The Economy

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Video_Tycoon

I blame China, taking away all the manufacturing jobs making it so people can't buy cars, ruining the rest of the economy.  I fear every day for my dad's job and the rest of my life. >_<  Who do you blame???

fr33lanc3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr33lanc3r

Sub-prime mortgage lending, our government standing by and then giving them lots of money, and then not reprimanding said companies when they spent it on expensive shit that they didn't need.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By coakroach

Dont blame the Chinese for taking up unskilled labor jobs for successful companies
Blame USA companies for lacking innovation and modern business sense

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gameboi

I blame greed.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

I blame teenage girls making borderline joke topics.

Do I win?

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chokobo

Corporate greed.  Credit card companies target people who can't pay back credit cards because that's where they make all their money from interest.

A good movie for those who have NetFlix about this is Maxed Out; it's under the 'Watch instantly' tab.  Check it out if you have a NetFlix account.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By serbsta

I blame the people for letting those fuckers get away with it... you know where all that "bailout money" went? It went into investments in Chinese companies. You hear about that $14 billion auto-bailout business that barely didnt get passed a few days ago? Yeah.. all that money, "auto" into China. xD

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By daniel_beck_90

as stated by the government , our current economical crisis is largely because of  fannie mae and freddie mack .

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Video_Tycoon
coakroach said:
"Dont blame the Chinese for taking up unskilled labor jobs for successful companies
Blame USA companies for lacking innovation and modern business sense"
Hmm..I guess. >_<  My dad's manufacturing work got bought by an American company and he is the only one who can work the machines...
Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chokobo
coakroach said:
"Dont blame the Chinese for taking up unskilled labor jobs for successful companies
Blame USA companies for lacking innovation and modern business sense"
Its not USA companies lacking innovation.  Manufacturing jobs are simply more cost-effective overseas.  For example, to make a product in China for 8 bucks worth of labor and materials, it costs 50-60 bucks worth of labor and materials in the USA.  They're moving jobs overseas because it makes modern business sense.
ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ieatlions

I blame china for being successful where US companies have failed. I have a question though why is china the easiest scape goat?

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chokobo

People are missing the point.  Minimum wage laws and unions in America have made manufacturing products in America less profitable for companies.  Therefore, in order to increase the profits that companies make on products they outsource manufacturing to countries that are less developed in the ways of worker's rights.  This is done so they can lower their payroll budget and save money while making the same products that could be made for 15 times what they cost to make in China.

Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Joru
ieatlions said:
"I blame china for being successful where US companies have failed. I have a question though why is china the easiest scape goat?"
China is communist and uses the communist economy system mixed with the capitalist system. It's unique, so it reacts differently to the rest of the world.
ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ieatlions
Joru said:
"ieatlions said:
"I blame china for being successful where US companies have failed. I have a question though why is china the easiest scape goat?"
China is communist and uses the communist economy system mixed with the capitalist system. It's unique, so it reacts differently to the rest of the world."
umm good 2 know ? :S
ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#15  Edited By ManMadeGod

Maybe would should start listening to people like this guy, who know what is going on, and not to brain-dead politicians.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By get2sammyb

The media play a big part awell. They're constantly telling people how they've "got no money" -- which means everyone freezes up and stops spending and suddenly people are out of a job, which means they really can't spend and thus even more people lose their jobs and it becomes a vicious, vicious circle.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By brukaoru
Chokobo said:
"People are missing the point.  Minimum wage laws and unions in America have made manufacturing products in America less profitable for companies.  Therefore, in order to increase the profits that companies make on products they outsource manufacturing to countries that are less developed in the ways of worker's rights.  This is done so they can lower their payroll budget and save money while making the same products that could be made for 15 times what they cost to make in China."
Exactly.

People demand cheaper things, but in order to produce those cheaper things, production is outsourced to other countries. This creates cheaper products, but also creates less jobs for people in the United States.
Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kratos81

This is just the beginning, they want the economy to crash all over the world. Then they can "HELP" us with the one world government or new world order. Its sounds crazy right now but in a fews years you all will see.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ish
Video_Tycoon said:
"I blame China, taking away all the manufacturing jobs making it so people can't buy cars, ruining the rest of the economy.  I fear every day for my dad's job and the rest of my life. >_<  Who do you blame???"
Don't blame China for being cheap for business.

If there is someone you want to blame for the current economic crisis, blame people for taking or giving loans they couldn't pay.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By get2sammyb
Kratos81 said:
"This is just the beginning, they want the economy to crash all over the world. Then they can "HELP" us with the one world government or new world order. Its sounds crazy right now but in a fews years you all will see."
Little bit scared you're not ruling the world?

Guess you could just nuke them, huh?

Stop being idiots. This is not China's fault at all. While the Western world has been clarelessly throwing it's weight (and cash) around China has been growing.
Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Giantkitty

... and all the people who buy all those things on credit, increasing demand and inflating prices. It's not all their fault

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RetroIce4

I blame ourselves. We are the ones that allowed this to happen. America's time is up. History works in ways. It was Europe and their monarchy's in 1800's. America was 1900's to 2000's and we are done. China's turn is 2000. Sorry but its true.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lamegame621
Gameboi said:
"I blame greed."
Here is your answer, plain and simple.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Hexpane

Blaming greed simply allows the USA government to continue to suck corporate cock and make the rich richer.   Even Alan Greenspan was basically like "Uhh I dunno wha happan?"  inexcusable answer.  Greed is the human desire that got us into it, but you can't blame "motivation"  .. people are responsible.  Many thousands of ruling elite who have been flecing the taxpayers for centuries.

Shit is going down in Greece as people are getting that "wait a second, I've been getting FUCKED royaly yet the executives are still getting bonus payments"

This works in america w/o any riots because bamboozled under educated right wingers secretly wish to be the next Rush LImbaugh.  They have these wrong headed dreams that if they support the right wing enough some day like "Joe the Plumber" they too will own their own business and make 500K+ a year.  Well, it aint ever going to happen for Joe the Plumber nor 95% of the working class in the world.

Capitalism demands that the vast majority get paid far less than the elite ruling class.   Its the world's biggest pyramid scheme.  It worked for a few centuries because we had oil fueled growth, oil was exploited to do the "work" that used to be done by slave labor.  Because we eliminated the need for slaves in this country, we were able to have unregulated  uncontrolled growth.  People had jobs and even those making horrible wages could spend their money on scratch tickets, and cigs.  Praying to a false god for their "big break"

Meanwhile the corporate pirates raped the taxpayers w/ endlessly complex tax codes written in order for them to avoid paying.  Golden parachutes, record oil profts and short selling continuted until like all schemes, it collapsed.

And here we have Bush W, Alan Greenspan and the hidden lobbyists all playing the "wha happen?" card.  It's obvious what happened, 1 trillion dollars in theft