• 73 results
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dr_nefarious

So yeah I've had problems with depression for a good number of years now. I used to think about suicide as a kid almost everyday as I went to school for years and when I got into high school is when it got really bad that I literally broke down. I saw a psychologist and he prescribed medication after medication to me for my depression. One of the factors of my severe depression is my high anxiety level. I am currently on cymbalta for the depression and clonzepam for the anxiety and I just want to know for anyone who has been on these medications have you had problems?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Does this kind of discussion really belong here on GB?

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Fuckin' Americans

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Drebin_893
CoolDrMoney said:
"Fuckin' Americans"
This thread is over!
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By toowalrus

I  hate depression medication. My dad died of cancer when I was 6, and I was forced to go see a shrink. My mom was taking lots of anti-depressants to deal with the loss of her husband so young, and suddenly becoming a single parent. The drugs messed with her emotions, but she was alright. But when she finally felt strong enough to go off of them, the reality of everything hit her all at once, and she kind of freaked out for awhile. Every thing's fine now, almost 13 years later. I could never see myself taking mind-altering prescriptions.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By gingertastic_10
Drebin_893 said:
"Was one of the side-effects of the medicine the desire to make an obcene amount of topics on Video Game Messageboards?"

CoolDrMoney said:
"Fuckin' Americans"

JJOR64 said:
"Does this kind of discussion really belong here on GB?"

christ guys, hes just asking a question, just anwser it or dont, no need to make comments like these
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By artofwar420
JJOR64 said:
Dude it's Off-Topic. He's not insulting anyone is he?
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus
gingertastic_10 said:
"Christ guys, hes just asking a question, just anwser it or dont, no need to make comments like these"
Especially with the dozens of fucking stupid threads about religion and politics.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dr_nefarious
TooWalrus said:
"I  hate depression medication. My dad died of cancer when I was 6, and I was forced to go see a shrink. My mom was taking lots of anti-depressants to deal with the loss of her husband so young, and suddenly becoming a single parent. The drugs messed with her emotions, but she was alright. But when she finally felt strong enough to go off of them, the reality of everything hit her all at once, and she kind of freaked out for awhile. Every thing's fine now, almost 13 years later. I could never see myself taking mind-altering prescriptions."
I've heard anti-depressants can really work. But I've also heard that most of the people who they work for are people who are depressed for only a small amount of time.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

People need to stop trying to dictate what threads do or don't belong on the OFF-TOPIC FORUM (AKA the part of the forums that doesn't have to do with games?).

I haven't taken any of those medications but I did go through depression so I at least hope I can empathize with you.

Axelhander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Axelhander

I'm not on medication for depression but I have suffered it. Mine has never really gone away but I have learned methods to combat it.

This may not work for everyone, but there's no harm in trying it:

Analyze your thoughts. Whenever you have some strong thought or feeling, acknowledge it, categorize it, and mentally "file" it away. Envision a filing cabinet or something similar if it helps.
Note that when I say file it away, I'm NOT saying to throw it away. That just leads to bottled up emotions, which can lead to you becoming a ticking time bomb of rage/grief/etc.
After you file the thought away, proceed with whatever it was you were doing.

I learned this from a therapist who specializes in depression. I told her I wanted to avoid medication wherever possible, leaving it as a last resort. In my case, when I sat down to write scripts (my ultimate goal in life is to become a scriptwriter and/or game designer), I'd always convince myself that it wasn't worth it. That I'd fail. And your brain is just a bunch of electricity traveling along neural pathways; practice self-doubt and self-sabotage long enough, and, like anything else you practice, you'll become extremely proficient at it. And it's a vicious cycle: it makes you doubt yourself further.

In my case, acknowledging and filing the thought stopped the cycle. It has helped me immensely; my outlook is far more positive. I still revisit the thoughts and ask myself why I felt them, and try to identify the good and bad in them (worrying can have its benefits, after all).

I'm a skeptic and an atheist, this has been my view for a while: we are all just machines. This idea of souls and higher purpose is an illusion. People are a collection of flesh and blood, of matter and emotion, and we are simply a natural construct. We're robots. And we behave in accordance to rules, rules that science helps us understand better. This was my view well before I saw this therapist, and the "filing away" method fits into my view quite well; I'm training myself, tuning myself, to approach self-sabotage attempts in a matter that is beneficial to me.

I've done far more writing since then, and I'm doing better every day.

I hope my story helps, and I'd encourage you to at least try this method. The worst that can happen is that you learn it isn't for you.

As for doctors, if you aren't happy being on medication, look for a second opinion. Do NOT just stop medication without consulting a professional (unless you suspect the medication is physically harmful somehow), and do NOT buy into the false claims of chimeras who'll use pseudo-science to get you to shell out huge sums of money for things that aren't backed by empirical evidence. Look for a second opinion from a qualified medical professional if at all possible.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dr_nefarious
Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"People need to stop trying to dictate what threads do or don't belong on the OFF-TOPIC FORUM (AKA the part of the forums that doesn't have to do with games?).I haven't taken any of those medications but I did go through depression so I at least hope I can empathize with you."
Yeah my depression has been affecting me pretty badly lately. At first I didn't think too much into it but I realized when I can't even care enough to feed myself in the day and basically starve myself or I can't even enjoy the things I like the most or even have enough will to get up in the morning, then something is certainly wrong. Today I found myself just sitting at the kitchen table with my head on it not even thinking about a thing..
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JJOR64
artofwar420 said:
"JJOR64 said:
Dude it's Off-Topic. He's not insulting anyone is he?"
God, everyone is hating on me.  Maybe I should take some anti-depressant pills now.  Anyways.......  Depression sucks.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Well, I was diagnosed with depression a couple of years ago, but I was a bit too skeptical to try any tablets for it, still think all I had was a mild case of ennui, sorry to hear about your predicament though, hope you should feel better in the future.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Kazona

I'm not on those meds, but I do have anti-depressants. I've been on two different ones before this and they didn't help me one bit. In fact, one of them seemed to make things worse. The ones that I have now work just fine. My advice is to just try them and see what happens. If you start noticing things that aren't quite right, then talk to your doctor about it so you can maybe get different ones.

Also, with some people the depression is actually a biological thing instead of psychological. It's possible for some people's brain to not make enough of a certain substance which can cause depression. This can be genetically determined or be the effect of serious head injury at one point in someone's life. Usually a good shrink is quite capable at determining if you might fall in that category or not.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dr_nefarious
Axelhander said:
"I'm not on medication for depression but I have suffered it. Mine has never really gone away but I have learned methods to combat it.This may not work for everyone, but there's no harm in trying it:Analyze your thoughts. Whenever you have some strong thought or feeling, acknowledge it, categorize it, and mentally "file" it away. Envision a filing cabinet or something similar if it helps.Note that when I say file it away, I'm NOT saying to throw it away. That just leads to bottled up emotions, which can lead to you becoming a ticking time bomb of rage/grief/etc.After you file the thought away, proceed with whatever it was you were doing.I learned this from a therapist who specializes in depression. I told her I wanted to avoid medication wherever possible, leaving it as a last resort. In my case, when I sat down to write scripts (my ultimate goal in life is to become a scriptwriter and/or game designer), I'd always convince myself that it wasn't worth it. That I'd fail. And your brain is just a bunch of electricity traveling along neural pathways; practice self-doubt and self-sabotage long enough, and, like anything else you practice, you'll become extremely proficient at it. And it's a vicious cycle: it makes you doubt yourself further.In my case, acknowledging and filing the thought stopped the cycle. It has helped me immensely; my outlook is far more positive. I still revisit the thoughts and ask myself why I felt them, and try to identify the good and bad in them (worrying can have its benefits, after all).I'm a skeptic and an atheist, this has been my view for a while: we are all just machines. This idea of souls and higher purpose is an illusion. People are a collection of flesh and blood, of matter and emotion, and we are simply a natural construct. We're robots. And we behave in accordance to rules, rules that science helps us understand better. This was my view well before I saw this therapist, and the "filing away" method fits into my view quite well; I'm training myself, tuning myself, to approach self-sabotage attempts in a matter that is beneficial to me.I've done far more writing since then, and I'm doing better every day.I hope my story helps, and I'd encourage you to at least try this method. The worst that can happen is that you learn it isn't for you.As for doctors, if you aren't happy being on medication, look for a second opinion. Do NOT just stop medication without consulting a professional (unless you suspect the medication is physically harmful somehow), and do NOT buy into the false claims of chimeras who'll use pseudo-science to get you to shell out huge sums of money for things that aren't backed by empirical evidence. Look for a second opinion from a qualified medical professional if at all possible."
Thanks this really helped and I will look into that.
Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gregomasta

Smoke a blunt.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I used to and still do get those bouts of depression from time to time, I found doing things that I really like and am really good at can help battle the feelings you get.
For me, I got way into video games even more so, unexpected I know.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dr_nefarious
Kazona said:
"I'm not on those meds, but I do have anti-depressants. I've been on two different ones before this and they didn't help me one bit. In fact, one of them seemed to make things worse. The ones that I have now work just fine. My advice is to just try them and see what happens. If you start noticing things that aren't quite right, then talk to your doctor about it so you can maybe get different ones.Also, with some people the depression is actually a biological thing instead of psychological. It's possible for some people's brain to not make enough of a certain substance which can cause depression. This can be genetically determined or be the effect of serious head injury at one point in someone's life. Usually a good shrink is quite capable at determining if you might fall in that category or not."
You pointed out some very interesting things but I truly believe the reason I suffer from depression was because of an immense amount of stress that I had to deal with as a kid for many years. I had panic attacks on a common basis and that is when I started to actually notice the depression and I think it really screwed me up psychologically.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#20  Edited By Vinchenzo

Not to sound like the biggest asshole ever, but everyone is "depressed" these days. It seems like a fad, and that's bad. Because the people who actually need help will go unnoticed among the people who think they are depressed. Not sure if this will be read as offensive, but I don't mean to make it sound so. I don't doubt you are depressed either, but get help if you think you really are.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By oldschool

Why do people feel the need to write insults in a thread like this?  It is THE worst kind of internet behaviour.  If it was a light hearted comment like "Walk it off", it wouldn't be a problem, but seriously, why?

Dr., I dealt with depression as a kid and I deal with it as an adult.  I also deal with it as a parent of teenagers and their issues.  I am personally dead set against medication unless it is absolutely necessary.  I am an atheist, so my position isn't religious, but I figure that a down spiral is just as normal as an up one.  I just accept it as normal, knowing that it will pass.  Easier said than done, but it works for me.  For my daughter, I advise her to channel her dark thoughts into her art, be it drawing or writing.  It works for her.

Find a close confidant in family or friend who will talk normally to you about it.  Talking it out always helps.  Good luck.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dr_nefarious
Vinchenzo said:
"Not to sound like the biggest asshole ever, but everyone is "depressed" these days. It seems like a fad, and that's bad. Because the people who actually need help will go unnoticed among the people who think they are depressed. Not sure if this will be read as offensive, but I don't mean to make it sound so. I don't doubt you are depressed either, but get help if you think you really are."
Actually you are right. There is an amazing increase in depression in America today. Mainly among husbands and wives who work too much but unfortunately this is common. People work like dogs today because it seems like in our society when it comes to working hard we just aren't good enough.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vinchenzo
dr_nefarious said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Not to sound like the biggest asshole ever, but everyone is "depressed" these days. It seems like a fad, and that's bad. Because the people who actually need help will go unnoticed among the people who think they are depressed. Not sure if this will be read as offensive, but I don't mean to make it sound so. I don't doubt you are depressed either, but get help if you think you really are."
Actually you are right. There is an amazing increase in depression in America today. Mainly among husbands and wives who work too much but unfortunately this is common. People work like dogs today because it seems like in our society when it comes to working hard we just aren't good enough. "
No I mean among the teenage population. I respect real people who are really depressed. But way too often I hear "I'm depressed" from teens who probably don't even know what depression entitles.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dr_nefarious
Gregomasta said:
"Smoke a blunt."
That's a temporary solution to a permanentproblem. But thanks for the great advice anyways.

oldschool
said:
"Why do people feel the need to write insults in a thread like this?  It is THE worst kind of internet behaviour.  If it was a light hearted comment like "Walk it off", it wouldn't be a problem, but seriously, why?

Dr., I dealt with depression as a kid and I deal with it as an adult.  I also deal with it as a parent of teenagers and their issues.  I am personally dead set against medication unless it is absolutely necessary.  I am an atheist, so my position isn't religious, but I figure that a down spiral is just as normal as an up one.  I just accept it as normal, knowing that it will pass.  Easier said than done, but it works for me.  For my daughter, I advise her to channel her dark thoughts into her art, be it drawing or writing.  It works for her.

Find a close confidant in family or friend who will talk normally to you about it.  Talking it out always helps.  Good luck.
"
People can be assholes, especially on the internet. I don't really like to talk to people about it in person I'm just one of those guys who like to blow it off. But it hurts me in the long run because I keep these emotions bottled up. I do talk to my brother about it every now and then and he's pretty understanding so I will say it does for good when I talk to someone about it.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Drebin_893
Vinchenzo said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Vinchenzo said:
Actually you are right. There is an amazing increase in depression in America today. Mainly among husbands and wives who work too much but unfortunately this is common. People work like dogs today because it seems like in our society when it comes to working hard we just aren't good enough. "
No I mean among the teenage population. I respect real people who are really depressed. But way too often I hear "I'm depressed" from teens who probably don't even know what depression entitles."
Indeed, the same way the term "addiction" has become oft used.
Axelhander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Axelhander
Vinchenzo said:
No I mean among the teenage population. I respect real people who are really depressed. But way too often I hear "I'm depressed" from teens who probably don't even know what depression entitles."
While I've no doubt that depression is a bit of a "fad" amongst SOME teenagers (and adults, too), anybody claiming depression should NOT be so easily dismissed. Because if he or she really is depressed, he/she may need help.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dr_nefarious
Vinchenzo said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Vinchenzo said:
Oh them? Yeah they're called emos. LOL.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vinchenzo
dr_nefarious said:
"Oh them? Yeah they're called emos. LOL. "
I typed "Depressed Emo" into Google and got this... (The best part is it's from GameSpot apparently.)

No Caption Provided

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gregomasta
dr_nefarious said:
"Gregomasta said:
"Smoke a blunt."
That's a temporary solution to a permanentproblem. But thanks for the great advice anyways.

You're welcome, tho I believe depression is also a temporary problem.  Here's a trick I used when I was feeling really down once.  Look at mirror concentrate on your face look at all the details that make you, you.  You know who that person is, remind yourself who that person is.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JJOR64
Gregomasta said:
"Smoke a blunt."
That will solve the problem for only a few hours.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dr_nefarious
Vinchenzo said:
"dr_nefarious said:
I typed "Depressed Emo" into Google and got this... (The best part is it's from GameSpot apparently.)

No Caption Provided
"

Haha! Doesn't surprise me.

Gregomasta said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Gregomasta said:
"Smoke a blunt."

You're welcome, tho I believe depression is also a temporary problem.  Here's a trick I used when I was feeling really down once.  Look into at mirror concentrate on your face look at all the details that make you, you.  You know who that person is, remind yourself who that person is."
Most of the time depression isn't a temporary problem, at least not in our society today. But I must admit that advice is a lot better that you just posted.
Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#32  Edited By RelentlessKnight

The pills that I subscribed to are quite expansive and doesn't improve my depression/anxiety as I took it everyday. And like previous comments, I feel that way too, being suicidal to "not filing in these symptoms". Which leds to rage/grief/etc.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HandsomeDead

I can't say i'm shocked by the OP. Not one bit.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gregomasta
dr_nefarious said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"dr_nefarious said:

No Caption Provided
"

Gregomasta said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Gregomasta said:
"Smoke a blunt."

You're welcome, tho I believe depression is also a temporary problem.  Here's a trick I used when I was feeling really down once.  Look into at mirror concentrate on your face look at all the details that make you, you.  You know who that person is, remind yourself who that person is."
Most of the time depression isn't a temporary problem, at least not in our society today. But I must admit that advice is a lot better that you just posted."
Try it my friend.  One more thing I wanted to say is, all drugs are temporary solutions to many of life's problems.  Work though this, and you'll become a better person for it.  That's how depression becomes a temporary problem.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By Claude

My wife is bipolar and takes clonzepam and lexapro. Lexapro has worked well with her, some other antidepressants have not. Clonzepam can become habit forming. Other than that, they seem to work fine, and I'm happy we found a combination that works. Work with your doctor and or therapists to get you to a level where you're comfortable. My heart goes out to you and for the people who say it's a fad... as the population of the earth grows, so do our problems and what was once just a few, just became the many.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Gregomasta said:
"Smoke a blunt."
We're not all internet tough guy stoners like you, sorry.
Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gregomasta
Everyones_A_Critic said:
"Gregomasta said:
"Smoke a blunt."
We're not all internet tough guy stoners like you, sorry."
Awesome, I'm totally going for the internet tough guy look.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38  Edited By Gunner

I went though a small yet tough depression when i was 12-13 when my mom and dad split up. I saw a shrink maybe once or twice and all they did was stuff anti-depressants down my throat. The anti-depressants left me desensitized to the world for a couple of years and i felt no pity or sadness for anything, not even when my aunt died.

Im perfectly fine now but i went through a big rough patch because of anti-depressants.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dr_nefarious
HandsomeDead said:
"I can't say i'm shocked by the OP. Not one bit."
What does that mean?

RelentlessKnight said:
"The pills that I subscribed to are quite expansive and doesn't improve my depression/anxiety as I took it everyday. And like previous comments, I feel that way too, being suicidal to "not filing in these symptoms". Which leds to rage/grief/etc. "
You and me both buddy. We can only work on it one day at a time.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dr_nefarious
Gregomasta said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"dr_nefarious said:

No Caption Provided
"

Gregomasta said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Gregomasta said:
"Smoke a blunt."

Most of the time depression isn't a temporary problem, at least not in our society today. But I must admit that advice is a lot better that you just posted."
Try it my friend.  One more thing I wanted to say is, all drugs are temporary solutions to many of life's problems.  Work though this, and you'll become a better person for it.  That's how depression becomes a temporary problem. "
You have a point there. I've always thought to myself If I get through this (don't commit suicide) I can defiantly see this as something that makes more understanding of the world around me and I'll become a stronger person for it.

Claude
said:
"My wife is bipolar and takes clonzepam and lexapro. Lexapro has worked well with her, some other antidepressants have not. Clonzepam can become habit forming. Other than that, they seem to work fine, and I'm happy we found a combination that works. Work with your doctor and or therapists to get you to a level where your comfortable. My heart goes out to you and for the people who say it's a fad... as the population of the earth grows, so do our problems and what was once just a few, just became the many."
I took Lexapro..didn't really work for me, but I guess it's different for everyone. I've often wondered if I was bi-polar but every time the topic comes up someone tries to disprove it. Not because of logic but because they don't want to believe that there is a possibility that I might be. Anyways thanks for the kind words.
xionpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xionpunk

I have had a huge problem with depression since I was about 16.  The worst part is, I never talk about it with anyone, even my girlfriend.  I feel guilty about it for some reason. 

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dr_nefarious
Gunner said:
"I went though a small yet tough depression when i was 12-13 when my mom and dad split up. I saw a shrink maybe once or twice and all they did was stuff anti-depressants down my throat. The anti-depressants left me desensitized to the world for a couple of years and i felt no pity or sadness for anything, not even when my aunt died. Im perfectly fine now but i went through a big rough patch because of anti-depressants. "
When you're around that age I'm sure a divorce can be hard. I wouldn't really know because my parents divorced when I was 3 so I was too young to understand what was going on and I basically just took it as if it were nothing and thought it as a part of average life. I understand what you mean about being desensitized and how it can basically screw up your perception of reality and the world around you, while all the meanwhile numbing your emotions so to as not express yourself. Glad that everything's better.

xionpunk
said:
" I have had a huge problem with depression since I was about 16.  The worst part is, I never talk about it with anyone, even my girlfriend.  I feel guilty about it for some reason. "
Well if you and your girlfriend are close I really think you should talk about it, it does a world of good and I'm sure she would be pretty understanding as well. Haha Look at me, I started this thread to get advice and I'm already giving advice to someone else.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HandsomeDead
dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
What does that mean?"
Look at the threads you've started and how you respond. You're internet depressive escapism 101.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dr_nefarious
HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
What does that mean?"
Look at the threads you've started and how you respond. You're internet depressive escapism 101."
You couldn't be more off. But it's nice that you went out of your way to be an ass.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HandsomeDead
dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
What does that mean?"
Look at the threads you've started and how you respond. You're internet depressive escapism 101."
You couldn't be more off. But it's nice that you went out of your way to be an ass."
Your threads are always about how you dislike society or how you can deal with your anger issues with the occasional light hearted topic thrown in there and it all paints a clear picture so it seems like I couldn't be more right.
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By inkeiren

Exercise.
Get sleep.

Trust me.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jayge_

I've been diagnosed as clinically depressed for a long time now. I used to take medication but the side effects were way worse than any benefit they provided (one made me manic and unable to sleep at all, the other made me gain 20 pounds and killed all my energy). I've also taken clonazepam (however you spell that) for ridiculous levels of anxiety. It works pretty well. I hardly ever take it though. I try not to take anything anymore.

One piece of advice that I would give you is to never let them make a balancing act out of your brain- if your medication makes you an insomniac or if it drags you down and they perscribe some uppers or downers, that's when it's time to reconsider whether or not you need medication. Balancing acts never end well. They especially never helped me. Now I just deal with it. I'm still depressed, and I acknowledge and sometimes struggle with the fact that the feelings are always there, but I power through it. And I went from nearly failing out of HS to being a straight-A student with a job and a pretty healthy social life. Which seems odd, but success doesn't always equal happiness.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dr_nefarious
HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
What does that mean?"
You couldn't be more off. But it's nice that you went out of your way to be an ass."
Your threads are always about how you dislike society or how you can deal with your anger issues with the occasional light hearted topic thrown in there and it all paints a clear picture so it seems like I couldn't be more right."
Society has nothing to do with my depression..When I see the wrongs going on in society it pisses me off and makes me lose faith but it has nothing do with my depression and is in no way linked to it.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HandsomeDead
dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"HandsomeDead said:
What does that mean?"
Your threads are always about how you dislike society or how you can deal with your anger issues with the occasional light hearted topic thrown in there and it all paints a clear picture so it seems like I couldn't be more right."
Society has nothing to do with my depression..When I see the wrongs going on in society it pisses me off and makes me lose faith but it has nothing do with my depression and is in no way linked to it."
Well, that's me convinced. I suppose it's just an incredibly convenient coincidence.
IHateLolicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By IHateLolicon

I think the only solution is to eat a donut.