POLL: Dog vs. Cat

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#51  Edited By fox01313

While I like both, I tend to find myself liking more kinds of cats versus just the medium sized dogs (ie. chow, keeshond, ect.). The dogs slightly larger or smaller with the labs or bulldogs are fine with me, just have issues with the often annoying toy breeds or the just too damn large dogs with the great danes. So cats :)

Plus how can you not love some like Maru??

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By icicle7x3

Even though I'm allergic to dogs, Ill pick dogs over cats any day of the week.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SlashDance

Dogs because fuck cats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

C. Both

Chontamenti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Chontamenti

Cats, definitely.

kre8havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By kre8havoc

Dogs can be trained to sniff out cancer in humans, cats can shit in a box.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By Undeadpool

Dog. If I want to live with a needy borderline sociopath, I'll move back in with my ex.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheFreeMan

Dogs, all the way. Nearly every cat I've ever come into contact with has been something of a psychopath that avoids/hates people 90% of the time until it needs food when it becomes super needy. Granted, they are sorta low-maintenance in that regard, but I've heard too many stories about them wrecking shit around the house to put them much above dogs. Dogs, while needy all the time, are fucking loyal and adorable and provided you trained them right, will guard your shit and won't bark nonstop like my neighbours insane animals.

Kittens are adorable, though, and there are some cats that I'd be lying if I said that I didn't think were pretty cool.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HarlechQuinn

Cats fo' Lyfe!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By MooseyMcMan

DOG DOG DOG

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Hitchenson

It's all about cats.

Dogs are shit.

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By KevinK

@TobbRobb said:

Cat's are independent, adorable and easy to manage. They just cuddle, sleep and murder.

While dogs are smelly, loud and needy. All they do is bark, poop and drool.

Dogs think their master is a god.

Cats think they're a god to their master.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By donkeycow

@Bell_End said:

i hate both and would not care if i woke up tomorrow and they were all dead.

dogs because of dog shit. it's not so bad now but back in the 90's before owner were made to clear the shit up it was fucking everywhere. how many times i had had to scrub dog shit out of a new pair of trainers with a toothbrush cos id stood in a big fresh meaty mound of shit!

and cats because im sick of seeing 'funny' cat pictures everywhere. cats are not funny.

get rid off them

You seem like a sane and stable individual.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By PixelPrinny

Why no "both" option? ; ;

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By bennyboy

cats can leap from 3 story buildings and hit the ground running so cats but i like dogs too

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By ObiKwiet

@xobballox said:

I've come to really like cats. A feral cat had her babies under our house about 9 months ago and then got killed by something. I eventually got the babies tamed and have taken care of this since. I love the fact that they're so independent and don't need you to help them do everything. They also (maybe it's an outside cat thing) seem to appreciate the food I give them and love to be petted. My dog on the other hand is spoiled as FUUUUUCK. To her, it's an annoyance to be petted most of the time and she puts up with it only because FOOOD. She whines at me all the time wanting something, and she's spoiled to the point that she'll lay by you on the couch and kick you/snap at you until you rub her belly when she does want petted (which is hilarious until it gets annoying.) She also takes FOREVER to shit outside (I've sat around in cold-ass weather for 30 minutes trying to wait for her to shit many times.) On the flip side, my dog is also very loyal and listens way better than the cats. She's also just fucking HILARIOUS at times when she's not being a shit-head. Of course, I've also had a dog that was cool as shit. You could just let him outside, he would roam around for 30 minutes or so and do his thing (we live in a rural area) and then come back by himself. He was also the funniest little bastard ever. Also of note is that kitties love to kill little animals, and it's sad seeing them carrying around dead mice and moles all the time. :(

So, it's a very hard decision for me. I've had dogs all my life and only recently have I owned cats, so I might be slightly more attached to dogs? I dunno, I absolutely love my kitties and my dogs...

Be careful going down that path. Feeding stray cats will only make the stray cat problem worse. If you want to help them, please get them spayed and neutered. If you keep feeding them they will multiply like rabbits and take over your neighborhood. Not trying to be a dick, I've just seen it happen many times.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By phrosnite

Dog. Cats will eat you.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#68  Edited By ProfessorEss
@PixelPrinny said:

You know exactly why!!
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By monkeyking1969

@Legion_ said:

@TobbRobb said:

Cat's are independent, adorable and easy to manage. They just cuddle, sleep and murder.

That sounds like a compelling argument for the dog!

Until you see a dog take down a deer or some other animal. A cat attacks a person the person gets scratched, whereas dogs just kill people. Dogs kill people every day. I love dogs. I have been attacked by dogs (a bloodhound and some dobermans), and I still love most dogs. But, not for one second do I stop knowing dogs are lethal. Sipping my morning coffee, I have watched a deer look up from nibbling a bush and then WHAM a dog has it by the neck. It was gross, and a bit, "Holy crap! That's nature documentary footage right there!"

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By monkeyking1969

@TooWalrus said:

Cat owner's houses stink like cat piss, even if they're used to it and don't notice it anymore, having an animal shit inside your house is still really fucking gross.

WHich is why you have an outhouse, right? You never shit in your house I'm sure.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#71  Edited By Mezmero

Kitties are sooooooo cute! Meowowowowowowow. I can't get over the subservient nature of canines.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By PixelPrinny

@ProfessorEss said:

@PixelPrinny said:

You know exactly why!!

Dogs and cats living together? Mass Hysteria?

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I have both and like both. I'm conflicted.

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By KevinK

@Mezmero said:

Kitties are sooooooo cute! Meowowowowowowow. I can't get over the subservient nature of canines.

That's what's good about dogs. When you come home, they act like they haven't seen you in 50 years and they're glad to see you.

Cats are like "Oh, you're back. Cool bro. Mind putting some Whiskas in the food dish? Oh, by the way, I crapped up the litter box again. You might want to do something about that. Mmmkay, I'm going to sleep on the furnace vent for the rest of the night and ignore you until I need something."

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#75  Edited By Vexxan

I pick dogs any day of the week. If I'd get a pet I would want something that was good company and most cats I've met don't really do anything...at all.

Lazy bastards!

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76  Edited By rentfn

I've always had cats. It's easier to go on trips and be gone for the day.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#77  Edited By toowalrus
@MonkeyKing1969

@TooWalrus said:

Cat owner's houses stink like cat piss, even if they're used to it and don't notice it anymore, having an animal shit inside your house is still really fucking gross.

WHich is why you have an outhouse, right? You never shit in your house I'm sure.

I don't let my feces sit around in a plastic box for a week.
Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Mageman

Cats, because there is way less work with them. Dogs are dumb empty shells and you have to clean them, pick up their shit, take them for walks etc. Cats are just there taking care of themselves not giving a fuck.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#79  Edited By Mezmero

@KevinK: I could never be friends with something that is a slave to my commands and loud about it. And it doesn't help that I got mauled by a dog at a young age. My opinion of them was permanently scarred along with my body. I'm cool with dogs these days but I'm not going out of my way to be around them. Street cat in my neighborhood is a gangsta survivor but she still hangs out with the common people with or without food.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By mercutio123

Dogs, cats are evil creatures

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#81  Edited By jozzy

@Mageman said:

Cats, because there is way less work with them. Dogs are dumb empty shells and you have to clean them, pick up their shit, take them for walks etc. Cats are just there taking care of themselves not giving a fuck.

@Mezmero said:

@KevinK: I could never be friends with something that is a slave to my commands and loud about it. And it doesn't help that I got mauled by a dog at a young age. My opinion of them was permanently scarred along with my body. I'm cool with dogs these days but I'm not going out of my way to be around them. Street cat in my neighborhood is a gangsta survivor but she still hangs out with the common people with or without food.

You guys obviously have never had a dog. Dogs are extremely loyal, and can be to a fault, but they have a will of their own and are not slaves/empty shells. As for a pet, I prefer my freaking awesome dog, but cats are really awesome too. I am taking mental notes of people hating both here in this thread, I do not trust people that hate animals.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ghost_cat

Well if you are gonna put a cat picture that is way cuter than the dog picture, cats have my vote.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By haffy

@jozzy said:

@Mageman said:

@Mezmero said:

You guys obviously have never had a dog. Dogs are extremely loyal, and can be to a fault, but they have a will of their own and are not slaves/empty shells. As for a pet, I prefer my freaking awesome dog, but cats are really awesome too. I am taking mental notes of people hating both here in this thread, I do not trust people that hate animals.

Yeah dogs can be a bit too loyal. Kind of heart breaking when you hear about story's of dogs returning to where they last seen their owner continuously for years.

Anyway I've lived with both all my life. Cats are alright, but I don't see the point in caring for something when they couldn't give a shit about you and never will.

So dogs, even though when they die is absolutely fucking gutting.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84  Edited By big_jon

Fuck cats.

Dogs are where it's at, Will Smith knows.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Warfare
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#86  Edited By Hizang

I don't see whats the big deal with cats, they are always out, they can catch there own food and they freak me the fuck out.

Dogs are loyal, they are always there for you and are a lot more fun to play with.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#87  Edited By fattony12000
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I have to choose, then I choose cats.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@TobbRobb said:

Exactly. This man speaks the truth.

@Icemo said:

Cat. How could you say no to this cute little bastard.

OH MY GOD! THAT KITTEN IS ADORABLE! ASDFASVBSEDIKTRBAELIVVLAI3UVHNCSLKV

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By coakroach

Mans best friend.

Helps hunt, guards the house, herds your livestock.

At best a cat will kill some rats, if it can be bothered.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ryuku_Ryosake

Cats are the way to go. You choose the one you relate to the most. And it simply comes down to this. Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.

This is coming from someone who has has cat that is evil incarnate and had a big hyper affectionate dog. Sure my cat is always attacking me for no reason and will always lay on my fresh laundry and mine only. However she is pretty good at hunting bugs. Also she works as a feline litmus test in that anyone she has liked has always gone on to scorn our family in someway. The dog on the other hand would always hunt you down to be petted and wasn't a barker or anything. But god was it annoying he made it such an ordeal to try to do anything in house because and would be always in your face wanting affection. Also he smelled much worse then the cat and was ways drooling everywhere. Never was there happier day then when we got rid of that dog.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Subjugation

Dogs all the way. "Man's best friend" for a reason. Cats just judge you and act like you are nothing more than a tool to be used for their personal gain. Dogs can't contain the joy they have to see you, even if you've only been gone for twenty minutes. I love dogs.

No Caption Provided
Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Legion_

@Subjugation said:

Dogs all the way. "Man's best friend" for a reason. Cats just judge you and act like you are nothing more than a tool to be used for their personal gain. Dogs can't contain the joy they have to see you, even if you've only been gone for twenty minutes. I love dogs.

No Caption Provided

Man, bernese mountain dogs are gods among dogs. The one in the OP is actually mine. Quite the looker!

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By BaneFireLord

Sure, dogs might be the most loving creatures on the planet, but I hate the smell of dogs and I hate dog drool. Kitties might be sociopaths, but dammit, they're adorable sociopaths.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By OfficeGamer

Cats' weirdness is way less severe than the fact that I'd have to deal with the brown smeary stinking feces of dogs and their slimy reeking saliva.. I wonder about the hygiene of those who have dogs and deal with that shit man!

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#96  Edited By Sergio

@mercutio123 said:

Dogs, cats are evil creatures

Indeed.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I like cats but cmon. Dogs are awesome, dogs are your best friend, they're always happy to see you. Cat's mostly couldn't give a shit and only wanna be touched when they feel like it or need something from you. Kinda like girls.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#98  Edited By Sin4profit

I'm pro cats...mostly the symbolism around them. Cats represent independence, dogs represent obedience.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Subjugation

So many people are bringing up dogs drooling. I have two dogs, neither of them drool. Neither of them stink either, unless I am being a neglectful owner and haven't bathed them in a long time. Both of them, however, put a smile on my face every single time I see them.

@Legion_: That really is your dog? Where did you take that picture? It's beautiful (the scenery and the dog).

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#100  Edited By musubi

I refuse to answer. I can't choose I love both. Why must you make me choose? =(