"reboot" the Superman franchise again? why bother?

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xxNBxx

Reportedly, Warner Bros. wants to "reboot" the Superman franchise. They're apparently unhappy with the reception Superman Returns received when it came out a couple summers ago.

Lets face it, making Superman interesting has been hard enough for DC to do in the comics let alone a writer to do in a movie.   I know we all loved Christopher Reeves but  Superman 2 was the only great movie.  Why was that?  Cause it had more meaningfull action then in any of the other films and in the end Superman didn't act like Superman.  They made Superman take a lot of pleasure in hurting Zod at the end of the movie something Superman wouldn't do. 

The
best part of all the Superman movies was in 3 when Superman fought with himself. cause it was the physical representation of how most normal ppl would act if they had those kinds of powers.  Mind your the reast of that movie sucked, and that one seen saved the movie

Superman as a character is unrepeatable to the average person.  On the other hand Batman is a character ppl can relate to.   People watch Superman and say "DUDE JUST PUNCH LEX IN THE FACE"  but Superman will never do that cause his morals wont let him. 

So here is my question to you guys.  Would you want to see yet another new superman movie where they tell the story from the beginning or would you like them to make a movie about some other DC character?  If you want a new character which one?   I think Green Lantern might be interesting.
Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Nude_Dude

I liked Batman better than Superman.

Boyling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Boyling

I just wanna see Flash.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Emilio

They got the wrong actor and the wrong director for the movie, that's why.
I wouldn't mind if they tried again, but they really need to get a director who knows what he's doing.

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ubergeist

Why don't they just go ahead and make a badass Justice League movie...

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Vitefish

Ooh! Ooh! I got an idea! Super Man 64, the movie.

Tagline: Oh! The Rings!

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Otacon

Call it, The Man Of Steel just to rip off The Dark Knight.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By suneku

It's pretty much Singer's fault for trying to make a direct sequel to Donner's Superman series. And he's just had the bad luck of having terrible movie writers. They should just scrap whatever script they're "writing" and just make a Superman movie, toss Doomsday in there, and have them fight the whole movie.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xxNBxx

Isuneku said:

"It's pretty much Singer's fault for trying to make a direct sequel to Donner's Superman series. And he's just had the bad luck of having terrible movie writers. They should just scrap whatever script they're "writing" and just make a Superman movie, toss Doomsday in there, and have them fight the whole movie."

Maybe next time they will finally get a good looking Lois Lane.  LOL  
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead

Superman is probably the one big name superhero that's even more boring than Batman. I hope this fails and fails hard.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By weltal

I've never really understood the appeal of Superman. I guess if the movie is good than that's great but I doubt I'll care.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb

Superman as a concept sucks.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#13  Edited By Soap
BiggerBomb said:
"Superman as a concept sucks."
Couldn't agree more.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Absurd
Boyling said:
"I just wanna see Flash."
Me too

"He discovers that not only is he fast, but he can also vibrate his molecules, rendering him almost invisible and allowing him to phase through solid objects." -Comicvine

Wow, I didnt know that.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It could work. It probably won't, but I'd like to see them try.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Kazona

Am I the only one who liked Superman Returns? And I mean that as in really liked it, from beginning to end.

Smedles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Smedles
Kazona said:
"Am I the only one who liked Superman Returns? And I mean that as in really liked it, from beginning to end."
I too enjoyed Superman Returns, but I agree with the reboot.  Returns shouldn't have been a sequel to Superman II and should have started a new story, like the current Batman movies.  If done correctly a Superman movie could be amazing, something that changes a lot of people's opinion on him.  And what's with all the Superman hate? 
Duke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Duke

Thank god I'm not the only one who thought superman was a horrible hero. How can you cheer for a guy who is INVINCIBLE against everything apart from one rock which so happens to be EVERYWHERE the villains need it to be...every time..somehow..

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xxNBxx
Absurd said:
"Boyling said:
"I just wanna see Flash."
Me too

"He discovers that not only is he fast, but he can also vibrate his molecules, rendering him almost invisible and allowing him to phase through solid objects." -Comicvine

Wow, I didnt know that."
Don't know if you guys are old enough to remember the Flash tv series but that was a good series and the Flash sute looked good for back then.