New arrival to the family

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By OmegaPirate

No of course i'm not talking about a child, still far too young for that stuff yet!!! 

But yesterday -after much debating, and a heap of help from you guys over the past few weeks :- http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/alright-im-going-to-buy-a-360-what-do-i-need-to-know/239776/?page=2

I finally swung by and picked up my very first microsoft console, in this case a 360 elite ^_^.

I am a little late coming to the party i guess but with the majority of my friends being ps3 owners and the ps3 exclusives being more appealing i've never saw reason to pick up a 360, - i'm not going to go into much detail because the initial story is also in the above posted link - but using your knowledge, and recommendations i managed to do a bit of haggling and pick up quite a bargain.

Initially the only deal i could find was either an elite + fable 2 for £260 , or an elite + extra controller + resi5 for £220.
Whilst i wanted to get fable 2 anyway, i thought this was a bit steep for just the console and the game, and the other bundles extra controller was tempting, i've already got resi5 for the ps3 and done that game to death, so it was a bit of a no go.

I was beginning to lose hope at this point, as i was unable to find a bundle that was sating all of my needs  -cursing my american brethren for their fantastic bundles i strolled past my little used gamestation, sighed and walked in.

Im glad i did.

I walked out of there, with :-

• Black elite
  • All hdmi cables etc
  • Headset
  • Extra controller + headset
  • Burnout paradise
  • Trivial pursuit (it came with the bundle ok!)
  • Mass effect
  • Fable 2
  • Gears of war
  • Gears of war 2
  • Left 4 dead

All for £240!

It did in totall come to £270 when i payed for 3 years insurance with the shop covering absolutely everything -as in -if it red ringed i could take it to them and theyd replace it for me.

So for 3 years cover, and seeing as i'd saved well over £150 already, i figured that was a sweet deal.

Even better was when i got home and realised that as soon as i logged on, microsoft offered me a years Gold membership for £34. I of course jumped at the offer, and was damn surprised as to how easy setting everything up was.

Of course no introduction would be complete without pictures, so here's my new baby sat beside her brother -my ps3 - and they are getting along swimmingly :D

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Funnily enough no one console is getting all of the attention, which im pleased at, after a lengthy few hours left 4 dead session last night, i was able to sink my teeth into a couple of hours of killzone 2 and penny arcade  -having both consoles worth of exclusives is - at this moment -close to perfection.
And talking to my friends on party chat whilst they were playing something completely different was an eye opener for me!! although i still kinda prefer the ps3's text entry system)

So anyway - now i own both consoles and look forward to playing my 360 as heavily as i have my ps3 over the past 2 years, i have changed my stance to neutral (only reason being sony before was i only had a ps3) -and would love to add as many of you guys as possible to show me the ropes/destroy me.

Anyway, thats my new baby! im an overjoyed owner - thanks for reading and have a lovelyday ^^

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate

No of course i'm not talking about a child, still far too young for that stuff yet!!! 

But yesterday -after much debating, and a heap of help from you guys over the past few weeks :- http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/alright-im-going-to-buy-a-360-what-do-i-need-to-know/239776/?page=2

I finally swung by and picked up my very first microsoft console, in this case a 360 elite ^_^.

I am a little late coming to the party i guess but with the majority of my friends being ps3 owners and the ps3 exclusives being more appealing i've never saw reason to pick up a 360, - i'm not going to go into much detail because the initial story is also in the above posted link - but using your knowledge, and recommendations i managed to do a bit of haggling and pick up quite a bargain.

Initially the only deal i could find was either an elite + fable 2 for £260 , or an elite + extra controller + resi5 for £220.
Whilst i wanted to get fable 2 anyway, i thought this was a bit steep for just the console and the game, and the other bundles extra controller was tempting, i've already got resi5 for the ps3 and done that game to death, so it was a bit of a no go.

I was beginning to lose hope at this point, as i was unable to find a bundle that was sating all of my needs  -cursing my american brethren for their fantastic bundles i strolled past my little used gamestation, sighed and walked in.

Im glad i did.

I walked out of there, with :-

• Black elite
  • All hdmi cables etc
  • Headset
  • Extra controller + headset
  • Burnout paradise
  • Trivial pursuit (it came with the bundle ok!)
  • Mass effect
  • Fable 2
  • Gears of war
  • Gears of war 2
  • Left 4 dead

All for £240!

It did in totall come to £270 when i payed for 3 years insurance with the shop covering absolutely everything -as in -if it red ringed i could take it to them and theyd replace it for me.

So for 3 years cover, and seeing as i'd saved well over £150 already, i figured that was a sweet deal.

Even better was when i got home and realised that as soon as i logged on, microsoft offered me a years Gold membership for £34. I of course jumped at the offer, and was damn surprised as to how easy setting everything up was.

Of course no introduction would be complete without pictures, so here's my new baby sat beside her brother -my ps3 - and they are getting along swimmingly :D

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Funnily enough no one console is getting all of the attention, which im pleased at, after a lengthy few hours left 4 dead session last night, i was able to sink my teeth into a couple of hours of killzone 2 and penny arcade  -having both consoles worth of exclusives is - at this moment -close to perfection.
And talking to my friends on party chat whilst they were playing something completely different was an eye opener for me!! although i still kinda prefer the ps3's text entry system)

So anyway - now i own both consoles and look forward to playing my 360 as heavily as i have my ps3 over the past 2 years, i have changed my stance to neutral (only reason being sony before was i only had a ps3) -and would love to add as many of you guys as possible to show me the ropes/destroy me.

Anyway, thats my new baby! im an overjoyed owner - thanks for reading and have a lovelyday ^^

Nicholasotzs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nicholasotzs

I like your choice of a white controller. Mixing it up a bit.

Congrats on the purchase.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

I knew my advice of "The Xbox 360 Elite is black" would make your decision!

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hitchenson

Get Halo 3 nao! :D

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By toowalrus
Hitchenson said:
"Get Halo 3 nao! :D"
Contrary to popular belief, the Xbox will STILL function if you haven't bought a copy of Halo!
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hitchenson
TooWalrus said:
"Hitchenson said:
Contrary to popular belief, the Xbox will STILL function if you haven't bought a copy of Halo!"
Pfft, yeah that's a sure way to get RRoD ;D
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate

Lol cheers guys :) i will pick up halo 3 at some point, i know a fair few of my friends on here are mad into it :) 

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Vinchenzo

It's so cute!

Avatar image for wallacethegreat
WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By WallacetheGreat

If you really love zombie massacres, I would suggest you pick up Dead Rising as well, if you can find it.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaPirate

Oooh i forgot about that one -reckon i'll get enough out of it before the sequel comes out?

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By guiseppe

Great games to start with. And as WallacetheGreat said, get Dead Rising too :D.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By maxszy

Enjoy Fable 2! I sure as hell did! Wonderfully enjoyable game!

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eelcire

Have fun with you games! Fable II is great and you may want to get some Live Points to get the expansions to it (and a few great arcade titles).

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OmegaPirate

Yeah - ive been playing it co-op with my girlfriend, she's just left to go home so im playing through the first gears to et some bloodlust out the way, but the couple of hours we put into fable 2 - it's brilliant, i havent played anything like it for quite some time, just the kind of game i was hoping it would be in all honesty :D

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By get2sammyb

I am disgusted with these turn of events. ;)

Literally puking all over my desk.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OmegaPirate

:P gimme a spoon ill eat the lumpy bits!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By get2sammyb
OmegaPirate said:
":P gimme a spoon ill eat the lumpy bits!"
Why is it that vomit always has carrots in it, even if you haven't eaten carrots?
Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Carlos1408

People always say that about vomit, but it does happen to be true sometimes....

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pibo47

I think you just found your ps3 a soul mate...until the 360 just stops trying and they get a divorce...BUT with your prenuptial agreement you can get a new 360 good as new!

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gizmo

Fable 2 is probably the best RPG I have ever played, enjoy.

Out of interest, which store did you buy it from? Even if you DO have insurance most stores try to fob you off with the "here's the Microsoft number" route. Damn stores don't know the Sales of Goods act if it slapped them in the face!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OmegaPirate
Gizmo said:
"Fable 2 is probably the best RPG I have ever played, enjoy.Out of interest, which store did you buy it from? Even if you DO have insurance most stores try to fob you off with the "here's the Microsoft number" route. Damn stores don't know the Sales of Goods act if it slapped them in the face!"
Was from Gamestation -in england (forgive my ignorance , not sure how far their tentacles wrap around the globe)
xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By xxNBxx

Don't get Halo in the end you will only be disapointed.  If you don't have Orange Box for your PS3 I would say thats one to get.   Also don't know if you have Fallout 3 but if you don't you might want to get it for all the DLC on XBL.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crunchUK
Hitchenson said:
What this guy said. And get pgr 4 (ESPECIALLY if you haven;t played the previous entries), and if sims are your thing forza 2 is unmissable

P.S buy crackdown as well you nub

P.P.S "a3ec" is sending you a friend request

P.P.P.S GTFO CASUAL MODE YOU NUB (gears 2)
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OmegaPirate
crunchUK said:
"Hitchenson said:
What this guy said. And get pgr 4 (ESPECIALLY if you haven;t played the previous entries), and if sims are your thing forza 2 is unmissableP.S buy crackdown as well you nubP.P.S "a3ec" is sending you a friend request"
Accepted ^^
Nicholasotzs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nicholasotzs
Hitchenson said:
"TooWalrus said:
"Hitchenson said:
Contrary to popular belief, the Xbox will STILL function if you haven't bought a copy of Halo!"
"
That's not funny. My Xbox died on me after the first week I went without playing Halo.

R.I.P.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By mike

This is a good time for you to look back at the 360 exclusive catalog and pick some of those games up for cheap. Titles like Dead Rising and Crackdown come to mind.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That's one of the best fucking deals I've ever seen.

Nicholasotzs said:
"Hitchenson said:
"TooWalrus said:
"Hitchenson said:
"
That's not funny. My Xbox died on me after the first week I went without playing Halo.R.I.P."
Now this might be a little extreme 
but
Get yourself Halo 3
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By crunchUK
Nicholasotzs said:
"Hitchenson said:
"TooWalrus said:
"Hitchenson said:
"
That's not funny. My Xbox died on me after the first week I went without playing Halo.R.I.P."
Well it would, without it's darling halo 3, it had lost the will to live.
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hitchenson
Nicholasotzs said:
"Hitchenson said:
"TooWalrus said:
"Hitchenson said:
"
Blatantly your Xbox grew addicted with it's awesomeness, and couldn't cope without it.
Also, you need to check out some of the older titles e.g. Dead Rising, Crackdown and Oblivion. And! You need to get yourself a copy of Fallout 3, but if you do. Prepare to ignore all your other games for a while ;D
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By RHCPfan24

Very nice, man. I am gonna send you a friend request...nao.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By Tireyo

Love the TV!  Very nice!

Enjoy your new console.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OmegaPirate

:)

DerkDigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DerkDigg

those two look sexy together,

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#34  Edited By natetodamax

Nice games, duder. I'll send you a friend request

IVIorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By IVIorpheus

You got some good games to start with....