• 79 results
Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Colonel_Cool

And it wasn't very good. I've heard acquaintances at school who would always insist that it was hilarious. But really, it wasn't that funny, and the strongest reaction I got was a couple single soft breaths of quiet laughter to myself. Same thing happened after I watched Anchorman and Stepbrothers. Seriously, they're less funny than Family Guy. Why does everyone else have such a bad sense of humor?

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Gabriel

Your wrong it's a fairly well thought out and funny comedy, that bearded guy was hillarious

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By cstrang

I think the problem is that your acquaintances may have overblown it for you.  I had the same problem with Wedding Crashers.  I saw it in theatres a month or so after my friends, and I left the theatre unsatisfied.

Personally, I think The Hangover was fairly entertaining.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

I wasn't aware that people who laugh while watching a comedy film have a bad sense of humor.

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By dogbox

I think Step Brothers and Family Guy suck too, but I enjoyed The Hangover. I think cstrang may be right; perhaps the hype killed it for you.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Like anything, it appeals to certain dispositions more than others.  

Personally, I think it's funniest to me having lived through some similar (and less dramatic) hangover experiences. It's fun to relate. I don't think it has anything to do with having a "bad sense of humor". In fact, I'm not sure I even know what a "bad sense of humor" is. 

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Brendan

I thought it was pretty good, Zach crazy-greek-name's acting was really spot on as well, but people made it up to be some kind of holy grail of comedy before I saw it, so I was a little dissapointed when I left the theatre.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Geno

Isn't that one of those Judd Apatow or Judd Apatow-like comedies? Those average about one laugh per movie, so this is no surprise. 

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By beargirl1

it was really fucking stupid, but I laughed so much. I won't lie, I thought it was hilarious. 

i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By i69edUrGpa

It was alright I suppose, nothing spectacular but I had the odd chuckle

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Demyx

I found it to be very funny and entertaining. One of the better comedies i've seen in a while

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CptBedlam
@AjayRaz said:
" it was really fucking stupid, but I laughed so much. I won't lie, I thought it was hilarious.  "
this

I guess you have to enjoy this particular kind of stupid humor.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xyzygy

I'm just wondering, what did you think of Knocked Up?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#14  Edited By Yummylee
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Like anything, it appeals to certain dispositions more than others.   Personally, I think it's funniest to me having lived through some similar (and less dramatic) hangover experiences. It's fun to relate. I don't think it has anything to do with having a "bad sense of humor". In fact, I'm not sure I even know what a "bad sense of humor" is.  "

Hitler probably had a bad sense of humor. Actually....nah i'd imagine he'd be a rave at parties, now Jack Thompson...oh yeah.
Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Romination

I didn't really ever laugh but i liked the movie still. as a not-too-serious drama rather than a comedy

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I've never really laughed at comedies...ever.

Like I was watching Borat with a friend and it wasn't funny at all. He started complaining and asking why I wasn't laughing >_>

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Absurd

You're just a ruhtard.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I didn't laugh at it nearly as much as my friends did, but I still found it to be a very entertaining and enjoyable movie.  

And Step Brothers is one of the best comedies of the decade, maybe even the last twenty years.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gabriel
@xyzygy said:
" I'm just wondering, what did you think of Knocked Up? "
Oddly I thought Knocked up was a better Drama than comedy, and for some reason I enjoyed it.
TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By TomA

What happens with me, is that once something gets popular and annoying highschool kids start talking about it like it's the best(you know who i'm talking about) then I usually don't like it, it ruins it for me. Often times it's because they overhype it and it doesn't live up to the hype, but more often than not I don't like it just cause they do. They're are some exceptions sure, but luckily I usually like completely different things than them anyways, so it's all good. Either that or they're too busy worrying about their dumb little relationships and the latest gossip about other people who are just like them. Ya that's my mini rant about how i hate highschool kids, even though i technically am a highschool kid I'm not like that.

EDIT: Also very rarely is Family Guy  legitimately funny, mostly it's just random pop culture references that aren't related to the main plot and jokes that go on for way too long and happen every few episodes or so. And don't get me started on that fucking chicken either. I miss Greg the Bunny, except for the Sara Silverman part.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iam3green

i thought that the hangover was a really funny movie. i just watched it on saturday night. i thought step brothers was also funny to watch also.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pibo47

I walked into that movie with no expectations..and normally i love comedy movies...but the hangover didn't do it for me :\

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I'm slowly trying to watch it, in amongst boughts of being unable to watch it cause its just that stupid, i dont like stupid comedy...

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Skytylz

I didn't like Step Brothers either.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

It was great and funny.  Your just super stupid. 

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By emkeighcameron

"Oh, right, I keep forgetting about the fucking tiger."

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Colonel_Cool said:

" And it wasn't very good. I've heard acquaintances at school who would always insist that it was hilarious. But really, it wasn't that funny, and the strongest reaction I got was a couple single soft breaths of quiet laughter to myself. Same thing happened after I watched Anchorman and Stepbrothers. Seriously, they're less funny than Family Guy. Why does everyone else have such a bad sense of humor? "

-You're right.  It's shit and tries way too hard to be funny.  I liked Anchorman and Step Brothers though.

@emkeighcameron said:
" "Oh, right, I keep forgetting about the fucking tiger." "

Oh wow what a clever running gag.  Mike Tyson's tiger that they kidnapped.  Then he punched them while sounding like a underage schoolgirl with a lisp.  So funny I nearly turned off. 
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Black_Raven

I disagree in the fact that for this kinda movie it's one of the funnier ones, but a score 8 on IMDB is way too high imo.

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

the movie is funny, but man is it overrated. There are way better comedies out there and i feel this film doesn't deserve this much credit. It's funny and that's really all 

Also Zach Galifianakis has been doing his thing long before this... i'm glad he's getting recognized but in such a weak fashion... atleast Visioneers is getting some recognition..... love that movie

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By DanielJW
@TheMustacheHero said:
" I've never really laughed at comedies...ever.  Like I was watching Borat with a friend and it wasn't funny at all. He started complaining and asking why I wasn't laughing >_> "
You and me both brother. Borat didn't even get me to crack a smile. 

I watched The Hangover last night, it was OK. It's been said already that my friends over hyped it. Very mediocre in my opinion. 
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By handlas

you don't have a sense of humor

that's about it.  The movie was funny.  Zach is hilarious.  I love his "Between Two Ferns" skits and him on Tim and Eric Awesome Show.

but if neither Borat or The Hangover is funny to some of you guys.  What is funny to you?  Seriously?  I use to watch Family Guy.  It is funny IMO whenever I still catch it on.  Cleveland Show is god awful.  My all time favorite comedy movie is still and probably forever will be Dumb and Dumber tho.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Black_Raven
@DanielJW said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" I've never really laughed at comedies...ever.  Like I was watching Borat with a friend and it wasn't funny at all. He started complaining and asking why I wasn't laughing >_> "
You and me both brother. Borat didn't even get me to crack a smile.  I watched The Hangover last night, it was OK. It's been said already that my friends over hyped it. Very mediocre in my opinion.  "
Did you find Bruno funny? I remember when I saw that in the theatres by far the funniest part was the audiences reactions.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mordukai
@Gabriel said:
" Your wrong it's a fairly well thought out and funny comedy, that bearded guy was hillarious "
His name is Zach Galifianakis (quite a mouthful) and he is freaking hilarious.   

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By Lies
@SeriouslyNow said:
Then he punched them while sounding like a underage schoolgirl with a lisp.  So funny I nearly turned off.  "
You know that's what he actually sounds like in real life right? It's not supposed to be funny.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DanielJW
@Black_Raven said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
You and me both brother. Borat didn't even get me to crack a smile.  I watched The Hangover last night, it was OK. It's been said already that my friends over hyped it. Very mediocre in my opinion.  "
Did you find Bruno funny? I remember when I saw that in the theatres by far the funniest part was the audiences reactions. "
Never saw Bruno. Looked like the same thing to me.
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By handlas
@DanielJW said:
" @Black_Raven said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
Did you find Bruno funny? I remember when I saw that in the theatres by far the funniest part was the audiences reactions. "
Never saw Bruno. Looked like the same thing to me. "
I'm a big Sacha Baron Cohen fan.  Loved the Ali G show....but Bruno was pretty terrible :(.  I liked the character on his show but as a full movie dedicated to him, it just wasn't funny.  Most of it seemed completely scripted (which is okay if it is still funny of course because I'm sure a lot of Borat was scripted as well but it wasn't funny).  Only one funny part probably because it is pretty gross.  He has a focus group watching his show and there is a scene on it where he has his...parts....swinging around.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Lies said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
Then he punched them while sounding like a underage schoolgirl with a lisp.  So funny I nearly turned off.  "
You know that's what he actually sounds like in real life right? It's not supposed to be funny. "
Ah I see, so post modernist. I guess comedy now it about not being funny.  What's next computer games that have no gameplay?  Yeah they'll be a critical success.
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Black_Raven
@handlas said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @Black_Raven said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
I'm a big Sacha Baron Cohen fan.  Loved the Ali G show....but Bruno was pretty terrible :(.  I liked the character on his show but as a full movie dedicated to him, it just wasn't funny.  Most of it seemed completely scripted (which is okay if it is still funny of course because I'm sure a lot of Borat was scripted as well but it wasn't funny).  Only one funny part probably because it is pretty gross.  He has a focus group watching his show and there is a scene on it where he has his...parts....swinging around. "
It wasn't just swinging around, it fucking talked!
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DanielJW
@Black_Raven said:
" @handlas said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @Black_Raven said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
I'm a big Sacha Baron Cohen fan.  Loved the Ali G show....but Bruno was pretty terrible :(.  I liked the character on his show but as a full movie dedicated to him, it just wasn't funny.  Most of it seemed completely scripted (which is okay if it is still funny of course because I'm sure a lot of Borat was scripted as well but it wasn't funny).  Only one funny part probably because it is pretty gross.  He has a focus group watching his show and there is a scene on it where he has his...parts....swinging around. "
It wasn't just swinging around, it fucking talked! "
This is just getting better and better...
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Akeldama

How to make yourself look edgy and cool: 

Step 1: Hate everything popular 

Example: This thread.

IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By IcySandman
@TheMustacheHero: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective/Ace Ventura:When Nature calls?  D:
Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Qorious

I thought Hangover was a good movie. I laughed at a few things in there, but it wasn't as all that as other people made it out to be. Maybe I've fallen into the hype train when I was watching that movie. 

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By captain_clayman

it's SOOOO overrated but it's still good 
you might have liked it had you watched it on your own instead of on your friends recommendations.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#44  Edited By Black_Rose

I thought it was freakin' hilarious. Better than most comedies released in the past 10 years. 

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rowr

You probably need to be either a pubescent american who instantly find anything to do with drinking cool and inherently funny because its such a taboo (the audience of any college movie ever made.)

Or someone who has a good history of getting drunk and doing stupid things and can relate.

Falling in the second category, i found it reasonabley funny.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I think the only reason I thought it was so hillarious was the fact that I thought it didn't look funny at all. I went into it thinking it would it be a pretty lack luster comedy.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#47  Edited By ez123

Oh man, I hate popular thing so much, it was even worse than three other popular things.  Popular thing loving people are retarded.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Black_Raven said:

" @handlas said:

" @DanielJW said:
" @Black_Raven said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
It wasn't just swinging around, it fucking talked! "
(c)Hi Five!   At least some people get the brilliance.  Bruno, if taken only as the parts when Cohen is being disgusting, is not a great movie. But the scenes where he is interviewing the parents of the would be child actors who will be subjected to informal surgery, chemistry, high speed collisions without seatbelt and to be be dressed as nazi officers while wheeling other children into an oven while these parents agree to all of this without batting an eyelid as long their get the role are HILARIOUS.  Frightening, disgusting but side splittingly hilarious!

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Colonel_Cool
@xyzygy said:
" I'm just wondering, what did you think of Knocked Up? "
Haven't watched it, and I don't know much about it. I'll have to give that a watch.

@sidescroller said:
" @Colonel_Cool: I actually agree with you, I didn't find the Hangover as hilarious as people made it out to be.  Your comment about Anchorman, however, is COMPLETELY uncalled for. Anchorman may be the funniest comedy of our time.  You need to watch it more than once really, almost everybody I know, myself included, didn't really like it until the second time through. "

And to be fair, it has been a few years since I've seen Anchorman. I'll have to give that another try.
Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Daryl

I enjoyed the Hangover but I wasn't laughing my head off or wiping tears from my eyes. Getting sick though of all these comedy films coming out with the same actors and similar jokes/plots.