• 74 results
ysselzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ysselzor

Picard is my favorite captain and TNG has some of the funnest episodes.
I like the story and the idea behind  enterprise best, its really fun getting to watch the crew visit all those new planets and people  

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By Claude

I liked the original Star Trek, but loved the The Next Generation. I watched it first run on tv and when G4 replayed them watched them all again from start to finish twice. I liked the movies from both casts as well. I have yet to see the 2009 movie, crap, that still pisses me off.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By grilledcheez

TNG for me

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By NinjaHunter

Voyager is the only one I really watched.

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55  Edited By CountRockula

I think an equally important question is "What's your favorite Star Trek theme song?"  All of the different Star Trek series had some of the best theme music in television.  Even the original series theme is pretty good in a kind of goofy, ironic way, and Voyager, which otherwise was total crap, had a beautiful theme.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#56  Edited By citizenkane

I have never really been into Star Trek.  I like it and I think it's really good, but I have always been a Star Wars geek.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ryanwho
@CitizenKane said:
" I have never really been into Star Trek.  I like it and I think it's really good, but I have always been a Star Wars geek. "
Even now? That's dedication. I watched Clone Wars (the tv show) flipping through the channels the other days and.  
Yikes. This is not at all in the spirit of the movies people actually liked. 
I have a theory that Lucas is just seeing how much he can screw his fans over before they stop funding his projects.
Duecenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By Duecenage

They all pale in comparison to Lexx! >_>

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#59  Edited By GunstarRed

next generation ...patrick stewart shooting up some borg with a tommy gun  and oil slick death!
fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#60  Edited By fillmoejoe

The only series I watched was Next Generation.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By adam_grif

Ok, so Ms_Chivious' first thread is the modeling shit-storm, and now a "which Trek series is best" thread, which I'm pleasently surprised at going on for two pages without degenerating into kirk vs picard flame wars. It's starting to look more and more like an elaborate troll account.

I don't like Star Trek at all. The stuff I've seen of it tends to follow the following formula:

- Sensory anomaly (which will no doubt be "off the charts") / distress beacon (and the enterprise will invariably be "the only ship in the quadrant") / visiting alien planet / the holodeck malfunctions. AGAIN. /
- Crew encounters strange alien disease / the ship is hijacked / the warp core is breached
- There is no hope for the crew, some or all of them will certainly die, control panels are usually exploding by this time.
- Miraculous fix is devised in the final 8 minutes of the run-time, usually something to do with anti-proton radiation or reversing the polarity of the sub-space phase array. 

Diseases will have a 100% recovery rate for main characters, with absolutely no long lasting effects of any kind. The treatment will have no side effects.  The captain can have sex with green skinned space babes, because the parts all line up perfectly. They never say anything like "why are you sticking it in my ear". Half human hybrids with motherfucking aliens, not through evil science but actual reproductive compatibility (WOW. This technically makes humans and Vulcans the same freakin' species). Combat takes place IN SPACE at visual range. Woah that is stupid.

And Voyager? DAMN. If anybody has seen "Threshold", you'll know the depths to which Star Trek can sink. 

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm a huge star trek fan, and for me it's a very close tie between The Next Generation & Deep Space Nine. The Next Gen was fantastic. It was loaded full of great characters that made a fantastic series with tonnes of variety. Deep Space Nine also had a tonne of great & interesting characters, but being on a space station that didn't travel limited it's variety, and it got off to quite a slow start. But the Dominion Storyline was amazing. It really lead to a darker star trek universe that was really really awesome.

Voyager was a very interesting concept. Taking it to a completely new region of space meant there were unlimited possibilities for new aliens & planets etc. But the lack of interesting characters (apart from the doctor, he was a fantastic character) lead to a slightly less interesting experience. I understand that the change in pace was intentional, the series was supposed to be more about the aliens & the new part of the universe than the crew, but it just didn't feel right to me.

I never really got into Enterprise. I liked the idea of doing a prequel, before the formation of the federation, but it didn't work as well as it should. They tried to bring in too many new aliens, rather than exploring the already existing ones at this early time. And again, the characters were very uninteresting. I understand the potential was limited, due to there being no federation, and thus a lack of aliens serving aboard, but it just didn't work well.

I really love the original series, it has a fantastic charm, but it is really dated and doesn't hold up that well today.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By flaminghobo

My Dad's a huge Star Trek fan, so when he's watching I'll watch it. From all the episodes I've watched, for me personally, The Next Generation is the best series.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By c1337us

I have watched a reasonable amount of the oringinal series but not that much. The only ones I have really watched a lot of are Next Generation and Voyager. And Voyager only because it was an Easter marathon or something like that and I was unemployed at the time so I basically sat on the couch for 3-4 days and watched Voyager only missing episodes when I needed some sleep or to use the bathroom. I have barely watched Deep Space 9 or Enterprise neither seemed that great. I'll go with TNG as my favorite though.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#65  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Deep Space 9 pwned breakin.  

Or wait,i mean bone breakin....
Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Shazam

Next Gen and DS9 are perhaps the greatest sci-fi shows of all time. I loved them for opposite reasons though.  

Next Gen had the quirky humour and the variety in stories. Nearly every episode was a different,unconnected little story (unless you take into account a few story arcs and Q's judgement of humanity in the first and last episodes .. then it is all connected..spooky.). It updated the original Star Trek cast, Data was clearly a fresh take on Spock, Riker was the new McCoy and so on. I learned important philosophical ideas from Star Trek. It really did mold me into the person I today; while my peers were brushing their barbies hair, I was trying to work out if Moriarty could have really survived outside of the holodeck because of his belief in Descartes "I think, therefore I am". Thrilling stuff.

I love DS9 for mainly because of spiraling plot line. Those twists, the constant interconnection. The struggle the Bajorans had also really hit home with me and my cultural identity. As an Irish person, a hell of a lot of parallels can be drawn between the Bajorans and the Irish and then the Cardassians and The British. Those episodes were Kira struggled with her passion for Bajoran independence, her hatred of her previous oppressors the Cardassians and her duty to represent peace for Bajor on Star Fleet. Compelling stuff. Jadzia Dax and Warf, a timeless love story. I'd say I was about 7 when Jadzia died and I was inconsolable. It was awful. Still get a little bit teary eyed. DS9 also brought a lot of species to the fore that took a back seat in Next Gen. Picard never really had to deal with that many greedy Ferengi or heartless Cardassians. Poor Sisko ("JAKE!!"). 

I hold so much love for Star Trek, I remember at asking my frankly terrified father why Jadzia Dax couldn't love a woman just because Dax happened to be joined to a woman now ? Just what amazing shows ...

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By onyxghost

Star trek is almost all good. Poor Scott Bakula, I don't think he's allowed to sit at the captain's table. When you get a chance try firefly. There's only 13 episodes, but they will draw you right in.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By RHCPfan24

I would vote for the Original Series. It is my favorite in its cast and scenarios. I never watched much of any of the other shows as well as so I don't really know.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By regularassmilk

I would choose the original series, or the next generation.
Although I really don't watch either one very much.

Ms_Chivios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ms_Chivios

The episode that truly made me fall in love with the original series was called "The Doomsday Machine."  IT was one of the most suspenseful episodes of the series in my pinion and had the best ship combat in any episode of TOS or the movies based off the series (excluding The Wrath of Kahn of course).  That episode just felt right on every level. 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By penguindust

Although I don't consider myself a Trekkie (Trekker?), I think I've seen every episode from the original series as well as all the ones from the "next generation" universe.  I tried and tried to get into Enterprise, but I just found it soooo completely boring.   Of the worthwhile series, I liked Deep Space 9 the best.  Unlike any of the others, DS9 was rooted in one place and so had greater opportunity to develop storylines that lasted over a long period.  Obviously inspired by Bablyon 5, DS9 was centered on a space station that functioned as a hub between many alien worlds.  Since adventure came to them, as opposed to venturing through the depths of space, there was greater opportunity to fully explore subplots and secondary characters.   Additionally, I enjoyed the players on DS9 more than any of the other series, with the exception of the Kirk-Spock-Bones dynamic.  Finally, DS9 gave me a true sense of the Federation which I didn't get from any of the other shows.  There is a bigness conveyed in the series that is missing in all the others due to their nomadic nature.  I know that might not make much sense, but what it comes down to is this; after a while journeying through the expansion of space all visited planets eventually look alike.  While, when focused on a stationary hub world, any adventure away from that familiar platform seems more unique. 

Avatar image for deactivated-596b8044e5f9a
deactivated-596b8044e5f9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DS9 was by far the best of the Star Trek series. It had a story arc that lasted the entire 7 seasons and the way it progressed felt much more natural than the one-off episode style of the other 4 series. The cast were generally better as well, especially after Michael Dorn joined them.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#73  Edited By Yummylee

I like the one that has all the lightsabers and shit.....haha oj Well i've watched the series featurin Picard and even then i haven't seen too many of them to consider myself a devotee.
Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By Giantstalker

TNG is 1st, I found it was the most refined and watchable of the shows plus the crew was by far the most interesting.  TOS is next because it also has some awesome moments with the crew but the plot lines just too often cross the "okay, this is cheese" line. And, I actually liked DS9 a lot because it portrayed a different side of the universe fairly successfully in my mind.

Voyager was weak, through and through, everything but the special effects felt second rate in that show. Enterprise was even worse, I consider myself a Star Trek fan but only watched like three episodes of that series - it was total garbage and attempted to be a lame remake of the original series in too many ways.

The new movie is great, however. If only that was somehow made into a series (which I know is impossible, but... ).

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By iam3green

i liked the original star trek, i'm not into it all that much. the orignals are good when i watched a few episodes of it.