So nine days till the most important decision of our lifetimes:

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By giyanks22

By this I mean the election. I'm not playing sides here, but people need to realize what's at stake here. The world is in a delicate state. Russia with it's whole Georgia invasion really didn't help the already crazy world. Iran has just gotten crazy. The world is in the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression. Hugo Chavez is...well an asshole. The American populous is more divided than ever. And less than half the country supports the war in Iraq. Taking all of those things into account now....think about how much all these things will affect you, your children, and your grandchildren. Do we want to get involved in a war with Russia that has been prevented up until now, and see bloodshed at numbers that far exceed any war before, even WWII? Do we want to ignore Iran, and their crazy leaders, and allow them to anihilate Israel. Do we want to be able to go to sleep at night knowing that we safe physically and financially.

You're probably expecting me to say something like "Vote for McCain, or Obama sucks ball sack", but no. I'm just saying that these are the most important issues of our lifetimes, and they will dictate the outcome of the world as we know it. So I say to you if you're disappointed with the job of government, then vote Nov. 4th, because this election will change the world forever...maybe for good...maybe for bad...who knows. I pray that we can make it through these tough times, and somehow manage to stop the evil extremism that threatens our very exsistence.

So get out and Vote.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

i live in the uk, and dont really have much of an opinion on who i would  vote for, but as big a player in world economics as america is, i hope you all do your duty as human beings and make a differance.

Things are far from ideal globally at the moment - and this election has the potential to change an awful lot, for better or for worse, but if it is us who makes the bed -its us that lies in it.
Just make sure you make it well :)
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By giyanks22

Well I can't vote...but I'll do my best lol.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate
giyanks22 said:
"Well I can't vote...but I'll do my best lol."
just run down the street throwing voting forms at people and screaming at their newborns until they sign - tends to do the trick
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By giyanks22
OmegaPirate said:
"giyanks22 said:
just run down the street throwing voting forms at people and screaming at their newborns until they sign - tends to do the trick"
I'm not acorn....

Which is a voter registration comapany (that Obama has a ton of ties with), that registers people 20 times to vote. They have registered mickey mouse lol.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By BoG

I voted two days ago at an early voting station at my university. Of course, the big day when we find out who will lead our nation awaits. I think it is almost inevitable that Obama will win, but we never know.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Mourne
Tarsier said:
"It doesn't matter who you vote for. McCain is going to win and in 2012 Obama is going to rise from the ashes and bring with him an apocalypse more terrible than has ever been seen in the history of mankind."
Well, if that made sense, I'd... Hmm, needs to make sense first...

Obama will win, and thank goodness that's the case. Already voted early and will be celebrating.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I'd vote for Obama, but I never got around to registering. Obama isn't going to win in my state, anyway, and he's most likely to win the nation.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Clean

Every candidate I want to win always loses, but I'm almost positive Obama will win

Mistyshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Mistyshadow

Well according to McCain, the polls are wrong.... boy is he in denial, perhaps he should take a stats course.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

According to McCain, Obama is a terrorist and there is a giant fairy in the sky who will put you in hell if you have an abortion.

People, of course, can clearly see his infinite wisdom. I don't think he'll have any problem winning the election.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Karmum

Most important decision of our lives, yeah, okay. Glad I can miss this opportunity, since I cannot vote. Maybe it is just me, but it is far from my most important decision, if I was put into the situation.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By DualReaver
Karmum said:
"Most important decision of our lives, yeah, okay. Glad I can miss this opportunity, since I cannot vote. Maybe it is just me, but it is far from my most important decision, if I was put into the situation."
It's just you.
Jesus_Juice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jesus_Juice

Guys, get over yourselves. The outcome of this election isn't going to make a difference, and your vote doesn't really matter either.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By giyanks22
Mistyshadow said:
"Well according to McCain, the polls are wrong.... boy is he in denial, perhaps he should take a stats course."
A year ago the polls said McCain had no chance at being the GOP nominee...instead he blew the competition out of the water, and it wasn't even close. That won't happen with Obama, but the polls are rarely right. The most accurate poll from 2004 says that Obama only has a 1.1 lead, but like I said the polls are almost never right.
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By demonbear

Im canadian so, we had time to start and finish our election and you guys still aren't done with yours. Come on already!

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OGCartman
demonbear said:
"Im canadian so, we had time to start and finish our election and you guys still aren't done with yours. Come on already!"
yah ay!

w/e, we'll watch some hockey n drink some mapple syrup in our iglue's in the mean time :P
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Verdugo

Whoever is elected, I bet they'll screw up.

I'll eat my words if they manage to pull the U.S out the hole it's in.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By brukaoru
Jesus_Juice said:
"Guys, get over yourselves. The outcome of this election isn't going to make a difference, and your vote doesn't really matter either."
Totally agree.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By ryanwho

Electoral college determines the president, not popular vote. So its not the biggest choice YOU will make, just your representative.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Both Obama & McSame sound like they're going to do the same thing when they get in office. The differences aren't that great.  My biggest fear is McSame getting in office, then dying, then having Palin for Prez...Her first order of business will be to allow Alaska to secede from the Union.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HazBazz

Thank god this whole election thing will be over soon, all the UK news is full of it. I'm sick of it

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Omega
giyanks22 said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"giyanks22 said:
just run down the street throwing voting forms at people and screaming at their newborns until they sign - tends to do the trick"
I'm not acorn....

Which is a voter registration comapany (that Obama has a ton of ties with), that registers people 20 times to vote. They have registered mickey mouse lol."
I think your republicanism is showing.

Acorn is legally obligated to turn in ALL registrations no matter how fake they are.
McCain has ties with acorn as well.

Why not research this shit instead of listening to Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Rielly as if what they say is 100% fact.
If this election really is so important to you.
thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thanatos990

the most important decision I had to make in my life, is what should I watch on Tv today

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By lazyturtle
giyanks22 said:
" The most accurate poll from 2004 says that Obama only has a 1.1 lead, but like I said the polls are almost never right."
Good thing it's 2008 than....
Try checking out polls of polls. Those are the averages of many different polls and paint a more accurate picture.

As for it being 'the most important election/decision of my life'...that's what they say everytime. I'd say 2000 was more significant...imagine instead of the Bush disaster we were just coming down off 8 years of President Gore..the world would be a better place. I think the way that election was stoeln really disallusioned a lot of voters.