE EMPERORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PURGE THE NINTENDO WII GREENSKIN XENOS! THEIR CASUAL MARKET FILTH AND CARNIVAL GAMES MUST BE PURGED FROM SUBSECTOR BOMBRELIA!

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mordukai

This thread is going places.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#80  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@Joker369 said:

@laserbolts said:

@JasonR86 said:

@beeftothetaco said:

@ImaTreee said:

@DoctorWelch said:

@Xtrememuffinman said:

@Strife777 said:
@JasonR86

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258 said:

@JasonR86 said:

God.

Buddha.

Science.

...that is not a deity.

Jesus?

ME!
BATMAN

Satan...

This is stupid

Don't ruin our fun.

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Food....am I doing this right?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#81  Edited By Justin258

@Turambar said:

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258 said:

@JasonR86 said:

God.

Buddha.

Science.

...that is not a deity.

Neither is Buddha.

You'll have to excuse my cultural ignorance on that part. I was trying to post something as quickly as possible related to religion so that it would be right under JasonR86's post. And even then I didn't know that Buddha wasn't a deity.

But really I was thinking that we could get a long list of worshipped images and/or beings. That... kind of panned out? It wound up with the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

Anyhoo, very little of this thread has been taken particularly serious so I'll note Buddha's lack of deity status and move on.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#82  Edited By vaiz

@believer258 said:

@Turambar said:

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258 said:

@JasonR86 said:

God.

Buddha.

Science.

...that is not a deity.

Neither is Buddha.

You'll have to excuse my cultural ignorance on that part. I was trying to post something as quickly as possible related to religion so that it would be right under JasonR86's post. And even then I didn't know that Buddha wasn't a deity.

But really I was thinking that we could get a long list of worshipped images and/or beings. That... kind of panned out? It wound up with the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

Anyhoo, very little of this thread has been taken particularly serious so I'll note Buddha's lack of deity status and move on.

This has become a really weird conversation.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By audiosnow

@Demonsoul said:

Duh......Starcraft 2 is only on PC. Starcraft 2 = Brad Shoemaker

Rarely does one see such truth in a first post. I expect great things from you.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's nothing wrong with having most of your gaming experiences on the PC, and it is a better platform in most ways, but the problem arises when you're too far in that bubble that, as a game critic, you lose self awareness and pass off opinions of the niche version of the game as a recommendation for that game on all platforms.  

Far Cry 3 is a good example of this. Brad calls the console versions utter shit, but still gives all versions 5 stars. There is nothing wrong having a low opinion of console graphics stability, but it raises an eyebrow when you score versions you view as so categorically inferior, at the same perfect level. There's something to be said, I think, for having, as a game critic, an experience more like that of the average consumer. You start to lose touch when you go too deep in the other direction, I think.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

How is this thread not closed yet?

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Subjugation

Preferring a platform doesn't make you a "fanboy". That term is egregiously misused. Fanboy territory is when you are decidedly ignorant to the facts and blindly defend something. They also love to instigate juvenile arguing, commonly on a false or subjective premise.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BisonHero

@alternate said:

nah, but he has always been a bit of a gfx whore. So no surprise that as the consoles start to look old he is favouring PC.

Patrick called it right. Far Cry 3 on xbox is no worse than many other titles and is perfectly playable apart from a few dicey moments - usually when it is dealing with numerous enemies and modelling a lot of fire at the same time (e.g. crop burning mission)..

I think Brad does get a little carried away by graphics compared to the rest of the staff. At least, that seems to be a main reason why he's so wowed by games like LA Noire and RAGE for the first couple weeks, then later his opinion is considerably lower once he accepts that they're not so super fun to play.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#88  Edited By Hunter5024

I think if all platforms were equal, he would still play games on the pc. But that's fine.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#89  Edited By Little_Socrates

@ZeForgotten said:

I think Brad just has a better experience with PC gaming compared to gaming on a console. Doesn't really make him a fanboy.
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SpecTackle

Is OP a shit thread fanboy? I mean think about it, he made this thread and it's shit. He must be.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91  Edited By JudgeDread

Once you go PC you dont go back

going back to console after playing a PC is like driving a Skoda after driving a Porsche

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#92  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

And this is one of the major reasons why the mod team aren't too hot on the "Is there something very wrong with this staff member?" threads. This thread is chock full of derailing, off-topic discussion, and quote pyramids. This doesn't need to be a thing.