Teacher that you hated?

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vlademir

I just started grade 12 in high school. One of the classes I took was biology, which I expected would be taught by the same biology teacher I had last year and the same science teacher I had in grade 9 and 10.  It turns out that I have a different teacher who my friends have warned me isn't good at teaching at all, I figured they were exaggerating... I was wrong.

It turns out my teacher is usually an applied (teaches college courses) teacher rather than an academic (teaches university courses) teacher, and this is my teacher's first time teaching grade 12 biology for either type of class; applied or academic. I've slowly learned why people don't seem to like this specific teacher, my teacher simply isn't organized.

1. In the middle of explaining something to the class my teacher will go "Wait that's not right", and start from the beginning again trying to get it right.
    - Imagine being told "The pen is red, the pen is green, the pen is blue", and then being asked on a test "What colour is the pen?". It get's a little confusing...

2. Once or twice my teacher has gotten to the middle of a sentence and just stopped and said "Hold on a second", and quickly looked at some notes to know what she's talking about.

3. Right now, rather than explaining stuff about the course, my teacher is having the class do some activity cutting and pasting pictures of molecules to a piece of paper...

My friends have told me that my teacher has given tests in which more than 1/2 the class will fail and need to re-write multiple times because they have no idea what the teacher was talking about, and the people who didn't fail were usually the genius kids who have a 90-95 in the course and they will usually only achieve a mark in the 70's - 80's. Because of this, I've decided to just bring the textbook home every night and try to teach myself the course as we go along to fill in the gaps.

I actually feel a little dumber after going to class... lol

Have you ever had a teacher that you simply hated for any reason?

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By twenty0ne

My health class teacher awhile back. We never got along, partially because she could never remember anything.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Bennyishere

My math teacher in 11th grade was like that. I barely passed.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Black_Rose

I hated them all

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Health class back in the states.
She was racist, and she made me do a proyect twice i hated that bitch!

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By HazBazz

My Chemistry teacher at Comprehensive school.
Mr Sidell from Winterton Comp, if you're reading this, you're a douche.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Karmum

I haven't had a terrible teacher, I mean, sure, I probably disliked a few I have had, but none that were too ridiculous. Not yet, I will find out tomorrow.

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darthzew

There were plenty I've hated. For instance, my Portuguese teacher was a Nazi. Not a literal one, but she sure had her "aryan race" picked out and I wasn't one of them... I also had a math teacher who, at the end of class, said, "You know what? I'm not teaching this right... no homework. You're dismissed." 

EDIT: The average grade in her class was a "D" and the lowest grade was a 19. It was that bad. (I got a 37 on one report card)
Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i really hated my last math teacher. she was like what tc described, but she was also strict as fuck about everything. you always had to be working on math homework. ALWAYS. if you finished your homework, you cant work on homework for any other classes, or sleep. and she actually checked whether or not your were doing math. she would hover around the class and look at your desk between trips to her desk to do teacher-stuff. i guess you could hide whatever you were doing, but thats still retarded.

and my last science teacher was some kind of asshole. he never told us anything we needed to know straight, since we were the "smart kids of the school" (it was an honors class) and he wanted to see just how smart we could be. that didnt work, and he just gave up of the whole thing two weeks before the semester ended.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kush

I hated my Graphics/Design teacher in art school. He was a sexist pig and an asshole who deserves to get his ass beat.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kmdrkul

My Geometry teacher in 9th grade always talked about tennis.  He never gave lectures or lessons.  Needless to say I had to take the class again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Rose said:
"

I hated them all

"
  This. Except one :P
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Player1

I know exactly what you mean. There is always that teacher that you absolutely hate thier style, and how they teach. Usually for me its that I hate them as a person.  It's not exactly teaching related. 

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

im home schooled and i hate my parents >:P 

im just kidding ive never really hated a teacher 
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Demyx
Karmum said:
"I haven't had a terrible teacher, I mean, sure, I probably disliked a few I have had, but none that were too ridiculous. Not yet, I will find out tomorrow."
same. I didn't really like my AP World HIstory teacher, but she wasn't a horrible teacher. Overall I've had pretty good teachers over the years.
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Omega

I hated my 10'th grade art teacher. She was an asshole to all the male students. She was especially hard on me because she taught my mother way back when she was in high school, and they didn't get along at all.

In the middle of the year I had gotten a severe case of pneumonia. I mean, in the hospital for 2 months, close to death, severe. While recovering I did all the homework for every class, including art class. The day I come back I hand my work in to my teachers and everything is fine. Until I get to art class. I didn't give her my work until after her lesson was finished. (I figured it would have been rude to bother her while in the middle of teaching.)

When I handed it to her she refused it. She said I was to give it to her as soon as I arrived. Even though it had only been 10 minutes since the start of class. So because of that bitch and her hatred towards my family, I only just passed the class with a 58 average, instead of at least an 85 like I was heading for before getting sick.

So if any of you have a mother that is an art teacher in Ontario, Canada and last name is Ireland, then your mother is an asshole.

Edit: I should also mention that her husband was my fathers teacher in high school as well. And their teacher-student relationship ended in a fistfight (My dad wasn't in the wrong, either. The guy just went off on him.) ...so yeah, I was screwed even before I joined that class.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

My Chemistry teacher 2 years back.

Just like you said, pretty much everyone was failing except for like 3 kids.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Colonel_Cool

I really disliked my chemistry teacher last year. She wasn't mean or bitchy or anything, she was just a bad teacher. I had to learn a lot of the material on my own outside of class and I had to work a lot harder than I should have to get an A.

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vlademir

Wow, some of these people sound like real A-holes. I'm surprised at how all of these people are certified teachers.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By danielkempster

The one teacher that comes to mind is my Year 12 History teacher. She would spend twenty minutes at the start of every hour-long lesson giving us a brief overview of a topic, then sent us off to the school library, telling us to "teach ourselves". And that's no exaggeration, it was literally EVERY lesson. The only thing she taught me was that Ernst Rohm was head of the SS, and I later learned that's wrong (he was head of the SA). She was completely useless, and the reason I dropped History after that year.

Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

i don't encounter many teachers that i truly hate. my french teacher in 7th grade was fucking dumb, though.

Avatar image for cleverloginname
CleverLoginName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CleverLoginName

My senior chemistry teacher had the thickest russian accent so I could barely understand her and some people were constantly jerks to her so she was just in a state of being pissed at our entire class, I graduated with like a 59% D- in her class.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#24  Edited By Dimsey

My art teacher was something of a douchebag.
He'd spend more time talking about football, cars, drinking and crap with the other guys in class and less time actually teaching.
I mean if you're going to be a crappy teacher it's probably a good thing he's a crappy art teacher, because lets face it - how many of us are actually going to use art?
Yeah. A pretty small percentage.

But still I was more interested in art at that time and it would've been nice to have the teacher teach.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By clubsandwich

my health and literature teachers, they were bitches, I hope they're dead.

Not really. :q
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shocker

My civics teacher makes us staple our papers at a 45 degree angle or else he will take 15 points off. Pretty ridiculous.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nude_Dude
dankempster said:
"The one teacher that comes to mind is my Year 12 History teacher. She would spend twenty minutes at the start of every hour-long lesson giving us a brief overview of a topic, then sent us off to the school library, telling us to "teach ourselves". And that's no exaggeration, it was literally EVERY lesson. The only thing she taught me was that Ernst Rohm was head of the SS, and I later learned that's wrong (he was head of the SA). She was completely useless, and the reason I dropped History after that year."
I <3 your icon, speedo.
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Demilich

Mr. Thompson, you're a fucking douche. I hope you get run over by a tractor.

Also you bear striking resemblances to Jack Thompson.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RandomHero666

i hated most of my teachers, but my statistics one was worse, i didnt even try to comply as i had already passed maths and stats was a bonus.

I never showed up for my GCSE or did any coursework for that class, i just couldnt stand her....Ringo Somers i believed we called her.........DAMN YOU!!!!!!1

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By zeus_gb

I had a few teachers that I didn't like.  Some because I just didn't get on with them but others I found to be very poor teachers.

I had two English teachers straight out of teacher training that were hopeless at explaining things.  We gave them time to settle down for a few months because they were new but nothing changed.  People in the class then started to mess about and the teachers complained to the head of lower school, we then complained about them being hopeless and they changed our teachers.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#31  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I had a teacher in year 1 who was having serious problems in her life so she took it out on me, shouting and stuff. There were also a few moments with my year 4 and 6 teacher I didn't like where she'd be shouting about at kids because she was stressed. Then in my secondary school there was this one teacher who wouldn't stand up to any of the kids making too much noise or mucking about and she was always getting things wrong (she left the school pretty quickly). There was also an art teacher in that school constantly having nervous breakdowns, she'd always have time off, she believed anything short of the absolutely generic drawing or painting wasn't art, sometimes she'd come over and try and fix peoples work only to make it worse and blame them and she kept losing peoples work, in fact she even lost my friends GCSE coursework making his grade an E. Then there was a P.E. teacher who was just this Australian macho stereotype who didn't like anyone unless they had a certain level of skill at P.E. Then there was the science teacher who had such a fake air of happiness when really she was very strict and just wanted everything done by the rules for the sake of it. Then last year in college there was my Sociology teacher who was always late, disorganised and had mood swings which affected her teaching. But I had some good teachers too.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PharoahCapcom

teachers generally don't like me...to many stories to tell.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Verdugo

I had a sizeable amount of disgust towards my 5th grade teacher.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By mracoon

My maths teacher mr b

DiscoLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DiscoLights

Mrs. Matteson in Rota, Spain

That racist devil woman.
Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vlademir
Gamer_152 said:
"I had a teacher in year 1 who was having serious problems in her life so she took it out on me, shouting and stuff. There were also a few moments with my year 4 and 6 teacher I didn't like where she'd be shouting about at kids because she was stressed. Then in my secondary school there was this one teacher who wouldn't stand up to any of the kids making too much noise or mucking about and she was always getting things wrong (she left the school pretty quickly). There was also an art teacher in that school constantly having nervous breakdowns, she'd always have time off, she believed anything short of the absolutely generic drawing or painting wasn't art, sometimes she'd come over and try and fix peoples work only to make it worse and blame them and she kept losing peoples work, in fact she even lost my friends GCSE coursework making his grade an E. Then there was a P.E. teacher who was just this Australian macho stereotype who didn't like anyone unless they had a certain level of skill at P.E. Then there was the science teacher who had such a fake air of happiness when really she was very strict and just wanted everything done by the rules for the sake of it. Then last year in college there was my Sociology teacher who was always late, disorganised and had mood swings which affected her teaching. But I had some good teachers too."
Wow. Where do you live, all of your teachers seem to have terrible psychological problems. It would make a good horror movie. :P
Skippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Skippy
Demilich said:
"Mr. Thompson, you're a fucking douche. I hope you get run over by a tractor.

Also you bear striking resemblances to Jack Thompson."
Is he by chance an art teacher?
FaintDeftone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FaintDeftone

I had an English teacher my senior year of High School that was a total bitch. She would insult students all the time. Parents would come in complaining all the time and for some reason the school never did anything about it. She told me I was stupid on several occasions and even told me that she would be surprised if I ever graduated.

A teacher like this should never exist. It is their job to encourage kids and build up their confidence instead of putting them down. No wonder our drop-out rate is so high.

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tokyochicken

Well I've never had many TERRIBLE teachers except my grade 9 geography. The only problem was she was in her 70s or so and was senile as hell. She would state alot of incorrect facts and no one would correct her.

Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zombie

My socials teacher was a bitch.

She chose favorites and gave them higher marks

she treated everyone else like dirt

she never taught us anything (She told us to just do questions out of a book for the whole year!)

she told the office that a lost a book when I clearly remembered handing it in on the day of the final exams ($60 book)

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Balls

Ha my first grade teacher used to give us little peanut balls she made and dthey sucked. It's a good thing she died the next year.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By fr0br0

I hated my Geometry teacher. It seemed liked she made the class so much harder than it had to be. So I always chatted with whoever was next to me because I had pretty much given up in that class. Now, three years later, I always drop by her class and make her life harder.

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Balls

Oh man my geometry teacher was this steroid induced rage machine. There must be something about being a failure for like that turns people into dicks.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My current Linguistics professor is an imbecile. 

He gives us homework assignments, then, after we've tried our damndest to best the assignment, then he feels the need to teach the material. 

Believe me, retention is non-existent.  What a joyous fucking time.

Iraqi_Gangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Iraqi_Gangster

My kurdish teacher was a bitch and a sexist! She always gave extra credit for the girls she liked and always harsh and unjust with boys. She always yelled at us and didn't know to teach a thing.  She liked to chit chat with girls like here.

Thank god she is not teaching us this year.