• 69 results
BackpackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By BackpackKat

I love music videos. Some of them are the most creative videos I have seen. Post some of your favorites in here to get the word out on artist you think deserve some reconition.

Post some commentary on why you like the video!

So this doesnt turn into a youtube spamming thread. I will start. 

Metronomy- A Thing For Me 
This video has some really creative effects and always makes me smile.

It is very original and is definately one of my favorite videos I have seen recently. 

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ahriman22

None really, music videos suck.

But I like this one.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

My favorite music video of all time is Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice." Christopher Walken is all you need to make a video a classic:

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4  Edited By Symphony

Ahh another chance to plug this video, horray!
Crabcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Crabcraft
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I just want to remind everyone of this topic & reiterate the OP's sentiments about posting a decent sized commentary with your video. We don't want this thread to become a mindless stream of youtube spam. We want some discussion to go along with the video's.

Anyway, I absolutely love the video to I Want To Break Free by Queen. It's hilarious seeing all the member's of Queen dressed up as women. It's fantastic when Freddie Mercury walks in with his hoover. And the song is an absolute classic too. 

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1
@RHCPfan24 said:
" My favorite music video of all time is Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice." Christopher Walken is all you need to make a video a classic:

"
this is also one of my all time favorites.  

@Symphony: that video is great too. I don't remember where i've seen it before.. but i really like it ^^ 
BackpackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BackpackKat
@MattyFTM said:
"I just want to remind everyone of this topic & reiterate the OP's sentiments about posting a decent sized commentary with your video. We don't want this thread to become a mindless stream of youtube spam. We want some discussion to go along with the video's.

Anyway, I absolutely love the video to I Want To Break Free by Queen. It's hilarious seeing all the member's of Queen dressed up as women. It's fantastic when Freddie Mercury walks in with his hoover. And the song is an absolute classic too. 

"

Thanks for posting that thread. Im trying to make sure this doesnt turn into mindless spamming. Also great vid, but not as "Bohemian Rhapsody"
ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ptc
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By buzz_clik
evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By evanbrau

Come To Daddy - Aphex Twin. Directed by Chris Cunningham.

This video is creepy and intense. Cunningham and Aphex Twin have worked together several times since and the end results is generally unforgettable. They collaborated on a short film/music video called Rubber Johnny that I couldn't post here since there is an erect penis at the very beginning but its definitely the best thing they've done together. This video is pretty awesome though.
FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FartyMcNarly

Every single Lady GaGa video ever!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d99c8cd85096
deactivated-5d99c8cd85096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You Only Live Once-The Strokes
The reason I love this video so much is because when I first saw it, once it started playing I thought "Fuck, my favorite band of all time is doing a boring video wearing all white suits while nothing else happens?" Then the video kept going.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xyzygy

Beyonce had the best video of all time.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By Yummylee

So awesomely dark with a lil bit of disturbing thrown in for all the more appeal. Plus its nice to listen to, to remember when Limp Bizkit actually put effort behind their songs :(
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By penguindust

I'm not going to embed them, but you can click the links if interested:

1. The Hardest Button to Button - The White Stripes :  I love the movement of this video.  The way the drum sets leave a trail on the beat of the song. The White Stripes have a bunch of great videos, but this is my favorite.  It was also parodied by the Simpsons when the duo guest starred. 
  2. Don't Come Around Here No More - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers :  When I was in high school this video used to freak me out.  The scene where they are cutting up Alice as cake left an impression.  Also the video has really big tea cups before they were popular. 
  3. Keep Fishin' - Weezer : Simply put, it features the Muppets along with a great song.  This video brings me back to one of my most favorite shows growing up, The Muppet Show.  Each week they'd have guests on and do songs with them and have weird backstage sketches involving the stars too.
  4. Bohemian Rhapsody - The Muppets : Speaking of the Muppets, I love this little gem that found its way onto the internet a couple of weeks ago.  Instead of a straight up cover, this one is uniquely "muppetized" even with Animal singing just one word for an entire part of the song.
  5. Take on Me - A ha :  Very influential and along with Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer, pretty much ingrained in the collective music video conscious of anyone raised in the 80's.   This one was also parodied in a primetime cartoon, Family Guy
  6. Girlfriend - Matthew Sweet : I remember watching this one back in the wee hours of the morning on an independent TV channel back when they still existed. It made me feel less isolated in my love of anime in an age when the internet was relatively unknown.  The video featured scenes from the series, Space Adventure Cobra.
  7. Candyman - Christina Aguilera :  I just like the whole 1940's-Andrew Sisters vibe of this video along with lyrics sure to be banned by the Hayes office had they been recorded in that era.  The coloring process in the video even feels like early color.  Very saturated. 
  8. True Faith - New Order :  Come on! It's got two guys who just keep slappin' each other in the face to the beat of the song.  This is video artistry at its finest. Back when most videos had the budget of a weekend stay at a Motel 6, you had to be creative to keep people's attention.  Catchy tune, too. 
  9. Sabotage - The Beastie Boys : Just about one of the coolest videos ever.  Beasties doing their take on the whole 1970's cop show complete with mustaches for everyone! 
  10. Shut 'em Down - Public Enemy : A barrage of images constantly assault your eyes to the grinding beat and revolutionary lyrics of Chuck D.  This one laid waste to corporate America and the pursuit of the "American Dream".
  11. Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan :  Made back in 1965, it is still one of the best videos ever filmed.  Dylan just flops cards with the words and phrases from his lyrics always a bit behind.  Great stuff that has been paid homage in other later works, notably  INXS's Mediate.
  12. We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel : Okay, it's not the greatest, deepest song ever, but the video was fun to watch as time passed by like some version of Disney's old Carousel of Progress ride.
  13. Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai : The movement of the floor is the most amazing thing in this video and I love the camera tricks used to create the motion
  14. Safety Dance - Men Without Hats : Just a fun video with a great song and I love it.  Dancing midgets and a trip to the Renaissance Faire!   
EDIT: @Symphony:  That was very cool, thank you for introducing me to that.
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Capum15
@Symphony said:

"  

Ahh another chance to plug this video, horray! "
Hah, I love that video.
Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Canberra

Justice - DANCE 
Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Damian

Sometimes terrifying. Most times awesome. 

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Oh, man. I could list about all of the Foo Fighters videos. I'll list the noteworthy ones, though. 

Big Me

FOOTOS!!! 

Resolve

Grohl gets it on with a mermaid. Enough said. 

Learn To Fly

The fact that Dave acts as about half the people in the video makes it my favorite. 

Now, here's my favorite non-Foo Fighters video.  

Jeremy - Pearl Jam  

It's a sad video yes, but it's amazing. 
Robinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Robinson

Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly ftw.  no better video

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By gingertastic_10
@PenguinDust said:

Sabotage - The Beastie Boys : Just about one of the coolest videos ever.  Beasties doing their take on the whole 1970's cop show complete with mustaches for everyone!  "

Well the music video is shot by Spike Jonze, who directed Where the Wild Things Are. I do agree, it is pretty good.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By JJOR64
@Symphony said:

"  

Ahh another chance to plug this video, horray! "
w00t w00t!
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#24  Edited By Vinchenzo

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By GunstarRed

I really like the robots in  All is full of Love by Bjork... I'm also pretty fond of a lot of older smashing pumpkins ones like Tonight Tonight and stand inside your love.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26  Edited By Black_Rose

My two favorites are Rocket Dive by hide with Spread Beaver and November Rain by Guns n' Roses. Everyone knows November rain already so I'll just post Rocket Dive: 

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mikemcn

Run, By Gnarls Barkley, I love the setting and the shear insanity of it all. Also, Danger Mouse has the coolest hair ever.  Sorry about the quality. 

Vrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By Vrock
Nine inch nails - Only  
I remembered this song and this clip(actually loved it) because once I spent almost the whole day at the hotel in Finland, and my main source of entertainment there was their MTV channel. They played this video every hour or so.  
It's pretty strange video but also enjoyable in some sort of way. I would call it classy. It feels so. 

Mr. Bungle - My ass is on fire 
Truly - the most wierd and creepy video I have ever seen. Hard drugs are totally involved. 

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By artofwar420

Does this count as a music video? 

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By TheLawnWrangler
@gingertastic_10 said:

" @PenguinDust said:

Sabotage - The Beastie Boys : Just about one of the coolest videos ever.  Beasties doing their take on the whole 1970's cop show complete with mustaches for everyone!  "

Well the music video is shot by Spike Jonze, who directed Where the Wild Things Are. I do agree, it is pretty good. "
Also Adaptation. and Being John Malkovich.... all amazing movies that have a great... organic feel to the action thanks to Spike's directing... he also directed that Buddy Holly video on the last page. Also Intergalactic.

Anyway I really like  
Would You Be Upset by Streetlight Manifesto 

and Time and Time Again by Chronic Future 

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Canberra said:

" Justice - DANCE  "

I agree with this man.

spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By spacetrucking

Land of Confusion by Genesis - Maybe not the best but its certainly unforgettable. The freaky puppets from Spitting Image are scary as hell.

My other favorite is "Don't let the man get you down" by Fatboy Slim. It's so simple, yet so effective with its message.

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By TheLawnWrangler
@buzz_clik: all brilliant directors, and 2 of them have worked with Charlie Kaufman who is already a genius writer 
AWESOME
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By buzz_clik
@nofx4208 said:
" @buzz_clik: all brilliant directors, and 2 of them have worked with Charlie Kaufman who is already a genius writer AWESOME "
Moreover, all three have worked with Björk, herself an amazingly creative and visionary person.
kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#36  Edited By kariyanine

Still one of my favorites.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Th3_James

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This is an unofficial video for this song, but it actually goes pretty well. I don't like the song that much but the video works really well with it.  

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39  Edited By natetodamax

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By zeforgotten
@natetodamax: Oh god yes! 
I had forgotten about that one (not the song, the video) and when Rock Band came out and the Intro was playing was sure I had seen something that reminded me of that. 
The band on top of a car, singing. It's been bugging the hell out of me because I couldn't remember what Music Video that was. Thanks man =D
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#41  Edited By sjschmidt93
Here It Goes Again by OK Go. 

I believe I read they made this music video on a few hundred bucks, and it's fucking simple and awesome. The coordination it must've took, I can't imagine. 

(embedding was disabled, so click the linky)
Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Alphonzo

This shit is weeeird
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By guiseppe

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mikevanpwn

The Subs - Kiss My Trance  

Moderat - Rusty Nails      
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Azteck
Embed disabled by request - Lame.  Either way. My favorite of all time is without a doubt Everong by Foo Fighters

My reason for loving it so much is just because of it's total randomness. I mean. The guy beats two blokes down with his giant hand! How can you not love it? If I'm correct, it's the same director who made Learn to Fly which was listed above (which is also an amazing music video)

Or course, if you're looking for some Foo Fighters while watching a very strange music video. Check out Low.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RetroIce4

I like rap so I am not sure if I can think of a lot of top quality music videos, but I like this one:

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By predator
CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CandleJakk
@nofx4208: Excellent choice in Streetlight Manifesto.  " We Will Fall Together" is done in the same style, but with pirates.

As previously mentioned by others, Weapon Of Choice and Sabotage are also amazing.
Dangerlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dangerlove

Sabotage   

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Goly

Not gonna post any video, just gonna say that Spike Jonze is a god when it comes to making music videos. Well ok I'm gonna post ONE video. 
It's the only song I like by this band, but the video and the song are just so amazing. Anyway here it is.

Why do I like it so much? It's got a guy on fire running while nobody gives a shit about it. And the song is a one hit wonder, but boy it's so good.