#1 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

#2 Edited by Claude (16254 posts) -

I love my country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. 5 fucking Stars for the United States of America.

#3 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Go Canada!  oh wait...

#4 Edited by shinigami420 (640 posts) -

My country is rated as the top country in terms of human development income and happiness

5 stars for Norway

i also lived in japan for 6 months would give japan 5 stars to got to hand it to the country with the lowest murder and crime rates and the longest life expectancy

#5 Edited by supermike6 (3530 posts) -

The only problem with Canada is that everyone is too damn patriotic and loves stereotypes.

#6 Posted by Deusx (1902 posts) -

I give my country 0 stars...

#7 Posted by Aetheldod (3495 posts) -

2 * Mexico isn't high heaven but I know there are countries which have it a lot worse than we do , but still :\ can any norwegian adopt me?

#8 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -
@Claude said:

I love my country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. 5 fucking Stars for the United States of America.

That's right.
#9 Posted by LeetBalla (696 posts) -

I don't even understand what this thread is trying to accomplish. I will not partake in your silly pole.

#10 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

3 stars, it could definitely be better here in America :/

#11 Posted by l4wd0g (1892 posts) -

I love the United States and all of the freedoms it provides. The US Constitution is a majestic document. Things could be better, but they could be a hell of a lot worse. 5 stars.

#12 Posted by Redbullet685 (6017 posts) -
@Laketown said:

#13 Posted by Nadrick (15 posts) -

i love the u.s.......but i just have this gut feeling...that somethings bout to go down

#14 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Laketown said:

#15 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

3 stars for Denmark. There are worse places I guess.

#16 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@LeetBalla said:

I don't even understand what this thread is trying to accomplish. I will not partake in your silly pole.

That's cool. Or you could just rate your country. I'm sure some people live in the United States and hate it. I'm just trying to get a feeling of how people feel about where they live. Hell, it could be Burundi and people might love it or hate it, so rate it.

#18 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1908 posts) -

I'd rather live here in Canada than the US.

At least our financial, political and judicial systems are not designed to shit all over the lower class.

#19 Edited by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

I like the ideas America has, but think we could do better when putting them to practice.

Shows promise. 3 stars.

#21 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1908 posts) -

@tfsteefs: Ya, fuckin Harper's going to crap up everything. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Maybe there'll be a backlash and either the NDP will get voted in or the Liberals will grow some balls again.

#23 Edited by RollingZeppelin (1908 posts) -

@tfsteefs: Yes definitely, I'd like to have a true left leaning party in power again. I just hope Harper doesn't turn this place into some sort of Big Brother police state. He's already committed to building many more prisons here. The other thing that irks me about him is that he is openly religious and says that the conservative party's morals are guided by Christian beliefs, and now he's started a ministry for "religious freedom" wtf is that about? I don't want my tax money going towards some religious crap, we've got debt to pay off and a recession to recover from.

#25 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Which one?  
Costa Rica, my country of origin, is a beautiful place with natural wonders, great tourist attractions, and a friendly people, sadly it also suffers from drug cartels due to being in Central America, a high poverty rate, and we only speak in formal spanish, so you never know if someone hates you or not.

The US, the place I live in now,  is super divided, full of cunts and the water smells weird, but the possibilities for learning and getting lots of money are just an arm's length away and I get games much faster here then in Costa Rica. 

Both get 3 stars.

#26 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1908 posts) -

@tfsteefs: Ya, that's disgraceful, but the money going to Catholic schools has always been a move to appease the Quebecers. Don't get me started on that province!

#27 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

I'll give Holland a 4. There's too much bitching about foreigners.

#29 Posted by MaskedGamer (179 posts) -

I like it more when I lived back in the netherlands

#30 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

I love the United States, but there are too many idiots. I would give it four and a half (as of now), I think the aspect of things getting better and worse will both strengthen. There's a lot of wrong, but there's a lot of right as well. I kind of feel like what's going on in the U.S. is going down hill in ways. All I can say is, I love patriotism, though I'm not always patriotic. Go Captain America... and Batman.

#31 Posted by RobotHamster (4169 posts) -
@Laketown said:

#32 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

Well fuck. Now I'm depressed about Canada, and I don't even live there. I have enough I'm pissed at in the US, I don't want to read this.

#33 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

Beer, Bacon, and Beavers!

#34 Edited by Chop (1991 posts) -
@tfsteefs: I kinda can't believe we voted in the conservatives again after Harper. If you take ten mins and look, you can find several stories demonstrating just how...insane the man is. Some of the stuff he's said honestly worries me a great deal.  

You think people support the total destruction of our privacy and rights or are they just ignorant and vote for whoever says "lower taxes" the most times?
#36 Posted by OsheaDiesStupid (165 posts) -

5 stars Romania is the shit! 

also 5 stars because now I live in Miami, FL and that is the shit!

#37 Posted by Aetheldod (3495 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:

Well fuck. Now I'm depressed about Canada, and I don't even live there. I have enough I'm pissed at in the US, I don't want to read this.

Owwww , me too Canada was my backup plan :(
#39 Posted by Toxin066 (3250 posts) -

Fresh water, space, indoor plumbing, liberty...Five stars America. Bravo.

#41 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Well... on the eve of America's Independence Day, you ask this...

#42 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

I rep 5 to both of my countries.

Australia's a bloody nice place to live IMO, could care less about the politics, especially those concerning video games.
USA's pretty nice, I guess. Cheap everything, shopping here is great. And my house is fricken huge, far more than I could ask for in most places around the world.

#43 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -
@Aetheldod said:
@Slaker117 said:

Owwww , me too Canada was my backup plan :(
Crap, that was mine too. 
Good thing I still got Spain.
#44 Posted by ThePickle (4152 posts) -

4 for the good ole US of A.

#45 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@TheGreatGuero said:

Well... on the eve of America's Independence Day, you ask this...

I know right? It just came to me.

#46 Posted by ajamafalous (11807 posts) -
@Laketown said:

#47 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -

Canada, wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

#48 Edited by Frumpa (100 posts) -

*sigh* - slow day at work eh OP? .. must be everyday for you with 9500+ posts on this site alone ...
#49 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Canada - 4/5: Culturally solid, if politically weird. I like it here. 
England - 2/5: Falling apart at the seams. I can't live here.

#50 Posted by face15 (1272 posts) -

5 stars for Australia. Look, we're just better than you and we know it. Don't hate.